test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which new class would you like to see in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ff2nn2 wrote: »
    lol. Me too :-)

1)
    Remove class restrictions from gear or give options like in D&D.
    I want cleric with longsword in each hand.
    I want fighter with bow.
    I want wizard with 2H warhammer and plate armor; the only class that does not need to move much anyway.
    I want thief with shield.

2)
    Then release new classes over the next years. I fear it will take that long.
    I would like to have melee cleric.
    But before working on a another sub cleric class, I would like to have more deities and the ability to define my own deity.

This one made me LMAO, dreams of overpowered characters, the heavy armor two hander wizard (the point of which is? Ranged with the big melee wpn?), dual wield cleric to maximize damage, ranged warrior, the blocking rogue. FYI, wizards need to move.

Moving on, in my opinion we have enough melee right now. Ranged arcane would be my favorite (warlock, sorc) but I would settle for a ranger archer (and another FYI, your pet keeps ONE thing occupied if you are lucky, not gonna be doing much fighting at max range). Could also go for another healer/leader, Bard has a strong place in FR lore or Shaman wouldn't be bad either. For melee, I would prefer a monk because it is different than the current options. Barbarian at this point is just a cosmetic change from the GWF.
  • Options
    lasto33lasto33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bard, Necromancer--using the original Book of Dark Magic, Ranger
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Barbarian, battle cleric, a type of paladin archetype, in that order.

This one made me LMAO, dreams of overpowered characters
    Must never have played DnD games before Neverwinter..
  • Options
    rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    A class that press 1 button to kill everyboss in one hit. Oh right, it exist already.
  • Options
    lasto33lasto33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Monk...Frair Tuck, most dangerous swordsman in Sherwood, and he was a cleric, so to speak. I seem to remember him using a turkey leg as well. And, Gandolf used an elevn sword.
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Epic BugFixer class would be nice.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    razorjack156razorjack156 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Played D&D a long time .. all aspects do not translate will into Online games. And Friar Tuck is also the fat, bald comic relief in Robin Hood tales .. you want to play that version? And an avenger class would reflect a striker divine character.
  • Options
    canstromcanstrom Member, Silverstars Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *SPOILERS*
    Next class is the Warlock
    I support this
  • Options
    shuishui Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    Hmm... Bard, Paladin, Ranger all great suggestions. I also see that no one mentions a true Bladedancer or the Shadovvar as a Class? What about the Half-Dragon ( don't flame) or the plethora of other half races that have evolved in the past 30 years of Dungeons and Dragons in various modules or game play realms, ie: Planescapes, Forgotten Realms, Whitewolf, Birthright just to name a few. Personally i'd like to see a Planes Walker or a Psion... now THERE would be some serious bug fixes!! ROFL yeahhh.. power overkill , ya think? hrmm.. hhow about a hand to hand class or an oriental one for that matter. Lots of great ideas to be seen in the forums... but implementing them? Time.. work.. time.. delay... more work... bugs to exterminate... time... blah.. blah.. and so on.

If PWI is going to get into the whole realm of DnD/ Campaign World then are off to a fantastic start... with a number of bugs and fixes. I am probably wishing against all hope here.. but.. when are they going to wise up and get the bugs OUT of the existing before releasing a NEW that just creates more needed fixes?
  • Options
    balkoth1balkoth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <removed because forum bug>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    phoenixrte69phoenixrte69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The things I could do to be able to play an Eladrin Swordmage im telling you...

Meanwhile... I could settle for a Drow Cleric and a Wood Elf Ranger (Archery)
  • Options
    guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Drow next as a race, confirmed. Ranger Archer, Warlock and Protection Paladin have been datamined. This has been said a billion times.
  • Options
    zereckizerecki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spirit Shaman, Druid, Monk
  • Options
    tairukutairuku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would love to see a ranger. Imagine how awesome that bow would look... XD.
  • Options
    iamarmoriamarmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ranger Needs to be implemented into Neverwinter.
    [Class: Trickster Rogue | Whisper@iamarmor | Server: Dragon]
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
  • Options
    evilkinglarryevilkinglarry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    In no particular order the classes I'd like to see are:

Rageblood Barbarian who uses polearms, Swarm Druid, Earth Warden armed with a warpick, Avenging Paladin wielding a shield and flail, Malediction Invoker, Valorous Bard with a songblade on his hip and a lute/lyre on their back, Shielding Swordmage, Telepathic Psion, Sone Fist Monk, Resiliant Battlemind.
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    So...you want Diablo 3 styled gearing options? Well...we all saw how that went down.

You also realize, that even in D&D, its **** near impossible for these characters to use non class based gear. Its possible, but so absurdly difficult, there isnt really much of a point in picking the poor class to use gear. I mean, 2 handed warhammers on a wizard may be fun, but after rolling str in order to use it, and taking all the extra feats necessary to work with it efficiently enough to be combat ready with it, you would have little to no use for your spells, making you more or less a weakened fighter in the first place.

Well, I would like the option. For certain classes it would make for some interesting hybrids.

Back to the OP, id like to see either Paladin or Monk next. But it feels like we are getting Warlock first.
  • Options
    bigdoserbigdoser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Warlock we need a fire mage plus the warlock tiefling in the intro is down right awesome.
  • Options
    ghidetghidet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    New class coming with the new patch has been just confirmed in the Neverwinter FB
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Working ones that won't need months of patching to finally be functioning, if they ever are.
  • Options
    mezzomentalmezzomental Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bard please!
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A GWF that works!
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Paladin when
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cleric - you know the platemail tank that uses his/her gods might to smite foes!!!
    Wizard - Top of the food chain, brains and a good spell book and everything else runs and hides, or just bows and does your bidding!!!
  • Options
    rob1965rob1965 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just want the Paragons to be introduced, I think they can do a lot with that. At 30 you can make your rouge either assassin, ranger or scout, The priest could be a priest, paladin or monk, The mage could be necro, mage or sorrceror, GWF could be bezerker, warrior, ect, the GF could be dual swords, shield and sword, ect.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    I know it will not happen but I really would like to see a Blackgaurd.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranger class.. please..?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wavekeeper Druid - Masters of water spells - Daily: Sharknado :o

Librarian - tosses books with the dexterity of a ninja causing severe paper cuts. Follows with an Encounter spell of tossing Lemon Juice on the wounds bringing their foe into a paralyzing scream which gives everyone Combat Advantage for a few seconds. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    Wavekeeper Druid - Masters of water spells - Daily: Sharknado :o

Librarian - tosses books with the dexterity of a ninja causing severe paper cuts. Follows with an Encounter spell of tossing Lemon Juice on the wounds bringing their foe into a paralyzing scream which gives everyone Combat Advantage for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

Im tossing money at my monitor. It does not seem to be working. Make this SOOOOO!
  • Options
    tfeakkane0tfeakkane0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A blasty type like a Warlock or Archer.

Followed by healing/leader/tank mix like a Paladin or Warlord