test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which new class would you like to see in Neverwinter?

lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter uses the standard MMORPG group roles Tank, Healer and DPS with subcategories of melee verse range, Crowd Control (CC), Area Effect Damage (AE) verses single target DPS, etc. As in most MMORPGs there are a surplus of DPS players and a demand for Tank and Healer players.

I would recommend the next class added be a Tank or Healer (or preferably both a Tank and Healer), thus my vote would be a Paladin. Paladins would nicely fit the much needed Tank group role and support Healer.

What do you think?
12.jpgRanger.jpg
Post edited by lltsnwn on

Comments

• jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think these kinds of threads have been posted before, but I will once again, contribute..

I want to see an archery based class...Ranger preferably. Give me a pet and my companion and let me shoot bows and crossbows at things from the max 80' range. Thanx.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    monk or ranger
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    I think these kinds of threads have been posted before, but I will once again, contribute..

I want to see an archery based class...Ranger preferably. Give me a pet and my companion and let me shoot bows and crossbows at things from the max 80' range. Thanx.

Max range is 100' (GF mark), followed by 90' from far spell feat. :p
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    Max range is 100' (GF mark), followed by 90' from far spell feat. :p

I meant the range on a ranger should only be about 80, since its about the average ranged character range, like the cleric, and wizzy.
  • johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Necromancer!! Ranger Monk
  • ff2nn2ff2nn2 Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013

lol. Me too :-)

1)
    Remove class restrictions from gear or give options like in D&D.
    I want cleric with longsword in each hand.
    I want fighter with bow.
    I want wizard with 2H warhammer and plate armor; the only class that does not need to move much anyway.
    I want thief with shield.

2)
    Then release new classes over the next years. I fear it will take that long.
    I would like to have melee cleric.
    But before working on a another sub cleric class, I would like to have more deities and the ability to define my own deity.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Realistically speaking:

Avenging Paladin
    Avenger
    Barbarian

Hopeful wishes:

Blackguard
    Ardent
    Swordmage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dskiperdskiper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warlock... I really want to rain down some fiery hell on my enemies.
    edited May 2013
    ff2nn2 wrote: »
    lol. Me too :-)

1)
    Remove class restrictions from gear or give options like in D&D.
    I want cleric with longsword in each hand.
    I want fighter with bow.
    I want wizard with 2H warhammer.

So...you want Diablo 3 styled gearing options? Well...we all saw how that went down.

You also realize, that even in D&D, its **** near impossible for these characters to use non class based gear. Its possible, but so absurdly difficult, there isnt really much of a point in picking the poor class to use gear. I mean, 2 handed warhammers on a wizard may be fun, but after rolling str in order to use it, and taking all the extra feats necessary to work with it efficiently enough to be combat ready with it, you would have little to no use for your spells, making you more or less a weakened fighter in the first place.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger Druid Paladin
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • nerdbanenerdbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BARD

/10char
  • haukfenshirehaukfenshire Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We already know we're getting Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock... outside of those, I would love to have a barbarian and/or a bard.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger
    Warlock
    Paladin
    Bard (or Warlord/Shaman)
    edited May 2013
    So...you want Diablo 3 styled gearing options? Well...we all saw how that went down.

You also realize, that even in D&D, its **** near impossible for these characters to use non class based gear. Its possible, but so absurdly difficult, there isnt really much of a point in picking the poor class to use gear. I mean, 2 handed warhammers on a wizard may be fun, but after rolling str in order to use it, and taking all the extra feats necessary to work with it efficiently enough to be combat ready with it, you would have little to no use for your spells, making you more or less a weakened fighter in the first place.

Obviously the wizard with hammer is extreme and actually not very useful.
    Especially with the current powers (e.g. nothing like tenser's transformation).

No gear restriction offers more to every player than another specialized class every 5-6 months that you might not like and that you have to level up.
    Compared to most other players (also in other games), I level up very slowly over the weeks and months.
  • maraliusmaralius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's funny. There are four people in my household who play Neverwinter and we all want different classes. Barbarian, Paladin, Druid, and Warlock, specifically.

Though the Warlock is all about Vestige pact, so I don't know how well those might transfer into the game.

Personally I wold love to see Paladin come in. In 4E they are much better at holding AoE agro than say a standard fighter, and the Guardian Fighter ought to be able to hold great single target agro, but I would like to see the Paladin be able to hold better agro via AoE. Paladin and Wizard are my two favorite classes from D&D, and I LOVE my wizard in this game.

Having said that they could use the Ranger / Druid at the moment so that someone could cash in on the Nature nodes within the game without having to use kits. It's almost as if they already built the nodes into the game anticipating the class to come shortly. Also...with Drow and Ranger coming down the pipe I am sure they will be hoping to cash in on the Drizzt love. Personally...give me some Elminster and I'll mark out.

Also...shout out for Wardens. Love that class so much.
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sharpshooter/sniper/ranger
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
    edited May 2013
    Obviously the wizard with hammer is extreme and actually not very useful.
    Especially with the current powers (e.g. nothing like tenser's transformation).

No gear restriction offers more to every player than another specialized class every 5-6 months that you might not like and that you have to level up.
    Compared to most other players (also in other games), I level up VERY slowly over the weeks and months.

I've got no problem with your rate of leveling. To each his own, and as long as its not EXTREME I could bear to see some more open ended gearing options. What if I wanted to wear cloaks instead of armour on my rogue, or what if I wanted to use a sword and dagger instead a big two handed sword. SOME of this I can see, but none of that Dual swords Cleric, or Warhammer mages nonsense. Thats just....overzealous.
    edited May 2013
    I've got no problem with your rate of leveling. To each his own, and as long as its not EXTREME I could bear to see some more open ended gearing options. What if I wanted to wear cloaks instead of armour on my rogue, or what if I wanted to use a sword and dagger instead a big two handed sword. SOME of this I can see, but none of that Dual swords Cleric, or Warhammer mages nonsense. Thats just....overzealous.

But why limit the possibilities without good reason ?
    A cleric with 2 weapons is not out of place at all. Maybe iconic weapons for a thief god ?!
    The less wanted a combination, the less likely you will ever see it. Given you might actually detect such a weird character.
    edited May 2013
    But why limit the possibilities without good reason ?

I'd love to know why a Great Weapon Fighter can't use plate armor.
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    I'd love to know why a Great Weapon Fighter can't use plate armor.

I'll agree with this. Its nothing more than a variation of the exact same Class....Fighter. Both Guardian and GWF should BOTH be able to use plate. They are, for all intents and purposes, Fighters after all.
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, in 4e, fighters only get up to scale armor. The paladin is the only class that can wear plate armor without spending a lot of feats. IIRC, clerics only get up to chain armor.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
    edited May 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    Actually, in 4e, fighters only get up to scale armor. The paladin is the only class that can wear plate armor without spending a lot of feats. IIRC, clerics only get up to chain armor.

Gods I hate 4e....
    edited May 2013
    arontimes wrote: »

Looks like my PnP fighter needs adjusting then. I blame the GM. Doesn't it only take a single feat and 15 STR and CON though?
  • faid1nfaid1n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Necromancer, Paladin, Summoner - would all be cool.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Melee Cleric, Bard, Necromancer, Ranger
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    multi class options for me but I realize that is not gonna come to fruition.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LIZZARDMAN .... forget classes add lizardman first !!!!
  • ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two-blade Ranger, Monk, Avenger, Valorous Bard, Brawny Rogue, Swordmage, Barbarian

Any of these would fit in great, in my opinion.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Looks like my PnP fighter needs adjusting then. I blame the GM. Doesn't it only take a single feat and 15 STR and CON though?

Correct. Fighters can also get plate as part of their class if they are of the Knight sub-class from Heroes of Fallen Lands, rather than the PHB 1's Fighter (sometimes called "Weapon Master" Fighter by WotC to differentiate it from the Knight and Slayer, includes Guardian, Tempest, Battlerager, and Great Weapon builds) or the Slayer.