test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game unplayable - Launcher failing to update

2»

Comments

• anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To my neverwinter friends: don't try a whole bunch of stuff trying to fix your setup. This problem is on the server side, all we can do is hope they are attempting to fix it quickly. Although, we shouldn't have to 'hope'. We should have received some kind of official word by now. It's been approximately 1.5 hours with this condition and it's affecting a wide swath of players.
  • crist1ancrist1an Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got 2 login screen iserted my pass then crash:D
  • sirhitmansirhitman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    MIne started patching at about 0.1mb/s and only 2200mb left
  • nninjassnninjass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I'd like to know is why someone hasn't given us an answer or an ETA on when it will be fixed .-.
  • vladimirsebybachvladimirsebybach Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue. U.U; Ahh well, guess i'll play something else for the time being.
    Lover of Anime, MMO's, Making Music, Web Design, and the Creator / Designer of www.roleplaysocial.net
  • propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what I am getting at the moment. 3eUkr.jpg

BTW : http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ is up ; so you can do some Professions.
  • blacksanchezblacksanchez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys,just to say i am patched up and i finally got it ... when i opened the client this last time,it said i had some problems with my files and asked me to check it,what would take 10 to 20 minutes,it did so and i finally got in,hope you guys can do it 2.
  • ddbeasleyddbeasley Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anon003 wrote: »
    FYI

The launcher can't seem to get any download speed at all, then it simply cannot connect to the server, rendering the game unplayable. I've tried all the standard trouble shooting steps as well as using 2 different network connections. It seems painfully obvious that the issue is server side. Perhaps the kind folks at Perfect World can put some effort into resolving this situation.

Mine isn't downloading as well, stuck on 11%
  • onalataconalatac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rydge wrote: »
    O dang methinks i broke it ....
    Connection problem
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.
    OK

Dont worry, Technical Support is off on Patch Days.
  • helliescotthelliescott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having this problem as well since the maintenance today. I also signed up for the preview, but that won't load either.
    i have excactly the same problem :(
  • fabmarkfabmark Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wouldent let me log in so i right clicked administator so it worked but patching so slow and is the patch over 2 gigs or is it bugged ?
  • namttinamtti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mine patches then restarts over and over but the amount needed to DL gets a little less each time at least.
  • nninjassnninjass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thats what i thought, but it stops at 400 something MB
  • thexclanthexclan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine stopped at 56% aswell, but I relaunched and the total that needed to be downloaded was smaller. So I kept relaunching it everytime it stopped. And now I'm playing! :)

Edit: Actually, when it got to 40% about the third time I relaunched it, it was stuck for a sec, but then it jumped to 66%, 93%, and it got stuck at 95% for a while. But then it ended.
    edited June 2013
    thexclan wrote: »
    Mine stopped at 56% aswell, but I relaunched and the total that needed to be downloaded was smaller. So I kept relaunching it everytime it stopped. And now I'm playing! :)

Edit: Actually, when it got to 40% about the third time I relaunched it, it was stuck for a sec, but then it jumped to 66%, 93%, and it got stuck at 95% for a while. But then it ended.

I can't get under 436MB no matter how many times i relaunch the Launcher
    edited June 2013
    nninjass wrote: »
    I can't get under 436MB no matter how many times i relaunch the Launcher

stuck at same amount 436MB togo
  • anon003anon003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also stuck at exactly 436MB. Anyone have a neighbor, distant cousin, even an x something or another that works for PW? Maybe you could text them, find out about how long we should expect this condition to persist and kindly post their response for the rest of us? I expect problems on patch day. I don't expect that the game developers would ignore the players like this. No official post or anything from PW.
  • hahawinhahawin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    30 MB remaining for me now, it's getting there....
    edited June 2013
    hahawin wrote: »
    30 MB remaining for me now, it's getting there....

Yay! one is gonna make it!
  • hahawinhahawin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It just suddenly jumped from 11% on the last 436MB to 93% but it has stalled again :s
    edited June 2013
    anyone that has been stuck at the magic 436mb, have u been able to get past this?
    edited June 2013
    Turning on "on demand" patching made the patch shrink to 840mb.
    Progress went to 19% almost instant Received 1800kb, about 5 minutes later its now at 20% and 4000kb Received
    edited June 2013
    hahawin wrote: »
    It just suddenly jumped from 11% on the last 436MB to 93% but it has stalled again :s

im in the same boat
    edited June 2013
    It's been over 2 hours now. I've not seen one word from PW. I'll try again tomorrow. Can't be too mad, considering what I paid for the game :P
  • xruka87xxruka87x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ~200 mb here...after countless restarts D:
  • seabhacgraseabhacgra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I been patching for over 4-5 hours now on a 100mb connection.... trying out FTP Rift now since I'm bored and probably won't be able to play for a while
  • xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    this takes the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ....
    edited June 2013
    sirhitman wrote: »
    Turning on "on demand" patching made the patch shrink to 840mb.
    Progress went to 19% almost instant Received 1800kb, about 5 minutes later its now at 20% and 4000kb Received

Hmm turned off "On demand patching" at home to make it smaller, patching was still not done when i went to work.
    Now at work i download full patch at 1600mb of at about 2mb/s and this is using a VPN tunnel from work to my home.