test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LF well rounded build.

warpsniperwarpsniper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Militia Barracks
I am leveling up a GWF and am looking for a good end game build that is both good for pve and can be decent for pvp. Are there any good build guides for the xbox one mod 5?
Post edited by warpsniper on

Comments

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You can't have it both ways. A good PVE build will involve Destro SM, for a good pvp one I'll roll IV Hybrid/Senti (in Xbox's case, pre mod 6 intimidation nerf). Destro/IV is also good for pvp, but if you want to play both without sacrifices, there isn't a hybrid build. It's either this or that, sadly.
  • warpsniperwarpsniper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, my main is a hunter ranger and I use the same build to top dps charts and smash in pvp (trapper pathfinder) so I thought I would give it a shot and ask. I just hit 60 yesterday and bought some purples off the trade market and now have 2/4 avatar of war set :D. I am using the Lia Knowle's pve build / guide I found on mmo minds which I think is in your signature. So far I am loving the build and would suggest it to anyone. With that said I do enjoy pvp on occasions so which that build I mentioned what suggestions would you have for making me more viable (if any at all) in pvp?
    edited May 2015
    warpsniper wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I figured as much, my main is a hunter ranger and I use the same build to top dps charts and smash in pvp (trapper pathfinder) so I thought I would give it a shot and ask. I just hit 60 yesterday and bought some purples off the trade market and now have 2/4 avatar of war set :D. I am using the Lia Knowle's pve build / guide I found on mmo minds which I think is in your signature. So far I am loving the build and would suggest it to anyone. With that said I do enjoy pvp on occasions so which that build I mentioned what suggestions would you have for making me more viable (if any at all) in pvp?

Yep, build is mine. Personally, when I spec pvp, I spec pvp. I don't do pve at all, if only because I don't feel efficient enough to do both, so I just go on a PVP bender for a month or two until I get tired of it. Last mod I went Hybrid Destro/Senti with Intimidation. It was viable because I had around 14k power, so for the Intimidation burst damage to be viable you need to have mass amounts of power. Destro IV for PVP is also viable, I just found that you need to have a lot of HP to make it good last mod. Close to 50k at least, you'll get a lot of beating from perma tr's. If you need a chart for neither I can make you one, feats are easy.
  • warpsniperwarpsniper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just have one last quick question regarding your build. I have been comparing your build to Lazalia's High Crit build and see a lot of similarities (I believe you give a shout out to him/her in your build page). I noticed Lazalia opted for Student of the sword and Vicious advantage instead of powerful challenge like you did. What are your thoughts about the differences between the two builds. I am tempted to try Lazalia and see how it goes, but I am enjoying your build a lot as well. Again sorry to bother you with these questions.
    edited May 2015
    warpsniper wrote: »
    I just have one last quick question regarding your build. I have been comparing your build to Lazalia's High Crit build and see a lot of similarities (I believe you give a shout out to him/her in your build page). I noticed Lazalia opted for Student of the sword and Vicious advantage instead of powerful challenge like you did. What are your thoughts about the differences between the two builds. I am tempted to try Lazalia and see how it goes, but I am enjoying your build a lot as well. Again sorry to bother you with these questions.

One of the big reasons I decided to make my own thing was because I didn't like his. Vicious Advantage grants me nothing in my current state, my crit chance hits 100%. It never did back in mod 5 either, I was tankier, hits were bigger, higher, better. There's macro and there's micro, if you go micro, +5% crit chance won't make you a god, sorry. Plus, I believe someone once said Powerful Challenge is crappy because it has a target cap of 5. But oh whelp, Vicious Advantage procs upon CA only, you get CA from marking, which, omg, you have a 5 target cap on! and if you trust your fellow teamates to grant you CA with their positioning something's terribly wrong with you. (and psst, you won't provide CA on your own without DS.)

Student of the Sword ISN'T bad, for your limited feat points for Mod 5, it is. It's just a waste. At BIS you'll crit around 55% of the time, it's not enough to maintain the buff for 100% uptime since it won't stack, might as well spend your 5 points elsewhere. It is however, a good choice for Mod 6 since apparently the **** aoe feat doesn't even work on 99% of the aoe's. (although it DID on preview before the mod, I personally checked.)

It's never wrong to experiment, I was full insti, full senti, full destro, specced 101 different ways before I came up with my own thing that I liked, go for it, go bat**** crazy with your GWF and find out what you like. It's the very step to being good, honestly.

Best of luck :)
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @rinat114 Thanks a bunch for posting up in these forums and linking your Lia Knowles' build. Anyone wondering, it is legit even for Xbox. I was really feeling like my GWF didn't have a place in the game before respeccing to it. Was full Sentinel and while I could last quite a while, maintaining aggro was hard as hell. First dungeon I ran with the Lia build I out DPS'd two TR's and a CW. Two of three asked me about the build. And honestly, I still have good staying power now by using life steal. I can mash a single boss for days without needing pots or DC intervention lol.

I will say I made a few small tweaks, but as long as anyone else out there sticks to the core concept of the build it will work. And in regards to using rinat114's over Lazalia's I'd say use rinat114's unless you have another party member capable of reliably marking or otherwise granting combat advantage. That would be the only place I could see a big difference.

Thanks again! No here's hoping more people start to realize what GWF's are capable of and stop kicking us from dungeons on site!