test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And then this happend

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was denied a spot in T2 Spellplague on my Devoted Cleric because my GS was not 10k plus it was only 9.8k

Yes this was before the Nerf that happens tomorrow so Even if they already had a cleric there is no reason they could not of taken me.

This is the elitism on where the game is going. We have no choice of players, we NEED certain gear we NEED to use certain powers we NEED specific class members excluding other classes that are deemed useless by the majority of players.

So now I hear the devs will be posting there runs in a few dungeons with a party of one of each class with above average gear. Whoop-de-do. This will not change players perspective of the game players will still use exploits and glitches to complete dungeons and they will still shun players who play certain classes "Cough" GWF. Why because these tactics are more effective than doing the real work of clearing the god awful amounts of trash in the game. Why bring 1 wizard to push trash off a cliff when you can bring two. Don't need a GWF in that spot.
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, rest assured, there are plenty of players who would totally love to have your DC in their group! I wouldn't think too much about one group out of probably dozens who had the rare luxury to be picky about the cleric! :)

The solution for this "problem" is the same as for all similar complaints: Play with friends, play with guild mates, build up your own buddy list in the game, form your own groups. Playing with completely random players is always, and in any MMO, like a box of candies. It can be delicious, it may be bitter. If you don't want to expose yourself to the random aspect of grouping in MMOs, the game does offer you alternatives.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Random Groups :(

They tend to show the worst of the player base. But these rotten apples are simply the easiest to find and not the norm. Sadly players who disagree with that elitism and the other issues which plague the dungeons they actually are elusive because they avoid the random systems.

I can't queue for a dungeon without having players trying to jump out of dungeon map boundaries or suicide run...
    But if you spend time to actually look for groups to join rather than using the queuing system I bet you will notice a huge improvement in the quality of players you delve with :)
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In all honesty, it was your own fault for not having a high enough gear score.

People pay a lot of money to get good at this game, and they do not need someone, who did not pay enough money, in their group.

Just pay a little more money. Problem solved.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ignore them, they were obviously bad if they have to rely on the cleric's gear to succeed in a run.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In a game where Gear Score matters so little (*), that's not a group you would want to run with anyway.

(*) Yes, I mean that literally, other than the required minimums set by the dungeons. Even vaguely competent players can and have completed CN in full starter PvP gear, with 1 DC and 2 CW. It maybe even be possible with just one expert CW.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    In a game where Gear Score matters so little (*), that's not a group you would want to run with anyway.

(*) Yes, I mean that literally, other than the required minimums set by the dungeons. Even vaguely competent players can and have completed CN in full starter PvP gear, with 1 DC and 2 CW. It maybe even be possible with just one expert CW.

This. I frequently run dungeons and I only care if someone has the required GS to enter, is somewhat competent and is willing to work with the team on who does what for boss fights and such. You just ran into the wrong sort of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    why dont you just say that you have 10k gs?

NOBODY except you can see it at the moment. If you inspect somebody you still see your own gs.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are people who are daft like that in just about every MMO. Nothing one can do except lament the typical human condition called "stupidity".
  • crowbarsrcrowbarsr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The party leader can pick whoever he wants to pick.
    If you don't like the decision you can go and make your own party. He wants 10k GS because he doesn't want to someone lesser geared, that simple.
  • daervondaervon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    crowbarsr wrote: »
    If you don't like the decision you can go and make your own party. He wants 10k GS because he doesn't want to someone lesser geared, that simple.

I lolth'ed... If that group leader won't take someone with 9.8k GS because they're lacking 200 points in GS then he's an idiot.
  • judicasjudicas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I was about to say welcome to the life of a GWF... then i read the rest of your post, if i didnt already feel bad about my GWF newest nerf class still pities us.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have bad experiences with people under 10k gear score. A majority of them seem to have this Leroy Jenkins mindset from roflstomping most of the previous dungeons.

Plus, it's also a bit of a "get on my level" thing. 10k gear score usually isn't something you can just get without working on some epic dungeons to get yourself there, rather than buying the cheap pvp sets. If I spent time working hard for my 10.9k gear score on my GWF just so people consider him for invites, then I'd like other people in my party to probably have worked equally as hard.
  • myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Random Groups :(

They tend to show the worst of the player base. But these rotten apples are simply the easiest to find and not the norm. Sadly players who disagree with that elitism and the other issues which plague the dungeons they actually are elusive because they avoid the random systems.

I can't queue for a dungeon without having players trying to jump out of dungeon map boundaries or suicide run...
    But if you spend time to actually look for groups to join rather than using the queuing system I bet you will notice a huge improvement in the quality of players you delve with :)

Sorry but without meaning to be rude but have you actually stood in Protectores Enclave lately in the run up to a DD, because by your statement it seems that you have not. All you see is min GS call outs all for over what dungeon needs, speed runs must know all skips/ tricks, 6+ spider runs per DD, dungeon pre clears rdy for DD must know all tricks. The list goes on and on. I do not bother going in any queues or PUG call outs they are all looking for the glitches, tricks, shortcuts, re spawns etc last 4 I tried I left after 1st cheat attempt. Going for PUG T1s is only thing left now as here most players don't try to cheat. I go with my guild anytime people are on but now membership is down from 200 to about 10 regular but we are in different time zones so grouping can be tough, most of guild left game due to this rubbish and the hidden agenda in the cash shop (they didn't leave the guild just the game).
    So sorry Ambi but as an 8hr a day player (now getting less n less cos of this) I deffinately do not agree with your point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dont take this the wrong way.

You just got to 60 and this happened in one of your first experiences very obviously.

DC are in the highest demand of any class :)

You have no idea how many GF and poor GWF get kicked from queue.

I do not in any way feel sorry for you at all. Frankly in a day or two you will release how redundant your rank was.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Join a guild of like minded players. Do dungeon runs with your guild. Problem solved.

PUGs will seldom lead to an ideal experience.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    I was denied a spot in T2 Spellplague on my Devoted Cleric because my GS was not 10k plus it was only 9.8k

There are some people who are just plain jackasses.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All MMO's there will be a lot of parties that say. 10k+ gear score. No exceptions period. If that is there rule so be it. Just like being in a guild run having a A group and a B group. Right now you are under 10k so you are in group B. When you are above 10k you are in group A and doing progression. Don't think you me or anyone should take that the wrong way.

Like going to Disney world and it saying you have to be this tall to get on this ride. So you can't go on ohh well. Good news is that you are still growing and you will get on the ride some day.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yesterday during delves me and my 3 friends found a cleric and CW husband/wife team who swore they could do spellplague.

I should have know they couldn't by their gear. We wiped 3 times on the first boss, and by then delves was over.

Let people make their own decisions about their groups. You're wasting your time and theirs if you aren't up to the task at hand.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes this was before the Nerf that happens tomorrow so Even if they already had a cleric there is no reason they could not of taken me.

This is the elitism on where the game is going. We have no choice of players, we NEED certain gear we NEED to use certain powers we NEED specific class members excluding other classes that are deemed useless by the majority of players.

So now I hear the devs will be posting there runs in a few dungeons with a party of one of each class with above average gear. Whoop-de-do. This will not change players perspective of the game players will still use exploits and glitches to complete dungeons and they will still shun players who play certain classes "Cough" GWF. Why because these tactics are more effective than doing the real work of clearing the god awful amounts of trash in the game. Why bring 1 wizard to push trash off a cliff when you can bring two. Don't need a GWF in that spot.

The devs aren't going to post anything. Apparently you skimmed over another thread where someone SUGGESTED they do that.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People can't even see your gearscore unless you tell them what it is. Maybe the patch fixes this issue, but I always just lie. Whenever they look at my GS they just see there's, so how are they going to know? Suckers.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

lol I solo heal Spellplague on my cleric with like 9k gs , people that ask for 10k + clearly don't know wtf to do and they expect to get carried .
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have over 10k GS on one set of gear..however depending on the dungeon I swap out sets that work better for that dungeon...have one set that rocks in 2 dungeons but only have a 9.2 GS with that set. GS are totally messed up and not to be trusted. So do I wear the 10k+ GS set and say that is my GS until I get into the dungeon or not? LOL yeah I do. Am I more effective with the lower GS set? Yeah I am.
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    cayapp wrote: »
    I have over 10k GS on one set of gear..however depending on the dungeon I swap out sets that work better for that dungeon...have one set that rocks in 2 dungeons but only have a 9.2 GS with that set. GS are totally messed up and not to be trusted. So do I wear the 10k+ GS set and say that is my GS until I get into the dungeon or not? LOL yeah I do. Am I more effective with the lower GS set? Yeah I am.

Bingo. Wear your ****ty full t2 gear to get your gs way high, the rest of us will be useful in mix n match gear, including some blues.
  • banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    crowbarsr wrote: »

What difference does it make if the guy can play his class? Really, the GS set up in this game is stupid..LFM..MUST have !!K GS OR DON"T BOTHER ME, I AM GOD AND YOU ARE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> LITTLE (K GS MOVE ALONG! I'm sick of it, and I'm dealing with running low D's so I can better my play, understand the mechanics better and almost daily fail at last boss fights, on inspection players geared with almost ALL greenies.. yeah I could be like man, I aint running with this grp of losers. but thats BS and why MMO
    s have a shelf life of spit on a rock on a sunny day. How about building the base so that for the most part, every time you que, your bound to have mostly good solid players joining.. I get it you need a certian amount of GS to enter some of the D's, just thinking it'd be nice to see people helping one another out, instead of always being on top... you win some you loose some.. just the way it is. I like helping others out, not pattin my own back, it's called simple graciousness and a good heart to fellow players, people. And yes I agree there are some who shouldn't even be allowed to get behind a KB, doesnt mean there a bad person overall. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more goodness, kindness come out of gaming. just my 2 cents, take it for just that.

Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    @OP make your own party imo.

If people only want to group with people that have good gear I don't see the problem. You're not entitled to group with people (especially strangers) and if they decide that they will set a requirement to group with them, power to them.

That being said I would never require people to have 10k + gs to run spellplague in a group I"m in. Player skill is more important than GS anyways, but I don't really blame people that ask for high GS since a bad player in good gear will probably contribute more than a bad player in bad gear. When you pug there is very little information you can use to determine player skill, aside from asking questions which isn't always going to reveal the player's skill.
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gear Score mechanics ALWAYS create such elitism; which is why I think there a bad idea (almost always universally badly implemented).

Furthermore, if the defining factor on someone's playing ability is their Gear Score, and not their skill at playing and understanding of their class, then the Game Designers are getting something very, very wrong from the start.

Gear Score could work if it was "private". So the Game Designers say that Dungeon XYZ is designed to be a challenge at Level L with a Gear Score of G.

That way individual players would know where there should be aiming.

There's no need for anyone else to know what my Gear Score is; it is entirely possible that I could compensate for being 10% under Gear-Scored, by being a better player than someone with an On-Score Gear-Score.

Gear Score != Skill, those that think it does are the problem here, not people a few hundred points below an arbitrary Gear-Score rating.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • ghostninjahghostninjah Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I have bad experiences with people under 10k gear score. A majority of them seem to have this Leroy Jenkins mindset from roflstomping most of the previous dungeons.

Plus, it's also a bit of a "get on my level" thing. 10k gear score usually isn't something you can just get without working on some epic dungeons to get yourself there, rather than buying the cheap pvp sets. If I spent time working hard for my 10.9k gear score on my GWF just so people consider him for invites, then I'd like other people in my party to probably have worked equally as hard.

Why waste all that time working hard? Buy some zen, use the auction and get a 12k gear score! WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How can the developers stop everything from everyones opinion, its the mind of people whos disturbing everything in this world where they get an experience they are unable to cope with. How in gods name is something ever going to fit everyone.

They talk about nerfing a class, why exactly? Why do people for example want a rogue to be nerfed? Roll a rogue whos stopping you? I mean if all the classes gets nerfed we will end up in dungeons for 3 hours getting nothing, 2 runs a day if you are hardcore and got nothing to do in your life.

People need to take advantage of each class and stop complaining, its a team based game and you are supposed to team up and help each other out. Who wants a sorry a$$ dps class on their runs who cant deal dmg?

PVP is a joke, im a rogue myself and the competition from p2w and just wanting to r4pe others with their stacked out tenebrous by some ego trip is just some lowlife whos got nothing better to do. First of all its not gs based tiers and people who think they are the best in that game doesnt even have a competition to start with. Delusional ego trip.

OP, find a guild. Join those guilds who got a ton of people, and stay out of those elitists guilds who are just competing between each other, they are just full of sht. Way more fun to actually have a challenge where people are actually trying to acomplish something together rather than getting all that loot in some fast way to stack their wealth.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gear Score mechanics ALWAYS create such elitism; which is why I think there a bad idea (almost always universally badly implemented).

Furthermore, if the defining factor on someone's playing ability is their Gear Score, and not their skill at playing and understanding of their class, then the Game Designers are getting something very, very wrong from the start.

Gear Score could work if it was "private". So the Game Designers say that Dungeon XYZ is designed to be a challenge at Level L with a Gear Score of G.

That way individual players would know where there should be aiming.

There's no need for anyone else to know what my Gear Score is; it is entirely possible that I could compensate for being 10% under Gear-Scored, by being a better player than someone with an On-Score Gear-Score.

Gear Score != Skill, those that think it does are the problem here, not people a few hundred points below an arbitrary Gear-Score rating.

All The Best

Actually GS is private, inspect random people. You'll realize they all have the same GS, and surprinsingly it's the same GS that you have. Maybe it's intended, maybe it's just bugged, anyway who knows, bugs seem intended in this game, just to justify it's beta.

Gs is not accurate, if you build your rogue with defense and life steal and get to 11k GS it doesn't make you better than a rogue at 9k GS that focus on crit and has a vorpal enchant. I mean the issue there is people are dumb, no patch could fix this, while similar skilled players build identically with different GS might give a difference, fact is that skill and power selection matter much more than GS. And i don't want to start discussion about GS problem when you gain more stats from equipping a T2 piece over a T1 and your gear score goes down sometimes, while you clearly gain more stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It happens. My GWF has been kicked from plenty of dungeons. One of the reasons I prefer a guild run. 200 GS doesnt make or break you. They are just butthurt because they keep wiping on the final boss and cant complete, so they feel compensating with a 10k+ GS will somehow make the players good enough to complete it. /fap motion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]