test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The AD crisis...questions

cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,
So I am slowly coming back to the game after a small hiatus after the AD crisis. I read that cryptic was removing, or trying to, all of the AD created in the game during the AD crisis.

So, are people sitting on millions of AD from this exploit?

I am slowly gearing up, via drops in dungeons and purchasing gear off the AH with AD. Slowly earning my way, one way or another. Which is how it should be...I find that given my play time, at any given time I have between 20-70k AD. Is this normal for a non exploiting player? Or are there people with millions upon millions that can corner the market at any time, and make life for me difficult?
Post edited by cesmode8 on

Comments

• elguirielguiri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The market is going down. There is no people with millions, because most of them are banned or quit.
    All your daily MMORPG news in Spanish: www.zonammorpg.com
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elguiri wrote: »
    The market is going down. There is no people with millions, because most of them are banned or quit.

That is a relief to hear, but speculation...no?
  • dndman420dndman420 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, any response to your questions will be speculation unless a mod comes in. I agree prices seem to be going down. I don,t know what a normal amount of AD is. I usually have around 20k, but I have trouble saving.
  • arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the past two weeks on Dragon prices in exchange have plummeted, AD is becoming more and more valuable. Down from around 340+ per zen to about 280 and less depending on time of day. And in typical fashion everyone is undercutting on the AH and prices just keep on going down on most items, few items seem to be safe from the drops.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    20-70K is fine - it is pretty much what my level 60s seem to be at usually. It is enough to get decent gear to help you gear up for other challenges.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Prices on AH as well a price of ZEN in AD are going down pretty much daily, so no, not just a speculation.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Hi,
    So I am slowly coming back to the game after a small hiatus after the AD crisis. I read that cryptic was removing, or trying to, all of the AD created in the game during the AD crisis.

So, are people sitting on millions of AD from this exploit?

I am slowly gearing up, via drops in dungeons and purchasing gear off the AH with AD. Slowly earning my way, one way or another. Which is how it should be...I find that given my play time, at any given time I have between 20-70k AD. Is this normal for a non exploiting player? Or are there people with millions upon millions that can corner the market at any time, and make life for me difficult?

There do not seem to be bajillions of exploit diamonds in play. There are a lot of very, very wealthy players who exploited dungeons (and still do) to sell the purple gear. There are a lot of people who bought zen and flipped it to AD -- $50 -> 5k zen -> 1.5 mil diamonds roughly (varies). So, to answer you...

1) there are very rich players with tens, if not hundreds, of millions of diamonds out there. Even if earned by cheating dungeons, they are considered legit, and obviously bought diamonds count too.
    2) the bulk of the exploited diamonds seem to be gone along with the players.
    3) your numbers seem normal for someone who does it the hard way. Not knowing your totals (earned, spent?) but it sounds about right for someone who is not selling purples in the ah nor buying their way.

4) Corner the market? What are you afraid of, really? The market is flooded with goods, keeping the prices for all but the topmost tier items very reasonable. That is good for you, as a low income player. Diamonds to zen is low, that is good for you as well, for example say you wanted to buy a bag or a respec token, the low cost of zen now (250-300 each) is easier for you than 500 each, its practically 1/2 price. The only thing that could go poorly for you would be if the wealthy players started buying up everything with floods of diamonds, raising the prices of goods. That seems to be a likely scenario in the not too distant future as the game developers fight the loot exploiters (supply of purples could dry up). THESE ISSUES ARE CAUSED BY DEVELOPERS. So my advice is to buy the best you can sooner rather than later. If the developers suddenly make new purple gear drops BOP, for example, the old BOE stuff will go up in value instantly. The new rule to only roll need on your own items will have *some* effect as well, possibly.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    What really confuses me about AD increasing in value is that this increase doesn't seem to apply to wards or (by extension) enchants.
    edited June 2013
    Good points, well taken. Thank you.

Just wanted to put this concern to rest in my mind. I thought that 20-70k on any given day is reasonable for someone earning the diamonds the hard way. I just wanted to be sure. And I wanted to be sure Id be able to grab a few things off the AH without some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out bidding all and reposting for rediculous amounts.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not all of the rich AD players exploited. Some of us played the AD/ZEN exchange like the stock market and have made Ten's of millions of AD, farm leadership, PvP, run DD's, unlock lockboxes and sell all items, etc....

There are many ways to make AD in this game without exploiting.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Earning AD the hard way has netted me about 150k AD and I'm nowhere near level capped(currently L43).
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    What really confuses me about AD increasing in value is that this increase doesn't seem to apply to wards or (by extension) enchants.

The ward and enchant markets are still recovering from teh most recent exploit I would imagine.
    edited June 2013
    Well I am sure there are many legit ways to make AD. Actually, I opened up a box last night and got some jewel piece to turn into Rhix for 40k AD. Jaw dropping..yay! So I believe it.

I was more curious about the AD that was "created" during the AD crisis a few weeks ago. If all of the AD that was made during that time has disappeared or not. If people make a few mil through various legit means, thats one thing. But I remember watching a stream of some guy using the exploit, and his AD was around 90mil. I am/was nervous of THOSE people.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I am sure there are many legit ways to make AD. Actually, I opened up a box last night and got some jewel piece to turn into Rhix for 40k AD. Jaw dropping..yay! So I believe it.

I was more curious about the AD that was "created" during the AD crisis a few weeks ago. If all of the AD that was made during that time has disappeared or not. If people make a few mil through various legit means, thats one thing. But I remember watching a stream of some guy using the exploit, and his AD was around 90mil. I am/was nervous of THOSE people.

I would "assume" that the rollback remove a lot of "recent" AD creation. The Devs/GMs were also further investigating and I'm sure banning/removing AD from exploits after checking the logs and such (when AH was down)

Again, this is all speculation.

The market. The market is player driven. People buying Zen for Cash want AD. They want AD the highest price possible (upto 500 max. This is hard coded) while people buying Zen with AD want the lowest price possible (50AD min. Also hard coded)

The Exchange listing is totally driven by players. Even if a "wealthy" player trying to manipulate the market, that is a lot of AD and Zen to mess with. I personally set a price that I am willing to buy Zen at certain price and let it sit (no time limit) but there are players who want AD NOW or Zen now and willing to pay a little more for it.

I guess there are enough sinks are working because the price is "stabilizing" from all the millions of free AD with founder packs.

Zen sink, once used, the only way to get more into the market is via cash. (this is good for PW)
    AD sinks (buying stuff from Bazaar, enchants, talent respec) seems to be working and to get more is via TIME (regardless on how many rough you earn, it is capped at 24k a day per character. The ONLY exception now is the jewel idol from lockboxes)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    theones that play a lot have more AD that is a fact not all Exploits, but basicaly if you have time to farm items, either equip or crafting you can have a good amount of AD only by selling them in the AH and well there are those that can pay a lot in Zen value to change to AD, in any case to you question yes it is normal, remember that basically you havre a 24k cap daily and to be able to gather that amount in a day you require a lot of play time, for a casual gammer like me i think the most i can do daily is 6k maybe more some times however i wish that at some point we will be able to do more than 3 of the same task since i think that is the best way to earn a decent amount of AD if you do not play a lot and your leadership profression is in good lv and you dedicate a lot of time checking that :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not 100% sure. There are tons of things on the ah listed for 1million ad + so to me that says there are still people out there sitting on millions of ad. I know it was well known on other forums that people had transferred tons of ad from the accounts they exploited with to other accounts that did nothing. After all, it is free to make an account so wouldn't be hard to put say a potion on the ah for 2m ad and have the exploit account buy out that auction. Walla, lvl 1 toon gets millions of ad w/o doing a single exploit, thus flying under the radar. So unless pw banned every account that received say over 500k ad ever (which I highly doubt they would do), there are a lot of folks sitting on millions of ad.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    Not 100% sure. There are tons of things on the ah listed for 1million ad + so to me that says there are still people out there sitting on millions of ad. I know it was well known on other forums that people had transferred tons of ad from the accounts they exploited with to other accounts that did nothing. After all, it is free to make an account so wouldn't be hard to put say a potion on the ah for 2m ad and have the exploit account buy out that auction. Walla, lvl 1 toon gets millions of ad w/o doing a single exploit, thus flying under the radar. So unless pw banned every account that received say over 500k ad ever (which I highly doubt they would do), there are a lot of folks sitting on millions of ad.

AH is not a good way to "gauge" the wealth of players. People are trying to sell at a price they "use to get" the question would be are they actually SELLING said item?

I would say give it another month to see where everything will be.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    The amount of AD in the game is going lower hence the higher value of AD vs Zen. In Beholder it's trading now at around 285-290 AD per zen. Also a lot of people have taken breaks from this game. Used to see around 20 people online .. nowadays i'll be 6-8 people at most. As there's less active population playing there's smaller influx of AD coming into the game which affects the economy (prices are lower). Altho some items are still at a premium due to the difficulty in obtaining them.

I doubt many of those who exploited were able to escape intact. 100 Million AD is an excessive amount and noway you can earn that legitly. Cryptic can just do a search of everyone who had more than 10 Million AD on their accounts and there couldn't have been more than a few hundred players.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    The amount of AD in the game is going lower hence the higher value of AD vs Zen. In Beholder it's trading now at around 285-290 AD per zen. Also a lot of people have taken breaks from this game. Used to see around 20 people online .. nowadays i'll be 6-8 people at most. As there's less active population playing there's smaller influx of AD coming into the game which affects the economy (prices are lower). Altho some items are still at a premium due to the difficulty in obtaining them.

Wow, Beholder must have really been hard hit; I never see less than hundreds in PE, no matter what time of day, which means thousands online. Maybe you should reroll on Mindflayer. :)
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Wow, Beholder must have really been hard hit; I never see less than hundreds in PE, no matter what time of day, which means thousands online. Maybe you should reroll on Mindflayer. :)

I was hoping they would actually merge all the servers now into one world.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    true midflayer have a lot of player all the time lol XD in any case i think the fact that i bougth almost all my Starwart set by under 125k AD is something to tell, the rest of the equip probably will go lower with the days to come the helm was at 1.5M and now is around 700k and going down by the day XD, and well i was not able to do LAir of the MAD dragon since once i finished the last quest i was lv 40 XD so i will need to wait for it to be epic to try it and get the helm or wait for it to go even lower on the AH, all prices will come down, we will just need to wait in the future i probably will find the timeless set for less than a million who knows :D also remember that some founders pack were still sold by this time so once all that AD from the Founders finish to move you will see even less in prizes :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
    edited June 2013

Mindflayer here as well. Always busy in Pe and lots in other zones
  • killakillaxxxkillakillaxxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leave this **** game and come play rift. its f2p now and you wont get banned doing stupid **** like you will in this game.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Beholder is fine. PE is mostly crowded as heck and there are plenty of PE instances that are to full to even join. No idea where the other guy got his numbers from. But its not the amount of people in PE.

The value of AD is climbing because their is less of it being injected into the economy.

The founders packs injected an insane amount of AD into the game. People sold stuff for stupid high amounts. The more/higher they sold, the faster the AH cut drained that AD back out of the economy. Now their is less AD going around. People are realizing that AD is way more valuable than they thought.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »

Oh but it does. It took a while to reach them, but it's finally hitting them and hard. At least on Dragon. If it's not happening on the other servers yet, it's just a matter of time!

Just over the past 2-3 days, Rank 7 have plummeted like crazy:

Azure = Down to 120k from 200k+
    Dark = Down to under 180k from 300k+
    Radiant = Down to 220k from 300k+
    Silvery = Who cares about Rank 7s? Rank 8s have gone from 500k down to 250k!

Don't tell me about enchants being unaffected... T_T
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    The founders packs injected an insane amount of AD into the game.

Actually most of the people who made millions of AD early on didn't get their AD from Founders. Even to Founders, AD is still fairly valuable, it is only to people who had access to a near infinite supply that it wasn't........
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elguiri wrote: »

Source? Or just spouting off BS? I predict the second. Since I KNOW people with 20+ million.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Source? Or just spouting off BS? I predict the second. Since I KNOW people with 20+ million.

I've made few millions AD legit, i don't need to buy anything and i'm stacking AD, when the exchange is favourable i'm buying zen that i don't use anymore, since i don't feel there's money to do with box and key now... Pretty sure i'm not the only one in this situation. So i do believe the major reason price are dropping it's because there's not enough demand vs offer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    leave this **** game and come play rift. its f2p now and you wont get banned doing stupid **** like you will in this game.

If you're doing stupid things in a game, like exploiting the economy, you deserve a ban regardless of what the title of the game is.

I re-downloaded rift a week or two ago because I got a new rig. Runs flawlessly. Still, the combat in that game is the worst out of any choice of MMO we have: WoW, Tera, GW2, Rift, NW, LOTRO, etc. Its terrible. Its too slow for me.

While Rift has great systems, its held down by its combat.

Anyways, not the thread for this discussion ;p
    edited June 2013
    If you're doing stupid things in a game, like exploiting the economy, you deserve a ban regardless of what the title of the game is.

I re-downloaded rift a week or two ago because I got a new rig. Runs flawlessly. Still, the combat in that game is the worst out of any choice of MMO we have: WoW, Tera, GW2, Rift, NW, LOTRO, etc. Its terrible. Its too slow for me.

While Rift has great systems, its held down by its combat.

Anyways, not the thread for this discussion ;p

I played RIFT when it was still P2P .. the quests are boring as heck. Altho the Rift events are interesting.