test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im a CW but you guys need to buff clerics and get rid of the Astral Shield nerf.

2»

Comments

• Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Great_Weapon_Fighter

Role: Damage Dealer
    Secondary Defender

They do less damage than GFs and can't tank currently, though.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    hyttehanshyttehans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Have played on the Test server as a geared 60:

DC, Way more fun now its not just stand in circle and DPS and actually need to use other ability's now
    TR, Oh nooo I can't kill a boss in 17 sec anymore... its takes me 22 sec now....
    CW, Lost DPS so now I focus more on control reducing the damage my team take's (see the point?)
    GWF, Roarrrrrrrrr I can kill things now, I'm useful! (happy face)
    GF, I can hold aggro from pack of mobs and Because I'm full tank spec and my feats have been fixed I have a 54% dam resist so now I can make Mobs focus on me so the cleric needs to Single target heal, and I rotate my dam resist buffs (10%) and my cleric decided to be smart and also rake foresight further reducing my damage taken by 11%, oh and Idecided not to take an ioun stone because I dont need damage to tank so I have acolyte of kelvemore for another 10% dam resist so thats 80% without AS.

Working as Intended.

one question, what single target heal is that? healing word that is a hot, and stacking more on one target wont make him heal more, just up the duration? or is it soothing light you are talking about that drains divinity so we cant cast Astral shield & forgemasters flame from divine mode? please enlighten me what singletarget heal you the "expert" is talking about.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Great_Weapon_Fighter

Role: Damage Dealer
    Secondary Defender

They do less damage than GFs and can't tank currently, though.

That's why they received buffs in both areas on the test shard.
  • Options
    colluzioncolluzion Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    PvE in this game is a joke, Clerics needed to be nerfed. I'll be happy if half of the people who are clearing the hardest instance in the game with two Clerics can't do it anymore. Three weeks after Open Beta release my group was clearing with a single Cleric and nearly falling asleep.

Nerfed because needed.
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    colluzion wrote: »
    PvE in this game is a joke, Clerics needed to be nerfed. I'll be happy if half of the people who are clearing the hardest instance in the game with two Clerics can't do it anymore. Three weeks after Open Beta release my group was clearing with a single Cleric and nearly falling asleep.

Nerfed because needed.

Actually, you're the joke. You couldn't even throw mobs off ledges or spam Singularity when I grouped with you one time. I highly doubt you and your baddie guild cleared CN with 1 Cleric 3 weeks after release. Especially not with you in the group.
  • Options
    woodlandwoods1woodlandwoods1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics were never intended to be tanks.

Standing still in a circle while a GWF or Rogue (sometimes both) wails on you and your health doesn't move... Yeah, that sounds just fine.
  • Options
    adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics were never intended to be tanks.

Standing still in a circle while a GWF or Rogue (sometimes both) wails on you and your health doesn't move... Yeah, that sounds just fine.

In Pvp and with one astral shield.. then is fault of the rogue or the GWF.. I agree that 2 astral shield stacking were too much (even if they could be both cancelled),but really a cleric with 1 astral shield barely matches the resistence of a guardian fighter with a good regeneration gear, with a lot less damage output.
    The duration has been made too short, or , if it the duration intended from the start, the cooldown is way too long, I'm curious to see how much recovery will be needed to hit the 50% recharge speed... right now I'm sitting on 4,5k recovery and still have 4,4 seconds uncovered by shield.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a cw and they need to fix both our broken *** class and everything else they messed up (including DC's). I am not even talking nerfs, I mean all our feats, set bonuses, class features and powers that aren't ****ing working right. Forget balancing the game, bloody **** well fix it first FFS! How will you guys even know what to balance until stuff is working correctly as intended anyway?
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hyttehans wrote: »
    one question, what single target heal is that? healing word that is a hot, and stacking more on one target won't make him heal more, just up the duration? or is it soothing light you are talking about that drains divinity so we cant cast Astral shield & forgemasters flame from divine mode? please enlighten me what single target heal you the "expert" is talking about.

Def not an "expert", but I have played every class in every dungeon so I have a broad perspective.

I also rotate in Divine armour every 8-12 seconds (amazing daily)

Healing word + Bastion (bastion needs to feated) centered on only the target's you want to heal works (means you don't get unnecessary aggro, bastion still causes full heal aggro on target's even when not healed)

Healing word + Crit dps from a dps cleric build (15% aoe heal on crit build) also keeps your target up

Astral Seal + Healing word (this is a tough combo very single target and you need specific gear to make it work)

Sunburst + Bastion also works (more aoe healing build)

depending on gear level of your dungeon/gear level of your group you may need to use a combination of these (and I'm not talking about gearscore, its far too easy to over inflate, and it not a good representation of skill)

Note: ran never last night without using Astral shield to see if it could be done... was harder but its doable with a geared group and skilled player's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Def not an "expert", but I have played every class in every dungeon so I have a broad perspective.

I also rotate in Divine armour every 8-12 seconds (amazing daily)

Healing word + Bastion (bastion needs to feated) centered on only the target's you want to heal works (means you don't get unnecessary aggro, bastion still causes full heal aggro on target's even when not healed)

Healing word + Crit dps from a dps cleric build (15% aoe heal on crit build) also keeps your target up

Astral Seal + Healing word (this is a tough combo very single target and you need specific gear to make it work)

Sunburst + Bastion also works (more aoe healing build)

depending on gear level of your dungeon/gear level of your group you may need to use a combination of these (and I'm not talking about gearscore, its far too easy to over inflate, and it not a good representation of skill)

Note: ran never last night without using Astral shield to see if it could be done... was harder but its doable with a geared group and skilled player's
    Ya ran Castle Never without AS on your bar huh? ORLY? I have seen the nonsense you post in your threads but this is by far the biggest outright piece of ...I don't even... you have ever posted. Please stop spreading misinformation to others. Now having said that. I for one do not believe astral shield needs to be reverted. I do believe bastion of healths CD needs reduced to a base of 15 seconds and the dps tree needs alot of love because it's second rate at best. I run both a geared cleric and a geared GF in guild runs where we know each others play style well so that's where my opinions come from. Pugs will always have a tougher time, it's the nature of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.