test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Im a CW but you guys need to buff clerics and get rid of the Astral Shield nerf.

coolarsonistcoolarsonist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
As much as I want to cry about how stupid the CW nerf is, the cleric astral shield nerf is complete idiocy and we must address it and let the devs know that it won't fly. Speak up people. If anything they need a buff.
Post edited by coolarsonist on

Comments

• Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or, speaking as a cleric.

They could kill Astral Shield completely (along with Righteousness), replace it with a more active protection style heal and rebalance the game so most of the dmg is avoidable and it becomes an actual Action Rpg.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    or:
    ->buff gf's tanking ability (shield and defense) to a reasonable level
    ->the power removed from astral shield should be put into the ability to properly heal allies; honestly wouldn't mind waiting a few seconds between each astral shield if the tank wasn't being killed in two hits without it along with the lack of a proper heal, which is why I mentioned buffing tank gf, even if it means lowering gf's damage

Now we have classes that depend on one another and properly help each another effectively!
  • Options
    zoywikizoywiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh no the group isnt comprised of only DC, TR, CW now.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Have played on the Test server as a geared 60:

DC, Way more fun now its not just stand in circle and DPS and actually need to use other ability's now
    TR, Oh nooo I can't kill a boss in 17 sec anymore... its takes me 22 sec now....
    CW, Lost DPS so now I focus more on control reducing the damage my team take's (see the point?)
    GWF, Roarrrrrrrrr I can kill things now, I'm useful! (happy face)
    GF, I can hold aggro from pack of mobs and Because I'm full tank spec and my feats have been fixed I have a 54% dam resist so now I can make Mobs focus on me so the cleric needs to Single target heal, and I rotate my dam resist buffs (10%) and my cleric decided to be smart and also rake foresight further reducing my damage taken by 11%, oh and Idecided not to take an ioun stone because I dont need damage to tank so I have acolyte of kelvemore for another 10% dam resist so thats 80% without AS.

Working as Intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do you mean like if you run out of the red you still take damage but you use the dodge you'll sometimes avoid damage? by I still sometimes take damage even using the dodge :O
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zoywiki wrote: »
    oh no the group isnt comprised of only DC, TR, CW now.

No, it's 2xDC 2xCW and 1xTR
    or you actually though GWF and GF could be of any use without permanent Astral Shield? LOL how naive :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

DC, Way more fun now its not just stand in circle and DPS and actually need to use other ability's now
    TR, Oh nooo I can't kill a boss in 17 sec anymore... its takes me 22 sec now....
    CW, Lost DPS so now I focus more on control reducing the damage my team take's (see the point?)
    GF, I can hold aggro from pack of mobs and Because I'm full tank spec and my feats have been fixed I have a 54% dam resist so now I can make Mobs focus on me so the cleric needs to Single target heal, and I rotate my dam resist buffs (10%) and my cleric decided to be smart and also rake foresight further reducing my damage taken by 11%, oh and Idecided not to take an ioun stone because I dont need damage to tank so I have acolyte of kelvemore for another 10% dam resist so thats 80% without AS.

Working as Intended.

Pretty much perfectly said. I hate astral shield ruins PvE and especially PvP.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Or, speaking as a cleric.

They could kill Astral Shield completely (along with Righteousness), replace it with a more active protection style heal and rebalance the game so most of the dmg is avoidable and it becomes an actual Action Rpg.

This feedback would have been helpful in alpha, not when it's about to go live. Guardian fighters & Great Weapon fighters especially have no mechanics to avoid most of the damage. The class design & toolkit doesn't allow it.

The DC nerf is stupid though, yes. They have nothing to make up for the stacking, I see few if any groups clearing any of the hard content.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They should do something like this:

1. Cleric A casts Astral Shield - it operates as normal.

2. Cleric B now casts Astral Shield while Cleric A's is still in effect - the extra duration from Cleric B's AS gets tacked onto the initial casting, and whichever was of a higher rank becomes the "active" one.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    knyneknyne Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Developers at Cryptic are ****ing amateurs. Once again a decent game with potential ruined by a ****ty company. Move on to the next.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

lol way more fun now? lmao.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Pretty much perfectly said. I hate astral shield ruins PvE and especially PvP.

If AS is ruining your pvp at 60, its because you are bad.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

Said like the GF u r from all your posts who doesnt have a clue how other classes play.

Plays class thats buffed is happy much...
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

You play as one class GF how the hell would you know how the other classes play. R u guessing its much more fun for them.

Why should i get a nerf to make you feel better
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the fact that the Cleric can do damage. Hell in D&D they should never be considered as a primary healer. There are different kinds of Clerics. I saw someone complain that if they have a Cleric they shouldn't have to use pots.

Well in the words of DDO, My Mana is not your HP, and it should never be like that. Clerics should do their best to keep someone alive, but being in the back just to heal is boring as all hell.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the fact that the Cleric can do damage. Hell in D&D they should never be considered as a primary healer. There are different kinds of Clerics. I saw someone complain that if they have a Cleric they shouldn't have to use pots.

Well in the words of DDO, My Mana is not your HP, and it should never be like that. Clerics should do their best to keep someone alive, but being in the back just to heal is boring as all hell.
    Opinion. If one chooses to go towards the line of keeping their allies alive effectively they should be able. You don't like it? Then you don't have to, but don't remove the option.
  • Options
    justiniand1justiniand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The thing is if they had fixed aggro for GFs, removed stacking from AS and buffed damage from GWF the game would have been well balanced. 4-5 seconds of no AS is pretty much a lifetime in PvP and in PvE when you have an almost undodgeable hit squad of epic drow blademasters.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I'm hoping with further updates that additional prestige classes will allow the healing load to be slightly taken off the cleric.

E.g. A paladin path with lay on hands for the GF, warlord path with inspiring words for the GWF, bard for the rogues with some group buff abilities, shaman for the CW with protector spirit for moderate party wide healing and radiant servant for the cleric, although I'm not sure what ability to give them.

Just throwing out ideas really.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    arlacharlach Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013

yeah, but clerics in this game can't exactly damage can they :p
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arlach wrote: »
    yeah, but clerics in this game can't exactly damage can they :p

Depends on the build. I've seen some Clerics (not me) perform some pretty good damage.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Said like the GF u r from all your posts who doesnt have a clue how other classes play.

Plays class thats buffed is happy much...

I play every class. all 60 all geared.

I have cleared all content on all classes also, even Never on my GWF and GF, I find the changes way more fun, so the perspective is from every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

Well said. Very similar to my T2 testing in practice mode. So far so good.
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    No, it's 2xDC 2xCW and 1xTR
    or you actually though GWF and GF could be of any use without permanent Astral Shield? LOL how naive :rolleyes:
    This, because of the DC nerf, GWF and GF are even more useless LMAO! If they buffed them instead, there would only need to be 1 DC and a GF/GWF would take place, think devs, think. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE OP, BUFF THEM DONT NERF THEM @DEVS.
  • Options
    theairockstartheairockstar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coming from the perspective of a relatively skilled cleric in this game it is going to be relatively harder for us to do anything then it is already. Currently I have a 100% up-time on astral shield which is apparently not going to be possible after you nerf the effect time and it is extremely hard for ANY cleric to mitigate the damage from the hordes of additional mobs that you throw at people during boss fights, and that is with two clerics throwing down astral shields. We can't heal, we can't damage. A well equipped low level is going to heal more via regeneration then what we can do with healing word or any of our other crummy heals. My character is a pretty good spec for critical and damage mitigation, I keep foresight on for some damage mitigation I use sacred flame for even more. Astral shield for emergency heals and sun burst to try to keep the hordes of minions you throw at us off of me. From my perspective I don't see many people clearing end game content when everybody playing one switches over to one of the better classes. Me for one? I switched over to a trickster rogue.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

This! Perhaps some people will have to reconsider the class choice they made. Having a 1 click=win button in a game sucks. Glad they took steps to fix it.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013

in Neverwinter it is. actually, cleric paragon path skills from D&D, Divine Oracle can't see it as a healer. in here you can say the paragon Divine Oracle is combine of D&D Divine Oracle and Warpriest. the nerfing in AS make it more Divine Oracle then Warpriest. as for primary healer depend who took the paragon of healing, it could be Paladin or Cleric
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    in Neverwinter it is. actually, cleric paragon path skills from D&D, Divine Oracle can't see it as a healer. in here you can say the paragon Divine Oracle is combine of D&D Divine Oracle and Warpriest. the nerfing in AS make it more Divine Oracle then Warpriest. as for primary healer depend who took the paragon of healing, it could be Paladin or Cleric

That Wiki page misses a lot of the 4ED cleric paragon paths... ofcourse in 4ED more than just cleircs can take these paths, but in general they could be considered cleric paths.

Angelic Avenger
    Anointed Champion
    Astral Savant
    Battle Chaplain
    Compassionate Healer
    Divine Oracle
    Holy Emissary
    Radiant Servant
    Messenger of Peace
    Miracle Worker
    Seldarine Dedicate
    Stone Keeper
    Truthseeker
    Warpriest

The colored ones are the ones I am hoping for, but I'm sure everyone has their own wish. ^^
    The violet ones are what I think the melee cleric if they ever bring it out will be, and rather than calling it a cleric they will call it a warpriest, as we already have cleric as a base name it could save a little confusion.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think we'll get a good idea how all this shakes out until it has actually been live for a bit, and the less informed lowest common denominator players butt heads with it all. There's going to be a bit of a shakeout period, where GFs will actually need to spec and enchant for survivability, and TRs are going to have to grow some situational awareness, rather than just standing in red, whaling blindly on bosses and screaming "OMG HAEL U NUB".

Well-drilled players with solid synergy will find ways to make almost anything work, as usual. The unwashed masses, who are the cash cow that funds all of this, however, will need to be able to cope. Sadly, that often boils down to a staring competition, where the developer blinks first, and dumbs things down to avoid an exodus, rather than people enjoying the process of upping their game.

MMOs aren't just for the deep nerds any more. They need to pander to the LoL players and the CODBLOPSers if they want to make the buckets of cash that publishers require. How this will turn out in reality is something that I wouldn't dare try to predict.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They should do something like this:

1. Cleric A casts Astral Shield - it operates as normal.

2. Cleric B now casts Astral Shield while Cleric A's is still in effect - the extra duration from Cleric B's AS gets tacked onto the initial casting, and whichever was of a higher rank becomes the "active" one.

...I hope this is a joke because that's a horrible idea.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013

Working as Intended.

GWFs could already kill things. That's not the issue. You are not supposed to be Primary damage dealers anyway, rather add tanks. Maybe try playing your intended role next patch and you will get invites. CWs are losing none of their AoE damage btw so keep dreaming on that.