test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry is Stuck on Publishing

giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So have made 4 foundry quests so far and just finished my 5th this morning. Clicked publish and was going through the normal process only difference is its been about 4.5 hours now and still says publishing. Keep in mind im not mob stacking my map isnt filled with alot of details. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

Ill keep you informed if the status changes at all.
Post edited by giantdude on

Comments

• savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    giantdude wrote: »
    So have made 4 foundry quests so far and just finished my 5th this morning. Clicked publish and was going through the normal process only difference is its been about 4.5 hours now and still says publishing. Keep in mind im not mob stacking my map isnt filled with alot of details. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

Ill keep you informed if the status changes at all.

Same exact issue here. *Sad Face*
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, perpetually stuck in the publishing process, AND my foundry is lagged out to the point of frustration, due to this bug.

Cryptic, you really need to hotfix this.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
    edited June 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Yup, perpetually stuck in the publishing process, AND my foundry is lagged out to the point of frustration, due to this bug.

Cryptic, you really need to hotfix this.

bump...because you're right. :/
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    same here :)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The last time this happened I believe they said it was just due to a backlog. As I recall it took almost a day before it either went through or they fixed it.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I'm sad to hear that everyone is having the same problem, but at least a lot of the community is aware of it! So keep bumping so this gets fixed! Cheers guys and when this is all fixed ill give you my short code if you'd like to play. Toss me yours and I'll definitely rate it!
    edited June 2013
    giantdude wrote: »
    Well I'm sad to hear that everyone is having the same problem, but at least a lot of the community is aware of it! So keep bumping so this gets fixed! Cheers guys and when this is all fixed ill give you my short code if you'd like to play. Toss me yours and I'll definitely rate it!

Well there is more than just this issue as well. It seems that when you try to load the for review tab, it'll cause you to disconnect due to some 'packet' error. Also, my campaign *even though previously subscribed,* sits on 'loading' now and won't even load under the subscribed tab.
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Ouch! Wish I had not hit publish now! Must be a backlog or something because this is the first time it has ever happened to me.
    edited June 2013
    katah1969 wrote: »
    Ouch! Wish I had not hit publish now! Must be a backlog or something because this is the first time it has ever happened to me.

I wish they'd at least acknowledge that they are aware of the issue. Who knows, it could just need a server resart or something to fix :/
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    I wish they'd at least acknowledge that they are aware of the issue. Who knows, it could just need a server resart or something to fix :/

words right out of my mouth. /bump
    edited June 2013
    /bump - sorry but I'm just sitting here waiting for this to be fixed :/
  • shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /bump - sorry but I'm just sitting here waiting for this to be fixed :/

Agreed, been waiting to publish my quest all day.
    Stats.png
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This could be a side effect from porting the quests over to the preview shard. I know they are working hard on it. I too hit publish and now have a lag fest to where it's uneditable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    This could be a side effect from porting the quests over to the preview shard. I know they are working hard on it. I too hit publish and now have a lag fest to where it's uneditable.

yup same here, whilst I was making some small changes, and found a typo (ACK!!) I hit save, publish and now in limbo... plus way too laggy to edit any further.. this was at 4:45 pm...

I have faith =) just wish I could pull the quest until the typo gets fixed!! lol (I swear I've been over every line of dialogue at least a bazillion times and still manage to find something.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gorgothus wrote: »
    yup same here, whilst I was making some small changes, and found a typo (ACK!!) I hit save, publish and now limbo... plus too laggy to edit any further.. this was at 4:45 pm...

I have faith =) just wish I could pull the quest until the typo gets fixed!! lol (I swear I've been over ever line of dialogue at least a bazillion times and still manage to find something.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am completely oblivious to my own typos whatsoever, thank goodness there are awesome people in the community with a better nack for it than I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited June 2013
    well while we are waiting made a video in tribute to Neverwinter! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7q8YMXSLw you dont have to like or sub just watch and enjoy in HD :) something to pass the time lol
    edited June 2013
    I have come to terms with the fact that I am completely oblivious to my own typos whatsoever, thank goodness there are awesome people in the community with a better nack for it than I.

Haha, I hear ya on that one!
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix please.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013

Well now I know why my english teacher all those years ago kept harping on me....cause of my **** typos and grammar lol.

p.s. just found another one.

p.p.s please fix stuck on publishing.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror
  • et20et20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i have this issue as well.
    Explore the Blue Crystal Cave (NW-DBD6U7DO6). - Still tuning.
  • narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if this is related or not...

But I did a make over of my one and only quest to try to improve it (in my own eyes), but I cannot publish it. The "Publish" button is greyed out. Would this be related? Or something I am just not doing right.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    bump...because you're right. :/

Bumb because of ^

This is rediculus and frustrating >.<
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • sarezarsarezar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue...
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Irritatingly it was stuck on un-publishing as well. I put a quest on there with sparse dialogue for a couple of people to test the mechanics; then I tried to remove it and in the mean time got random reviews saying 'there isn't much dialogue' or 'I didn't like the plot'.. Annoying.
    My new quest:

WIP
  • artchichartchich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here !
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Deserves a bump... - Up up and... Away!
    I like turtles.

• ndlaosndlaos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump!

I got the packet corruption in the review tab for a few days already. And now I wanted to publish my first foundry quest and publish is not working at all (but i could not find my quest andyway since both my wife and I have the packet corruption) - pretty frustrating considered that player made / selfmade content is one of the stron points of neverwinter...

Hope they fix this asap - well I hope they tell us first that they are aware of the problem and fix it than asap ;-)
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lolsorhand wrote: »
    Deserves a bump... - Up up and... Away!

No. What it deserves, nay demands, is a comment from Cryptic.

Stating that:
    1) They are aware of the problem,
    2) They are investigating, and
    3) That they are making fixing it a priority issue.

We can bump this all day long, but it is shameful in the extreme, and appalling Customer Service / Community Relations that Cryptic has made no comment on this yet.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited June 2013
    ndlaos wrote: »
    Bump!

I got the packet corruption in the review tab for a few days already. And now I wanted to publish my first foundry quest and publish is not working at all (but i could not find my quest andyway since both my wife and I have the packet corruption) - pretty frustrating considered that player made / selfmade content is one of the stron points of neverwinter...

Hope they fix this asap - well I hope they tell us first that they are aware of the problem and fix it than asap ;-)

(Bumpish) Well you can search for your creation by the serial number of the quest, no need to go into the "New" or "for review" tab, I have the same problem as you.
    I like turtles.

• shadowboxshadowbox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Been a whole 24 hour cycle and still no response from them, what gives.
    Stats.png