test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview, the new Neverwinter public test shard, is now available!

Comments

• aerobombardieraerobombardier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ This. I pull 12 Mbps, and push 5 Mbps--you guys really, really need to work on your push. Really.
  • swejuggaloswejuggalo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a 100/10 line and I gave up. Now when I start the launcher again it does not seem to find anything?
  • zynt3xzynt3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow that was really fast with the Test-Realm, thank you Cryptic.

Great job!

I think if they would give access to all all things ingame it would just dectract the people from the things which should be looked at.

Also the changes doesn't only affect level 60 characters but rather the whole way from 1 to 60, so that should be tested, too.
  • aelaenaelaen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ This. I pull 12 Mbps, and push 5 Mbps--you guys really, really need to work on your push. Really.

Yeah, it's Saturday morning and I have a the first block of time to play that I've had in a while. But I'm stuck doing a massive patch - and I'm not even on the test server.

It got up to like 23% before, but I went to do things and my computer went to sleep like normal. The patcher can't pick up where it left off, so I'm back to 1%.

It's not my internet speeds, all of that is fine.

Waste of what little play time I have. Makes me less likely to make any more Zen purchases because I'm fed up with the game.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think i'll pass.
  • kodimagnylkodimagnyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I give up on the patch'ing as well. Takes forever, and as above, it's not my connection it's wrong with.
    Thanks for nothing .... again
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No, it wouldnt... given that this is a f2p game people could just play the PTR rather than the pay portion of thegame if that were the case. There would be even less incentive to pay.

which..could be remedied by wiping characters at the end of every test period.
    \

also, if anyone can help,. I see no option on my loader screen to activate the test realm ;/
  • agnustheholyagnustheholy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    also, if anyone can help,. I see no option on my loader screen to activate the test realm
    You must choose it in the launcher bottom left, the options are Nevewinter and Neverwinter Preview, just above the patching bar.
  • swejuggaloswejuggalo Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... I got it running again. But something is strange... Patched 254.1MB / 1589MB, Received 1879.5 - 15% ?
  • geldrinhor62geldrinhor62 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would LOVE to see the newer content, and fixes done with the Preview shard, but the patcher is slower than anything. 1,589 MB patch file seems to go about 1.5 kbps from your end. The LAST few patches (42, 45 and 47) seemed to have picked up speed...the patch process was taking between 30-45 seconds for a 100+ or so MB patch. This patch seems mired in molasses. Plus...I hadn't even asked to test the preview, but this patch came up at an odd time....after I logged OUT of my play, the launcher would restart from my desktop on it's own and just start patching, like my account had not logged off the server. What's up with that?
  • zombietreatszombietreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Open the launcher and login but don't select to play, just above the progress bar should be an option to switch between the main server and the preview server.

This should be made more clear and put in the announcements. A screenshot wouldn't kill ya.
  • ravenouzxravenouzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wtb infinite respecs plz
  • tirwen1tirwen1 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would LOVE to see the newer content, and fixes done with the Preview shard, but the patcher is slower than anything. 1,589 MB patch file seems to go about 1.5 kbps from your end. The LAST few patches (42, 45 and 47) seemed to have picked up speed...the patch process was taking between 30-45 seconds for a 100+ or so MB patch. This patch seems mired in molasses. Plus...I hadn't even asked to test the preview, but this patch came up at an odd time....after I logged OUT of my play, the launcher would restart from my desktop on it's own and just start patching, like my account had not logged off the server. What's up with that?

They're front loading the patch/pre-patching or whatever you want to call it. This is for the big release, nothing to do with preview.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?335172-Now-Available-quot-Pre-Patching-quot-Upcoming-Neverwinter-Content

It's in general, not news, which is why I didn't find it for a bit myself.
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A teste shard without free respecs? And you call yourselves developers? Pathetic.
  • time2kill1time2kill1 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    It is saying i don't have any characters to copy over. But i do. so what do i do.
  • macinaossamacinaossa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    time2kill1 wrote: »
    It is saying i don't have any characters to copy over. But i do. so what do i do.

I have the same problem, i want to try to copy again my character on preview (so i can use some new items that i bought after i copied my character on preview the first time) but the webiste it saying that i haven't any characters on Neverwinter
  • odinspathodinspath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity try the newest release out before many others.

Will this preview have the updates from http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501 in affect ?.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am also getting the "no characters in Neverwinter" message. Even though I copied a character yesterday. So... what's going on? Wanted to copy my rogue over to check stuff out.
  • ravenouzxravenouzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Cryptic: Hey guys here is the test server for you to test stuff out, we aren't going to allow you to respec that easy, so once you're on the test server go farm AD all day and then maybe in a couple days you might have enough for a respec, only then you can test out the skills we nerfed/buffed/broke"

Actual statement.
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I am also getting the "no characters in Neverwinter" message. Even though I copied a character yesterday. So... what's going on? Wanted to copy my rogue over to check stuff out.

Same issue here, though I never did copy a character yesterday. Just the message "no characters in Neverwinter". Bug?
  • time2kill1time2kill1 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    kadirra wrote: »
    Same issue here, though I never did copy a character yesterday. Just the message "no characters in Neverwinter". Bug?

Still having this issue. "no characters in Neverwinter".
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Can you respec your talents/powers/feats on the preview server?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I did some testing on my cleric in whispering caverns. But I couldn't test how the changes played out in dungeons because no one will run them there. In solo play however I really didn't seem to be hurt from the changes made to the cleric class, I just had to move a little bit more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themegaversethemegaverse Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also get the "You have no characters in Neverwinter! To create a character, go to the http://nw.perfectworld.com/download".
  • dampfplaudererdampfplauderer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nw.perfectworld.com/preview isn't loading...
  • oneeyedpeteoneeyedpete Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I'm just curious; is anyone starting a character from scratch and if so have you tried to enter a pvp or skirmish at low levels (10 - 13)?
    I have but I stayed queued up for couple hours before giving up as I don't know if there is enough characters at low levels to do them.
  • bagladykillerbagladykiller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm just curious; is anyone starting a character from scratch and if so have you tried to enter a pvp or skirmish at low levels (10 - 13)?
    I have but I stayed queued up for couple hours before giving up as I don't know if there is enough characters at low levels to do them.

I don't think enough people are playing at low levels.

1300 PST servers unavailable :(
  • oneeyedpeteoneeyedpete Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I don't think enough people are playing at low levels.

1300 PST servers unavailable :(

I guess I will have to do more dungeons then and restart my guy when more people get on.
  • traveller5traveller5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    whats the point of having a test shard for a test shard? are we in beta now or not? and if we are in beta how can money be accepted to play it? color me confused
  • vladiusvladius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After going to nw.perfectworld.com/preview I input my username and password then after a while it gives me this error:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Its being like that the whole day.
This discussion has been closed.