Options

Legit players are nearly gone from NWO

13»

Comments

• Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    A true grind of 2/3 hours per t2 dungeon would have made people so proud when wearing full t2 sets in PE.

Now it's just bleh, and it's all there own fault.

(i dont care im still gonna grind it legit and feel awsome when im done :p )

I don't get that. Anything I can buy off the auction house is effectively worthless to me as far as pride goes in a game.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    I've been saying for the last week or two that the patch with the fixes NEEDS TO COME OUT NOW and not be delayed until the content update. Cryptic is acting like they've never made an MMORPG before; YOU DO NOT DELAY CRITICAL FIXES, EVER.

Exactly, dealing with critical issues too late is like no dealing with them at all. They may fix all of this in a week or two but damage has already been done.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Member Posts: 2,215 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I don't get that. Anything I can buy off the auction house is effectively worthless to me as far as pride goes in a game.

Hmm, having something that I worked for is a source of pride for me even if someone else did not have to work (or at least not as hard) for it.

If I worked my tail off at after school/weekend jobs to be able to buy a car as a teen, it wouldn't reduce my pride in the vehicle when a freind whose parents owned the dealership got his for free.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, epic T2s are just not fun. 99% of groups "exploit" game mechanics to get them done faster. Time to rework/retune the T2s Cryptic. Oh, wait, you have 1 day left, then we're off to RIFT ;-P

Good luck with that rift's mechanics and instances are so bugged as well and easy to boot. the real hard thing to do is get a guild to have 20 people on line at hte same time to do the raid... We cleared all the storm legion instances in 1 night in about 3 hours... then didnt log in for a week we did this for like 3months.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Hmm, having something that I worked for is a source of pride for me even if someone else did not have to work (or at least not as hard) for it.

If I worked my tail off at after school/weekend jobs to be able to buy a car as a teen, it wouldn't reduce my pride in the vehicle when a freind whose parents owned the dealership got his for free.

And yet, if a person who actually built the car bought it they might feel even prouder then you do!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Good luck with that rift's mechanics and instances are so bugged as well and easy to boot. the real hard thing to do is get a guild to have 20 people on line at hte same time to do the raid... We cleared all the storm legion instances in 1 night in about 3 hours... then didnt log in for a week we did this for like 3months.

Leveling in Rift a couple weeks ago bored my group so much, we spent most of our time talking about logging into Neverwinter more often.
  • Options
    truxtoshirotruxtoshiro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When NW going live on the 20th are there going to be new pvp maps?
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kelanoria wrote: »
    /barbarian mode on

it s not cleverness or anything, it s cowardice ! fight the **** mobs
    YAWP !

/barbarian mode off

Holy Cats! Walt Whitman! Thank you so much for reviving my shattered confidence in the intelligence of the species.

On a vaguely related note:

The game was released too early. We can all see that. Almost everything in it is only half done and mostly broken, missing, miscoded, exploitable and just generally out of kilter.

But it won’t always be that way. If you really think the trash mobs are a deep and abiding hindrance then let the dev team know that. This really isn’t a battle between cheaters and white knights. This is what happens when you release a game that is not ready.

The dev staff will be working to toughen up, shore up and otherwise get the game into shape and you get a chance to let them know just what that shape will be. Don’t waste it on “I cheat because you suck” arguments, or “I quit because they cheat”.

Let the devs know what specifically can be done from your view to make the game a better place for players. If you think people cheat then let the devs exactly how (which the OP seems to have done). If, for some odd reason, you feel you have to cheat, let the devs know why that is. Maybe don’t use your real account to do it.

Eventually this Quasimodo will get a little closer to a swan if you help the devs understand what needs doing.

Swan is a bit strong, punchy mallard maybe.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    They are not gone, they just don't Dungeon or if they do its with RL Friends and or a Guild.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    - I don't want to jump through walls
    - I don't want to type /killme
    - I don't want to run through mobs to die at certain point or mob
    - I don't want to suicide bosses
    - I don't want to exploit broken mechanics even for my economical advantage

Yet, EVERYONE now does it

No, everyone does not cheat. Actually, most people do not cheat. There are PUGS that cheat. And they will cheat until it's coded out. F2P games will bring in the dregs of the gaming world, the slackers and the exploiters. It will also bring in all the good, decent gamers who make a kick *** community. However, most of them do not "hang out in the hallway". They join and are involved in guilds which have their own community feel, their own ethics. You can't expect that in pugland.

It sounds as if you are in desperate need to find gamers that play as you do. Seek them out... you won't be sorry you did.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lastly, I will be passing some comments made in this thread (the one's I've already cleaned) to the powers that be for further examination... aka possible in-game account bans.

Let this be a warning in the future, do not use our forums to discuss, promote specific exploits or even announce you approve of them.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.