test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a way to block foundry authors from harassing me?

porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
So I just played through a bad quest, and gave it a two-star review accordingly. About an hour later the author started sending me harassing and threatening tells. After I blocked him, he got on an alternate account and started harassing me from there. Is there a way to prevent angry authors from doing this?
Post edited by porpoisealert on

Comments

• Options
    yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Report them if they go out of their way to harass you.
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    yospeck wrote: »
    Report them if they go out of their way to harass you.

How do I issue a report? All I can find is "report spam" and that doesn't really adequately describe it.
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    Ignore player and he can he no longer can send any mail to you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ignore player and he can he no longer can send any mail to you.

Obviously. I meant more along the lines of "disabling angry authors' ability to contact me in the first place."
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't think there's any way for reviewers to "ignore all evil authors", just like there's no way for authors to "ignore all evil reviewers".

If your reviews (even 1-star ones) are honest (and even better constructive) criticisms, I don't think you'll find very many angry authors. Just ignore the rare bad apple.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's a shame when people do this, sounds like the author deserved their one star for just generally being a ****y person.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Which author is it? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's a shame when people do this, sounds like the author deserved their one star for just generally being a ****y person.

And what makes it worse is that the quest in question has over 1000 plays, so the author thinks he has the right to flame anyone who doesn't like it. I would post a screenshot but it violates forum rules. Already removed my screenshot from another thread in here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    And what makes it worse is that the quest in question has over 1000 plays, so the author thinks he has the right to flame anyone who doesn't like it. I would post a screenshot but it violates forum rules. Already removed my screenshot from another thread in here.

PM me who it is. I wanna know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously. I meant more along the lines of "disabling angry authors' ability to contact me in the first place."

Don't give any stars...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Don't give any stars...

Fair enough.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't think there's any need to name and shame publicly, the only person I think should definitely be informed is Cryptic and also their guild leader if they are guilded. Absolutely unacceptable.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't think there's any need to name and shame publicly, the only person I think should definitely be informed is Cryptic and also their guild leader if they are guilded. Absolutely unacceptable.

Yep. I sent my screenshot to Cryptic, and a few minutes ago the author's guild leader sent me a PM, so I sent him a screenshot as well.
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, you can give stars but don't leave a review. It will be anonymous. If you type anything, your name is attached.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can block accounts. That's about it, really. There's nothing inherently special about a Foundry Author's account. If someone's gonna log an alt to harrass you, they can do that whether they're a Foundry Author or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »
    Actually, you can give stars but don't leave a review. It will be anonymous. If you type anything, your name is attached.

You can do the above if you feel someone deserves one star but you are afraid your criticism is going to be ill received.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if creating a forum post about this was such a good idea. I would have just reported it and left it at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well porpoise didn't name the person, so I don't think it's that big an issue.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'll name the person. It was ellindar1. And this is the third time today someone has complained to me about him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'll name the person. It was ellindar1. And this is the third time today someone has complained to me about him.

Thank you for proving it was you. twice. Three people came just to you about it eh? Hey nyghoma, how does that sound to you? Nuff said.
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ellindar1 wrote: »
    Thank you for proving it was you. twice. Three people came just to you about it eh? Hey nyghoma, how does that sound to you? Nuff said.

I don't think nyghoma or anyone else cares what you have to say at this point. You just look crazy and obsessed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ellindar1ellindar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I don't think nyghoma or anyone else cares what you have to say at this point. You just look crazy and obsessed.

Oh don't worry, they've worked it out. Thanks. It was a bit difficult getting you to admit to the harrassment of the quest, the alts, etc. But finally got you to blow the cork today. I appreciate it :)
    Halls_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    First of all, it's spelled harassment. Second, I never admitted anything of the sort. Quit putting words in my mouth, you came on here to insult nyghoma, calling him stupid, and I simply inquired as to what your problem was. Then you proceeded to allude to things that weren't said, without offering any concrete proof or reference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, by the gods, children.

Please stop.

Have either of you got any idea the image this is setting for this part of the Forum?

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Please stop.

Have either of you got any idea the image this is setting for this part of the Forum?

All The Best

No worries. Topping General Discussion is scientifically impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Please stop.

All The Best

Please take this advice.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    . . . . . To report problem players: When in game, press H (by default, or the ?-mark on your in-game main menu) and choose GM Help, then choose Behavior and fill in the requested fields. Closing this down as there is nothing to discuss; this is a matter that needs to be dealt with through official Support Channels, not on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.