test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lvl 70 artifact main hand/offhand confirmed yippeee............

Comments

• slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It has been stated that content in the game is not designed with the thought that players must have the best gear and enchants to complete it. If one goes that route, that is their decision. I only have one character that has more than one artifact equipment, both only at blue quality, and the others that do have artifact equipment are green belts. I do just fine in any and all content thus far and doing just fine in that content lets me gradually raise in power and efficiency whilst enjoying the game regardless of what is considered "best in slot."

The better or "best" things in the game are there for who want it. They are not there for anyone who "needs" it, for no one "needs" it.

Alright, I'll bite.

1 - This is more of a question, but if it is not needed to play the game, then why even put it into the game in the first place? They're already threads after threads of people complaining that PvE content is too easy, so why add in items that make it even easier, what's the point?

2 - Whether you play it or not, how do you expect players without artifact gear to compete with those that have maxed legends in PvP? This is an issue more so with the weapon/offhand since they give additional slots to then use more enchantments than the average player, not to mention how the artifact gear in general has vastly superior stats to normal weapons/belts/neck/etc. Furthermore, a player cannot use lower levels (below max/60 rank) artifact neck/belts without losing the defence/offence slot which is replaced with a utility slot.

3 - If no one "needs" the gear, why is there a 43 page thread complaining about the lack of RP, in their perspective, in order to enhance the artifact gear? Why is it that every poll done on the topic shows that people on average, on the forum atleast, do not like the gear?

4 - If it's not needed, how does it make Cryptic any money?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the changes to refinement stones and them being easier to get. Hopefully they increase the higher level runestones/enchantments RP value a little, because that could also drop the cost of refinement stones more. even just a 25% rise on general enchants/runestones would be great.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Lets put it this way. You used to earn BiS and not have the hassle of the refining system. Now we have that system which imbalances and divides players more in a way that doesn't mean anything to level up but is extremely hassling. If they were going to outclass it then they shouldn't have had the refining system as it is or have a much better return rate. It's funny that defenders seem to need the 2x rp argument just to go "hey it works". Why try to defend something that vaguely works for a single weekend over something that works full stop... Considering the way it went, a better system would be for them to drop legendary but be harder to get. Instead they made them easy and monetised the hell out of it. It's be more acceptable if running dungeons gave decent rp returns, but there isn't any positive thing I can think of with the way they did it.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It has been stated that content in the game is not designed with the thought that players must have the best gear and enchants to complete it. If one goes that route, that is their decision. I only have one character that has more than one artifact equipment, both only at blue quality, and the others that do have artifact equipment are green belts. I do just fine in any and all content thus far and doing just fine in that content lets me gradually raise in power and efficiency whilst enjoying the game regardless of what is considered "best in slot."

The better or "best" things in the game are there for who want it. They are not there for anyone who "needs" it, for no one "needs" it.

You are correct. Having "bis" gear is not a requirement but a choice. Also refining artifacts can be done exclusively by playing the game through the use of Dragon Hoards for example, thus one can achieve a status close to bis for free if one dedicates enough time to playing (grinding) the game.

All of the above is true, nobody is forcing us, yeah? So, how long do you think can Neverwitner stay online if everyone was getting his gear as a free player? How about we all get real for a change? Just for a moment or two, yeah? Neverwinter was designed as a free-to-play game, meaning it relies on microtransactions to not only stay afloat but for profit too. This means that any and all developer decisions are made with the notion of making players pay. This should be common knowledge. So, what exactly are you moderatos trying to say here? That we can all spend our virtual time happily as free players? Because that simply isnt true. If we were all free there wouldnt be a game to spend our time in. Freaking hypocrisy everywhere! Im tired of it. When I installed this game I was aware I'll have to pay for some things. Im working full time and I cant grind all day long. Paying for the things I want is not a problem for me, as long as I get lasting value in return. How lasting is the return value right now ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personaly i got to learn that artif equip is a bad investment
    No need to use artif eq exception if all your enchamnent already r12
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I keep saying that with a good 2x event refining this offhand will be easier then bringing the old one to lv 80.
    The problem is just the idea that i have to farm again for something i already have while having to face another time the rng for bonuses
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    You are correct. Having "bis" gear is not a requirement but a choice. Also refining artifacts can be done exclusively by playing the game through the use of Dragon Hoards for example, thus one can achieve a status close to bis for free if one dedicates enough time to playing (grinding) the game.

All of the above is true, nobody is forcing us, yeah? So, how long do you think can Neverwitner stay online if everyone was getting his gear as a free player? How about we all get real for a change? Just for a moment or two, yeah? Neverwinter was designed as a free-to-play game, meaning it relies on microtransactions to not only stay afloat but for profit too. This means that any and all developer decisions are made with the notion of making players pay. This should be common knowledge. So, what exactly are you moderatos trying to say here? That we can all spend our virtual time happily as free players? Because that simply isnt true. If we were all free there wouldnt be a game to spend our time in. Freaking hypocrisy everywhere! Im tired of it. When I installed this game I was aware I'll have to pay for some things. Im working full time and I cant grind all day long. Paying for the things I want is not a problem for me, as long as I get lasting value in return. How lasting is the return value right now ?

A game can be perfectly profitable and enjoyable without needing any money to be spent. The thing is that being free2play you have to deal with being left behind in effectiveness, and being a supporter you have to deal with not so great returns... It doesn't have to be like that, and your satisfaction is going to depend on how much you can overlook that.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Welp.

/10char
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I for one don't see it as a bad thing. If change and the saying "out with the old in with the new" was really bad then the world would have problems. Yes the this is a game but it is also going to have the same exp as RL. How many people have you read in zone chat telling people to buy a new computer because they are having problems? I did just buy a new laptop and I'm not as happy with it as I was with my 7 old one but because it was cost effective to buy a new one over fixing the old one I bought one. If the game stayed the same just because you spend money on it you would be rather bored within a month. They have to change it to keep old players playing and to help new player's come to it. The bottom line is everything is about choice in life no matter if it is on a game or in RL.

And to cut people off before they say I don't understand I have 4 pieces of gear to refine. I have had to pick which ones to do. I can understand the feeling but I also like to play the game just to play it not because I have to have the big and the bad right now. I enjoy this game and it is far better then other MMO's I've played.

If you oppose sending money on the new artif eq then don't. My question to would what are you working towards in this game? If it's to be the person sitting in zone chat in WoD and putting down those with lower gs then you might have a argument. Me for one I enjoy having new content to play and new goals to work towards. All in all it is a game.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • elynthunderstormelynthunderstorm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So u buy a new computer every 3-4 month? good to know. Noone is mad that the game goes on, but the speed is the problem. We recieved our offhand in DECEMBER 2014 understood=?
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We recieved our offhand in DECEMBER 2014 understood=?

My second toon received his offhand just two days ago, but that's fine. He'll level it up using whatever drops he gets and then when Mod 6 arrives he'll decide whether he wants to aim at the new one or not.

By the time Mod 6 arrives anyone who got their offhand in December will have had it for three months. Three months is a lifetime in an MMO game.

Change is good otherwise we all go stale.
    edited February 2015
    silvertail wrote: »
    Me for one I enjoy having new content to play and new goals to work towards. All in all it is a game.

Goals are fine as long as they are achievable. Full legendaries are not achievable before they get outclassed and therefore are a waste of effort and resources. Not to mention a pita. I'm sure I would've have bothered if it didn't cost less than 10% that it currently does, and that's just from buying it because doing it any other way apart from botting would drive me insane.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No one complains about changes. Ppl complain about tha fact, that they dedicated time and money to their artefact gear, some thousands of dollars, based on a confirmation, that it will NOT become obsolete in a few month.

While still usable in PvE, in PvP it will have serious disadvantages compared to the new gear and will in fact be obsolete.

Ppl fed ca. 20 million RP to their artefact gear. Add the AD spent on passives etc. and you will have up to 50 million AD spent on one char. If they where patient and waited for double RP, 25 million. The argument, live with it or take a loss of 20-40 million AD, you had BIS gear for two month as compensation, does not roll well.

I can accept changes. Hell, I would even do tiamat again, hoping, that I wont end up with 10 AFKlers and 10k GS players, but, if they go this way, they should sweeten the bitter pill for the ppl who upgraded their lvl 60 gear, by giving them 50% of the invested RPs, if they use it to refine the new gear. This way you could either take a smaller hit or wait a few month for the next double RP weekend and cash out all of the spent RPs. You would still lose millions of AD spent on passives and feats.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no I don't buy a new computer every 3-4 months just that when you do it's already obsolete. you can never have top of the line stuff since there will always be better in 3-4 months. I was on one mmo where you HAD to spend $3,000 usd for top gear you couldn't do it in game and then in 4 months they came out with gear that you would have to spend even more rl money on. thats why I don't play that game anymore. I don't mind spending money to help my char out but having to do it is another story. On here I can if I want but I don't HAVE to.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    No one complains about changes.

Yes, they do. All the time. Sometimes I think they enjoy complaining more than gaming.
    I can accept changes.

Apparently, you can't.

And please could you point me towards these people who have allegedly spent thousands and thousands of real dollars on upgrading a couple of bits of imaginary equipment in a game. I'd like to offer them a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase tickets for Elvis's comeback gig.

BTW, no-one promised artifact gear would remain BIS. Really. They never promised that.
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Yes, they do. All the time. Sometimes I think they enjoy complaining more than gaming.

Apparently, you can't.

And please could you point me towards these people who have allegedly spent thousands and thousands of real dollars on upgrading a couple of bits of imaginary equipment in a game. I'd like to offer them a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase tickets for Elvis's comeback gig.

BTW, no-one promised artifact gear would remain BIS. Really. They never promised that.

As one of the complainers, I don't do it because I enjoy it. I'd say that before this game, and some rubbish browser game before (the studio got laid off after all), my complaining is pretty limited. If something is unreasonable or I seem it an issue, I will state so though. I mean really, you can't pretend that this hasn't been poorly implemented. It only makes sense that if you make something obsolete/inferior, that you can at least realistically get/max it out and get use out of it. Personally I've been spending many active hours a day recently on levelling a profession in another game so I'm not totally against having to grind. It depends on how the grind is implemented and whether it's worth it. It's good to feel like you're actually making progress though.

All I want really is to be happy and enjoy myself.
    edited February 2015
    henry404 wrote: »

Apparently, you can't.

You missinterpreted or misread most of the posts. Its not the changes ppl complain, but the fact, that the gear got, at last in PvP, obsolete. Yes, I know, that this is a PvE oriented game, but tbh, you dont need artefact gear at all for PvE, if you are a half decent player with a similar party. So for every PvP player the gear got obsolete, while they promised, that it wont happen.

I know one guy who spent more than 1000 € for his gear, some up to this sum, one guy posted in this thread, that he dropped more than 1000 $ for his gear and I am quite sure, that there are more of them. While I play since beta and had the chance, to build up a decent equip over time, they have spent money to get their gear and a fighting chance in PvP.
    edited February 2015
    You missinterpreted or misread most of the posts. Its not the changes ppl complain, but the fact, that the gear got, at last in PvP, obsolete. Yes, I know, that this is a PvE oriented game, but tbh, you dont need artefact gear at all for PvE, if you are a half decent player with a similar party. So for every PvP player the gear got obsolete, while they promised, that it wont happen.

I know one guy who spent more than 1000 € for his gear, some up to this sum, one guy posted in this thread, that he dropped more than 1000 $ for his gear and I am quite sure, that there are more of them. While I play since beta and had the chance, to build up a decent equip over time, they have spent money to get their gear and a fighting chance in PvP.

And before someone comes and calls the paying players stupid or something let me remind you that they keep this game online for everyone. Do keep that in mind. A free player contributes only by adding his name to the number when active population is being counted.
  • kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    is that possible that there will be just a new set added so we wil have:

- dragon artifac weapon/off hand level 60 (upgradable to 70)
    - elemental artifact weapon/ off hand level 70

so we will have diversification but not forced to grind that much again?

On preview weapons have their stats upgraded, but the off hand no.. i assume that once the off hand also get the stat upgrade will look exactly the same as the new one.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    And before someone comes and calls the paying players stupid or something let me remind you that they keep this game online for everyone. Do keep that in mind. A free player contributes only by adding his name to the number when active population is being counted.
    Active polulation keeps the game alive. If the free players leave, the game will became deserted and eventually paying players will get bored and leave too.
    So yes paying players should treat that money as entertainment budget, like going out to dinner. Eventually you'll get hungry again, no matter how delicious your steak was.
    edited February 2015
    kss1985 wrote: »
    is that possible that there will be just a new set added so we wil have:

- elemental artifact weapon/ off hand level 70

so we will have diversification but not forced to grind that much again?

On preview weapons have their stats upgraded, but the off hand no.. i assume that once the off hand also get the stat upgrade will look exactly the same as the new one.

So far, from what we know, we can tell the new set has the same Stats on it only higher. So much for adding variety. Its an obvious upgrade, remains to be seen how will the transition, dragon->elemental, be handled.
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kss1985 wrote: »

This is what I am hoping for ,otherwise they might as well just remove the lvl 60 artifact gear from the game because once module 6 comes out who is going to waste time and RP buying and upgrading lvl 60 artifact gear just to have to replace it a few days later when they hit lvl 70 .

Hopefully there will be some consumable we can buy that upgrades the lvl 60 artifact stuff to lvl 70 , afterall it isn't like an instant upgrade to BiS since we will still need to refine the artifact gear up to the new item level caps.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ppl fed ca. 20 million RP to their artefact gear. Add the AD spent on passives etc. and you will have up to 50 million AD spent on one char.

If you spent 30 million AD on Cubes of Augmentation, then that is your own fault. That is stupidly high.
    edited February 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    If you spent 30 million AD on Cubes of Augmentation, then that is your own fault. That is stupidly high.

Tell me, where you can get RP for AD 1:1 plz. Otherwise it will be RP for 40-45 million AD + class bonus+ passive. With one of my chars I had to unlock all bonuses before I got the one I wanted. Worst case, up to 50 million AD in total.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I feel exhausted and a little sick to my stomach.

Depending what the new main hands are like and how they're earned, the individual at-will-buffing might still be a solid choice. I just got a weapon I was happy with on the 11th out of 12 characters I've been keeping playably geared.... I have a purple off-hand on 1 and a green one on 5 others. I was getting ready to buy the 7th but now I guess I won't.

It's not really about the invested RP, but the fact that I just can't do this, can't put in that kind of grind all over again, only to do it over again and then probably over again. I never want to see Tiamat again as it is.

I know refinement (and the Linu's needed for boons) has pushed a lot of other people into having a single main and not bothering trying to advance more characters anymore as anything other than financial supporters of the main. But I've been holding out and working on more than one, because I don't like playing the same thing all the time. I didn't mind not being BiS as long as I felt like the gang was doing ok. I can totally live with being behind the curve.

It wouldn't be so bad if Elminster's weekly gave one Linu. Just one a week, but without having to turn in hundreds of coffers or thousands of coins, or head into Tiamat and hope it won't suck. One per week, as a long-range plan, to get all your ducks in a row in time, no matter what else gets added to the game to suck up all your time, and when Tiamat truly becomes impossible because everyone else moved on, and it wasn't actually ever fun anyway.

I know I'm MMO-naive and shouldn't be shocked by gear with planned obsolescence (or if we insist, not obsolete but still outclassed). But with the concept of gear that improves with you, I don't know where it fits in that it should be replaced. It seems like the idea is for it to be bonded to your character and lovingly improved over time.

I can understand new gear drops being better than the old, with every module that comes out. Something new to play and something new to work towards... yay, that actually sounds like fun, right?

But refinement and planned replacement... those aren't compatible. Not just the RP loss, but the time. Time to obtain refining items, and time to actually refine. Double RP might be something that's been hinted at as a regularly recurring event to help us all to cope with the staggering RP costs that are thrown at us, but then you've got to have your needed items in time to take advantage, and I think most of us have shared anecdotes of how physically punishing attempting to take advantage of the limited time event can be. And the RP loss from putting one piece of artifact gear into another, the bank account metaphor does seem apt: "This is your new account, and it totally has better features than the old one, but you're incurring *at least* a 20% loss of your savings from the transfer, because that's how we designed it. Sucks to be you."

Edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot to say when I started this post, that I have a sneaking suspicion that the new weapons will actually include a random buff for any at-will, and you can unlock them all by using cubes of augmentation and switch between them for a fee. Taking bets at the window.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People need to get over it. Sure items may no longer be BIS but who really expected them to be. People complain left and right that the original armors released were still the best in slot armors for some classes. People need to make up their mind, do they want new better items, or more items released that are not as good as what they have? Games that do not release new content and new items to upgrade their characters die. Stuff cannot be BIS forever or really even a full year. No one wants a dead game where everyone has BIS everything.

To address the people that pay vs the people that are fee, I have spent money on this game. I have bought mounts, new character slots and respecs. I do not buy Zen to sell or buy lots of rp or any of that. None of the actual gear has been bought with real money. I have 1 character with legendary wep, offhand, belt, and 3 artifacts. Only the neck is still at purple. Another alt has legendary wep and 3 artifacts. When people who play completely for free (on gear) are able to start maxing out its time for new content. That is what they are doing. People that paid have the advantage of having the gear for a few months at BIS while others are gearing up, they do not have to grind. That time is gone. If they want to do it again they are free to either play and earn it, or pay to get it. The problem is not that they are releasing new content and new BIS items, the problem is what it costs in real money to upgrade those items. People need to address that issue instead of trying to slow down the development of the game.

People are also so worried about all the "wasted RP" even though they have used the items for a couple months. I would sure love to go to the car dealership when they release new models and say "May car was the newest that was out when I got it, you just released a new one and I want full trade in value for what I paid." I think I would get a few laughs out of that.

Also gaining max level on artifacts/artifact equipment will not be quite as hard as people are thinking. Even if the RP cost is about double what it was from 1-max in the new mod vs 1-max now, you also have to factor in that the RP drops are going to be about 4x as much, which means it will be twice as fast in the end. Stuff like rank 4s (common drop) gave 270 rp, rank 5s are the new common at 1080 rp. If we still had to refine stuff up with rank 3s, 4s, pearls etc then there would be a reason for concern.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You talk about artifact equipment... then you talk about RP that doesnt even work for arti equip... sometimes I wonder...

Then in part 3, you talk like we have our stuff at epics already.... IDK MAN IDK MAN...
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You talk about artifact equipment... then you talk about RP that doesnt even work for arti equip... sometimes I wonder...

Then in part 3, you talk like we have our stuff at epics already.... IDK MAN IDK MAN...

Ok then lesser resonance stones (2500 rp) are common place instead of minor resonance (500 rp). There its 5x more rp than current instead of just 4x if that makes it better.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ill believe when I see it come MoD6.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas