test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buy 2 win PvP is a joke.

deephorizon111deephorizon111 Member Posts: 103
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Seriously, I can understand competition but no what I am talking about is people who spent real money for the bonus AD or Zen items, dominating PvP with Top Tier Gear.

There seems to be no balance in match making with people that have the T2 gear, epic shirt and pants, with Rank 7 runes, with "Greater" enchant on weapons, and armor enchants.

There's skill and then there's gear. No "free to play" or "non-spending" person is going to win at all against a top geared player. We have the coins that "gives a chance" per week to get that very same rune and enchant. However you are talking about months of farming versus those that "payed" for it in a few weeks. By then, who would want to bother to play?

It also wouldn't be so bad if Zen prices were reasonable but it isn't. The bonus zen offered was a joke(scam) if you just bought the zen from the PW website.

Don't get me wrong, I love PvP, but when you base a game on gear mixed with a "free to play" MMO. There is going to be a distinct line between the two unless something is change.
Post edited by deephorizon111 on

Comments

• pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Seriously, I can understand competition but no what I am talking about is people who spent real money for the bonus AD or Zen items, dominating PvP with Top Tier Gear.

There seems to be no balance in match making with people that have the T2 gear, epic shirt and pants, with Rank 7 runes, with "Greater" enchant on weapons, and armor enchants.

There's skill and then there's gear. No "free to play" or "non-spending" person is going to win at all against a top geared player. We have the coins that "gives a chance" per week to get that very same rune and enchant. However you are talking about months of farming versus those that "payed" for it in a few weeks. By then, who would want to bother to play?

It also wouldn't be so bad if Zen prices were reasonable but it isn't. The bonus zen offered was a joke(scam) if you just bought the zen from the PW website.

Don't get me wrong, I love PvP, but when you base a game on gear mixed with a "free to play" MMO. There is going to be a distinct line between the two unless something is change.

Don't forget those 110% mounts!

Though to be honest, I don't know where else you would use them at level 60. ;)
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I haven't spent a dime on this game and I have everything you're complaining about zzz.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • deephorizon111deephorizon111 Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I haven't spent a dime on this game and I have everything you're complaining about zzz.

Was that before or after the AD duplication AH exploit? I would believe you but since you only have a 1% chance to upgrade the weapon enchants. You need a ward. Same goes for the Armor enchant. You could possibly get away with Rune 7 but that would take a long time, unless you farmed runes before chest exploit was fixed.

Honestly. I dont believe you didn't spend a dime without doing something that breaks the rules.

Edit: Ofcourse I forgot to mention the "Item Stacking" glitch was recently fixed.
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    Don't forget those 110% mounts!

Though to be honest, I don't know where else you would use them at level 60. ;)

This is not a real issue, if you got a good random PvP team that knows how to hold nodes or an actual team dedicated to PvP.

The only thing annoying about them is when a player is able to get out of combat and remount to run away to get to the "Potion" node to get back to full health but other than that, you could have a 300% mount, it wouldn't make a difference.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand how you think people who spent some real $ don't get owned? I bought the $200 founders pack, and I can assure you I get annihilated, 1v1, by players with worse gear and even at times same class as me + worse gear. Not to mention the times I get beat down and get 1 or 2 kills because my 5 man group is getting owned by our opponents because they know how to work together.

Skill > gear.
    Group skill > all.
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Was that before or after the AD duplication AH exploit? I would believe you but since you only have a 1% chance to upgrade the weapon enchants. You need a ward. Same goes for the Armor enchant. You could possibly get away with Rune 7 but that would take a long time, unless you farmed runes before chest exploit was fixed.

Honestly. I dont believe you didn't spend a dime without doing something that breaks the rules.

Edit: Ofcourse I forgot to mention the "Item Stacking" glitch was recently fixed.

As one of the first 60s I sold PvP weapons for 600k each before anyone caught on to how easily obtainable they are. Got full T2 from drops. Continued T2s and sold extra loot for 500k-1mil. Making AD is really easy and all it takes is knowing what sells, when, and how to get it.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As one of the first 60s I sold PvP weapons for 600k each before anyone caught on to how easily obtainable they are. Got full T2 from drops. Continued T2s and sold extra loot for 500k-1mil. Making AD is really easy and all it takes is knowing what sells, when, and how to get it.

Listen to this guy. He knows what hes talking about.
    INB4, INB4
    edited June 2013
    All I hear, is people got millions of AD due to people spending real money who had millions to spend on. In other words "which you admitted" you got lucky, that however doesn't fix the major advantage of Weapon and Armor Enchants, and Rank 7 rune enchants. It makes your argument, invalid.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Listen to this guy. He knows what hes talking about.

What does he know, exactly?

I mean, you can't sell PvP weapons for 600K now, so what relevance does it have?
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same...

but then
    *insert

Apparently it is a complete impossibility for people to have spent the time and farmed dungeons/delves to get the gear they want, whether it be from the dungeon itself or selling the items they get. Also crafting, there's no way you can make astral diamonds off that. Oh and perhaps getting lucky with nightmare chests has no relevance either in providing any profit.

Moral of the story is, if you have good gear you either paid or cheated. The fact that you have good gear and the others don't means you shouldn't get to play with others.

Honestly the only entertainment I get from roflstomping kids with the gear gap is these posts I get to read. Your tears taste of salty anger, frustration, and jealousy.... mmmm McQQ sammiches on the value menu! 'MURIKA #1 :rolleyes:
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Honestly the only entertainment I get from roflstomping kids with the gear gap is these posts I get to read. Your tears taste of salty anger, frustration, and jealousy.... mmmm McQQ sammiches on the value menu! 'MURIKA #1 :rolleyes:

So... in other words, you're saying that, because of that gap, you're happy but you assuming which, usually your kind speaks for all, are... is enjoying the "easy mode" due to the mechanics of the game and there for admitting being a "Poor Sport". Got cha.

Edit: Now the question is... would you be singing the same tune, if enchants, runes, and gear wasn't an issue. Who would be the better player then.
    edited June 2013
    So... in other words, you're saying that, because of that gap, you're happy but you assuming which, usually your kind speaks for all, are... is enjoying the "easy mode" due to the mechanics of the game and there for admitting being a "Poor Sport". Got cha.

Edit: Now the question is... would you be singing the same tune, if enchants, runes, and gear wasn't an issue. Who would be the better player then.

Lol did you even read what you wrote? It's a 6th grade grammar teacher's worst nightmare. I've read it three times and "think" I have the gist of it. If you bothered to comprehend what I wrote, you would understand that I said the only enjoyment I get from roflstomping you kids is these posts that I get to read that incorporate your tears.

You see that means I don't actually find any enjoyment in the actual process or " easy mode mechanics" of roflstomping but that these posts that are produced from said process provide a bit of enjoyment.

As for your question of what would happen if all the enchants, runes, and gear weren't an issue. I would make the presumption that you would be in the same boat but with smaller sails to QQ about. While it is possible to pay to gear your character, I find it common place that the better players are able to find ways and actually gear their toon. Not come to the forums and QQ about it. Thank you for the QQ to keep me entertained though. :cool:
  • mervizesmervizes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Да оружие РвР упало в цене. : P
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    If you bothered to comprehend what I wrote, you would understand that I said the only enjoyment I get from roflstomping you kids is these posts that I get to read that incorporate your tears.

You see that means I don't actually find any enjoyment in the actual process or " easy mode mechanics" of roflstomping but that these posts that are produced from said process provide a bit of enjoyment.

As for your question of what would happen if all the enchants, runes, and gear weren't an issue. I would make the presumption that you would be in the same boat but with smaller sails to QQ about. While it is possible to pay to gear your character, I find it common place that the better players are able to find ways and actually gear their toon. Not come to the forums and QQ about it. Thank you for the QQ to keep me entertained though. :cool:

Honestly, I don't think you understand what the issue is. I will make it in simple grammar.

It takes months for a non paying player to get the wards to get the final tier enchants and runes compare to a zen paying player who has the best gear and enchants, in 3 weeks or less.

I also love how you can misdirect your argument but then later on go about hinting you "do" enjoy being over-geared because you contradicted yourself by saying you enjoy reading QQ post.

This is how people see you, you "payed for zen" or got "lucky" in the AD confusion on AH, you now have all the top gear, weapon and armor enchants, and runes there for this allows you to "Rolfstomp" because no one can size you up.

So in other words, you are not challenging yourself, there for you have no competition, and you are basically not PvPing. Do you understand now or... are we going to play "coy" and lie about cheating?

Edit: I find your redirect of words of you accusing me about QQing about "Class Balance" when... there can be no class balance unless there is a gear balance first between paying customers and non paying customers.
    edited June 2013
    I was generally speaking. The fact that the guy has probably the most followed and reproduced GF guide around also says something. Rank 5 enchants are cheap and the pvp gear is easy to get. Lvl 60 base t1 is basically handed to you. Stop your nonsense.
    INB4, INB4
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    I was generally speaking. The fact that the guy has probably the most followed and reproduced GF guide around also says something. Rank 5 enchants are cheap and the pvp gear is easy to get. Lvl 60 base t1 is basically handed to you. Stop your nonsense.

Generally speaking, T2 weapons and armor offer more than the PvP Vender. I also have not seen any notes about making PvP gear to match the new Equipment coming out in June 20th, thus making PvP Vender even more useless.

Also as a reminder the argument is the imbalance there is in PvP now due to Zen Paying Customers and when June 20th comes out with their new PvP zone; how is anyone going to have a fair fight.

Also to correct you I am talking about Weapon and Armor Enchants. Runes are the socket-ed gems. I didn't say it was impossible to get Rank 7 runes but it would take a bit longer for a non paying player. Weapon and Armor Enchants are a whole different mechanic.

Please make sure you read the topic of the problem before you post. Thank you.
    edited June 2013
    Generally speaking, T2 weapons and armor offer more than the PvP Vender. I also have not seen any notes about making PvP gear to match the new Equipment coming out in June 20th, thus making PvP Vender even more useless.

Also as a reminder the argument is the imbalance there is in PvP now due to Zen Paying Customers and when June 20th comes out with their new PvP zone; how is anyone going to have a fair fight.

Also to correct you I am talking about Weapon and Armor Enchants. Runes are the socket-ed gems. I didn't say it was impossible to get Rank 7 runes but it would take a bit longer for a non paying player. Weapon and Armor Enchants are a whole different mechanic.

The passive aggressive thing is kinda tired. Plaguefire and lesser soulforged are not that expensive. None of my pvp characters use greater anything and they all regularly top charts. Please get more pvp experience before you post. Thank you.
    INB4, INB4
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It doesnt take months... it involves PvE and run a bunch of T2s and several CNs with a guild... and voila! youre full geared... that takes a week, if you do it a whole MONTH... you get enough AD to put greater tenebrous/or 7,8s enchants in each slot and greater enhacements in weapon and armor... i am starting to SERIOUSLY hate PvPers you guys are ruining this game and the game is great, if you hate losing, don't compete or at least don't whine! get a PvP based guild and learn to play as a team...

If you wanna best gear in game... get a good END GAME guild, gear full t2 in a week of grinding dungeons.

BUT PLEASE... stop the whine!
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The imbalance is bad. But to be honest in ALL games there is always an imbalance with gear.

If it's not money it's time spent that causes the imbalance.

You can get someone no life-ing the best gear and everything.
    Or you can get someone paying their way which laughably means they lack experience or practice.

What you are probably facing is someone who has no lifed the best gear and also payed a lot into the game.

And to be honest I've not spent anything either and I barely grinded dungeons but I have done NC (CN) with a balanced group and I also do ok in pvp. (Could be due to being a rogue but..)

So I do sympathize with the argument that this can easily be a p2w game. But also at the same time, i know the enemy is either better geared or is in a premade group, so there's just no point stressing over it. It has no reflection as you as a gamer.

As for the new content, if you really want to go far in it you just have to put in some effort into the game and start researching the best ways to obtain the gear you need.

Like going to certain areas when profession hour is up, to get more loot from the nodes. (always some nice rank 4 enchants in there) then just farming them for an hour.

the enchants can be bought for 100-120k AD on the broker and you can happily farm PVP gear till you cap it, then just buy bits and sell them on the broker. I made 50k ad just from buying 6 pairs of gloves and selling them for like 8-9k on the broker. So two days of pvp is a guaranteed way of making 100k at least!

But at the moment most people are Cheesing it out by using the broken tenebrous stones.

And also this games pvp was ruined by the sudden jump in damage and gear.

But yeah for the new content coming soon, just prepare the best way you can and the best thing to do is just find some decent allies and play with them.

Prime example is when me and 2 other guildies when into a pvp match to come up against a 5 man premade sorc team. On the map with the 4 pillars.
    You would expect us to lose since we even had an afker. But no we won by playing well and working together.
    It was hellish though, seeing as it was 4 rays = death.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
    edited June 2013
    It takes months for a non paying player to get the wards to get the final tier enchants and runes compare to a zen paying player.

Wow, months? Coalescent wards cost on average 100k, 1 good piece of tier 2 gear can sell from 300-900k+ depending on the item, not to mention t3 items from castle never. How many coalescent wards can you buy with that? Greater plague fire enchantment is the one I use, so lets do the math. Lesser plague fire cost about 100k x 16 = 1.6mil +5 coalescent wards at 100k. 2.1mil for greater plague fire enchantment... If it takes you months to acquire 2.1mil, you're doing it wrong.
    I also love how you can misdirect your argument but then later on go about hinting you "do" enjoy being over-geared because you contradicted yourself by saying you enjoy reading QQ post.

Misdirect my argument? If I enjoyed the pvp I would be doing it, not here on the forums. I have not once said that current state of pvp isn't a joke. I've advocated many times in many different threads about how it is broken in its current state. The skill cap for any given class in this game is a joke. The fact that you can find a challenge anywhere in this game whether it be pvp or pve or trying to gear your toon, baffles me.
    Edit: I find your redirect of words of you accusing me about QQing about "Class Balance" when... there can be no class balance unless there is a gear balance first between paying customers and non paying customers.

First, I never "redirected my words and accused you of QQing about class balance". Not sure wtf you're smoking. You just seem like the guy that with all things being equal would find some excuse to QQ about as to why you lost. Secondly did you already forget about the plethora of people that have geared toons that haven't paid a dime? The majority of which rarely if ever play pvp anymore because there's no point.

Which takes me back to my original post that was directed towards the mentality of "If you have gear, you either paid money or cheated to get it, so if you have gear you're not allowed to play pvp because there might be others that don't have gear and would be at a disadvantage." QQ moar..
    Runes are the socket-ed gems. I didn't say it was impossible to get Rank 7 runes but it would take a bit longer for a non paying player.

Last I checked runes or runestones are for companion upgrade slots. Green preservation wards are cheap so upgrading any of the enchantments passed lvl 5 is not difficult, even for the handicapped.

Please make sure you know wtf you're talking about before you post. Thank you.
  • thexavorythexavory Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Let me sum this post up: "I want to play an MMO where I don't pay a dime and have the absolute best gear in the game without any real effort or time investment whatsoever." That about right?
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thexavory wrote: »
    Let me sum this post up: "I want to play an MMO where I don't pay a dime and have the absolute best gear in the game without any real effort or time investment whatsoever." That about right?

You're forgetting "and make the opponents who kill me get a toothache."
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013

MMORPG's essence is character progression. Removing it from PvP turns it into a separate MOBA-like game. Therefore people having different gear are usual. Also, I have full t2, ancient accs, fully chanted, I just want perfect vorpal instead of my usual one, it can be easily done if I'll just do more CN runs for AD with my guild.

You're just bad and you whine.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    This game just isn't buy to win. I've spent like $10 and I'm realistically looking at getting actual best in slot gear (enchants other than utility included) before Gauntlgrym. This game has a colossal scaling system on enchants where upgrading your enchants by just ~10% increases the cost of that individual enchant by 400%.

While this means that there is a lot of potential for people to spend literally $500 or more (I've seen it), it also means that they're getting a lot less for their money. It's not unrealistic to farm up 8m AD over a few days and buy a close to optimal gear set. If you're not willing to do this then why are you playing an MMO?
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    5/10
    Don't think PvP here is P2W, but it sure is a joke.
    Still feel it is the worst PvP I've ever seen. Can't remember ever seeing a PvP system before where player skill is next to meaningless.
    Doesn't even have a ladder/rank matching system of even the most primitive sort, for Torm's sake.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    What does he know, exactly?

I mean, you can't sell PvP weapons for 600K now, so what relevance does it have?

He is saying take advantage of early, er *opportunities* and sell these items you have obtained to people who don't know who easy they are to get ......
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013

GF's made bank from one shoting mobs due to exploit bug. Also most people that were first 60 used foundry leveling exploit, just saying. So it's not knowing what sells, its exploiting the game early so you can take advantage. If you start a new character you can't make that type of money now, so how is this advice helpful. Also running T2's involves a static group otherwise there's now reason to take a GF so you have four players carrying.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The wards line of argument is silly. A small amount of zen (500) and you get extra character slots. Roll them and pray daily. Once a week, open 5 or more enhancement boxes. 1/2 of them will have wards, 1/4 will have a blue ward. 100% free assuming you can dredge up 500 zen. That should net you 1 blue ward a week, at *least*.
  • blackwolllllfblackwolllllf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013

LOL, everyone on his shard (and even here on the foruns) knows that he got that gear in a legit way...
  • shurrik0shurrik0 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am a causal player who started playing with open beta start.
    Now i have full t2 and a full t1 i have 2 rank 7(everything else 6) and everything ancient except rings where i want special ones. I have a cat too and i bought 3 coalescent wards, dont need any more
    I am a gf, so i get no love from groups. But i always do DD event and i got enough money for my nearly perfect gear. I never spent money and not too much effort but with enoug effort i would have everything.
    I did not spend any money and ofc i didnt use any bug abuse.

So mr. Topicwriter: its not pay2win, but its play2win, think2win(market) and grind2win.