test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Available - "Pre-Patching" Upcoming Neverwinter Content

Comments

• malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    I have experienced pre-patching before in STO's LoR launch, but that was totally painless. This one isn't.

If the pre-patching is interrupted in any way it does not act the way pre-patching is supposed to, i.e. instead of zooming through data that should have already been downloaded it restarts the pre-patching from the very beginning. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having interrupted the patching a few times so I could play, the launcher now starts whenever I quit, tries to patch and crashes almost immediately :(
  • stormfiredstormfired Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    Having interrupted the patching a few times so I could play, the launcher now starts whenever I quit, tries to patch and crashes almost immediately :(

Ditto 1234
  • builted1builted1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whenever we stop the patching,the patcher is not continuing where it was stopped. We need to start patching from the beginning.
    Can u guys think about manual patch??

Regards,
  • prismblackxprismblackx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    komarr13 wrote: »
    I've tried three times. The patch starts over from the neginning each time. And no, I do not have on-demand patching disabled.

This happens to me as well. When I leave the game it re-opens the launcher and starts "patching" 1529 mb. When I close the launcher and reopen it, it doesn't try patching, it just finds the game is up to date. So minor bug or what? Should I let it patch for 3-4 hours? Or ignore it for now?
  • thetacoofdoomthetacoofdoom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yea, let it patch. because when the update is live a lot of people will try to dl at once and since this works on P2P basis DL speed on D-Day gonna be slow, while right now u can get the 3 gb patch in 1hour.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea of (once a week maintenance) where you take a few hours and work on server stability, patches that need to be downloaded and fix any known bug issues. This pre-patch seems be an everyday occurrence where I'm downloaded at least 2-3 patches before I'm able to play.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    now every time I quit the game it re-launches and tries to patch.
  • gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm? I just put a thread in bug forum, but maybe this explains why, when I exit the game ....it relaunches itself? Inquiring minds need to know:)
  • blotto3blotto3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not Working. Mines starting again from scratch every time I exit the game.
    Others can't even get into the game, plus a myriad of other varying problems.

This needs to be removed untill it is fixed.
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    deleted

Use the procedure outlined in this post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Each time I log out the pre-patch begins and then the client crashes. No error message.

Win 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
    12.0 GB Memory
    64 bit OS
    Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz
    GeForce GTX 670M
  • maicakatmaicakat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine is starting and stopping at 17k patched each time. It is not progressing at all.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't get the pre-patcher to work. I exit the game, the launcher launches again, starts to download then closes itself down.

Is there going to be an update on this problem? I have a feeling I'm not the only one experiencing this.
  • xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *Positive feedback after having problem ealier :
    Well, last time, the patch is sucks, really really slow and it cant be resume after i closed the patch
    but then, i tried again just now, and guess what.. it finished in 10 sec from 0% to 100% (In detail - 3Gb patch in 10 sec).. lol dunno how this happen but, Great ! xD
  • razzamanazrazzamanaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is no one from Cryptic coming forward and explaining what is the problem or, even better fixing it ????????????
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Guys, if the launcher that start after you exit the game, has a diff version than your current version, then you are already patched. That launcher open/closes because its set to autocheck every time.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Love the idea of pre-patching. Should save most people a lot of time on release day. I have a question. When my launcher re-launches after leaving the game I see the status area says 1589MB to patch and something happens (the numbers change as if working) for maybe a second and then it shuts down. The percent complete never changes from 0%. I would think if the patching were complete the percent would be 100%.

Can anyone explain this? I assume it's doing a check and there is nothing new to patch at this time, but the numbers don't agree.
  • magbrawn63magbrawn63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i for one am happy of the idea of a pre-launcher patch cause this will save alot of time in downloading. Great thought. Haven't seen this before. Love the changes that are coming.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Guys, if the launcher that start after you exit the game, has a diff version than your current version, then you are already patched. That launcher open/closes because its set to autocheck every time.

Oh I hope you're right! Because my launcher is now opening and then closing again almost immediately as well.

Note: It's ridiculous that a member of the community has to inform us of how this works. Surely an Admin or Moderator could have posted a few words of explanation.

Anyway, I'm now just praying that my game is patched and ready to go *fingers crossed*.
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea how to patch , I already have Neverwinter preview ,is that the patch I need or is there another that I need to download because when I close the game after playing no download begins and there's nothing on the launcher apart from the Neverwinter and neverwinter preview options.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I have solved the "pre-patch restarts from the beginning" issue, at least for me.

What had happened was that I had downloaded the Preview Shard file, but never ran it. I finally got around to running it and noticed two things:
    1. User Account Control (UAC) asked for permissions for the new gameclient.exe to make changes to the computer (which I granted).
    2. The preview client did its standard longer-than-usual-postpatch-startup, which I guess is the unpacking of files.

So I checked out a few things on the preview shard, exited, launched the live shard, exited, and let the pre-patcher start.

This time it went really quick as it essentially just copied the files from the preview folder to the live folder.

TL;DR: Did you download the preview shard, but haven't run it yet? Try running it first, then try pre-patching on live.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ohhhhh man this explains why my game was trying to patch after I had played it. lol
    It was spooking the hell out of me, I tought it could be some kind of virus.
    Maybe people should be warned on the front page.
  • hideflomeinhideflomein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having problems with the patcher that opens when you quit - it downloaded about 87% and froze, so I quit it. Next time it ran (and every time after), it downloads about 17kb and then quits. I've tried "run as admin", but it makes no difference. The version number is the older one, not the one it's attempting to download.
  • klandearlasklandearlas Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    Oh I hope you're right! Because my launcher is now opening and then closing again almost immediately as well

Diddo! Though have as yet to check my launcher version on exit game. Heres hoping otherwise the launcher isnt doing what it should.ie downloading
  • doctorfunptdoctorfunpt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I know it's unrelated, but it was the closest thread I could find and I still can't make new threads: is the Preview shard available?

The address http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview doesn't seem to work.
    Political correctness is taking common sense to insanity!
  • troublex2troublex2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having problems with the patcher that opens when you quit - it downloaded about 87% and froze, so I quit it. Next time it ran (and every time after), it downloads about 17kb and then quits. I've tried "run as admin", but it makes no difference. The version number is the older one, not the one it's attempting to download.

Ditto here!
    edited June 2013

Now I think even the patching on startup is failing, because it looks like it's trying to patch and about to download, then the launcher quickly exits and the game starts.
    edited June 2013
    Now I think even the patching on startup is failing, because it looks like it's trying to patch and about to download, then the launcher quickly exits and the game starts.

Launcher updated to latest version, but post-play patching still quits at 17kb...