test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard and PvP...

masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

i love PvP, but im very often playing vs. 3 or more Control Wizards in the other team. No class is able get close to them except the TR. GF and GWF are killed before they are close enough to the CWs. And: if i try to charge towards them, they'll port away. They can do this 4 or 5 times. They evade nearly everything while getting away from all melee fighters.

what the f***?!

5 CWs=Godlike!

5 TRs?
5 Clerics?
5 GF or GWF? pff LOL

Its annoying and stupid. Every time i see more than 2 or 3 CWs in the other team, we loose instantly and very hard if they got more CWs than my team.

The TR is very fair in comparison to the CW in PvP.
No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
ghostravyn wrote: »
If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
Post edited by masu84 on

Comments

• ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Go and have a play around on the preview shard, I'm sure that you will find that a lot of things are changing..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well the changes are not that bad but i dont think that the changes will do anything about the CWs domination in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ya they are nerfing the CW.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One thing I wonder is why do they get more dodges than the other classes. CW is safer than DC and TR as it is, why the extra safety on top of it?
    edited June 2013
    The CW needs the extra dodges because the developers thought "he cant control mobs, he need to dodge!!!"

Where is the facepalm-Smiley?

And here is the reason:
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not a level 60 yet, but at level 40, CW's are really, really squishy in PvP. With my GF I can block their ranged attacks until I'm in range to rush them then stun them so they can't dodge and at that point they might as well be pressing Shift+2. However, as I said, I haven't experienced Level 60 PvP gameplay so you may take my experiences with a jar of salt.

On the other hand, CW in PvE, **** if some of the dungeons aren't horrible if you don't get a decent one in the party.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One thing I wonder is why do they get more dodges than the other classes. CW is safer than DC and TR as it is, why the extra safety on top of it?

CWs wear cloth. That is one main reason.
    edited June 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    CWs can handle everything by their encounters. They dont need the extra dodges.

tang56 wrote: »
    I'm not a level 60 yet, but at level 40, CW's are really, really squishy in PvP. With my GF I can block their ranged attacks until I'm in range to rush them then stun them so they can't dodge and at that point they might as well be pressing Shift+2. However, as I said, I haven't experienced Level 60 PvP gameplay so you may take my experiences with a jar of salt.

On the other hand, CW in PvE, **** if some of the dungeons aren't horrible if you don't get a decent one in the party.

Get lvl 60.

Normal situation in PvP for me:

Im playing GF, i see a CW, using shield to get in charge-range. The CW is sooting me, guard meter is getting lower, but now im able to charge - CW dodges. I try do use threatening rush to get closer again, but the dodge distance is bigger than the range of threatening rush and threatening rush seems to be buggy (lags?!). So im running after him. Maybe i get close again, he dodges my bull charge. Okay im trying to get him by using frontline surge. He dodges it. Charge cooldown is over trying to charge - he dodges...

So i tried to hit the CW and he did nothing else then avoiding my attacks - successfully. Normally the CW dodges 1 attack and then he uses his control skills to kill me instantly. If his damage is to low: by dodging around he has enough time to kill me. I have NO CHANCE.

How to kill a CW as GF? Only if he doesnt know that you are coming...

And here is the reason:
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    danxbx wrote: »

tr and dc don't seem to be wearing armor either.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Becuase we have to stand still when using at wills and we wear cloth......
  • cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »

Get lvl 60.

Im playing GF, i see a CW, using shield to get in charge-range. The CW is sooting me, guard meter is getting lower, but now im able to charge - CW dodges. I try do use threatening rush to get closer again, but the dodge distance is bigger than the range of threatening rush and threatening rush seems to be buggy (lags?!). So im running after him. Maybe i get close again, he dodges my bull charge. Okay im trying to get him by using frontline surge. He dodges it. Charge cooldown is over trying to charge - he dodges...

So i tried to hit the CW and he did nothing else then avoiding my attacks - successfully. Normally the CW dodges 1 attack and then he uses his control skills to kill me instantly. If his damage is to low: by dodging around he has enough time to kill me. I have NO CHANCE.

they get 3 dodges.... you open up with rush he dodges, if you are moving forward right after you rush because you KNOW they will dodge you will be in range to rush again he dodges, repeat one last time for the last dodge. Rush again now ur in melee range he has no dodges...front line, bull rush, lunging= dead.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Get lvl 60.

The thing is why should you be able to get the CW he is a ranged controller and you are a plate wearing tank. Your job is to make it hard to cap a point and protect others. Why should you be able to beat them. This is why the CW are getting nerfed becuase every class expects to be able to beat another class 1v1. You knew you were rolling a tank not a dps class.
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    they get 3 dodges.... you open up with rush he dodges, if you are moving forward right after you rush because you KNOW they will dodge you will be in range to rush again he dodges, repeat one last time for the last dodge. Rush again now ur in melee range he has no dodges...front line, bull rush, lunging= dead.

Yep i have seen multiple tanks and gwf steamroll teams of CWs they lock u down and can one shot you.

Class nerfed to cater to the LCD. Sad really.
  • emkayseeemkaysee Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The fact that you think CW's get 4-5 dodges is enough to lead me to believe you know very little about PvP or are just trolling.

Let me put it into perspective, as to why CW's get 3 dodges out right as well as why we need them.

GF are able to block most CC. If you're a good GF, you'll recognize the animations for these common skills and/or be prepared to block them. On top of that, once close, if a CW fails to dodge just one of a GF's cc, they're dead (assuming the GF is good, and believe me, I've fought a couple terror GF's.).

TR also have an ability that negates CC apparently or at the very least dodges them, on top of their 2 shifts.

DC's also get 2 shifts and are naturally tankier due mitigation's and heals.

As for GWF, I'm pretty sure they are able to run (roughly) the same distance as a CW while also being able to keep you prone. On top of that, they also have a skill that allows them to ignore CC.

3 of 5 classes have abilities that let them ignore CC completely, while 1 has sustain through heals and mitigation. CW gets no mitigation outside of shield (which is not very good in PvP imo or at the very least, extremely situational), no CC ignoring skills and, afaik, has the lowest base defense and health of all 5 classes. A CW's CC durations are actually rather low, when compared to the prone/silences of GF/GWF and TR's, with the only 2 exceptions being a single target used Ice Ray (which roots for somewhere around 2-3 seconds) and a 5 arcane stacked/tabbed Entangling Force.

But I'm willing to believe you're just a troll or just bad at PvP, since you seem to think CW's get 4-5 dodges.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree 2 CWs are required to win a PVP match and if you have 3 or 4 you are guaranteed a win. How do I know this? I play an OP CW!
  • jblizzyjblizzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tr and dc don't seem to be wearing armor either.

TR wear leather and DC wear same armor as a GWF.

TR and DC also have dodges.

TR can stealth, DC can heal, GWF can ignore cc and sprint, GF can block everything.

All classes have something going for them.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    My GF mate is capable of doing 16k crits on his own. With my debuffs it's ~30k per charge.

If you can't kill anyone having such damage and good amount of knockdowns - you just need to learn to play. I won't argue that killing a GF is possible with a CW, but if you'll catch one single charge - you're dead. He'll 2-shot you.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well the changes are not that bad but i dont think that the changes will do anything about the CWs domination in PvP!

The CW kills quickly because of Enfeebling Ray, and that is getting nerfed. A GF or GWF should never get killed by a CW even now, though.

And five of anything is deadly or unkillable.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited June 2013
    emkaysee wrote: »
    The fact that you think CW's get 4-5 dodges is enough to lead me to believe you know very little about PvP or are just trolling.
    Lunging Strike -> Dodge 1
    Threatening rush to get closer for Bull Charge. Bull charge -> Dodge 2.
    Threatening rush to get closer for Frontline Surge. Frontline surge -> Dodge 3.

The fourth dodge will be ready very soon. My encounters not. Before lunging strike is ready again, the fourth charge will be available.

Now the CWs got control skills (well, i think you didnt expect this X_X). Even if they cant oneshot me, they get enough time so that they are able to dodge again.

This way 4-5 dodges of a CW during a 1on1 situation are NORMAL.
    Let me put it into perspective, as to why CW's get 3 dodges out right as well as why we need them.

GF are able to block most CC.
    most CC? well thats the main problem.
    If you're a good GF, you'll recognize the animations for these common skills and/or be prepared to block them. On top of that, once close, if a CW fails to dodge just one of a GF's cc, they're dead (assuming the GF is good, and believe me, I've fought a couple terror GF's.).
    3 Attacks Lunging Strike, Bull Charge and Frontline Surge. These three Attacks are not able to oneshot a CW in case that the CW and the GF are equipped similar.

But I'm willing to believe you're just a troll or just bad at PvP, since you seem to think CW's get 4-5 dodges.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

And here is the reason:
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe you don't have much experience with other classes. A GF ruins a CW 99% of the time. Unless the CW has a perfect soulforge on a decent GF can 3 shot them without ever being hit. I have a GF and getting to a CW isn't hard. Then just time block there chill strike random missle. Lunge. bull rush knock down. front line surge re knock down and dead. if there running you have a gap closer with no CD and lunge is on a 6sec CD. So I don't see a problem.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Get lvl 60.

Curse him in zone chat , I've seen this strat get over 9k kills per game . Try it :D
  • canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    Even for a TR... if u cant kill them at first few strikes...

u will have to run or risk getting killed..

most IMBA class in neverwinter if u ask me...

next would be gf... their stun lock is irritating as hell...
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    canishelix wrote: »
    Even for a TR... if u cant kill them at first few strikes...

u will have to run or risk getting killed..

most IMBA class in neverwinter if u ask me...

next would be gf... their stun lock is irritating as hell...
    I'd prefer GF wasn't nerfed because they're good in PvP since the impact in PvE is likely to be much larger. GF are...lackluster in PvE, although I've not tried them with the coming patch on the test server.

PvP and PvE should be balanced separately.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Lunging Strike -> Dodge 1
    Threatening rush to get closer for Bull Charge. Bull charge -> Dodge 2.
    Threatening rush to get closer for Frontline Surge. Frontline surge -> Dodge 3.

The fourth dodge will be ready very soon. My encounters not. Before lunging strike is ready again, the fourth charge will be available.

Now the CWs got control skills (well, i think you didnt expect this X_X). Even if they cant oneshot me, they get enough time so that they are able to dodge again.

This way 4-5 dodges of a CW during a 1on1 situation are NORMAL.

most CC? well thats the main problem.

3 Attacks Lunging Strike, Bull Charge and Frontline Surge. These three Attacks are not able to oneshot a CW in case that the CW and the GF are equipped similar.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

Hey I can do it too!

Conduit of Ice - Block
    Ray of Enfeeblement - Block
    Entangling Force - Block
    Chill strike - Block

O my god GF still has his charges ready, and I'm totally out of CC! What do?
    edited June 2013
    dethcord wrote: »
    Hey I can do it too!

Conduit of Ice - Block
    Ray of Enfeeblement - Block
    Entangling Force - Block
    Chill strike - Block

O my god GF still has his charges ready, and I'm totally out of CC! What do?
    Retreat and hope the GF cares more about capping the point or your team rogue helps you out.
  • dskiperdskiper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You know, even after CW get a nerf it won't make you a better player. Meaning you still will be killed by a CW that knows how to play his class.
  • aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One more time.
    Which of the two words of "CONTROL Wizard" is unclear to you people?
    This is the equivalent of whining that a DPS class does more damage than a non-DPS class.
  • vashwixvashwix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi, i'm a *random melee class* and i whine cause a ranged class can hit me from the distance.

Please Cryptic nerf all ranged class so they must fight in melee.

Thanks, bye.
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    aevlom wrote: »
    One more time.
    Which of the two words of "CONTROL Wizard" is unclear to you people?
    This is the equivalent of whining that a DPS class does more damage than a non-DPS class.

Now you see, that just makes you look ignorant. Control is the keyword, but then how come CWs can be an optimal dps choice aswell? And how come they deal massive damage in PvP while still retaining most of their CC?

I would expect a class labeled as a controller to deal OK damage while doing wonderful CC, I dont except the class to have wonderful CC and the ability to take their enemy from 100-0% during that CC.

Just compare Icy Dagger with Shocking Execution. On has no prerequirement to be good but the other gets better the lower the health of the enemy it is. Still the one without a prerequirement sits on the CC class... hmm. Shouldnt it be the otherway around?

Right now the CW is a bit over the top. The other classes are mostly fine or in need of a buff, but CW could use a slight nerf. We'll just have to wait and see if they get balanced in the patch on the 20th.
  • poutrellepoutrelle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW damages are actually lower than other classes (except DC of course). Any tank, GWF, or TR do higher damages. Sometimes FAR higher. their one very powerfull skill is a daily skill. The one reason why their damages looks finally high is that they are ranged and so may makes continuous damages. But once thay're close, any other CC are far higher. Most of CC, including tanks, may 2 shot or 3 shot a CW (that's the reason why they got control and dodge).

When I see, in PVP, how lot of peoples play: "I chase CW like a ***** even if it takes 2 min", "I run alone in the middle of ennemies, why am I dead ? NERF", "there are 3 CW together, let me kill them all" etc... I'm not really surprised.
This discussion has been closed.