Comments

• zsprawlzsprawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

Roll need on an item it binds on pickup

Roll greed item its bind on equip.

Purple items sell value 1 copper. That way ninjas wont take to sell.

People who have the item equiped roll need all the time. You call them out about it and they say its for a friend blah blah blah.

I am sick of going on runs and people ninjaing. It happened 4 times today to me in groups.

The worst thing they think its funny.

If you want this to happen +1 it.

i like this idea!
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    This game is designed around a p2w so needing is fair play.
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game is designed around a p2w so needing is fair play.

And where, kind sir, is the p2w you are talking about?
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is working as intended. More loot into AH, more AD needed to buy, more Zen sold. I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. This game is designed so that PWE makes as much money as possible. You think Bind on Equip on everything was an accident?

False, it tends to be the opposite.
    Less loot into AH = More AD needed to buy.

The amount of players who would really want the item isn't going to increase or decrease just because there be more or less of the items available.
    But the price per item will decrease drastically if there's a ton of it available.

Me suggest you open up the AH and check it out for yourself.
    ('-')

Still, I like the OP's suggestion.
    I've had players who I've immediately ignore listed because they flat out stated they "needed" a non class item to sell it so that they can buy their own gear when me was right there literally able and wanting to use the piece of gear on the spot. (Also they tend to be the players who play terribly.)
    Derp.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • oddaconoddacon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Intedesting!
    "Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why do we have even this thread. Just need on everything you can need on. If everyone is a ninja...no one is. Problem solved!
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If an Item binds on pick up then you wont be able to sell it on ah, so no bind on pick up will not happen.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    agenteusa wrote: »
    @OP

I'll tell you something even if you make a need roll on a purple worth 1 copper, if the people you mention are ninjas indeed they will still roll for it just to make you nerdrage.

The need and greed system has never worked good in any mmo I played (that I can't remember) and I played quite a "few".

When the problem is people there is no system you can put in place that will ever work 100% , not even close to it.

So like suggested here if you want it not to happen just go with friends.

I would rather have them focus on the party leader "has all permissions" problem. You just go into a dungeon and they kick you if they don't want you without going through any kind of voting. That is way worse than the loot rolls.

Seriously man. Do you even think before you write. The current system is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the system I posted is much better. Yes it can be exploited by the troll. But they are few and far between.

Just run with friends you say. very helpful thank you that's great +1 for putting your mind to the problem.
  • dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

Roll need on an item it binds on pickup

Roll greed item its bind on equip.

Purple items sell value 1 copper. That way ninjas wont take to sell.

People who have the item equiped roll need all the time. You call them out about it and they say its for a friend blah blah blah.

I am sick of going on runs and people ninjaing. It happened 4 times today to me in groups.

The worst thing they think its funny.

If you want this to happen +1 it.

None of this will stop ninja looting. All of these things are in other games and it still goes on.

This is why I no longer care about "stuff" in mmos. I enjoy the game to level cap...then I'm out and on to another game.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just change the loot rule to "Leader Decides " and if you're the leader just give the drop to whoever you like , oh wait then you can just ninja everything yourself . Scratch that :D
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    False, it tends to be the opposite.
    Less loot into AH = More AD needed to buy.

The amount of players who would really want the item isn't going to increase or decrease just because there be more or less of the items available.
    But the price per item will decrease drastically if there's a ton of it available.

Me suggest you open up the AH and check it out for yourself.
    ('-')

Still, I like the OP's suggestion.
    I've had players who I've immediately ignore listed because they flat out stated they "needed" a non class item to sell it so that they can buy their own gear when me was right there literally able and wanting to use the piece of gear on the spot. (Also they tend to be the players who play terribly.)
    Derp.

So you're saying that Timeless set pieces are like 50k each ? Well not really , get your facts straight .
  • namenotpickedyetnamenotpickedyet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    the main thing that bothers me about this "need" thing is having a DC in your group who clicks need on everything that drops daring you to kick the only cleric
  • bolcien1bolcien1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't normaly feed the trolls but when I do. I give'em facts.

June 20th, the ninja looter will be stopped by the need button being greyed out if their class can't use it. (although I do admit that same class ninja'ing won't be stopped but no solution is perfect.)