test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice boss design

visceraxiusvisceraxius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Got to give it to the Devs, your bosses are amazing, every fight I mean, I just love kiting adds in a big circle while the tank does nothing and 2 wizards and a rogue hit it. Love simply relying on pots man, totally awesome game design. I also think it's just so awesome their is none of those stupid puzzles or strategies for each boss and each instance, really love that unique style of play where everything is a perpetual gear check, gotta love that system...yeah, really clever of you guys to come up with that my hat goes off to you.

Say what is your guys favourite boss? Is it the one with the pirate hat? You know the one where you glitch the end and kite the mobs and hit the boss? Or is it the ice giant, you know the one! You kite the mobs and you hit the boss...well there is a lot to choose from, the devs did a really good job on saving money by changing the palette on the same instance, really gotta say well done!
Post edited by visceraxius on

Comments

• yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I can't let this gem of a post drop off the front page without a reply. I lol'd.
  • gvstonedgvstoned Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My favorite boss is the one that spawns a gazillion adds and has no further strategy.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gvstoned wrote: »
    My favorite boss is the one that spawns a gazillion adds and has no further strategy.

O me too, I mean the other bosses are so complicated and crazy, but the one add boss, is like WHOA <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just got real!
  • maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    gvstoned wrote: »

Oh I remember that one!! the one that spams adds and has a bazzilion HP? ...oh wait... Which one was that again?
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is so wrong. lots of bosses have different mechanics. Some bosses spawn adds on a timer, while other spawn adds at a certain health gate. The really good bosses spawn adds with no discernible pattern, which makes it very hard to deal with.

Yes, totally different mechanics. I don't see what all the complaining is about. Just look at the core of the game name AD&D........that is all you really need to know.
  • metix777metix777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got to give it to the Devs, your bosses are amazing, every fight I mean, I just love kiting adds in a big circle while the tank does nothing and 2 wizards and a rogue hit it. Love simply relying on pots man, totally awesome game design. I also think it's just so awesome their is none of those stupid puzzles or strategies for each boss and each instance, really love that unique style of play where everything is a perpetual gear check, gotta love that system...yeah, really clever of you guys to come up with that my hat goes off to you.

Say what is your guys favourite boss? Is it the one with the pirate hat? You know the one where you glitch the end and kite the mobs and hit the boss? Or is it the ice giant, you know the one! You kite the mobs and you hit the boss...well there is a lot to choose from, the devs did a really good job on saving money by changing the palette on the same instance, really gotta say well done!

Well as a CW, I do get tired of always being on the adds to kite. Would like to see some boss encounters that have mechanics that everybody can be involved in. Lvling up a TR now and I get to pew pew on bosses more :)
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I found the rime hound to be quite challenging.
  • niubbacchioniubbacchio Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Epic thread :o
  • visceraxiusvisceraxius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    This is so wrong. lots of bosses have different mechanics. Some bosses spawn adds on a timer, while other spawn adds at a certain health gate. The really good bosses spawn adds with no discernible pattern, which makes it very hard to deal with.

Yes, totally different mechanics. I don't see what all the complaining is about. Just look at the core of the game name AD&D........that is all you really need to know.

I wasn't complaining, if you look at my post I am taking my hat off to the devs.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Down with adds! Up with... um... something, anything else!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mad Dragon, Spider Queen. 'Nuff said. :cool:
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Haha love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • jipatsujipatsu Member Posts: 94
    edited June 2013
    Guess what we get with Gauntlgrym? Moar adds! Raaarrh, got to get them all on cleric!

Is there a guinness world record already on the title "The most boss minions kited on a MMORPG"?
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ohh but you forget not only adds in gauntlyfail but pvp too but that's okay, because pvp is balanced!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather have Gravitar in this game than more add spamming bosses.
  • dizznutzzdizznutzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would rather tank n spank than put up with the 15 billion adds per boss fight. OP speaks the truth...very little effort into the boss fights. Oh...but wait guys... this is BETA. That's what the fanboys will shout! Your post OP is futile against the fanboys! Especially the ones exploiting to get all the kewl gears!
    edited June 2013
    dizznutzz wrote: »
    I would rather tank n spank than put up with the 15 billion adds per boss fight. OP speaks the truth...very little effort into the boss fights. Oh...but wait guys... this is BETA. That's what the fanboys will shout! Your post OP is futile against the fanboys! Especially the ones exploiting to get all the kewl gears!

Me personally I am holding out til the first expansion, trying to see if maybe they take themselves out of this infancy and embarrassing example of game creation into something worthy of DnD
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hell even if they add a bunch of new classes and paragon paths which is what I'm waiting for, if new content is still the same trash like this I won't even bother.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will ADD this thread to my "favourite" bookmarks.

BTW, when eill we have the ADD class? I bet it can one-shot faster than a TR, tank more than a GF and control-lock more than a CW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »
    Guess what we get with Gauntlgrym? Moar adds! Raaarrh, got to get them all on cleric!

Is there a guinness world record already on the title "The most boss minions kited on a MMORPG"?

That would be held by the first boss in BWL in WoW. Must be where the devs here got the idea to just load the screen with adds in every instance on every boss they ever create or will create. You don't have to pay for conceptual talent when you can just get a guy to create a boss that spawns adds and spams 1-2 abilities until they die....the saving must be mind boggling. I never knew killing adds and running in a circle could be so much **** fun....IT'S AMAZING!
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Again wow...
    this is so full of fanboys :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So we really should just call this game Neverendingadd, or maybe, Addsmorewinter?

I agree with the OP. If you idea of a good boss fight is just to see how many adds you can toss at a group before they can kill a boss then you really need to rethink your game. Its one of the major reasons I stop taking this game seriously and just putt around on it till they drop a new class or something to distract me.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All your tears belong to me.
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    I really hope the gauntlygrim boss spawn more adds then the ones now because we don't have enough adds you know we need MORE!! because 500 is obviously not enough and please make them spawn every 3 seconds !!! :D
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wasn't complaining, if you look at my post I am taking my hat off to the devs.

Yes but what about the Zen store its got some great stuff in there. All at a bargin prices.

Give them a little break it is a free to play game as they call it anyway. Oh wait scratch that since the auction house and economy are crapping out ya i guess it is pay to win.

Yes the bosses are pretty much the same over and over. I do like the Brain one that the huge tentical pops up once and awhile. Although you just have to goto a corner and the tentical cant reach anyone then take out the mob then take out the tentical. Then back the the brain. BUt then thats it repeat same thing over and over and you win. Yes again the healer what do they do again. Its not really healing if i still got to use the pots. I thought in DnD clerics healed people and buffed and attacked also. I hate the 4th edition rules why take away healing from clerics, 4th edition sucks all the good ADnD was in the 3.5 rules edition 2nd edition was good also. They dumbed the game down to much
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ill agree, dungeon boss fights are stupid add fests. Please be more creative.

However, soloing a lot of the quests/mini dungeons/stories/whatever...I found it quite challenging to solo, albeit it completed it without too much trouble. A few adds, a lot of bad floor, etc etc. Difficult, I couldnt just sit there and spam. I enjoyed them.

But yeah, when you get to actual dungeons, the boss fights are pathetically simple. Adds, Bad floor, Boss. Simple != easy, however.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jipatsu wrote: »

Do you think that the opposing group will spawn adds during the PvP portion? Maybe even midget versions or the opposing group members you're fighting! That would be awesome; especially if the opposing group were full of Halflings with dozens of QUARTERling adds.
  • theawesomeone111theawesomeone111 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bunch of crybabies. Deal with it you sooks.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh I remember that one!! the one that spams adds and has a bazzilion HP? ...oh wait... Which one was that again?

Just roll the dice and pick one ;)
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking about it, and I suppose the purpose of the adds is to help build your daily faster/playing your role in combat. Imagine if you could only use your DAILY power once.....
    On second thought, that sounds strangely ironic. You should be saving your daily for the boss in the first place, and only be able to use it once. Kind of like how they did in that pnp game, D&D....