test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice boss design

124»

Comments

• ncurrncurr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The first time I ran an one of the end-game dungeons on my cleric, all I ended up being able to do during the boss fight was toss down Astral Shield, run around in circles while shooting enough guys to build up my bar, drop down AS again, and repeat. I told the guys I was questing with that I'm looking forward to when I can do more against bosses. They told me that's pretty much what I'll always do against bosses.

I look forward to more opportunities to do little more than run around in circles.
  • v3g3taxv3g3tax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I admit that the adds on all bosses is a bit over done....

You want challenge....just hav say mad dragon...with no adds....and No red circles telling you when to move....just take the red circle off bosses, and traps, and nuff said ame challenging and mre fun
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kallos Tam. Waves like a boss. Love him long time.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    like eddy murphy once said,..if you don`t like it, get the f.. out

Who? or do you mean the comedian Eddie Murphy?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really like the one where you spend an hour clearing through adds to get to a final boss who spawns even MORE adds... Man its REALLY tough and challenging! I have to be very careful because if I spam "q" "e" or "r" too hard too fast Ill develop carpal tunnel syndrome...

Its called a balancing act on knowing when to spam buttons and when to spam harder! Sometimes you gotta lay off on the spam a little when your CDs have 5s+ left and you can then just hold the left mouse button down and give those little puppies a rest!

I think sometimes the hardest part about the boss, is trying to learn new ways TO glitch the bosses so they kill themselves or have adds kill them... Its also pretty tough jumping around Karr to bypass most of the adds, I mean sometimes you fall off guys... its pretty serious...

Or if you miscount and mistime the /stuck jumps on spider... you have to run ALL the way back from the last fire to the jump to try again... that can get boring after 2-3 times... and we ALL know they didnt design this game around repetition...
  • lildoggielildoggie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So are you guys saying that as you level up its more stuff like Mad Dragon? If so that's very disheartening. Not fun at all :(
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    My favorite is the first Icespire where the trolls never stop spawning. Ever. Even after the boss dies. But wait - most people don't know that because they usually skip it using a terrain glitch.

Wait... MAYBE CRYPTIC IS TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING!!@!!!