test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

From what I understand from these coming updates/blance are...

2»

Comments

• Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    The more i play this game and the more i read the forums. I become more and more convinced the actual number 1 issue with this game is that its an actionMMO. and not a D&D RPG.:)

So D&D doesn't contain action?

The problem I have with yoru statement is it hard to translate rolling a die and telling your DM what you're next move will be inside of a video game element. So IMO the game perfectly translates what combat would look like if you parlayed D&D into real time.

Not making it real time would be horribly unfun for thousands of us. And to turn it into a tab target MMO would be another horrible proposition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    jblizzyjblizzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    So D&D doesn't contain action?

The problem I have with yoru statement is it hard to translate rolling a die and telling your DM what you're next move will be inside of a video game element. So IMO the game perfectly translates what combat would look like if you parlayed D&D into real time.

Not making it real time would be horribly unfun for thousands of us. And to turn it into a tab target MMO would be another horrible proposition

You say that it's hard to translate what PnP would be like therefore this game does it perfect?

That makes no sense.

This game is no where near what actual DnD is like.

It copies some races, makes up new mmo style racials for them.
    Copies some classes and tries to do the Daily, Encounter, Utility, At-Will power system justice in an action MMO.

I agree with you that you really can't do an exact translation in this type of game, a single player RPG would be the best way.

I really like this game but other than using the Forgotten Realms IP for background it really is nothing like 4e DnD.
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I addressed my concerns with Devoted Cleric here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?337662-Devoted-Cleric-Changes

• Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I addressed my concerns with Devoted Cleric here
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?337662-Devoted-Cleric-Changes

Your astral and divine armor section is pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    well, a crapload of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> actually.

no offense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    ariakan1976ariakan1976 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is in BETA....you really believe that Balance can be fixed so fast?How many years do you play MMOs?
    And tell me something,did you ever see any MMO really balanced?WoW after 8 years and still is not balanced.If you visit their forums,you will see only complains.Like in every MMO out there.

And yes balance is about NERF,NERF,NERF and BOOST,BOOST,BOOST.And if you had read carefully the changes,except Nerfs and Boosts they have also corected and repaired many talents,that didnt work properly.....dont bring the disaster so easily and especialy when you post something that is not accurate.Only the OP has seen in the upcoming patch NERFS and BOOSTS.If you read carefully is much more than that.But i suppose is easier to whine about something,than to try and really understund what the developers are trying to do.

Cheers!!!