test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respec on the Preview server

werylanwerylan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
If at all possible could you either issue some zen or some respec tokens for the test/preview server? It is difficult to examine the changes in powers without a way to actually change builds.

Trying to keep this on the front page so they actually see it and respond to it ... Need Respec ability on the preview / test server please
Post edited by werylan on

Comments

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    werylan wrote: »
    If at all possible could you either issue some zen or some respec tokens for the test/preview server? It is difficult to examine the changes in powers without a way to actually change builds.

They relly didn't give free respec tokens for the PTR ? Let them test their game themselves then , why even bother playing there ?
  • chelseacrafterchelseacrafter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a better idea. How about they actually tell us how to get onto the preview server... some instructions would be nice. This new server seems to be the best kept secret in the whole darn game at the moment.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a better idea. How about they actually tell us how to get onto the preview server... some instructions would be nice. This new server seems to be the best kept secret in the whole darn game at the moment.

There are instructions already , search function 2 hard.
  • jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Rofl, this has just got to be an oversight on their part.

Jorm
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think you're supposed to respec on the test server to test different things, I think you're supposed to test the stuff you already have to compare the changes to what's live now.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Free respecs in the preview shared are pretty much needed, indeed.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • werylanwerylan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Test server is completely dead .. might be 10 people total on it ... average of 2 of each class .. if common builds apply likely they have the exact same build what sense is there in trying to test changes if you can't respec to test the changed abilities?
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think you're supposed to respec on the test server to test different things, I think you're supposed to test the stuff you already have to compare the changes to what's live now.

LOL Ok, so u jump into the test server; If ur stuff is ok, w/e. If its not ok, then its all bollocks. So following this line of thought, why have the test shard then if u can just wait till it comes live?
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • ricktus1973ricktus1973 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Respec tokens are the one thing...the only thing I wish they wouldn't charge money for. Yes, I know you can buy 'em other ways than Zen, but still....It's the only thing that screams at me cash grab from this company. Everything else isn't all that bad.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Please, don't bump. Thanks!
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    zebular wrote: »

why not? its legit question.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I won't bump but I would like to test out the changes to the GWF on the test server, but how am I supposed to without respeccing?
  • ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can respect on the test server. Just toss more money at PWI and buy Zen. You haven't been paying attention to what the whole PWI free to play program really means.

Free infinite respecs on the test shard plz thx.
    edited June 2013
    ssantiagox wrote: »
    You can respect on the test server. Just toss more money at PWI and buy Zen. You haven't been paying attention to what the whole PWI free to play program really means.

Free infinite respecs on the test shard plz thx.

Err no you actually can't. You see I HAD zen when I test copied my characters and it was zeroed out when they were transferred.
    At present there is no way to respec on the test server ... only thing I can think of is to buy a respec token live ... copy again and see if it's there ... which it might not be
  • simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not there, the closest you could do would be respec you're character on live, then transfer him over.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

That would be useful logic if people hadn't specced out of a load of feats and powers because they don't work in live, and claim to be fixed in the patch; for a lot of people, it's what they are actually interested in testing, because.. you know, it's a test shard.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    I see no point in testing anything on PTS with no free respecs there. I'm supposed to spend ZEN or AD to test things for developers?
    Lol.
    No.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hard to believe that you can't respec on the preview/test server... /sigh
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited June 2013
    zebular wrote: »

Why no bumping this thread? Do you have a solution?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Why no bumping this thread? Do you have a solution?

Shh, be vewwy vewwy qwiet, we're hunting wabbits..
    edited June 2013
    I honestly can't believe we still don't even have a reply about this ... Well there it is .. If you want feedback for abilities you changed it would behoove you to actually allow people to test those changes.

Respec for preview server please
  • abandinusabandinus Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    Without respecs the "test" shard is not worth a whole lot. Everyone gets to test their current build only...I don't see the point if I can't respec and try out all the changes.

/shrug
    edited June 2013
    Ok you guys can come in answer questions about stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like "Hey is the server down" but you can't even respond to this thread about respecs on the test server?
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Right now the only way to "re-spec" is to carry it over from live. You can copy your character over unlimited amount of times (just be sure to delete the old character first as it seems to take the same "slot").
    edited June 2013
    Still no response from Cryptic on the issue... Guess they don't want much testing to be done on the Preview server...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    So we should make a workaround for their oversight?

Come on man, we're the free testers you don't have to employ, at least give us the tools to do free work for you :S
  • vladiusvladius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I need to test the broken GF feats that I wanted to have so bad.But yeah,no free respec in the test shard.I said it a few years ago when I was playing Champions and Star Trek,the ideas and concepts this guys have for their MMOs are awesome but they fail so bad at creating them and maintaining them.That was my thought a few years ago,nothing has changed.From where the F#$<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font># you guys get your dev team? End of rant.

free infinite respec for TEST shard please.
  • dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone knows if a respec token can be carried over with your character when you copy it to then respec inside ptr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it can. I copied my character 3-4 times with a token to test different things. That was before they broke copying characters from Beholder, though.
  • ssantiagoxssantiagox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Really guys. Don't buy a respec token in order to achieve what they won't provide like they should in the first place.

Frankly don't buy ANYTHING anymore from PWI. If they are this greedy it's time to stop being sheep and paying for every little thing their greedy little hands can put in front of us. It's the only way to get them to learn some ethics.