What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12k Fully Geared Experienced DC opinions on patch

Comments

• Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    To all you "get over it and find a 'new build' Trolls out there....

I think you MISS why people built into Astral Shield and difinitively used ONE build instead of jumping around and tweaking and discovering other ways of doing things...

YOU HAVE TO PAY SIX MOTHER F**KING DOLLARS A RESPEC!

Yes, I am going to carefully theorycraft at 6 dollars a pop just so I CAN FIND YOU A DIFFERENT BUILD!!

Not gonna happen. So, stop saying GET OVER IT and *YOU* do the theorycrafting and you tell us what is going to work, oh genius trolls. Otherwise, GTFO.
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I play a cleric who does just fine in CN chintae. You need to relax, people arent trolling you. However it is what it is and so its a sort of adapt or die I suppose. The 4-6 seconds will hurt a bit but to be honest its not the be all end all. True last boss CN will hurt but i have myself done all the other epics without Ashield on challenges from my buddies in guild and it is actually quite easy to do. A shield is nice and extremely useful but it will probably be balanced out by the threat changes. Hopefully well be able to put out more direct (even if weak) healing rather than having to be the kite tanks we currently play.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I play a cleric who does just fine in CN chintae. You need to relax, people arent trolling you. However it is what it is and so its a sort of adapt or die I suppose. The 4-6 seconds will hurt a bit but to be honest its not the be all end all. True last boss CN will hurt but i have myself done all the other epics without Ashield on challenges from my buddies in guild and it is actually quite easy to do. A shield is nice and extremely useful but it will probably be balanced out by the threat changes. Hopefully well be able to put out more direct (even if weak) healing rather than having to be the kite tanks we currently play.

if they dont make healing and other skill balance changes before this **** is released its definitely die.
  • Options
    kyomihkyomih Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited June 2013

And how well are you and your buddies geared?
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that it might actually be difficult to play a cleric after the patch, and that you won't have the crutch of being able to run double cleric to stack AS.

You probably never touched CN until you were extremely over-geared for it, you realize the first people beat that dungeon with 9200-9500 gs, right?

Anyway, cleric healing will change, the changes to threat will likely open up new venues of healing other than, "drop my AS and afk." Get over it.

I finally got a chance to see it today - with two DCs. So hey at least I got to see it before they break DCs. I am glad for you that you find it easy. I guess it becomes a question of what proportion of the playerbase does not find this easy enough to bother with to the point that successive failures make the cost and effort (a lot of kits and pots and a large chunk of time) make it not worth the reward (*one* piece of loot that *one* person gets on a dice roll and then *one* piece of loot btc such that the cost of this btc loot may or not may not cover kits and pots used).

I guess it comes down to your definition of 'fun'.

And when it's not 'fun' people leave.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    cartmanfatfanboycartmanfatfanboy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    I watch this boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TEywCt-MU
    and then i think to myself... Neverwiter bosses? Yeah, huge sissies they are.
    Neverwinter clerics? useless dead weight it's what we are.

This is the game that comes to my mind instantly each time I see a post about Neverwinter being so dynamic :)
    Or the funny 'we are battle clerics!!!111!' stuff.

PS. A bit of explanation to all who don't know The RaiderZ - clerics there can use staff (support build) or mace and shield (battle cleric). Heals have long cooldowns and 'EP' consumption. The role of cleric is to keep the party alive, debuff and dps. Or just debuff and dps :) Fight range depends on one's preference and differs from melee, through mid-ranged to ranged. Attacks can be dodged or blocked with shield (full block) or weapon (partial block).Both consume stamina. Positioning, sufficient movement, and stamina & EP resorces management is the key to success
    PS2. There are 4 clerics in the video. Imagine a boss run with 4 clerics in NV...
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm going way off topic here, but I've just watched that video posted by Oroness and it's piqued my interest in RaiderZ. Can anybody tell me if it's as solo friendly as Neverwinter? Or do you have to play in a group?

Edit: I've just looked through the RaiderZ forum. That Cleric/Sorcerer build sounds exactly like the type of thing I've been trying to build in Neverwinter. More of a ranged mage type character than a healer.

*sigh* I can't help wishing that Neverwinter would give its clerics some more mage-like dps abilities, for those of us who don't want to play a healer (yes, I've tried the Control Wizard, but it doesn't fit the bill either).
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    klixan wrote: »
    I'm going way off topic here, but I've just watched that video posted by Oroness and it's piqued my interest in RaiderZ. Can anybody tell me if it's as solo friendly as Neverwinter? Or do you have to play in a group?

That game lacks content updates by the developers.
    Aaaand most of the content is soloable, especially instanced bosses as the one you've seen, but it requires a lot of skill and time to do it and there's also specific solo content. BUT large instances are party-based. You can enter solo, but it will deffinitely take you a lot of time to clear it.

I enjoyed playing a cleric in Raiderz, you can even go hybrid and all that stuff and I can tell you i'ts been one of the most powerful clerics i've been able to play in my whole life. You're not a healbot, you're not a burden, you're not a meatchield... You have the same dd potential as other classes while being able to heal and all that wthout being OP.

I just don't get cryptic's NW cleric concept. You're either helping in combat with lesser heals or you get big heals to compensate for your poor performance in battle, but in NW you heal for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and you damage for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Way to make a class fun :rolleyes:.
    This is the game that comes to my mind instantly each time I see a post about Neverwinter being so dynamic :)
    Or the funny 'we are battle clerics!!!111!' stuff.

PS. A bit of explanation to all who don't know The RaiderZ - clerics there can use staff (support build) or mace and shield (battle cleric). Heals have long cooldowns and 'EP' consumption. The role of cleric is to keep the party alive, debuff and dps. Or just debuff and dps :) Fight range depends on one's preference and differs from melee, through mid-ranged to ranged. Attacks can be dodged or blocked with shield (full block) or weapon (partial block).Both consume stamina. Positioning, sufficient movement, and stamina & EP resorces management is the key to success
    PS2. There are 4 clerics in the video. Imagine a boss run with 4 clerics in NV...

FYI a cleric in raiderz is a battle cleric by default. Wearing a staff or a mace doesen't make you support or battle. If all you're doing is healing and running around you're useless and a burden to your party. Period. The fact that you can choose weapons is because skills are weapon-locked. A cleric that goes hybrid with sorcerer must use a staff because the only common weapon for sorcerer and cleric skills is staff. for the same reason a cleric that goes hybrid with defender must use 1h mace+shield and a cleric that goes hybrid with berserker must use a 2h hammer. All of them are battle clerics, the former specializes in magic attacks and the rest in magical+physical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    sirxluissirxluis Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    everybody is talking about cn... well i say go do dv in preview shard... i found only 1 word to describe it IMPOSSIBLE
    tentacles 1 shot ppl you cant get close or you die. dodge the red zones? well what a fantasy with 2 thoon hulks playing with you as a freaking pinhata i dont think you have enough stamina to dodge anything. even in the normal server it is already hard i have no ideia how they expect ppl to do it after the patch.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sirxluis wrote: »
    everybody is talking about cn... well i say go do dv in preview shard... i found only 1 word to describe it IMPOSSIBLE
    tentacles 1 shot ppl you cant get close or you die. dodge the red zones? well what a fantasy with 2 thoon hulks playing with you as a freaking pinhata i dont think you have enough stamina to dodge anything. even in the normal server it is already hard i have no ideia how they expect ppl to do it after the patch.

why would you bother? from what i hear dread vault doesn't drop loot at the end - there is some final shard that is meant to spawn that you are meant to kill like the others but it doesn't spawn so you don't get a loot drop. add to that you get the same loot from other dungeons *and* the unfun experience you have just described and yes, no, you don't bother. (i've done it once but we didn't complete the last fight but we had someone in there explaining it so I can see how the whole thing goes).

cn is talked about as it as the T2 weapons that are currently BIS for most classes and is reliably completeable to get some sort of loot drop.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I specifically said *trolls* to all the people sighing and going ok, ok, ok we have to find new builds, this was not aimed at you. It's all the people claiming that *bad* clerics are just being butthurt.

I honestly *love* experimenting and might have had 'another' way of looking at things had I the option to look around and dabble. But since PW seems to think I need to open up wallet everytime I want to look at things differently, it kinda prevents my *out of the box* thinking I usually end up doing. I know you get enough points that you can create a rather diversified build, but honestly, your feats kinda drive you in the direction you wish to go. I took feats based on the skills I normally ran around with on my hot bar. I did not pick a 'pre-plug-in build'.

I know with the patch, we will all get a free respec, but honestly, what will that accomplish. I have *one* chance to re-build correctly and then if I mess up, I have to pop $6 for a respec to try and get it right again. And if they change things again????

Respecs should cost gold, and ALWAYS should have. Having to bust out my hard earned money on a respec token that takes away ANY thought of experimentation of customization from clerics is a real let down. And now, with these AS nerfs/changes it makes it a more obvious slap in the face just how greedy and contrite the NW DEVs are when it comes to being a money grab.

They don't care about cleric performance in dungeons, they don't care we have shoddy DPS or that heals are a tremendous pain to accomplish without AoE capability. Healing word, which is like our first heal, is GOOD once stacked, but honestly, have they ever tried healing with HW? It's like trying to pick your favortie cockroach out of a roach nest.

I am extremely disappointed they nerf AS as hard as they did. Sure, stacking was way too OP, I wasn't upset over that change. We all knew it, we all agreed. They honestly didn't consult clerics on how diffinitively they borked the class in terms of healing potential. I get that we are more 'supportive' in our heals, but to compensate that we have heals, they lowered our DPS and now they've lowered our heals. So we are sub-standard in all respects. It's insulting and to the trolls that are blamming us for relying upon AS as a crutch, its that not we relied upon it, after all you go 50 levels without it, it's that it was the ONLY heal that seemed to do anything at all that made it worth our time to invest in. Taking it away is like saying: Oh, we gave you steak by mistake, I'm sorry, lemme go get you a moldy piece of bread, which what you should have had in the first place."
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you want to check out the changes before they happen, you need to get a respec token - and copy your character to test a few times, each one will have a token. You can try out multiple specs, and see what works best for you.
  • Options
    leftsideoftheyarleftsideoftheyar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kyomih wrote: »
    And how well are you and your buddies geared?

I am personally at 9.7k gs.
    u13fd8a.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    If you want to check out the changes before they happen, you need to get a respec token - and copy your character to test a few times, each one will have a token. You can try out multiple specs, and see what works best for you.

Why should I pay $6 for something that should be FREE on a TEST server to TEST things out??
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can do that, or you can complain about it, your choice.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    chintae wrote: »
    Why should I pay $6 for something that should be FREE on a TEST server to TEST things out??

bad devs are bad.
  • Options
    gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    I like the way players from other classes drop the odd "get over it", or "lost your crutch" comment.

Sooner or later they are going to work out that they are the ones who will be affected by this AS change.

Seriously, do they think they are somehow immune to these Cleric changes when they come to join groups? That magically this won't affect them when they have increased threat, mobs all over them and crying out for heals? And at that time they'll hear this from the Cleric - oh sorry guys AS on CD, remember that change that you mocked us for ?

It's like the passengers mocking the bus driver for a having a flat tire - then realizing they're the ones who are stuck on it and not going anywhere.

I know exactly what they will do... blame the cleric ofc :(... I can almost see it coming again 2 clers in pty for harder dungeons just to compensate that bloody righteousness and keep each other alive... sigh
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • Options
    cartmanfatfanboycartmanfatfanboy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FYI a cleric in raiderz is a battle cleric by default. Wearing a staff or a mace doesn't make you support or battle. If all you're doing is healing and running around you're useless and a burden to your party. Period. The fact that you can choose weapons is because skills are weapon-locked. A cleric that goes hybrid with sorcerer must use a staff because the only common weapon for sorcerer and cleric skills is staff. for the same reason a cleric that goes hybrid with defender must use 1h mace+shield and a cleric that goes hybrid with berserker must use a 2h hammer. All of them are battle clerics, the former specializes in magic attacks and the rest in magical+physical.
    FYI, there is a heavy difference between battle cleric and support cleric. I've played both. (FYI, both names are commonly used in european RaiderZ forums and builds and do not reflect ideally the actual playstyle required)
    The fact, that the "support-oriented" build is not severely handicapped in damage dealing (like in NV) doesn't mean that it's "battle cleric". Nope, its not. Battle cleric in RaiderZ uses mace+shield, stacks physical dmg, is more defensive and heals way less efficiently than the one with staff (but IMHO can generate more burst damage every 2 minutes, although I agree that support cleric can be a very effective damage dealer, especially if removes a few less important support feats, I would say more - cleric played aggresively is the best one target damage dealer jugding from my 5k+ matches in the arena - I play mostly with my defender char now).
    klixan wrote: »

Edit: I've just looked through the RaiderZ forum. That Cleric/Sorcerer build sounds exactly like the type of thing I've been trying to build in Neverwinter. More of a ranged mage type character than a healer.

*sigh* I can't help wishing that Neverwinter would give its clerics some more mage-like dps abilities, for those of us who don't want to play a healer (yes, I've tried the Control Wizard, but it doesn't fit the bill either).
    It definitely requires group play to get part of the endgame gear (and to get through some part of leveling content). Getting random parties is usually enough while leveling.
    But, if you prefer to play alone, you may find quite beneficial ways of earning enough cash to buy it all. There is a politics of daily routines in RaiderZ and this includes a lot of solo bosses/instances. Additionally, the pvp arena is only 1 vs 1. There are two maps with mass pvp, where players choose one of two opposite sides. No need to group for that maps.
  • Options
    dilaniodilanio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    I watch this boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_TEywCt-MU
    and then i think to myself... Neverwiter bosses? Yeah, huge sissies they are.
    Neverwinter clerics? useless dead weight it's what we are.

Love how every class in the game is useless dead weight. GF no one wants in epic dungeons because they are dead weight. GWF are the same. Now clerics? Hyperbole much?
    grienne wrote: »
    his point is that he isn't some new guy on the block. Don't be obtuse.

I had a 12k gs before I stepped foot in end game content on my GF. Ya for founders pack. Your GS doesn't mean <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. My cleric I take with us on our runs has just over 9k and guess what? We only take 1 cleric with us and his stats don't allow for AS to be permanently down right now.

Oh ya and I also play a cleric now since no one wanted to take a GF into epic dungeons.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And how much downtime does his AS have? Like, a second?
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healsareop wrote: »
    FF only works when the person is beside you, hence cleric will still be trash in PvP and if there are spread out adds or spread out team members like in CN Dragon - last boss, for example, it won't be very helpful.

You're ignoring the fact that there'll be a lot less aggro on the clerics, so they won't have to be as concerned with self-healing.
  • Options
    redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    You're ignoring the fact that there'll be a lot less aggro on the clerics, so they won't have to be as concerned with self-healing.

This is true if only looking at the pve aspect.

PvP? Not even gonna bother queuing when the patch hits.

Guess I'll just farm AD until we get much more work.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^ Well, most of the topic talks about PvE not PvP. If you wanna PvP with a cleric, maybe try a different build/strategy. Not sure what, I don't PvP on my cleric.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dilanio wrote: »
    Love how every class in the game is useless dead weight. GF no one wants in epic dungeons because they are dead weight. GWF are the same.

I think most of them just have no idea how to play their classes atm, If my buddies are online we run TR/CW/GF/GWF/DC and we just tear through dungeons. The GF actually can pull some of the agro off me so I don't have to tank everything all the time, usually allows me to be pretty static, actually I tend to have excess healing.
    And before you starting shouting about it, yes TR/2x CW/2x DC is faster but whatever this is good enough and makes it easier to find players, better practice for upcoming patch too
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    ^ Well, most of the topic talks about PvE not PvP. If you wanna PvP with a cleric, maybe try a different build/strategy. Not sure what, I don't PvP on my cleric.

Then you aren't going to get to do Gauntlgrym. It forces players through PVE and PVP. If you do want to do Gauntlgrym then you better at least run a few PVP matches before dismissing that as an argument.
    spani4rd wrote: »
    I think most of them just have no idea how to play their classes atm, If my buddies are online we run TR/CW/GF/GWF/DC and we just tear through dungeons. The GF actually can pull some of the agro off me so I don't have to tank everything all the time, usually allows me to be pretty static, actually I tend to have excess healing.
    And before you starting shouting about it, yes TR/2x CW/2x DC is faster but whatever this is good enough and makes it easier to find players, better practice for upcoming patch too

Yea, I think this argument is silly as well, however it's easy to see that the GWF and GF needed a little bit of love. I also run with those classes in some premades, and they are great. For pugs though people don't seem to be able to grasp how to play with them. Also if you give a cleric the option of standing in place and beating on a boss till it dies, or running all over the place trying to dodge stuff before it kills them, and popping potions though the fight then the choice is pretty easy for most people. Personally I don't care much, I'll join any group. I'm also not convinced that these nerfs will damage PvE for the worse as a whole.

For PvP which is required for Gautylgrym I'm pretty positive it's going to make clerics worthless trash though.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vmlinux wrote: »
    Then you aren't going to get to do Gauntlgrym. It forces players through PVE and PVP.
    This is incorrect, you are never forced to do PvP.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    PvP? Not even gonna bother queuing when the patch hits.
    Oh, you forget that other classes were nerfed too. I have played PvP on the preview server, and clerics are ok in PvP.
  • Options
    vmlinuxvmlinux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lupita170 wrote: »
    I'm sorry that it might actually be difficult to play a cleric after the patch, and that you won't have the crutch of being able to run double cleric to stack AS.

You probably never touched CN until you were extremely over-geared for it, you realize the first people beat that dungeon with 9200-9500 gs, right?

Anyway, cleric healing will change, the changes to threat will likely open up new venues of healing other than, "drop my AS and afk." Get over it.

Those people also exploited the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it. Not really a good comparison.
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.

We now will have about a 4-6 second window where AS will be on a cool down. AS has been lasting WAY longer then it was ever suppose to due to a glitch.

Bull****, they say it was a glitch, but it wasn't. If it was a glitch it would have been fixed a long time ago, and not changed in a rebalancing patch. It was always intended to scale up with level just like a myriad of other skills across the game. Maybe they don't like it now, but they can't say it was a bug because it wasn't.
    izatar wrote: »
    Oh, you forget that other classes were nerfed too. I have played PvP on the preview server, and clerics are ok in PvP.

What are you talking about, clerics are barely ok in PVP now. When was the last time you saw a cleric win top spot on a pvp board? Sure double stack as is stupid, everyone in the game including clerics agree with that, and I haven't seen one person say taking that out is a bad idea, but they didn't stop there, they had to make it so clerics can't survive in pvp past 10 seconds now. The "nerf" to other classes is also nothing in the grand scheme of cleric damage, the cleric is the most focus fired class in PVP. If your group isn't trying to focus fire the cleric then you have a bad pug PVP group.

I'm a busy guy, so I usually just run a few pvp matches a day since I don't have time to get into dungeons. After the patch I won't log in unless I have _NOTHING_ to do for a few hours. PVP is going to be straight up humiliating for clerics.
    izatar wrote: »
    This is incorrect, you are never forced to do PvP.

Yea, I didn't realize that you don't have to do PVP, apparently you can stand back and weave baskets and stuff for the players that are doing the real work :).
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree that with the patch changes Cryptic may have made it next to impossible to do some of the end game content that was do able now. However without some type of change to the way the current game mechanics work there would NEVER be a need for the traditional TANK class as clerics have been FORCED to do both healing & tanking.

If Cryptic does it correctly another player will be responsible for the tanking aspects while clerics will have more time to do the healing. I doubt Cryptic will get it right on the first try but the change is necessary regardless...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg