test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Available - "Pre-Patching" Upcoming Neverwinter Content

Comments

• darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    so everyone starts with a 1.5gb patch; then an additional 4gig patch????? Im really confused why so many different amts and the biggest concern is that it wont resume where leaving off. Myself i only keep my pc running overnights when it is my weekend and i just concluded so i wont be worrying too much til Wednesday night :)
  • combatclown81combatclown81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only had the 3016mb patch after exiting the game. It went pretty fast for me and i dont have that great a connection speed.
  • xheverxhever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i closed the patch when its about 20% from 3gb and when i started the patch again, it starts again from 0% - 3gb
    pls fix the resume correctly
  • nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome. 1/2 a half bar til 60, needed to go take a shower but decided to restart my PC before I'm on it the rest of the night. Client is forcing me into a 4gig patch, or 6 gigs with disabled. No amount of restarting the patcher will get me past it and ingame. Awesome ruined saturday night! woo woo
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • theh0sertheh0ser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My launcher won't even begin the download. I exit the game, launcher comes up says patching for about 3 seconds then crashes out.
  • darkfather69darkfather69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ^^^ This is what I get now too... Got the 1.5 Gb patch but the 3 Gb patch refuses to dload now.
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Some positive feedback.
    No issues from my side, i had the 1.5 gb patch installed a while back, the 3 gb DLed fast and without hassle.
    Thanks for making the patch available sooner, it will reduce your server load a lot when u guys make the update live.
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello Again All,

Seems that last pic didn't work too well, but the version I have is as follows,

Version NW.3.20130529a.3 . and that's all I can catch before it just disappears,

My working launcher after all the time consuming patching ( Approx 10GB +- is as follows:

NW.1.20130416a.47

Any Ideas anyone????

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Please, please, please make a torrent. I've tried 5 times to download the patch and every time it has crashed. Also, it does not save its progress, it starts again from the beginning! I have a strict monthly download limit and I can't afford to keep doing this. So please make the patch available in a torrent.
  • tedeontedeon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Servers down now???? Or only I cant turn on launcher??
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. That does not sound like the intended functionality. We will keep an eye out for more reports of this and will triage accordingly.

The pre-patching starts over from the beginning when it is disrupted. Keep getting 0% progress and the size of download remains the same. Please resolve this issue or suggest if any action is required on our part. Thanks.
  • razzamanazrazzamanaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    theh0ser wrote: »
    My launcher won't even begin the download. I exit the game, launcher comes up says patching for about 3 seconds then crashes out.

Same problem, exit game, launcher comes up and reaches 94KB before shutting down again :(

Any comments from the game gurus ???
  • darkkidsdarkkids Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This Pre-Patching is annoying man.... when i still play the game, it suddenly stuck. and when i force to exit, it automaticly patching for 1,5Gb. i wait till it finish. and than play the game again. but it suddenly stuck again.... and i do the same thing. and when i'm exit, it launcher patches again for about 3Gb. when it will be over? i was in the middle of skirmsih when this launcher force me to stuck and patch again..... this is very-very annoying :mad:
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From zone chat, asking around, people say its antivirus what cause the issues, like i posted, from my end no issues, i live in south america and used a 3 mb connection, patch took like an hour to dl.
    I played the game until a few minutes ago. Kinda odd some many folks have an issue and i didnt, maybe u guys could post at least the country you are in, and/or if u all are using A/V and wich antivirus. It helps on TPB when there are zoning issues, it might help here.
    edited June 2013
    i'm at Indonesia with SmadAV antivirus
  • razzamanazrazzamanaz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Denmark, Microsoft Security Essentials.

Just tried disabling AV, still not working :(
  • darkfather69darkfather69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Australia, no AV
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Australia here too. I use ESET Smart Security.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The Neverwinter Launcher now has a feature that allows it to begin downloading data for the next version. This makes it so that when a new patch is released, you can already have a majority of the data and can begin playing more quickly.

This feature is automatically enabled, and will automatically open up a version of the Neverwinter Launcher when you close the game. The Launcher will then begin to download data files that will support the next Neverwinter patch. You can close this process at any time, and your download progress is saved.

Once the download completes, the Neverwinter Launcher will close automatically.

Thank you! We hope you guys are excited for the upcoming changes to Neverwinter!

this is nice except that I got kicked off then had to sit thru a 1500 MB (!!) patch and so lost my group.

maybe... make it OPTIONAL next time?
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    komarr13 wrote: »
    I've tried three times. The patch starts over from the neginning each time. And no, I do not have on-demand patching disabled.

Mine does a flicker of the Launcher when I exit says its patching then goes away everytime I exit the game, so add me to the list of weird things going on now.
    edited June 2013
    after doing 1,5Gb patch, still need to do 3Gb patch. after that all. now i try to login again. and now, i was the only person on protector enclave. can't see other player, can't move to other map. what left to me is i only can chat at zone and guild. so this is the new version of neverwinter? no game just chat? i need some explanation from the admin. is this some kind of virus? when the game about to patch, it said want to patch to "Version NW.3.20130529a.3 .." is this the right patch? as long as i know the latest patch is NW.1.20130416a.47
  • jelebobajeleboba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To those who have patch DL issues

Don't worry guys - it just took 9 hours of open/close launcher, reinstalling game and random actions to enter the game))

GOOD JOB CRYPTIC!
  • dannymccoydannymccoy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    Mine does a flicker of the Launcher when I exit says its patching then goes away everytime I exit the game, so add me to the list of weird things going on now.

I have the same problem.. on exit, the launcher starts doing the 1500 patch for about 2 seconds then quits. this isnt stopping me playing the game but its clearly going to be a problem when the patch goes live
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's mildly irritating to lose 6 days of celestial coins on each of my 5 characters due to this mandatory patch /launcher issue. Yes I know it is 'Beta', but it still very annoying (especially given no announcement that could have allowed me to redeem them for the profession packs)
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dave49424 wrote: »
    It's mildly irritating to lose 6 days of celestial coins on each of my 5 characters due to this mandatory patch /launcher issue.

It doesn't seem to be mandatory. I launch the game through the Arc (but I don't think this makes a difference?) and can log in fine. The patch only starts downloading/resuming after I close the game. I haven't fully downloaded it yet, but have had no troubles logging in or playing without it being completed.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What is the actual download location? I've hit F5 on the prepatch/pigs folder but nothing changes. I thought it was in the %AppData% place thingie but didn't see a Cryptic folder.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Resume doesn't seem to be working for me either, by the way. Just experimented a little with this (with and without Arc).
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On my Win7 machine the folder is under User/Public/Cryptic..

Perhaps it is because I signed up for Test server, but when I checkmark Fast Launch and Disable On-Demand my only apparent options are to sit thru the 1+ gig patch or to cancel and sit staring at a big button that displays the word Patch where it should say Play. Even trying to manually launch the game client from the live folder to bypass the patcher does not work as I time out trying to connect to the account server
    edited June 2013
    dave49424 wrote: »
    Perhaps it is because I signed up for Test server, but when I checkmark Fast Launch and Disable On-Demand my only apparent options are to sit thru the 1+ gig patch or to cancel and sit staring at a big button that displays the word Patch where it should say Play. Even trying to manually launch the game client from the live folder to bypass the patcher does not work as I time out trying to connect to the account server

It's not those. I've signed up for the preview server and I have on-demand patching disabled, and I only get the download after closing the client, not when I start the game or the launcher. Whatever causes the patch to be mandatory for you, it's not related to those two. No trouble playing without the download being finished.

Actually, I don't get a 1.5 GB patch, I only get the 3016 MB one. It does not resume after cancelled, though (sadly can't download it in one sitting in my current location, so will have to do that later in the week).
  • legendaryzeelegendaryzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this way of patching sure is frustrating.. I mean, why not let us patch in the beggining, and whenever we feel like playig, we just press "Cancel" and pause the patch and enter the game.. And the patch should also have the resume feature, 3gb isn't that small for a one time non-stop patching.. I hope you guys know what you're doing..