test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jester's outfit appearance from Tarmalune Bar vendor?

2»

Comments

  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I accually think its kinda cute but i really wish pants andd boots were seprate in fashon wear, as well as top/gloves

    id love to be able to mix and match more. but that top with pesant pants could be cute, and that shirt with a green/gold founders courset would also be very cute.

    This would have been cool. It would have been cooler to me that instead of there fashion slots if there were slots for each visible gear slot. So i could put the boots or gloves from one in there with other looks. I know it would have been a lot more work to make doable, but oh well.
    Wellll...if the male version is so much better, is anyone going to post it?!

    I've said it before, and i'll say it again, i'd like this as well. I know there probably aren't many people who are as insane as i am, but hopefully someone will do it eventually.
  • Options
    factorywenchfactorywench Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picked this up (just hat) on my main today, here's the pics. gxHvtL5.jpg
    PS: A thousand thanks to tfangel for posting the rest of the set in this thread and saving me alot of bars since it is hideous.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picked this up (just hat) on my main today, here's the pics. gxHvtL5.jpg

    Is that the wedding set recolored? See, that looks awesome to me!

    Kind of unrelated, why is that the only set with the bottoms like that. All the other long fabric ones are the four panels that are split. That outfit makes me hope for even more variety down the road.
  • Options
    factorywenchfactorywench Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it is the wedding set.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I guess this makes me a typical guy, but I actually like the jester's set on the female elven/tiefling characters. Yes, there is probably too much bare skin, but it isn't unattractive. :) I really like the shoes -- good job by the artist with those.

    If the pieces were account-bound, I would probably bite the bullet and spend the money on (even more) keys. But if I get them with my main character, a male wizard, and the results are not so great, I'd regret it. Maybe I will just buy the hat.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    malviimalvii Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    8700550022_0aafe01aa0_o.jpg

    I must say it looks way better dyed like this. But as direcrow said, it looks kind of bondage, haha. I would love to see it in green and pink or something. Also, the top and hat looks kinda weird in my opinion.

    The Wedding dress looks awesome tho. Just wondering how it will look while you're on a mount o;
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    does no one have screens of the tunic on a male character? D:
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^What this man said.
    I'd very much like to see a picture of a male jester outfit, since it seems the female counterparts for these costumes seem quite different.

    I've looked everywhere, and I was unable to find a picture of someone wearing this.
    Any help would be appreciated, so more people don't have to waste money on the bars, just to see what it looks like.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    medalonamedalona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now if only the horns weren't so awful with headgear.
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hm... Shall I take one for the team? I have enough trade bars on one if my toons to buy the outfit. He's a dwarf version of Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. A bisexual dwarf playboy named Victor Gardener.
    Member of Grievance.

    Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arontimes wrote: »
    Hm... Shall I take one for the team? I have enough trade bars on one if my toons to buy the outfit. He's a dwarf version of Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who. A bisexual dwarf playboy named Victor Gardener.
    Well the choice is really up to you.
    I won't try to force you if you don't want to, but what you can do is after you purchase it, just right click it and preview the armor without wearing it.
    Then that way if it's ugly, you can put it up in the auction hall and still get something out of the pieces.

    I myself am nowhere near the AD or the bars to even check.

    But in the end the choice is really yours. I'd just forever be thankful if we get a picture of what the armor looks like.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I guess this makes me a typical guy, but I actually like the jester's set on the female elven/tiefling characters. Yes, there is probably too much bare skin, but it isn't unattractive. :) I really like the shoes -- good job by the artist with those.

    If the pieces were account-bound, I would probably bite the bullet and spend the money on (even more) keys. But if I get them with my main character, a male wizard, and the results are not so great, I'd regret it. Maybe I will just buy the hat.

    I don't think the problem here is that the "look is bad" when NOT considering outfit name.

    this would look fine in my opinion as:

    Jester BDSM Top
    Jester BDSM bottoms

    or

    French Jester Top
    French Jester Bottoms

    or

    Skimpy Jester Top
    Skimpy Jester Bottoms

    Disclaimer: the "French comment was solely referring to how there is a "Maid Uniform" and a "French Maid Uniform" adults would know witch to order to dress the hired help, and witch to order for their "playtime" with a special someone.

    without any way to preview this before buying it you would THINK it was meant for the hired help... aka a completely, yet silly clothed Jester.
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm currently bidding on some jester stuff in the auction house. If I win, I will take screenshots and post them here of what they look like.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    owlski wrote: »
    I'm currently bidding on some jester stuff in the auction house. If I win, I will take screenshots and post them here of what they look like.

    I posted this the other day in your other topic. Perhaps it can save you a few AD.

    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301361-Male-Jester-Outfit
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I posted this the other day in your other topic. Perhaps it can save you a few AD.

    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?301361-Male-Jester-Outfit

    Tho it actually doesn't look half bad (least I think). It's a lot better than what i expected it to look like. XD
    Thank you got sharing this picture with us. Even though it's not the best picture, it still gives a lot of us a good idea on what it looks like.
    Thank you very much for taking a snapshot of this man. :D
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea shame he was standing in a shadow. Really muddies the image. But it was a chance encounter that i didnt want to miss. I just clicked away and hoped i got him. He was gone before i could even catch the name.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got this shot of a male jester a couple days ago in the middle of a crowd at the auction house. Not perfectly clear, but it still shows a good bit.
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    I got this shot of a male jester a couple days ago in the middle of a crowd at the auction house. Not perfectly clear, but it still shows a good bit.

    Ah, thanks as well for this picture :)
    I managed to win the bid on some jester pants, and took a screenie of it here http://oi44.tinypic.com/2cpayxv.jpg
    I think personally the male jester outfit looks alright. The pants with the mis-patching patterns and goofy bell shoes seems to portray what I'd think to be a jester in like the medieval times.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I am sorta annoyed.

    I was waiting 4 days on a jester tunic that was around my AD price range.
    I was tracking it like a hawk for the last 4 days cause I really wanted it.
    Someone was always trying to outbid me, so I decided to wait the 7 or so hours left so I could bid as close as possible to the end.
    One minute left and I bid, see the countdown go down and see no notification about being outbid.

    Yet when I went to the courier expecting to see a lovely jester tunic, I'm greeted with a refund message in German.
    I swear that whoever outbid me last-last second better have wanted to use that jester tunic.
    Cause if they were just planning to place it back in the auction at a higher price, then they are a big dou@he bag. (with a capital D)

    Was hoping to upload the picture of the tunic to the wiki, as well as use it for my main costume.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    owlski wrote: »
    Well I am sorta annoyed.

    I was waiting 4 days on a jester tunic that was around my AD price range.
    I was tracking it like a hawk for the last 4 days cause I really wanted it.
    Someone was always trying to outbid me, so I decided to wait the 7 or so hours left so I could bid as close as possible to the end.
    One minute left and I bid, see the countdown go down and see no notification about being outbid.

    Yet when I went to the courier expecting to see a lovely jester tunic, I'm greeted with a refund message in German.
    I swear that whoever outbid me last-last second better have wanted to use that jester tunic.
    Cause if they were just planning to place it back in the auction at a higher price, then they are a big dou@he bag. (with a capital D)

    Was hoping to upload the picture of the tunic to the wiki, as well as use it for my main costume.

    Well maybe you should be asking in zone for someone to sell tradebars? 200 gets them a coal ward for 80-90k AD, so you can expect to pay around 250k each jester piece. I got lucky and came across an auction for both about to end and snagged each up for less than 250k total, but I would've paid for a set. My rogue girl looks cute in it now.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    Well maybe you should be asking in zone for someone to sell tradebars? 200 gets them a coal ward for 80-90k AD, so you can expect to pay around 250k each jester piece. I got lucky and came across an auction for both about to end and snagged each up for less than 250k total, but I would've paid for a set. My rogue girl looks cute in it now.

    Aren't tradebars untradeable?
    And the jester stuff in my server are usually priced at 390-490kAD which is way over my budget of what I can afford.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    owlski wrote: »
    Aren't tradebars untradeable?
    And the jester stuff in my server are usually priced at 390-490kAD which is way over my budget of what I can afford.
    The tradebars are the source of jester pieces. The trade bars are not tradable, the jester pieces are.... so...
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    if you ote in my siggy Kalyca is wearing a jesters outfit recoloured to blue and gold I have the pesant pants with it and it doesn't look as bad, it looks kinda like xena armor note the skirt is part of the shirt.... so if you really want sleezy put jester bottoms with cortezan top
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    The tradebars are the source of jester pieces. The trade bars are not tradable, the jester pieces are.... so...

    Ohh, I get it.
    Tho, I'm not sure who would be willing to do that.
    250kAD per piece sounds reasonable, and I just need the tunic, however finding someone to trust I'll pay once they part with their bars might be more difficult.
    I'll consider the idea if all else fails, thanks.
    if you ote in my siggy Kalyca is wearing a jesters outfit recoloured to blue and gold I have the pesant pants with it and it doesn't look as bad, it looks kinda like xena armor note the skirt is part of the shirt.... so if you really want sleezy put jester bottoms with cortezan top

    Heh, my character is a guy, and I was thinking about mixing and matching some other costume pieces. However I noticed that jester had specific patterned stitches that go across it pants (along the waist) and around the collar (around the upper torso).
    I was thinking what courtesan top with jester bottoms looked like, however without some sort of mix an match preview I can't be certain if it'd look good.
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    owlski wrote: »
    Ohh, I get it.
    Tho, I'm not sure who would be willing to do that.
    250kAD per piece sounds reasonable, and I just need the tunic, however finding someone to trust I'll pay once they part with their bars might be more difficult.
    I'll consider the idea if all else fails, thanks.
    What is there to trust? If the AH is overpriced, you ask in zone if someone has 550 Tradebars to sell a jester's tunic to you. Obviously offer however much 2-3 Coelescent shards would cost on your server. If they agree, they list the item on AH for you, and you buy immediately at that price.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    owlskiowlski Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah-hah!
    I finally got one (and at a very good price too :D).

    I've uploaded the preview of the tunic and pants to the wiki.
    I won't be buying the hat tho, but from the pics I've seen it looks very similar to the females.
    I'll link the wiki page here:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Jester%27s_Garb
    過ちのない者は何も作り出せない。
Sign In or Register to comment.