test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for help on Hacked Account

slpedslped Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am really trying any and every avenue I can find to seek help on the issue. Anyway, to cut the long story short, my account was hacked.

And before going further, I am pretty certain my computer is free from virus, keylogger, etc. I am also certain my (original) registered email was NOT compromised. And I am somewhat convinced that my account was brute forced in from PW side where the hacker immediately changed the registered email upon "success". With that in mind, let me fill in the story.

The pretext is that I did not log in to NWN for a good 1 week or so as I was away overseas. However, out of the blue, I received an email notification in my registered email saying I have request for a change to my registered email . A verification email has been sent to the new email (yeah, beats me on why it goes to the new email and not the old one). So upon seeing that email, I attempted to login to my account to change the password, however, it is obviously too late.

So basically, i lost access to my account and hence cannot submit a ticket thru normal means. Without the email, of course i can't reset password and what not. So I ended up sending it to the customer service email of PWE. After waiting for 1-2 days, i received an automated reply saying that due to high volume of ticket *blah blah*, they will only be able attend to my issue as soon as possible... *blah blah*. So patiently i waited (of course, with the occasional reminder email every 2 days or so to remind them I am still alive and kicking) and till now, where more than 1week has passed since the incident, I have yet to receive any feedback from the customer service.

Sometimes last week, seeing how bad the response from PWE is, I decided to try my luck pm-ing the admins/moderators on this forum for help. Unfortunately, to-date, I have sent to 3 different admin/moderator and none of them seems to have bothered even replying to me.

I am wondering if there is anyone from PWE or Cryptic that even bother about cases like mine. Apparently, I am not the only victim of this issue and to date, i am not sure if anyone has got their account back (let alone getting back all the hacked stuff). Seriously, having spent so much money and time on this game, I really think this kind of service is intolerable and seems to destroy any trust that player might have. So here I am, hoping that someone will finally decide to perhaps spend some time to look into the well being of us players, whether paying or not.
Post edited by slped on

Comments

• yoitslinkyoitslink Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i kno who did it
    IGN xxSasuke3
  • atechhhatechhh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont_TLDR.gif
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got phished.
  • slpedslped Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got phished.
    I highly doubt so. I would be more inclined to believe that someone took a pair of binoculars and attempted to spy on me while i am keying in my pw 2 week ago, and decided to use that same information to login to my account 1 week after that.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slped wrote: »
    I highly doubt so. I would be more inclined to believe that someone took a pair of binoculars and attempted to spy on me while i am keying in my pw 2 week ago, and decided to use that same information to login to my account 1 week after that.

Well I guess it was just freaking magic then.
  • failpatchfailpatch Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE doesn't care. Your account will be banned soon anyways for even existing. PWE thanks you for the little business you have and hopes you check out their next game in a year and they will be happy to ban you again or never lift your ban in the first place.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slped wrote: »

A couple of weeks ago someone phished a number of users message boxes with an official looking account suspension notice. If you followed the link it went to a 1 letter different web address and collected the users login info. I know because I had recieved it. The letter was also posted with the link obscured and left by the mods in a thread from that point.

But the PM was very official looking and if you didn't stop to think about it and realize that Perfect World will never PM a message like that to you but instead email it to you .... you could get burned by it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    failpatch wrote: »
    PWE doesn't care. Your account will be banned soon anyways for even existing. PWE thanks you for the little business you have and hopes you check out their next game in a year and they will be happy to ban you again or never lift your ban in the first place.

Nope if you read the sticky on security you will get the correct information on how to contact customersupport about your hacked account.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bayliebaylie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yoitslink wrote: »
    i kno who did it

omg i lol'd
  • berserkerkitten8berserkerkitten8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dr.-Evil.jpg

Anyway, they don't do ingame support on the forums, unfortunately.
    They're not called respect tokens...
  • sebokansebokan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel your pain. I just tried to log into my account a few hours ago and found that someone changed the password and email address. I'm 100 % sure that no one accessed my email account, since I checked the log file. I send a ticket to support, but I guess the 100$ or more that I spend on Neverwinter, just went down the drain.

They realy need to introduce a mobile authenticator like the one I have for battle.net
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    5 million free accounts 20,000 folios maliciously sending in tickets . this is why customer support takes so long .
    edited May 2013
    A couple of weeks ago someone phished a number of users message boxes with an official looking account suspension notice. If you followed the link it went to a 1 letter different web address and collected the users login info. I know because I had recieved it. The letter was also posted with the link obscured and left by the mods in a thread from that point.

But the PM was very official looking and if you didn't stop to think about it and realize that Perfect World will never PM a message like that to you but instead email it to you .... you could get burned by it.

Nope, didn't receive that email. All i got was the notification that my email was changed. So I went to NWN website using my own usual favourited links.
    Nope if you read the sticky on security you will get the correct information on how to contact customersupport about your hacked account.

Yup, that's how i ended up getting the customer service website. But the problem is the tardiness of response and the lack of any feedback.
    edited May 2013
    sebokan2 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I just tried to log into my account a few hours ago and found that someone changed the password and email address. I'm 100 % sure that no one accessed my email account, since I checked the log file. I send a ticket to support, but I guess the 100$ or more that I spend on Neverwinter, just went down the drain.

They realy need to introduce a mobile authenticator like the one I have for battle.net

Agrees with you. Beyond that, they ought to have introduce simple things like Captcha authentification to reduce the impact of such brute force attempts.

On a side note, if it ease your pain, I think i have spent about 9times more than that - with the 2 founder packs and a bunch of zen topups.
  • sebokansebokan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My account got hacked sunday the 19 of may and I still haven't gotten a respond from support. : (

Somehow the hacker managed to get around the account guard and changed my password and email address (the security is a joke).

Anyway, I would realy like to get my account back that I spend 100$ on.
  • mitotemitote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just move on.
    They won't answer.
    Detele the game and pray they go bankrupt.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My account got hacked sunday the 19 of may and I still haven't gotten a respond from support. : (

Somehow the hacker managed to get around the account guard and changed my password and email address (the security is a joke).

You would get more done if you contacted customer support then posting to the general discussion forum.

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/home
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    The customer support queue is quite backed up. Forum posts won't make it go faster. You'll need to be patient.

I've got one open myself, or rather my son does, for an account problem, and it's been two weeks. I feel your pain.
  • xavierdxavierd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm experiencing the same problem with their customer service. My account was also hacked. I've also paid money for this game. I submitted a support ticket 9 days ago, and still have yet to receive a response or a resolution. Honestly, from all the bad press I've read about PWE, I should have known better than to play any of their games.
  • mast1catormast1cator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lost my account the same day you did. I've gotten it resolved now though like a week ago. I did send them mail too though about the situation and a ticket so I received response faster even though that was slow as hell too so you should do the same if you have any willpower left after all this time. Me myself lost interest in the game during my absence from it and I just regularly check if there's anything new being added to the game like classes that would spark my interest again. :)
  • mitotemitote Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah beside some classes they will add two more mounts. Only 250$ a piece.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013

My account was also hacked but I was lucky in that I caught it before they were able to change the password. I received an email saying that an unauthorized computer logged into my account and it showed me the IP(which was from China) and if it was not authorized by me to change password right away and to contact PWE with this information.

So I did all that, never heard a word from them. I know for 1000% it IS a security hole/breech on PWE's side. It was NOT anything from my side. I have my own domain and I have a server here in my house that handles all my email, webpage, etc... I know for an absolute fact that it was NOT any kind of malware, keylogger, port sniffer, whatever. The breech/attack was on PWE's side. Many people should know this already because they keep getting "to many tries, try to login later" error. This error is because PWE is being brute force attacked. Also, I am 90% sure that the breech is related to the GATEWAY website.

Whatever you do from here, make sure you DO NOT ever use that password for anything. And if you have that password on anything else, you should change it right away. Never use the same password, EVER. I know its a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but you have to use different passwords for everything.
  • x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    mitote wrote: »
    They DO NOT CARE.
    They already got your money.
    Move on and make room for the next fool. (I was one too).

Oh and btw, did you realise how the "moderators" move all these threads in some obscure corner so noone will notice them?
    Yes and sometimes the whole thread is magically gone! These forums are a joke. They are moderated by TOTALLY BIASED mods. They abuse the ability to ban people, just because you say something negative about the game, even though it is true. Not to mention they let the fanboys post with immunity. You dont have to believe me, just look at certain people's post history, it SCREAMS total bias.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    So I did all that, never heard a word from them. I know for 1000% it IS a security hole/breech on PWE's side. It was NOT anything from my side. I have my own domain and I have a server here in my house that handles all my email, webpage, etc... I know for an absolute fact that it was NOT any kind of malware, keylogger, port sniffer, whatever. The breech/attack was on PWE's side. Many people should know this already because they keep getting "to many tries, try to login later" error. This error is because PWE is being brute force attacked. Also, I am 90% sure that the breech is related to the GATEWAY website.

I agree, the problem could be at the gateway, cause I sense no security when you login from gateway. it could be anything from brute forced attack, or miss-directing the site to their server so when you login you actually give them your passcode.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    don't use gold seller sites or click on FREE IPOD HEAR!!!!!!!! sites /thread
    edited June 2013
    >buying AD
    >using passwords that aren't random letters and numbers

Plebeians.
    edited June 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    My account was also hacked but I was lucky in that I caught it before they were able to change the password. I received an email saying that an unauthorized computer logged into my account and it showed me the IP(which was from China) and if it was not authorized by me to change password right away and to contact PWE with this information.

Whatever you do from here, make sure you DO NOT ever use that password for anything. And if you have that password on anything else, you should change it right away. Never use the same password, EVER. I know its a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but you have to use different passwords for everything.

I did use GATEWAY to manage tradeskills, so you may be right about there being security issues.
  • time2kill1time2kill1 Member Posts: 22
    edited June 2013
    I never understood how people get their accounts hacked. I have been playing online games for many many years. And not once have I ever had my accounts hacked....... (I probably just jinxed it now tho)
  • kellendreoskellendreos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got hacked too today.

In 20 years of mmos and web surfing, this is the 1st time I got hacked.

I never buy **** on other web-sites, I never got a **** malware, troyan, keylogger or other craps.

The contact support doesn't work, I did an in game ticket, but from what I'm reading I wont get any answer/solution soon.

This game has few good things, but the quantity of bugs/problems/exploit/bot/cheaters are incredible/unacceptable.

PW or Cryp will probably don't care much about my and all my friends money (20pps that will move, if I decide to move), but if they continue like this, we will be only a small part, of a huge migration.
  • evilrayrayrayevilrayrayray Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    After waiting today being the 24th day since my account was hacked and stolen I FINALLY got a ticket response last night...said I have refunded your ZEN purchases and need a new email to associate with your account so I may restore it to you....so I replied immediately..just so happen to be reading emails as it came in...that was some 28 hours ago and not another word lol...so I am curious if they truly are going to finally restore my account and very curious to see what " Refunded your zen" means...I had a 60 rogue with 2 complete epic sets...5 nightmare mounts in my bank from boxes ...5 mill AD and about 12k zen still on the account...gonna be really interesting to see what I get...although at this point given 24 days for a response and now still nothing..I will believe it when I see it with this company...according to the few MMO rating sites I have read recently PWI has fallen far far far from grace with all MMO sites because of Neverwinter customer service...so we shall see !!!!
This discussion has been closed.