Install Arc
Options

3016 MB Patch just now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeap, this is definitely pre-patching for the 'big changes' patch that is coming up. Kinda glad that I had already done the download for the preview server, thus I didn't actually have to download anything.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm so if this is the BIG CHANGES PATCH; isnt this supposed to go live June 20th? LOL its not even the 10th and were already downloading it? Question is, I've seen people say various GIG's to download. 4gigs??? 3Gigs Myself I'm weighing at 1.5gigs and even after 10minutes of downloading it only downloaded 65mb; whereas the 109mb patches per maintenance takes less than 3minutes each. So why all the various sizes?

Heres the patch version its trying to download NW.3.20130529a.3.

And heres a link where I first posted; ooops!!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?333932-Extremely-slow-patching-speed
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Hmmm so if this is the BIG CHANGES PATCH; isnt this supposed to go live June 20th? LOL its not even the 10th and were already downloading it? Question is, I've seen people say various GIG's to download. 4gigs??? 3Gigs Myself I'm weighing at 1.5gigs and even after 10minutes of downloading it only downloaded 65mb; whereas the 109mb patches per maintenance takes less than 3minutes each. So why all the various sizes?

Heres the patch version its trying to download NW.3.20130529a.3.

And heres a link where I first posted; ooops!!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?333932-Extremely-slow-patching-speed

My Post on the previous page:
    I believe this is indeed relating to the "Big Changes" which were announced last week.

The patch isn't live yet but you can test it out before release on the Public Test Shard!

While the patch is not live you may already test it on the Public Test Shard if you like. If not you simply have a large amount of the patch pre-downloaded for when the patch does go live. :D
  • Options
    zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    My download was 1589 MBs. The various sizes might mean Cryptic is doing the rollout in stages and depending on regions. On June 20 when the game is officially out of beta, you'll still be downloading updated patches but less than the total for the entire pre-patch and final patches. The pre-patch is mostly the core files and things like texture maps that will remain the same.
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my download has been going nearly 2 hours and has all but completely stopped at 86%. Getting around .1 MB per 5-10 sec. Destroyed my play session at it's beginning. Logged in to start tasks logged out for dinner.

Patched the rest of the evening..... apparently.

Maybe time to get a faster connection speed?:)
    Mine patched in less than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    tyrannisstyranniss Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok peeps, the various patch size's are most likely due to on demand patching versus those of use that have on demand patching turned off. If you have it on you will have received less of the original patches depending on how much of the area's ingame you have visited. For those of us that turned off on demand patching we have more files already downloaded so there's more to patch, hence the larger size of the patch to download.

Atleast thats what I believe is happening. I don't work for Cryptic or PW so I don't know what or how they have their patching system setup as. But it makes sense to me..
  • Options
    hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    My Post on the previous page:

While the patch is not live you may already test it on the Public Test Shard if you like. If not you simply have a large amount of the patch pre-downloaded for when the patch does go live. :D

But why are you rolling it out for Europe on a Saturday morning??? Are you insane? At least increase the download speed. I have been patching for 45 mins and its on 48%......
  • Options
    ireniicusireniicus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I spent 3 hours dl the latest patch (even though i have 50 GB DL speed) which gets to 92% when the NW Client crashes and guess what. I have to start again.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not the patch I find irritating so much as the complete lack of explanation from PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    jakula1jakula1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about you guys just toggle on demand patching so you don't have to download it just yet? As I can log in without this patch, or I can download it by toggling the option for on demand patching.
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    Downloading the patch anyways. Maybe... MAYBE it will minimize my need to download patches on demand. :)

You can disable On Demand Patching in the Launcher options, then it will download all the data the game needs without any more patching on demand
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nevfe wrote: »
    It's not the patch I find irritating so much as the complete lack of explanation from PWE/Cryptic.

Yeah, normally this is the kind of thing that they announced. I guess someone forgot to tell the CM that it was turned on before he left the office.
    klixan wrote: »
    Quick question; If I exit the launcher (and stop the patch download) how do I start it again? Also, will I have to re-download the whole thing, or will it pickup from where I stopped it?

The launcher will pick up from where it started. It however will show 0% again, but if you look, the amount it wants to patch has decreased.
  • Options
    pappacubepappacube Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here so I think its everyone but I have 3gb not a 1.5gb patch.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out
    how far one can go. --T.S. Eliot
  • Options
    fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Yay...got my 3gb patch started...works for me, cause I have other things to do today. It didn't show up when I logged in the first time, but when I logged out the launcher restarted, and started the patch.