test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3016 MB Patch just now?

seij35sayburseij35saybur Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just exited the game and my launcher popped up and started downloading a 3016 MB patch. I can't find any patch notes or other posts regarding this. What's up? My game broken or what? :P
Post edited by seij35saybur on

Comments

• necrovechkinnecrovechkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Downloading as well.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like they turned on pre-patching for the big patch. I have seen it before on CO shortly before a major update.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Itz zee enz of zee worlzz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    They've done pre-patching for LoR expansion for STO also.
  • nightskysxznightskysxz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just working on my foundry map called the ring, (self promotion you should go check it out i think its a lot of fun blah blah.)

I logged out for about 2 mins then logged back on and im downloading a patch that is 1589 mbs? and i cant find notes anywhere for this thing. I would like to know what im downloading thats 1589 mbs. Is it a pre patch for the upcoming new content/patch because 1589 mbs is not a bug fix, that file size is new content file size.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    me too... without any warning, boom, 1.5 gb patch.
  • nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I logged out and got a 3gb patch going right now.
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter is like a box of chocolates - You never know what you're going to get!
  • nightskysxznightskysxz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Neverwinter is like a box of chocolates - You never know what you're going to get!

I laughed.
  • adfanujnadfanujn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Missing DD because of surprise patch, sad face.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adfanujn wrote: »

Just close the launcher and reopen.
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hopefully it's the real deal. Tired of getting stun locked and drained of 25K hp by rogues. ALso if you are still in game, don't log out as this patch is coming down VERY slow on my 60MBPS connection.
  • adfanujnadfanujn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. /10 char
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm receiving a 1595 MB update at 11:57 pm EDT (GMT -5)
    Already received this mornings's Patch NW.1.20130416a.47 at 7 am PDT
    No posts about this one. Anyone know what it might be?
  • jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    3 or 4 posts already on this. No one knows yet.
  • tojolobal2tojolobal2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adfanujn wrote: »

Same Same :(
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are we talkin about the same game? I had no patches...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013

Exit the game and the launcher pops back up to start download pre-patch files. You can close that launcher/download and restart the launcher if you want to get back in the game right away.
  • counterintelcounterintel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    Hopefully it's the real deal. Tired of getting stun locked and drained of 25K hp by rogues. ALso if you are still in game, don't log out as this patch is coming down VERY slow on my 60MBPS connection.

my download has been going nearly 2 hours and has all but completely stopped at 86%. Getting around .1 MB per 5-10 sec. Destroyed my play session at it's beginning. Logged in to start tasks logged out for dinner.

Patched the rest of the evening..... apparently.
  • annet101annet101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wanted to play so badly and so disappointed that this game won't download. I've tried for 3 days and crashes on the patches every time. never have been able to log in and play - I hope others have better luck. I might try again in a few months but i'm pretty fed up with fighting it for now.

Also - might want to make the download a bit faster - 4 hours per patch is ridiculous. I've never had an mmo take that long.
    edited June 2013
    It is the big patch. It is just set up to prepatch so you can get the big download out of the way. Then on launch day, it adds the prepatch stuff to the live client.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Its not hitting everyone at the same time for some reason. I read this thread earlier before logging in and playing and didn't have a patch. Worked on a foundry mission some and then it started patching. Didn't take to long though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    4Gb patch here... O-0
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I believe this is indeed relating to the "Big Changes" which were announced last week.

The patch isn't live yet but you can test it out before release on the Public Test Shard!
  • counterintelcounterintel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This patch is not mandatory to complete. And im really upset.

Close the launcher, and reopen it. It is a predownload for the game update i believe, because it only patches this if you exit out of the game. Not if you launch it.

I closed the dead download which stopped moving at a reasonable rate, and relaunched, it let me right in.

HOWEVER.

Now my characters all slowly move to the right at all times no matter what i do. Spent almost a half hour relogging/rebooting etc. still borked.

So just close the launcher if youre downloading the patch and relaunch it. Should let you in with no update.

Just might ruin your ability to play as well.
    GOOD LUCK
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I exited it to log back in and now NW crashes. Yay.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • wafflebaronwafflebaron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is PRISM
  • rood4everrood4ever Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OK so that's it, was wondering if my PC got infected somehow.

Wasn't really clear though.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quick question; If I exit the launcher (and stop the patch download) how do I start it again? Also, will I have to re-download the whole thing, or will it pickup from where I stopped it?
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Downloading the patch anyways. Maybe... MAYBE it will minimize my need to download patches on demand. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*