What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment Suspension Time

13»

Comments

• nicholasgravenicholasgrave Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    I hope they permban your father and your loser exploiting friends. Sweet role models it sounds like you have.

Then you complain about Cryptic Customer Service rather than your POS friends/family.

Do everyone a favor and smarten up and play straight or join those other cheaters on another game.
    and i hope u die , idiot
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »
    Yea because curiosity is hard to stem.When someone post it on the guild or zone channel, people tend to want to try it out. To see if something is real or just plain rumor. Its not the entire guild had to "test" the exploit.

No, not curiosity. Cheating.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ifthir wrote: »
    Yeah just like bank robbers test out the money they stole.

Good to hear your POS cheating guild is banned.

How old are you? The analogy I stated doesnt apply here. What kind of metaphor are you trying to propose here.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How old are you? The analogy I stated doesnt apply here. What kind of metaphor are you trying to propose here.

It's sarcasm, not analogy or metaphor.

And I wouldn't go throwing aspersions about age. He's not the one unable to 'resist' exploiting.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • expl0iterexpl0iter Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I AM AN EXPLOITER, STILL PLAYING. AMA.

Hello, this is my anonymous account to protect my identity.

I laugh at all the people who defending Cryptic and hating on all the people who got banned, as if some justice was served and the world is now safe. Except not, you are not looking at the bigger picture; a lot of these concerns about severity are legitimate.

Here's why. I made MILLIONS of AD in profit. I was lucky enough to browse the forums the minute the exploit was posted. I immediately started buying OUT all the shards, and making lessers after lessers, and then normals, and then greaters. I WAS DOING THIS FOR HOURS. FOR HOURS. I first made greaters for myself, and then started selling the rest. I could have made more, but there were NO MORE shards to buy, market was empty! And some that were being sold were way overpriced, like a Vorpal shard for 75K AD, when a lesser vorpal enchantment was only going for ~100-150K. I sold at least 10 lessers, several normals, and one greater, also a bunch of rank 6-8 enchantments. It was getting late into the night, I was tired, and went to sleep.
    When I woke up, I found out a couple of my guild mates were banned, they found out about the exploit too late, they have only made one lesser to see what the fuss was all about, in disbelief that it was still going on and how game-breaking it was. Moments later they were banned. They got unlucky.

BLAME THE SYSTEM.
    edited June 2013
    Posting the same made up story twice on a throwaway account doesn't make it more credible...
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Analogys, metaphors, all just poor forum attempts of you using vocabulary to try and take away from the fact your friends cheated and got caught.

Cry more please.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    and i hope u die , idiot

3147128.jpg
  • nicholasgravenicholasgrave Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i m sorry for u but I have not been permanently banned :)
    edited June 2013
    LOL, bro you are the one all butthurt and wishing people died.
  • trickyflokitrickyfloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I knew on page 5 that this thread would deliver, and it has. I love the excuses those who chose to exploit make for why they exploited. Enjoy your justified permabans and either move on or reroll with a new account. Man up, you cheated, you got caught, you got banned. play tighter next time
  • renuhveerenuhvee Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I knew on page 5 that this thread would deliver, and it has. I love the excuses those who chose to exploit make for why they exploited. Enjoy your justified permabans and either move on or reroll with a new account. Man up, you cheated, you got caught, you got banned. play tighter next time

I don't know what it has delivered, but I know I haven't given any excuse as to why. ^^; Not much point, just wanted an answer, and while I think a permanent ban is harsh, especially in a beta, it's understandable. I'm still waiting for my email though, so as for now I'm still temporarily suspended. ^^;
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    From what I've seen, accounts that are/were temporarily banned are being investigated and the bans are becoming permanent if there is sufficient evidence indicating the exploit(s) were intentional. Mainly meaning the person that used it did so to profit ingame. If a person knew about the exploit and tried it, then they did so knowingly. If a person did it accidentally and reported it and discarded the results as to not profit from it, those are the ones that will probably face no consequences or have their accounts restored.

For me, I think anyone that knowingly uses an exploit for personal gain should have all their accounts permanently banned. The same goes for anyone that posts information as to how to use an exploit.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    From what I've seen, accounts that are/were temporarily banned are being investigated and the bans are becoming permanent if there is sufficient evidence indicating the exploit(s) were intentional. Mainly meaning the person that used it did so to profit ingame. If a person knew about the exploit and tried it, then they did so knowingly. If a person did it accidentally and reported it and discarded the results as to not profit from it, those are the ones that will probably face no consequences or have their accounts restored.

For me, I think anyone that knowingly uses an exploit for personal gain should have all their accounts permanently banned. The same goes for anyone that posts information as to how to use an exploit.

I'm certainly not condoning the exploits but there are varying degrees of exploits. It's not just black and white. Most dungeon parties use the short cuts (walking on cliff sides to bypass mobs, jumping down to death to respawn at next campfire) to get to the bosses. Should those people be permanently banned? That's an obvious exploit but somehow most people turn a blind eye to it as an exploit. Others include using faulty game mechanics such as knocking mobs off ledges/platforms instead of killing them and stacking of abilities/skills.
    edited June 2013
    I'm certainly not condoning the exploits but there are varying degrees of exploits. It's not just black and white. Most dungeon parties use the short cuts (walking on cliff sides to bypass mobs, jumping down to death to respawn at next campfire) to get to the bosses. Should those people be permanently banned? That's an obvious exploit but somehow most people turn a blind eye to it as an exploit. Others include using faulty game mechanics such as knocking mobs off ledges/platforms instead of killing them and stacking of abilities/skills.

Knowing using an exploit means you know it's wrong but have chose to do it anyways. If this is the case, then permanent ban.

Being against one exploit and not another is being a hypocrite. All exploits should be treated the same. Knowingly using any of them should result in a ban either temporary or permanent based on the severity or use of it.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Knowing using an exploit means you know it's wrong but have chose to do it anyways. If this is the case, then permanent ban.

Being against one exploit and not another is being a hypocrite. All exploits should be treated the same. Knowingly using any of them should result in a ban either temporary or permanent based on the severity or use of it.

The problem is how do you or the Devs prove someone used an exploit knowingly? Obviously, doing so repeatedly proves someone exploited knowingly and if there's gains through AH/trades. What if its one time or maybe a few times and the player did it unknowingly because the game allowed it? I did not say anything about being for one exploit or being against another, so no hypocrisy.

If anything what you said was contradictory. First you said, "Knowing using an exploit means you know it's wrong but have chose to do it anyways. If this is the case, then permanent ban.. "

Then you go on to say, "... Knowingly using any of them should result in a ban either temporary or permanent based on the severity or use of it.." So which is it, permanent ban for knowing exploiting or either temporary/permanent based on severity for knowingly exploiting?

I'd estimate that over 90% of dungeon groups were using dual Clerics for stacking of Astral Shield. You want to ban that many people for a faulty game mechanic? Of course, most people didn't object to this exploit.
    edited June 2013
    The problem is how do you or the Devs prove someone used an exploit knowingly? Obviously, doing so repeatedly proves someone exploited knowingly and if there's gains through AH/trades. What if its one time or maybe a few times and the player did it unknowingly because the game allowed it? I did not say anything about being for one exploit or being against another, so no hypocrisy.

Well, if we're talking about the enhancement exploit, it's quite easy to determine. It's obvious that it's an exploit, so, anyone who does it twice, you can ban. As for people who only did it once, a lot of them you can determine if they did it after being informed about it - again an easy ban.

What amuses me about a lot of the recent bans is how some players apparently thought they could exploit and then file a bug report and pretend that they just 'happened' on the exploit. I'm gratified to find that Cryptic is smart enough to read that play.
    edited June 2013

If anything what you said was contradictory. First you said, "Knowing using an exploit means you know it's wrong but have chose to do it anyways. If this is the case, then permanent ban.. "

Then you go on to say, "... Knowingly using any of them should result in a ban either temporary or permanent based on the severity or use of it.." So which is it, permanent ban for knowing exploiting or either temporary/permanent based on severity for knowingly exploiting?

I'd estimate that over 90% of dungeon groups were using dual Clerics for stacking of Astral Shield. You want to ban that many people for a faulty game mechanic? Of course, most people didn't object to this exploit.

I put temporary or permanent in there because it is Cryptic's choice as to which to give, not mine and there are factor that must be figured in.

There are some things that can only be seen just as a total exploit, no ifs ands or buts about it, then there are some that may be seen by some as an exploit and others as just part of the mechanics of the game, like going around some monsters in a dungeon. This could be an exploit or part of the game, the decision as to which is Cryptic's call. Some things like knocking monsters off a cliff or wall may be intentional or an accident, if the player constantly does it, the more than likely it's intentional, if it only happens sometimes, its more than likely an accident.
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I put temporary or permanent in there because it is Cryptic's choice as to which to give, not mine and there are factor that must be figured in.

There are some things that can only be seen just as a total exploit, no ifs ands or buts about it, then there are some that may be seen by some as an exploit and others as just part of the mechanics of the game, like going around some monsters in a dungeon. This could be an exploit or part of the game, the decision as to which is Cryptic's call. Some things like knocking monsters off a cliff or wall may be intentional or an accident, if the player constantly does it, the more than likely it's intentional, if it only happens sometimes, its more than likely an accident.

The thing is most of the people who got a perma ban did it that fateful day it was leaked on the forums. Think about it. For most other mmos, the simple solution would be to take down the servers once you knew that a exploit was going on. Once u take down the servers, all exploit, whether intentional or non-intentional cease to exist from that point you took the server down.

You can then from there, check those who exploited beforehand. These are the main culprits of the exploit. Instead, The fact that no action was taken while you sit there and waited( probably because you were trying to fix the exploit) , got more people to commit the act because they saw it on the forums. Then you proceed to ban these people who started on that fateful day because you did not take down the servers,does not warrant the fact that it was also your fault in what actually happened.

The auction house rolback would not have happened if you had taken the server down immediately.That was the first time something major happen. This is the second time although it is of a much smaller scale. If I had a nuclear reactor that is leaking, do I stop the nuclear reactor immediately or do I wait for someone to find a solution to halt the current problem before i stop it from operation?