test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enchantment Suspension Time

Comments

• veritaseversorveritaseversor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Over 72 hours now and no ban lift - Either tell us were forever banned or let us now when we can expect to play again.

Adding to the discussion; I used the glitch 1 time to test that it really works - sent it in as a bug report, and still got banned.
    While a low level account i know used the glitch on ~ 1000 enchants and wasn't touched at all. I would assume that a lot of the bans were unfair and to have all the accounts they chose perma banned is overly harsh. That being said, anyone who used the glitch specifically to greatly increase their wealth and posting their fused items back on the AH, especially anything over 100 uses of the glitch should be perma banned.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, true. Some people made millions of AD from this exploit. Those unfortunate to have tried the fuse exploit that morning the ban was instituted, however slight their infraction, got banned/suspended while those other that did it REPEATEDLY the previous day/night & were left unscathed.

That was the whole point of exploiters releasing this information. It is to overload the system so that they can probably get away with it while smucks take the fall.....
  • nicholasgravenicholasgrave Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LF a dev, someone has seen one?
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    LF a dev, someone has seen one?

Why would you need a developer?

A community manager, not forum moderator, will still not post details about an account. This is why you have to go through support and find out what has happened to your account. Not only will the people there have direct access to your account, but since it is all done in a private setting they will be able to give you the details you need.
    edited June 2013
    but you have any idea how long it takes to answer?if you're lucky they respond u after 10 days
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    but you have any idea how long it takes to answer?if you're lucky they respond u after 10 days

Unfortunately that is your path to find out the details about your account. Never will it be discussed on a public forum.
  • trickyflokitrickyfloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif
  • gromtaraccgromtaracc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I've had a ticket put in about 3 weeks ago regarding some lost items; after several days I've closed the ticket myself. Today I have gotten an automated response in e-mail on my banned account that they are closing that ticket (which was already closed by me) because they don't have the capability to answer the sheer amount of tickets they have, asking me to resubmit it if I am still experiencing the issue.

Their whole CS is a mess.

I uninstalled the game this morning.
  • trickyflokitrickyfloki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cartman-tears-o.gif
    edited June 2013
    bongstick wrote: »
    We don't want account details. Stop making stuff up.

Temporarily suspension. How long is temporarily. Easy quesiton. Bans are issued by Neverwinter GAMEMASTERS. Not Perfect World staff.

You are correct that the bans are being issued by Neverwinter staff, but you also need to realize that Perfect World owns Cryptic and therefore runs all of their customer support through the parent company.

And asking about how long your account is banned is asking for account details. Not everyone received the same ban.
  • mynameiszxmynameiszx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not banned here, but this does raise up certain interesting points...

I believe this is a case of 10? people handling millions of support tickets. Hire more people maybe? How hard is it to include a simple time duration of suspension? Very mind boggling how things are done over there, make me wonder why STO failed so bad.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Why would you need a developer?

A community manager, not forum moderator, will still not post details about an account. This is why you have to go through support and find out what has happened to your account. Not only will the people there have direct access to your account, but since it is all done in a private setting they will be able to give you the details you need.

Those that are asking about the "temporary suspension" times are asking in general terms how long is a suspension. They aren't asking for account details. Others have gotten 72 hour suspensions for far more severe exploits than someone being banned over exploiting the fusing a few times.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    You are correct that the bans are being issued by Neverwinter staff, but you also need to realize that Perfect World owns Cryptic and therefore runs all of their customer support through the parent company.

And asking about how long your account is banned is asking for account details. Not everyone received the same ban.

It seems that those banned all received the same email that said temporary suspension. Other emails for bans specifically stated 72 hour suspension or permanent ban or account closure.
  • desorodesoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread still? You exploited, you are done on the account you exploited with. Whether it was once or 100 times, and whether or not the guy that did more then you was banned or not.

You are banned. It has been over 72 hours? Then you are done for good on that account.

Make a new account or leave the NW community.

Mmkay? kthx

EDIT: Reported OP so Mods can close the thread. It serves no purpose other then cheaters begging for information that cant/wont be given on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dafuq you cryin' about? You first MMO??!
  • renuhveerenuhvee Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    This thread still? You exploited, you are done on the account you exploited with. Whether it was once or 100 times, and whether or not the guy that did more then you was banned or not.

You are banned. It has been over 72 hours? Then you are done for good on that account.

Make a new account or leave the NW community.

Mmkay? kthx

EDIT: Reported OP so Mods can close the thread. It serves no purpose other then cheaters begging for information that cant/wont be given on the forums.

I'm the OP, I'm not the one actively complaining, so don't report me ^^;;; Answers would be nice either way, but I see no point in continuing a thread where everyone involved knows the answer is not going to be posted. I'm only posted now just to say I had no part in keeping this thread going after my last post a few pages back. ^^;;;;
  • mynameiszxmynameiszx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bongstick wrote: »
    And you know this because? You see where i am going at? It's all speculation and there is no reason for that if Cryptic just did their job. And as i said, this is driving the work load of customer support needlessly higher which in the end is for you and everyone else in this game very bad. I rather see them helping out people that are hacked or not receiving their purchases than with this silly thing.

They can come here and say what you just said to confirm and give out necessary information. They can give time ranges. As in hey. it can be between 3 days and 3 months (for example) depending on the severity of the exploit. They can also say for most people it will be 7 days (because it sure as hell ain't 3) and for some it will be 15.

There is so much you can say and clear up without compromising account details.

This. You can, and SHOULD give out whatever info you can give, just to give the poor CS guys a break with their tickets if you get what I mean. Seems like the GMs don't really like the CS guys much :)
  • gromtaraccgromtaracc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For anyone wondering, this was a PERMANENT BAN. I have just received a second e-mail from them, which I am assuming was sent to everyone involved because it didn't reference a ticket number.

Hello,

This account has been permanently banned for abusing an exploit involving enchantment and runestone fusing. The use of exploits is expressly prohibited in our Terms of Service (http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms) to which you agreed upon creating this account.

Section 10, subsection L states:

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Thank you for your understanding.

Move on folks. TESO is going to be amazing.
    edited June 2013
    I did not recieve that email, until then, I will remain hopeful it is still temporary. ^^;
    edited June 2013
    gromtaracc wrote: »
    For anyone wondering, this was a PERMANENT BAN. I have just received a second e-mail from them, which I am assuming was sent to everyone involved because it didn't reference a ticket number.

Hello,

This account has been permanently banned for abusing an exploit involving enchantment and runestone fusing. The use of exploits is expressly prohibited in our Terms of Service (http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms) to which you agreed upon creating this account.

Section 10, subsection L states:

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

Thank you for your understanding.

Move on folks. TESO is going to be amazing.

Yeah use some of the exploits there and see what happens.
    edited June 2013
    It is nice, that at the very least, they're starting to let people know. I get the feeling they might send out more later, but atm, staying hopeful! ^^; I won't ever understand why some are banned longer or less than others for different things but I'm glad they're sorting it out!
  • pweisacuntlickerpweisacuntlicker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh well, after buying both founders and spending few hundreds in zen, permanent ban for fusing exploit? lol ok. screw this broken game. There are still many exploiters running free from all the exploits. This game economy is permanently screwed.

The upcoming miracle patch? I really doubt PW capability to roll out such a massive patch that fixes every aspect of the game at one go. Be ready for tons of bugs broken **** and new exploits.

Enjoy all yr freeloader fanbase PW. Its yr lost to ban me. /bye
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    not only you bro, i Had my whole guild wipe out in a day because we tested the enchantment exploit before submitting a bug ticket. We now have been handed a permanent ban.The other people which had been exploiting for ages since launch and then distance themselves when these exploits became public by stopping for a day or two, with perfect vorpals are still ingame!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »
    not only you bro, i Had my whole guild wipe out in a day because we tested the enchantment exploit before submitting a bug ticket. We now have been handed a permanent ban.The other people which had been exploiting for ages since launch and then distance themselves when these exploits became public by stopping for a day or two, with perfect vorpals are still ingame!

ROFL! Your entire guild had to "test" the exploit?

That's got to be the dumbest guild ever.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited June 2013
    perfect, then I expect that my temporary ban becomes permanent, for sure I will not return to play again
  • pwskballpwskball Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    ROFL! Your entire guild had to "test" the exploit?

That's got to be the dumbest guild ever.

Yea because curiosity is hard to stem.When someone post it on the guild or zone channel, people tend to want to try it out. To see if something is real or just plain rumor. Its not the entire guild had to "test" the exploit.
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /signed , my father and some of my friends have been temporarily banned for fusing expoit runes and still have not heard when they will play. The customer service seems is death.

I hope they permban your father and your loser exploiting friends. Sweet role models it sounds like you have.

Then you complain about Cryptic Customer Service rather than your POS friends/family.

Do everyone a favor and smarten up and play straight or join those other cheaters on another game.
    edited June 2013
    all of my friends have tested the bug of the runes (several times) but only me was banned.
    my son is sleeping now
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    pwskball wrote: »

Yeah just like bank robbers test out the money they stole.

Good to hear your POS cheating guild is banned.
    edited June 2013
    perfect, then I expect that my temporary ban becomes permanent, for sure I will not return to play again

don't let the door smack you in your rear on the way out
    edited June 2013
    Still no email for me, hoping temporary stays that way! ^^;