test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Nerf Incoming

shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So it looks like our class will soon be broken. Today we can easily out-dps any baddie we come across, but once the big patch hits we will be generating 35% more threat. Are you kidding me Cryptic? How do you expect us to put out decent DPS if we're pulling more threat than anyone else?? Goodbye combat advantage, you shall be missed. Just wish I knew exactly why Cryptic hates us so much.
Post edited by shadok92 on

Comments

• Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    r o f l m a o

10/10 So good.
  • Options
    janetsnakeholejanetsnakehole Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good, I'm tired of tanking as a trickster rogue for you baddies, stop crying
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Good, I'm tired of tanking as a trickster rogue for you baddies, stop crying

Standing in the red near a Guardian Fighter isn't the same as tanking.
  • Options
    janetsnakeholejanetsnakehole Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do and take more damage than any Guardian Fighter I run with, because all GF's in the game are terrible.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    All GF's are terrible, so you stand in red?
  • Options
    greygusgreygus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the heck is that a nerf? Everyone was wanting an increase to threat when it comes to us gfs, stop moaning because now y'all are going to have to learn to play a tank now, and learn to block. If you wish to play pure dps then build one such as a thief or gwf lol. The patch doesn't seem to be a nerf at all, the community wanted more threat generated by the tank and now the devs have listened.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Lol. kind of a surprising if not bizarre perspective there shadok:)
  • Options
    rudolphobhrudolphobh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure the first post was completely sarcastic. Just saying...
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol not bad
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why did they nerf the real tank aggro?
    How are clerics to keep aggro now -__- if we generate that much of it?
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    armunn1armunn1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was under the impression that a tanks job was to mitigate dmg,not be on the top of dmg charts. so you see?,it cant be a nerf after all
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This thread delivers with the O.p's sarcastic post and people are num, num, num, chewing on dat bone.

Chew It!!
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    10/10 would watch these fools get trolled again.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nicely Done.
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Win /tenchar
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The funny thing is they stealth nerfed us last patch and I don't think anyone else noticed.

Into the fray was giving 150% of the casting Guardian fighter's AP gain. It now gives exactly 15%.
    So for me at least it went from a ~54% increase in AP gain to 15%... that's massive.

The notes make no mention that IttF was providing more AP gain than intended, only that they no longer stack.

You can still see it on the test shard, it has the old functionality.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This has to be a joke post right? ><
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yea lol how are we gona survive all that extra agro?

We are like the 2nd class rogues of the game.

Shoulda buffed our guard more then 20%. Gona be a lot of guardian soulstones around.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guard didn't get buffed 20%, it has 20% more mitigation vs the large telegraphed attacks. There is a big difference.
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    simkinfool wrote: »
    Guard didn't get buffed 20%, it has 20% more mitigation vs the large telegraphed attacks. There is a big difference.

k 30%.

10% base, plus that thing u said.

So 80% buffed. and 110% more effective.

Still gona be more soulstones.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    simkinfool wrote: »
    The funny thing is they stealth nerfed us last patch and I don't think anyone else noticed.

Into the fray was giving 150% of the casting Guardian fighter's AP gain. It now gives exactly 15%.
    So for me at least it went from a ~54% increase in AP gain to 15%... that's massive.

The notes make no mention that IttF was providing more AP gain than intended, only that they no longer stack.

You can still see it on the test shard, it has the old functionality.

bleh stealth nerfs are suck..

Yea noticed mine was giving 40% or so prepatch, and yea heavily nerfed now =/

It's so unfair they even nerfed it at all.

The reason it got nerfed is because of an oversight on a set bonus. One bug that caused an unrelated hasty nerf to happen, its just bad design.

Other classes are lucky they have no bugged sets, else they wil get there main abilities nerfed too.

3-5x guardians WITHOUT prepatcha knights set, was NOT op.. Was a pretty gimp group. Fray did not deserve a single nerf.

It's like if clerics healing sets stacked too strongly, and so to fix it they nerfed all clerics healing.. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    if groups didnt take GF in the first place, then i don't see them being missed.
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I realize this thread is sarcastic, but you still get combat advantage whether the mobs are looking at you or not, so long as someone else is on the opposite side.

And if we're getting hit more, it just means more up-time on Combat Superiority for +15% damage.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GF. I want the threat on me, OP you are confused as to what a tank is.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Shadok has it right. I have a well-geared GF alt but I haven't been playing it due to spending time testing my cleric main. In any case, my friend, who runs a full Timeless GF, is having to basically completely regear and respec. We ran some dungeons on test with him doing DPS and he just gets flattened, died at least 2x as much as anyone else in the party, because he pulls all the aggro just with DPS skills and then gets stomped during Astral Shield 5 second downtime.

It might be that you would be ok if you stopped using Enforced Threat and just stick to Lunging/Anvil/Frontline or even drop Frontline or Knights Challenge if you don't want to hit any extra mobs and draw aggro. Of course, Cleave will hit all those extra mobs anyway, but one can at least hope that wouldn't override all the other damage coming in from other players.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also, just adding a 35% across the board threat increase to a class is incredibly sloppy and frankly, ridiculous. There is no basis for it. Threat should be built using specific skills, not coding that tells mobs to attack a GF just because it's a GF. I mean, I don't expect any better from the awful devs of this game, so I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    penpenstarpenpenstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    in most extreme cases, we sacrifice encounter CD and some other 5-feat to get plate agility and shield defense from protector.

anyway i don't mind tanking a little more, i have yet to test my gf on the test since we are also testing our DC adjustments. I usually just run around and wait for a big hit to block (for massive AP gain with ITF) whenever my cleric dies in a fight, then using fighters recov to fully heal my hp from basically nothing to full in just one enforced or frontline (if im using it) which will be enough to buy enough time for my cw to conjure singularity or for the DC to get back.

these are my usual tanking values in the current state of the game (i dont die here in this dungeon tho)
    karrunim.jpg
    karrun.jpg

i'm hoping to have better values in Immovable and still get decent dps out but hopefully not to the point where i have to die ahead of everyone else, maybe i'll try checking it later.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol how is this a nerf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wompoo1wompoo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rudolphobh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the first post was completely sarcastic. Just saying...

I would say you are completely correct myself, a tongue in cheek comment by the OP. I smiled, have people forgotten how to laugh.
  • Options
    ph235ph235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OP just nailed it. That was an awesome representation of how ppl reacts for every single changes around here. And i was also enjoy reading the replies which pretty much proved the same.
    Thx OP.... you made my day. :D

for others: grow some... well... sense of humour