test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric Officially Dead After Patch!

13»

Comments

• Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    I just worry that when I return for the new content, that our group tank will be overwhelmed and slaughtered while I throw my hands up in the air, and head-bang my keyboard for being able to do nothing about it.
    Low DPS + Multiple Heal options = Healer Class
    Non-existent heals + Low DPS = Class not worth playing
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    i am an electrical engineer, lol.

since your post is nothing more than a poor attempt at insulting me, i dont really have much else to reply to.

and I'm a microbiologist. Your point?
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    grienne wrote: »
    and I'm a microbiologist. Your point?

my only point right now is that i am actually telling the truth, lol.
  • Options
    griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yult wrote: »
    No, not really. I live in the cleric forums and there has been next to zero meaningful suggestions for how to replace AS's utility. Pretty much every suggestion is trash, and that's because pretty much every power we have is trash except for AS.

There have been a few really huge threads including that big nerf/bug thread and the suggestions thread that had some really awesome points in it imo
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    llfritzll wrote: »
    my only point right now is that i am actually telling the truth, lol.

given that you seem to not realize you can test multiple variables at a time, I don't think so friend.
  • Options
    llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    given that you seem to not realize you can test multiple variables at a time, I don't think so friend.

im not your friend, buddy. -and if you dont get the reference, oh well.

also, anyone familiar with lab work or gathering data will tell you that it is not a good habit to change multiple major variables at the same time.

we are not talking about something so simple as solving a linear equation where you can get multiple answers simultaneously. you need to gather data for each individual major change or you asking for mistakes in your calculations.

anyhow, I am not going to spend my entire night trying to explain things they should have taught you in high school science classes.
    believe as you will, i obviously am not going to change your mind.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just worry that when I return for the new content, that our group tank will be overwhelmed and slaughtered while I throw my hands up in the air, and head-bang my keyboard for being able to do nothing about it.
    Low DPS + Multiple Heal options = Healer Class
    Non-existent heals + Low DPS = Class not worth playing

This is a concern for me as well. Many GFs will have to re-spec i think to be able to survive the upcoming load of damage. When testing the dmg was obscene, almost too much. But i think the other paragon trees which are much more defensive in nature and tanky will now become viable options, perhaps even preferred. Which is good, thats a good thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    once you leave high school and can handle more complex situations let me know friend.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    This is a concern for me as well. Many GFs will have to re-spec i think to be able to survive the upcoming load of damage. When testing the dmg was obscene, almost too much. But i think the other paragon trees which are much more defensive in nature and tanky will now become viable options, perhaps even preferred. Which is good, thats a good thing.

yeah my friend went pure tank and while you can still get chomped up hard, it is a bit more manageable
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013

Hey, I'm all about a traditional sword and board taunt to keep the agro from me, but when you've got agro dealing 2-4k a hit, and mobs of them, with your tank without a damage reduction for five seconds, even if you have Hallowed Ground up, there's nothing you can do shy of having them stack potions or heal stones. Even with two GF's pulling agro from one another back and forth, (as we've done in other games) somebody's gonna die if the healer has no worthwhile spells.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I'm all about a traditional sword and board taunt to keep the agro from me, but when you've got agro dealing 2-4k a hit, and mobs of them, with your tank without a damage reduction for five seconds, even if you have Hallowed Ground up, there's nothing you can do shy of having them stack potions or heal stones. Even with two GF's pulling agro from one another back and forth, (as we've done in other games) somebody's gonna die if the healer has no worthwhile spells.

No doubt. Agreed. In testing i barley survived and went through tons of potions in a T2... But, i use the common dps build atm. We just wont know till the update and the respecs. But yah, with reduced healing, all that threat. ..... ewwww. It just got alot harder to play a GF as if they werent hard enough to play already. Regardless, i think this class balance certainly solidifies there role in end game groups..... If we can survive.:p
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited June 2013
    FROM NOW ON CLERIC PET > NORMAL CLERic
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well all I can say is , farm your CN untill it's not too late .
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LoL @ OP look at your name.... and try telling me you weren't just asking for a nerf.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    We have a great tank, but that might not be enough. And like most good tanks I know and have played with, his tolerance level for stupidity of game fundamentals isn't high, and I expect it to be a brief return before he gives it up the game entirely as lame Dev's at work. Why aren't they considering a displacement with one of the other healer's feats as a viable option to give us SOMETHING!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What seems to be missing with clerics is divine spells. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have a large variety of healing spells, group healing, direct healing. And armor. Why aren't clerics allowed to wear full plate and use a shield? Clerics aren't clerics in this game. In fact, no classes really resemble there traditional versions and basic concepts of these builds. I think a trip back to 2nd ed or 3.0/3.5. Even a more direct version of 4.0 would iron out most of the class based issues. If it aint broke. Dont fix it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What seems to be missing with clerics is divine spells. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have a large variety of healing spells, group healing, direct healing. And armor. Why aren't clerics allowed to wear full plate and use a shield? Clerics aren't clerics in this game. In fact, no classes really resemble there traditional versions and basic concepts of these builds. I think a trip back to 2nd ed or 3.0/3.5. Even a more direct version of 4.0 would iron out most of the class based issues. If it aint broke. Dont fix it.

What I wouldn't give for traditional full plate, Blunt weapon/buckler and a decent array of instant target/group heals and buffs, (bless, Death Ward, etc) with a key to roll through friendly targets and sanctuary as a daily. I do ok with single heals currently, (even with the lousy single-heal targeting, which is more likely to heal your pet than your target) but they are ineffectual at T2, and shouldn't be. This is in direct contrast with any ED starting with 2nd, and makes our class a useless single spell heal bot and agro collector.
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Isn't it possible that this is partly due to the fact that everyone is using a DPS spec at the moment?

Stop talking sense! How dare you bring that onto the forums, you make me sick!

Seriously though, please fix Healing word and bastion of health!
    On the test server we found using GWF as OT and GF as MT works fairly well now, OT tends to be troubleshooting fairly often but works out fine. This is a permade group however... and I am unsure how pugs will cope as they may have to talk to one and other in text!
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    What I wouldn't give for traditional full plate, Blunt weapon/buckler and a decent array of instant target/group heals and buffs, (bless, Death Ward, etc) with a key to roll through friendly targets and sanctuary as a daily. I do ok with single heals currently, (even with the lousy single-heal targeting, which is more likely to heal your pet than your target) but they are ineffectual at T2, and shouldn't be. This is in direct contrast with any ED starting with 2nd, and makes our class a useless single spell heal bot and agro collector.

Clerics were also darn good fighters in there own right. That also seems to be missing. You dont want to be messing with a cleric that wields a war-hammer with spiritual hammer cast on it, and magic weapon cast on it, wearing full plate. Thats nasty business there.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Clerics were also darn good fighters in there own right. That also seems to be missing. You dont want to be messing with cleric with a war-hammer with spiritual hammer cast on it, and magic weapon cast on it, wearing full plate. Thats nasty business there.

I chose the cleric class because I expected to be able to heal or smite some hos with divine wrath because thats what every cleric has been able to do, instead mediocre/bland healing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dee pee ess :/
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I chose the cleric class because I expected to be able to heal or smite some hos with divine wrath because thats what every cleric has been able to do, instead mediocre/bland healing and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dee pee ess :/

Its a whole new experience for me. Ive been having to "unlearn" what its taken me decades to learn about D&D core rules and backbone ideologies. Its an MMO. Which to me only means lots of players play it and its online. Apparently MMO means a whole different style, all different mechanics. I doubt ill ever fully engage with this recent gaming concept.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Clerics were also darn good fighters in there own right. That also seems to be missing. You dont want to be messing with a cleric that wields a war-hammer with spiritual hammer cast on it, and magic weapon cast on it, wearing full plate. Thats nasty business there.

Agreed there, but I tried a full-bore DPS spec here, and was unimpressed. I think a 30 lvl CW does more damage, as I could only get to about 6.5k+/-.

Ahh... a DWARVEN cleric mind you with a +4 Dwarven Thrower against some of these epic (giant-sized) bosses... Nah.. they'd never do it as everyone would be screaming OP!! Nice thought though!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Its a whole new experience for me. Ive been having to "unlearn" what its taken me decades to learn about D&D core rules and backbone ideologies. Its an MMO. Which to me only means lots of players play it and its online. Apparently MMO means a whole different style, all different mechanics. I doubt ill ever fully engage with this recent gaming concept.

I have played a healer on so many MMOs lol, I expected something that was a mix of chloromancer in the dealing of dmg to generate heals with a mix of pure clericy goodness from the NWN playbook.

There are a few more paragons left, Radiant Servant being the DPS one if I remember right, maybe that will be the saving grace? Hope??
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Agreed there, but I tried a full-bore DPS spec here, and was unimpressed. I think a 30 lvl CW does more damage, as I could only get to about 6.5k+/-.

Ahh... a DWARVEN cleric mind you with a +4 Dwarven Thrower against some of these epic (giant-sized) bosses... Nah.. they'd never do it as everyone would be screaming OP!! Nice thought though!

Dwarven thrower. That brings back very fond memories. One of the more outstanding weapons ever imo.
  • Options
    okoko1plokoko1pl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.

The probles is not:
    Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.
    Real problem is:
    AS recharge not increasing after up. recovery...

I rised my recovery from 3500 to 5500 (my gs is 11500), and i got only 1 second more...
    Cleric is realy dead now

and what about zen spended for that class? i have no words...

We have now consequence after patch and it's very bad for game - after few weeks of game in dungeons when i never had problems in queues (i played about 12 hours each day) - waited no longer than 5 min, now i waited many times more than 1 hour!!!
    So i think that changes are not only bad for clerics, but for game too... game is dead. Im thinking about leaving this game if they will not do something with relation between recovery and recharge.

Sorry for gramathic, im not eng.