test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How can I beat CW as a TR? when SE is nerf by 60%

Comments

• celusioscelusios Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yet another game that listens to the tears to nerf a ability. There was nothing wrong with SE. CW just did not like being killed. I would like for a CW to tell me how it's currently fair TR vs CW? Two equally skilled players of TR and CW I guarantee a CW wins everytime. IT's not their damage that needs a nerf... its the insane amount of ****ing stuns and debuffs mixed with their ability to just easily blink away out of melee range... mixed in with our lack of gap closers and movement stuns. Not skill locks.
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No one is supposed to be able to beat CW's. Didn't you read the patch notes? The already most OP PvP class is becoming a bit stronger. My advise Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Uninstall Neverwinter if you like to PvP. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because I like the foundry..
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
    edited June 2013
    killz2many wrote: »
    No one is supposed to be able to beat CW's. Didn't you read the patch notes? The already most OP PvP class is becoming a bit stronger. My advise Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Uninstall Neverwinter if you like to PvP. Only reason I haven't quit yet is because I like the foundry..

I can see that. CW is the one class that can beat any of them. However, they'll argue, "NO GWF CAN BEAT US!". Honestly... GWF is so **** weak it's not even fair for those players in my opinion.

Also which patch notes? Cause they constantly spam small little 3 fix patches in that section.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im going to line this out for you about the patch.

What got Nerfed:
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Two Control Wizards can no longer apply two separate stacks of the debuff on a single target if one uses the Spell Mastery version and one does not. The DoT is still applied by each Wizard individually, however.
    Steal Time: The Movement buff granted by this power no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
    Steal Time: This power now grants one Arcane Mastery stack per cast, instead of the number of enemies hit.
    Storm Pillar: The damage dealt by the summoned pillar has been slightly reduced.
    Sudden Storm: This power no longer deals 10 Physical damage in addition to normal damage.
    Feat: Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth now heals for less, but affects maximum health rather than current health.
    Feat: Destructive Wizardry: This power now requires Storm Pillar to be charged at least halfway to activate.
    Feat: Masterful Arcane Theft: The damage bonus from this feat has been reduced
    Feat: Reaper's Touch: This feat's effectiveness has been reduced.
    Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat no longer increases the damage of Lightning-based powers. It now correctly only affects Cold powers.

Wow.. thats alot of nerfs... Now to the buffs:

Chill may now stack on control-immune NPCs, but does not snare or freeze them.
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The Shard can no longer be destroyed by certain attacks.
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Queuing another power while casting no longer puts the power on cooldown without creating the Shard.
    Storm Pillar: The damage radius of the normal cast has been slightly increased.
    Storm Pillar: Ranking up this power now increases the time the summoned pillar lasts.
    Sudden Storm: The DoT now deals more damage.
    Feat: Prestidigitation: This feat now also increases movement speed.

Hmmm so a few buffs...|

Id say hands down though the CW got nerfed pretty decent here... Id say maybe we should read other players fixes as well as your own and then TRY it out before making up a decision...
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »

What got Nerfed:
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Two Control Wizards can no longer apply two separate stacks of the debuff on a single target if one uses the Spell Mastery version and one does not. The DoT is still applied by each Wizard individually, however.
    Steal Time: The Movement buff granted by this power no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
    Steal Time: This power now grants one Arcane Mastery stack per cast, instead of the number of enemies hit.
    Storm Pillar: The damage dealt by the summoned pillar has been slightly reduced.
    Sudden Storm: This power no longer deals 10 Physical damage in addition to normal damage.
    Feat: Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth now heals for less, but affects maximum health rather than current health.
    Feat: Destructive Wizardry: This power now requires Storm Pillar to be charged at least halfway to activate.
    Feat: Masterful Arcane Theft: The damage bonus from this feat has been reduced
    Feat: Reaper's Touch: This feat's effectiveness has been reduced.
    Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat no longer increases the damage of Lightning-based powers. It now correctly only affects Cold powers.

Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The Shard can no longer be destroyed by certain attacks.
    Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Queuing another power while casting no longer puts the power on cooldown without creating the Shard.
    Storm Pillar: Ranking up this power now increases the time the summoned pillar lasts.

Hmmm so a few buffs...|

Id say hands down though the CW got nerfed pretty decent here... Id say maybe we should read other players fixes as well as your own and then TRY it out before making up a decision...

Now, i'd point out the biggest nerf I've seen..

Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.

The ONE ability that wrecked a CW has been nerfed. With all the huge amounts of stuns, debuffs, and slow downs... how will anyone even compete? A cleric can't beat you, a rogue obviously can't anymore, a GWF has a chance if he's good enough. This Shocking Execution is the dumbest nerf I've ever seen. It's completely driven by people crying.
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    agbadehan wrote: »
    But... if you're approaching appropriately from stealth they honestly shouldn't really see it coming. If you walk right up to the CW, stealth and try to do anything the CW probably deserves the dead TR they're gonna have on their hands.

CW can dash out of Lashing hearing the sound only. The damage doesnt come until after the animation is over, which is well after the sound from the skill, the damage is added almost a second after the animation.
    So its skill animation start >sound> skill animation ends> half a second> damage.
    I posted about it on the rogue forum
    laudon1 wrote: »
    try SE on the test realm. You won't notice any nerf

My SE Live to Test went from 18k to 11k crit, so its noticable
    sinbius wrote: »
    I don't have tested a lot smoke bomb but CW can teleport out of it before it daze him...Can You confirm or deny pls? (I may be wrong but that happened to me several times and I have heard the same story too)

Yea you throw it on floor, and CW jsut dash out of it and CC you.
    CW nerfs

One annoying thing is CW can hit through walls, you cant use LoS to avoid damage so you get cced behind a pillar your hiding at. Also that CW can cc with ST skills on rogues they cant see.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You could always just stealth smoke bomb them and kill them before they leave it.

Pretty easy.
    edited June 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    You could always just stealth smoke bomb them and kill them before they leave it.

Pretty easy.

They can teleport out of that.
    edited June 2013
    celusios wrote: »

Maybe if you run up to them slowly and cast it... obviously they'll teleport away first.
    edited June 2013
    Maybe if you run up to them slowly and cast it... obviously they'll teleport away first.

You're not understanding, they can literally warp out of it.. like, I mean you throw it on them and they're out.
  • uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    As a lvl60 pvp can someone give me tip on how can I touch a wizard without letting it away from my melee range. CW can teleport every sec and almost instantly by 3 or 4 consecutive teleport. that's too hard to get close to them also because of their debuffs skills or stun skills. I know Shocking execution's damage is too much but decreasing its base damage by 60% is also way too much the only way I kill a CW is SE then lashing blade because if i fail to 1 or 2 shots them....no more chance to get close to them. Any tips on how to beat a CW as a rogue?

throw knives, use the perma stealth build :s im not tr or cw but this is how rogue's in my guild kill everyone w/o a healer(normlly no healer on backcap which is where your suppose to be)
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
    edited June 2013
    You're not understanding, they can literally warp out of it.. like, I mean you throw it on them and they're out.

For the first like 0.75 seconds after you drop it yes.

But again if you run up to them stealthed they rarely react to that in time.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013

You can't teleport out of smoke bomb. Seriously do you even understand your own abilities?
    edited June 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You can't teleport out of smoke bomb. Seriously do you even understand your own abilities?

He's talking about the small window when it's first layed down, the actualy effect doesn't start for a fraction of a second, so if you're not surprising anyone with it they can just dodge away before it starts.

Atleast I think he's talking about that.
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You can use 1 daze ability, blink and impossible to catch. Timing also matters for dodging their abilities. Also use Luker's Assault daily. Try to use your abilities after their first 2-3 dodges that they do to earn space so you get a dps advantage. Sneak attack and Skillful Infiltrator helps for reaching out to them. You can swap Sneak Attack for Invisible Infiltrator when your daily is up.

But I don't think it matters right now, cause the current pvp system is not 1vs1 based. So even if you can't beat them, wouldn't really matter.

The pvp rewards can be farmed quite fast on this game, after that I don't know why would you care as much.
    edited June 2013

Obviously you have never played a TR. Please go back and read the conversation to understand it more, I'll hint you on it has to do with a delay.
    He's talking about the small window when it's first layed down, the actualy effect doesn't start for a fraction of a second, so if you're not surprising anyone with it they can just dodge away before it starts.

Atleast I think he's talking about that.

Exactly, there is like a second window. As you said you could lay it down in stealth as well. So let's go on a limb and say I manage to smoke bomb him... even my burst damage won't take him out. However, after that initial start period he will be able to stun, debuff, and slow me down the entire fight. Not to mention the range a CW has is tremendous in comparison to other MMO's. But that's beyond the point, the damage is fine honestly and range makes sense. I just don't understand why they get an immense amount of debuffs, slow downs, and stuns.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited June 2013
    Obviously you have never played a TR. Please go back and read the conversation to understand it more, I'll hint you on it has to do with a delay.

Exactly, there is like a second window. As you said you could lay it down in stealth as well. So let's go on a limb and say I manage to smoke bomb him... even my burst damage won't take him out. However, after that initial start period he will be able to stun, debuff, and slow me down the entire fight. Not to mention the range a CW has is tremendous in comparison to other MMO's. But that's beyond the point, the damage is fine honestly and range makes sense. I just don't understand why they get an immense amount of debuffs, slow downs, and stuns.

Well if you actually read the patch notes you would see that our debuffing potential is being nerfed greatly. You act as if TRs don't have multiple ways to silence their target (i.e. CC). TRs move faster than any other class, have stealth, can break out of CCs, and have great burst. Oh, and you can also dodge most of our attacks quite easily.

Hell quite a few rogues are just stacking tenebrous enchants and range ganking people without even leaving stealth. Talk about an unfair advantage there.
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Well if you actually read the patch notes you would see that our debuffing potential is being nerfed greatly. You act as if TRs don't have multiple ways to silence their target (i.e. CC). TRs move faster than any other class, have stealth, can break out of CCs, and have great burst. Oh, and you can also dodge most of our attacks quite easily.

Hell quite a few rogues are just stacking tenebrous enchants and range ganking people without even leaving stealth. Talk about an unfair advantage there.

Just to point out a few things... Actually GWF is the fastest class which is probably why you have the most problem dealing them them. Rogues are actually quite slow. We have 1 move to remove cc. We have no roots so we you can just walk away when we daze you. You can damage us when we stealth which will actually remove our stealth. Also you can see us after we get close to you even when we're stealthed. And we have 2 dodges. Just like priests....

Honestly, I have no problems with CR owing TR as long as they're being owned by GWFs. It's like RPS. Just don't talk about TR like we're some sort of crazy invincible godlike killing machine.

And doesn't everyone use Tenebrous in PvP?
  • xippinxippin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »

What got Nerfed:
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.Nerf
    Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.Nerf
    Ray of Enfeeblement: Two Control Wizards can no longer apply two separate stacks of the debuff on a single target if one uses the Spell Mastery version and one does not. The DoT is still applied by each Wizard individually, however.Fix. No other debuff in the game stacks, why would this?
    Steal Time: The Movement buff granted by this power no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.Fix
    Steal Time: This power now grants one Arcane Mastery stack per cast, instead of the number of enemies hit.Fix
    Storm Pillar: The damage dealt by the summoned pillar has been slightly reduced.Nerf
    Sudden Storm: This power no longer deals 10 Physical damage in addition to normal damage.Nerf
    Feat: Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth now heals for less, but affects maximum health rather than current health.Nerf
    Feat: Destructive Wizardry: This power now requires Storm Pillar to be charged at least halfway to activate.Fix
    Feat: Masterful Arcane Theft: The damage bonus from this feat has been reducedNerf
    Feat: Reaper's Touch: This feat's effectiveness has been reduced.Nerf
    Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat no longer increases the damage of Lightning-based powers. It now correctly only affects Cold powers.Fix

Hmmm so a few buffs...|

NERF = Reduction in the overall power of a class in an effort to put said class onto a level playing field with other classes.

Fix = Fixing something that wasn't supposed to work the way it was in the first place.

That put's it at 7 ACTUAL nerfs. And 7 Buffs.

The rest are all fixes! What are you complaining about?
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    throw knives, use the perma stealth build :s im not tr or cw but this is how rogue's in my guild kill everyone w/o a healer(normlly no healer on backcap which is where your suppose to be)

This right here. With the proper gear+enchants, you can kill with 12 daggers.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This right here. With the proper gear+enchants, you can kill with 12 daggers.
    Infact with lurker's assault up, you won't even need to use all 12 daggers.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xippin wrote: »
    NERF = Reduction in the overall power of a class in an effort to put said class onto a level playing field with other classes.

Fix = Fixing something that wasn't supposed to work the way it was in the first place.

That put's it at 7 ACTUAL nerfs. And 7 Buffs.

The rest are all fixes! What are you complaining about?

You obviously dont play a CW.

Ray of enfeeb standard tabbed PVP skill. Major Nerf. Massive Nerf

Steal time Standard skill for PWE reduced the stacks by 4. Each stack gives 3% stacked damage so 12% less damage. Nerfed much.

So the two major skills we use r nerfed that combined with the fact shard sucks and no one uses sudden storm because IT DOES NOT CRIT. Storm pillar is also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because its best results are when you charge it and stand in the one spot.

If you dont play a class dont comment on it
  • twistingfatematetwistingfatemate Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have to jump, go into stealth, lashing blade, and smoke bomb. Easiest way. EVEN if they blink away, they'll still be silenced. (Coming from someone with both styles @60.)
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    You obviously dont play a CW.

Ray of enfeeb standard tabbed PVP skill. Major Nerf. Massive Nerf

Steal time Standard skill for PWE reduced the stacks by 4. Each stack gives 3% stacked damage so 12% less damage. Nerfed much.

So the two major skills we use r nerfed that combined with the fact shard sucks and no one uses sudden storm because IT DOES NOT CRIT. Storm pillar is also <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because its best results are when you charge it and stand in the one spot.

If you dont play a class dont comment on it

Stop whining - PvP Rogue got their daily skill nerfed by 60%. Our PvE at will got nerfed pretty much to oblivion. Duelist's furry will now give us 60% less crit severity and 50% less bleed damage. Now you will be able to kill everyone in PvP and probably be the highest DPS on PvE. Happy?
    edited June 2013
    horoture wrote: »
    Just to point out a few things... Actually GWF is the fastest class which is probably why you have the most problem dealing them them. Rogues are actually quite slow. We have 1 move to remove cc. We have no roots so we you can just walk away when we daze you. You can damage us when we stealth which will actually remove our stealth. Also you can see us after we get close to you even when we're stealthed. And we have 2 dodges. Just like priests....

Honestly, I have no problems with CR owing TR as long as they're being owned by GWFs. It's like RPS. Just don't talk about TR like we're some sort of crazy invincible godlike killing machine.

And doesn't everyone use Tenebrous in PvP?

Not everyone gets the opportunity to use tenebrous ranged attacks from stealth. TRs can literally kill someone before ever leaving stealth. TRs run faster than every other class without having to blow stamina so my original statement holds true.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    horoture wrote: »
    Stop whining - PvP Rogue got their daily skill nerfed by 60%. Our PvE at will got nerfed pretty much to oblivion. Duelist's furry will now give us 60% less crit severity and 50% less bleed damage. Now you will be able to kill everyone in PvP and probably be the highest DPS on PvE. Happy?

I'd bet you anything ice knife is next.

I can't help but wonder if it's a clever ploy to just get people to continue rolling new classes...
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
    edited June 2013

I don't know if I mentioned this, sorry if I didn't. I'm still in the 49 bracket since i'm only level 47. I'm strictly going off my own experiences at this level with CW. Along with watching PVP videos of TR vs CW. I may be a less credible resource I understand... but again it's my own experience thus far. And I've seen the smoke bombs be avoided in videos and didn't understand how it was done.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    quickest fix for any and all QQ'rs.... *uninstall
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    You have to jump, go into stealth, lashing blade, and smoke bomb. Easiest way. EVEN if they blink away, they'll still be silenced. (Coming from someone with both styles @60.)

I'd just roll off the bomb. It's completely useless in PvP apart from "filling" clerics' circles.
  • dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    I'd bet you anything ice knife is next.

I can't help but wonder if it's a clever ploy to just get people to continue rolling new classes...

If Ice Knife is nerfed, I'll use an Ice Storm, which crits for 14k pre-debuffs, is AoE and have a long knockback. Besides, RoE is being nerfed tho my top crit with IK is 41k now, with shadow weaver procs, used to be 48k. Without it (at range) - it's ~45k before, ~35k after the nerf.