test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best companion for cleric : what one are you using?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mudamudamudamudamudamuda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Panther is amazing. Once it's up passed lvl 15 it seems to keep aggro pretty well, and you can easily keep it alive being a healer (I would hope).

Panther also will just give you combat advantage without having to lift a finger.
  • Options
    valdavenvaldaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just quick question cause ive been browsing and cant find the answer. Is Cat and Ioun stone useable at same time and if not which is better for being spec'd pure healing. Whats the difference in the two?
  • Options
    deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Nope only either cat or ioun stone can be out with you at any time.

I read it somewhere in CB forum that the cat give +270 crit and +270 recovery while the ioun stone of allure gives +160 crit, +160 power and +160 recovery at their max rank.

I feel that the Defender companion is best when cleric is low level. Once you have forgemaster's flame, the Healer companion is awesome. At higher level when normal quest boss start spawning adds in solo dungeons, Defender companion is better again for tanking the quest boss coz DPS and Healer companions drop pretty fast. I haven't got Astral Shield yet so maybe the companion choice will change again when I got it.
  • Options
    difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was fortunate enough to have a group while leveling so I opted out for the Control Wizard companion. Though I don't think very useful except for it's knockback (that it uses randomly, whether or not mobs are around). As soon as I hit 60, I grabbed the Cat companion and haven't looked back.
  • Options
    fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cleric for leveling, ironically with our righteousness debuff, we can't heal ourselves well enough, and she helps to cover that. at 60 probably the Ioun stones or the cat.
  • Options
    virlovirlo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is very poor choice cleric companion for my devote cleric ?? , yesterday i'm very tired and make quest for first companion , take as quickly cleric and dont know what to do now ... buy next companion man in arms and dissmis cleric ??
  • Options
    oxiactionoxiaction Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    ion stone or cat - what esle u want.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    virlo wrote: »
    Is very poor choice cleric companion for my devote cleric ?? , yesterday i'm very tired and make quest for first companion , take as quickly cleric and dont know what to do now ... buy next companion man in arms and dissmis cleric ??

Read above: in fact, directly above your own post. Cleric companion is fine: we have gimpy self-healing, so extra heals help.

Mostly, you'll get by just fine with any of the companions on offer.

Also, you can have multiple companions, just not more than one summoned at once. And the default ones only level to 15, so you'll have plenty of time to level up several to pick from, if you so choose.
  • Options
    koralis7koralis7 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dog simply can't take the abuse and doesn't do enough damage to justify its short existence. Man-at-Arms can (usually.) Thinking about trying to level a wayward wizard just to see if it can tie things up enough for me to take them down., and hopefully stay out of the AoEs.
  • Options
    pois0nmanpois0nman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have just started a cleric and am lv 20.

I have a few classes and I thought I would try out the Wayward Wizard and so far I am impressed. So much so I think it is idead for the Cleric, the added AOE is awesome!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cleric companion is the best up to level 60. It is the onlz companion which get not weaker in higher levels., because the heal is based on the max hp. The healing is very good, because the cleric need to mount lesser heal ability and can focus on damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Leveling I prefer a tank companion, but since I've been finishing a lot of zones I outleveled in route to 60, I have just been using whatever companion I need to rank up. Of course this is not necessary since you can simply swap companions before turning in quests...so I guess that makes defenders my preferred.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    gelatin1gelatin1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found that the man-at-arms allows you to clear 100% of the solo content. I see no reason to use any other outside of group play.
  • Options
    deathrus1deathrus1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been using the Wayward Wizard. I am 55 now.

He's good at;
    Clearing Trash while solo, goes well with daunting light.

I am so use to tanking, that I don't mind, though he dies easy sometimes one hit.

I decided againts the man-at-arms becuase people told me he has bad pathing and sometimes doesn't attack properly.

The cleric I would try next simply becuase of our de-buff.

I iam looking foward to the Ion stone ( cheaper) and the cat. Haven't decided which 60 companion for solo yet.
  • Options
    ghostravynghostravyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    For my cleric and wizard I am using Ioun stones. For my second cleric I am using the Phoena and really liking its aoe damage. I think as cleric I would have loved the Galeb due, but I had the panther mount level most of the way up. By the time I grabbed oil' stony I had already shifted to PVP as my main leveling device. I think Ioun Stone is the way to go with the CWs because I don't really need a tank, a second dps or a cleric. Pure stat buffs all the way, please! I'm just kinda bummed the pets don't come into PVP with us though.
    Corrupted Souls, Mindflayer server
    uKc2R.gif
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    u kidding me? lol
    9252744487_9a3057d260_o.jpg
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I used Man at Arms for leveling. Sped right through.

After dinging 60 changed to Ioun stone of allure.