test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gauntlgrym Trailer

Comments

• Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    locking pve content behind pvp is a bad idea, always has been.

and no i have 0 problems if pvp people could get instant max lvl for pvp if they could not enter pve areas with said characters.
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    It appears that the PVE component of Gauntlgrym is 5 man epic dungeons, can anyone clarify here?

It doesn't even look like you can queue with 20 people into the PvP either.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    It appears that the PVE component of Gauntlgrym is 5 man epic dungeons, can anyone clarify here?

It doesn't even look like you can queue with 20 people into the PvP either.

Not sure about that. Curious though. I find it hard to believe you go in 20 deeps then break into 5 parties but Ive seen another MMO do that so /shrugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Not sure about that. Curious though. I find it hard to believe you go in 20 deeps then break into 5 parties but Ive seen another MMO do that so /shrugs.

The PVP UI is still in 5 man format. I'd imagine you queue as a 5 man, it matches you with three other 5 mans, and then the four groups on the winning side are given access to the dungeon. The 'epic dungeon' wording does seem to suggest that it's a 5 man (as that is the current existing definition of 'epic dungeon'), and you can see two different 5 man groups standing at the last boss of each dungeon next to a DD chest.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PVE has a ton of content already. This is a pvp thing, get over it. The dungeon and rewards are for pvpers, can't they have something? What's with all of the complaining, people are so ungrateful. If you don't like pvp, then don't do it. If you don't like zen prices, then don't pay. Stop acting like you're entitled to everything and it must be to your liking. There are other people playing this game you know?

****, these forums are poisoned with whining little *****es...
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks awesome...
  • Options
    blargtarbakblargtarbak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking forward to mashing all those PvE cry babies muahahah
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    PVE has a ton of content already. This is a pvp thing, get over it. The dungeon and rewards are for pvpers, can't they have something? What's with all of the complaining, people are so ungrateful. If you don't like pvp, then don't do it. If you don't like zen prices, then don't pay. Stop acting like you're entitled to everything and it must be to your liking. There are other people playing this game you know?

****, these forums are poisoned with whining little *****es...

38483620.jpg
  • Options
    uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so many complaining i duno its like new fresh idea content with a mix of pvp and pve and people complain. There still the new zones / mod coming soon for pve. Games hardly been out that long and we're getting new content faster than i had thought so dont see the problem. If dont dont like it dont do it, the gear a still be up on the aution house anyway lol
  • Options
    terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ok, got some time now to get back into discussion and catch up to speed. I'll allow myself to skip the (very valid) points you make, let's say I mostly agree, and leave defining anger and the planes of emotions and rationality to people who moderate wikipedia rather than these forums (although I'd love to discuss the reality of rational vs emotional state of the human mind and how they interact). I'll just close my statement with this:
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    (...) I don't see the anger you do, (...)

That's the whole point - I don't see the anger here either, which is why I don't think my initial statement was ad hominem.
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vornin wrote: »
    So only PVPers get access to the new PVE Dungeon? Because if so then "Lol... really?"

They get access to a dungeon that drops loot that already exists. Don't like it? Don't do it. You can progress without it.
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    I don't like the having to PvP in order to run PvE content.

Seconded! And, I'd like to type that in all caps, but, for politeness's sake and by dint of heroic self restraint, I won't! ;)

Lottie
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    Ok, got some time now to get back into discussion and catch up to speed. I'll allow myself to skip the (very valid) points you make, let's say I mostly agree, and leave defining anger and the planes of emotions and rationality to people who moderate wikipedia rather than these forums (although I'd love to discuss the reality of rational vs emotional state of the human mind and how they interact). I'll just close my statement with this:

That's the whole point - I don't see the anger here either, which is why I don't think my initial statement was ad hominem.

Well, then we don't disagree that much and I apologize for not interpreting your intentions correctly and misreading what you said.
    It does remain to be seen however if other folks can't stop being giant pains in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and stop inciting flame and trolling :p because there is still some amazing lulcow milking going on in these threads. And attitudes from folks who really are summed up by this great one from john cleese.

tumblr_inline_mnpiy8QEqy1qz4rgp.gif

Personally, the idea of PVE and PVP combined so haphazardly is one that I don't think Cryptic can handle, it's a big undertaking and so far they've been underwhelming and under constant criticism, this I feel is just biting off more than they can chew.

People have pointed out the likelihood of people doing the third phase at all is low, I mean they've essentially taken the element of pve that folks hate "the competitive aspect" and made sure you CANNOT escape it in gauntlegrym.

So when folks say "Hey it's for us pvper master race" or something along those lines, I can't really argue because as a prominently pve orientated player who only pvp's when he's in the mood, and prefers to pvp in games that actually focus on it. I can't see the draw of the sudden "hey lets all now go from dungeon to pvp to winner stays on bigger dungeon, or pointless dungeon if you lose" design ethos.

That's just my personal preferences here on the matter, but I also feel it's bad game design either way.
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Forcing PvP on PvE and vice versa is not a good idea." (quorforged)

Indeed! And it would be my guess that many of those who don't/won't do PvP won't do any of the Gauntlgrym for that reason. And will feel at least some resentment at being locked out of legitimate PvE content. That's how I feel.

Lottie
  • Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    I see quite problem with this. If you have already good gear why would you bother run gauntlgrind other than for greed.. if you don't then you have no chance to win the pvp part to get into pve to get better items so you could fight equally.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    Anger, by definition, is an emotional response, not a rational one. I'll be able to address to read the rest of your post and maybe address other points later today, cheers.

True, anger is an emotional response. HOWEVER, being an emotional response does not, in many cases, mean it is an INVALID response.

Lottie
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Anger, by definition, is best served cold, with a side of chips and a pickle.

If you're being served cold anger, you should probably eat elsewhere. REVENGE on the other hand should be served chilled while being followed by a glass of champagne.
  • Options
    bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vornin wrote: »
    So only PVPers get access to the new PVE Dungeon? Because if so then "Lol... really?"

This is probably the dumbest post I have ever seen.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm looking to swap out some games I'm not going to play again for some stuff I would make use of. Up for trade I have:

1) Darkfall: Unholy Wars account - hardcore, full-loot, PvP-focused MMORPG good in both NA and EU but has no playtime remaining. $15 per month to play, but if you were planning to spend $40 on the initial purchase price this would save you $25 off that. There's a very low level character with some random items you can feel free to delete or use as you prefer.

2) Neverwinter Online - MMORPG game account with a level 60 rogue and about 150k Astral Diamonds, full set of epic PvP gear, lots of other assorted items and things.

3) Simcity (2013) Limited Edition + Deadspace 3 - 2x Origin accounts with these two games on it, and the associated hotmail accounst which were create specifically for them. Bought the copies of Simcity as preorders to play with gf but the launch of this game was not pretty, to be polite. On the other hand, they are up to patch 4.0 and I've heard its improved but I've got no desire to play now.

What I'm looking for:

1) GW2 account - I'd like to try the PvP in this game, doesn't matter what level the character is or anything like that.

2) TERA Online account - any with a level 60 character

3) TERA Online gold/items - would have to be on Mt. Tyrannus server, I've got a 43 priest I'm slowly leveling

4) Steam trades - open to whatever offers

5) Other offers - surprise me

If interested you can contact me at flapjackstack1@live.com (have Steam and Ventrilo as well) Thanks!

MkjPRva.gif

Trading/selling Accounts is a bannable offence.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh. My. God. Bugs man, you saved me from doing something really dumb. I had no idea.

Lol i sense sarcasm in this post XD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There might have been a little of it. Just a little.

Lol, but seriously...I have no problem with it...but it would suck if you traded an account and it was banned because you traded it.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Well let's see, launch is on June 20 so that/s 1/3 summer down. Probably about a month to recover from launch and fix up issues with Gauntl. I expect the module to come around sometime in August, definitely before the 19th so they don't have to compete with DDO :)

Not that long really.

The first day of summer is June 21st, so it definitely is not 1/3 of summer down. More like 1 day of summer down. LOL :cool:
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But you're not entitled to be opinionated.
    Calling folks children thus resorting to ad hominem for disagreeing with you, clearly shows that you are just that.

At what point did people lose the entitlement to be opinionated? You don't seem to have a problem with being opinionated in your evaluation of the poster you disagree with. I guess people are entitled to be opinionated after all, or does that entitlement only apply to you. A little pot, kettle, black going on here, eh?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I see nothing childish at this point of time in people showing some anger, it's a perfectly rational response, lets look at the bigger picture of just how many things have gone wrong since this game went into closed beta and then got exasperated when it hit open beta shall we?
    Emotional responses are not rational, never mind perfectly rational.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thank you spock.

Now back in reality, people get angry from time to time, it's a completely human response driven by many factors. There IS such a thing as irrational anger which I fully agree is childish, but you also justify a certain degree of anger when it has merit, especially when folks continually are made to feel like they're asking for A and being given X, Y and Z.
    That emotional responses exist and can be understood or justified due to the circumstances at hand does not make them rational. It just makes them emotional responses understood or justified.
    What was the entire point behind gauntlegryms design paradigms? what did they hope to accomplish? who were they making this for? Cos I certainly didn't ask for it, nor did I see countless threads screaming

"We demand that you create an "endgame" experience which combines your horribly imbalanced and incomplete PVP experience, with your underwhelming PVE experience, to create a "hambeast prime" of bad game design"

So what was the reason for this? :/ where's the logic man?
    It seems they wanted to greater integrate the PvE and PvP aspects of the game in this particular situation. They were obviously making it for the players of the game. Your sarcastic hyperbole is irrelevant as by the time it comes into place the PvP elements of the game will have been changed. As such, we can't evaluate the state of PvP at that time. Your evaluation of PvE is a personal issue, as many have stated they enjoy PvE. As to whether the game design is "bad", that's once again a personal value judgment shared by some and not be others.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    The first day of summer is June 21st, so it definitely is not 1/3 of summer down. More like 1 day of summer down. LOL :cool:

It's 110 degrees here, I hope it doesn't get hotter in summer...
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    as someone who enjoys both PVP and PVE, but skews a little more to the PVE side, it always amuses me that the so called "HARDCORE PEEVEEPEE RAWR" players, seem to always flock to MMOs that are built around PVE where PVP is an afterthought, rather than playing the MMOs that are designed for PVP.

and consistently they flock to the forums of said PVE-centric games to call PVE-Centric players "bad", "carebears" and the like, and consistently whine that said PVE-centric game is not focused enough on PVP.

it also amuses me when PVE-centric players stomp their feet and threaten to take their ball and go home, when even the slightest bit of meaningful PVP content is mixed in with their precious PVE and "Sit-in-a-Tavern" RP. naturally, they know full well that they aren't going anywhere, and it's just them throwing a temper tantrum, and it won't be nearly as bad as they are making it out to be.

These sorts of things play out in every MMO that there is that has a larger focus on PVE.

personally, I think Gauntlgrym is an interesting and unique concept, and I'm looking forward to trying it.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    also, PVPers, cut it out, man. Gauntlgrym is a 3 phase event, only ONE of which involves PVP.

so quit with the "ERMAGERD THIS IS A PEEVEEPEE THING YOUR BAD."

Gauntlgrym is a hybrid PVE/PVP event. Not just for PVPers.
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All the people crying about PvP I wonder if you are exploiters mad you can't wall-jump past your enemies to get to bosses as easily now.
  • Options
    haranded1haranded1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    waaaa..finally a new map for PVP'ers...ill hit 60 in 3 days..!!!