test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guide to Everything Cleric: What you need to know/have to solo heal everything PvE

Comments

• jpollard89jpollard89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hi im just curious, as you say aim for 2000 defence, do you use 2x defensive slot rings to get this or just boots & Chest with a higher azure rank than i can get?

what rings do you use? ^^
  • hidusxhidusx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jpollard89 wrote: »
    hi im just curious, as you say aim for 2000 defence, do you use 2x defensive slot rings to get this or just boots & Chest with a higher azure rank than i can get?

what rings do you use? ^^

I'm still running offensive rings however I swapped out my neck and belt for defense/deflect since all of my offensive stats are already at a good place. Ancient belts/necks are extremely cheap on the AH which is nice. I've currently got a defense enchant on my pet which I'm thinking about swapping for the +% stats shared. Don't forget you can get the purple pants with another defense enchant slot in it.
  • revealedrevealed Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is exceptionally well done, not only in content but layout and readability.
  • blomstenblomsten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

<snip>
    As a result of the above I would strongly suggest getting a stat distribution with 44 total primary/secondary stats and 10 or 11 intelligence. Choices are:
    Wis/Cha/Str/Int/Con/Dex
    • 17/14/13/10/10/10 (8% minimum RSI)
    • 16/16/12/10/10/10 (10% minimum RSI)
    • 16/15/13/11/11/9 (10% minimum RSI, what I'd choose on reroll)
    • 16/14/14/11/10/10 (9% minimum RSI, what I have on my cleric)
    <snip>

I have been trying to roll a human cleric with the 16/15/13/11/11/9 distribution and I have not succeeded yet. I saw on the Wiki that this particular distribution is not available for clerics (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score_Rolling).

I am unsure which combination I should take then (I consider the 16/16/12/10/10/10 for the higher recovery), which would you take if you should reroll and could not get the 16/15/13/11/11/9?

Edit: I ended up choosing 16/14/14 and putting +2 in charisma, so I could have good recover and still have a decent crit % from strength.

I still think it is bad that clerics are not able to roll some of the distributions in starting stats though, I hope Cryptic can fix this for the benefit of future clerics :)
  • casildarcasildar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wanted to say thanks.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    blomsten wrote: »
    I have been trying to roll a human cleric with the 16/15/13/11/11/9 distribution and I have not succeeded yet. I saw on the Wiki that this particular distribution is not available for clerics (http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Ability_Score_Rolling).

I am unsure which combination I should take then (I consider the 16/16/12/10/10/10 for the higher recovery), which would you take if you should reroll and could not get the 16/15/13/11/11/9?

Edit: I ended up choosing 16/14/14 and putting +2 in charisma, so I could have good recover and still have a decent crit % from strength.

I still think it is bad that clerics are not able to roll some of the distributions in starting stats though, I hope Cryptic can fix this for the benefit of future clerics :)

That is kind of irritating. Especially since clerics are already the only class that can't get +4 to primary/secondary stats on any race. Not to mention the fact that our itemization is garbage compared to Control Wizards, and I'm pretty sure TRs as well.

Anyway, sounds like you chose the setup I would have opted for. My cleric has 20/20/20 (13 Int) final stats and I'm pretty happy with it. The only change I might consider would be 18/22/20 but I don't think that makes enough of a difference one way or the other to justify a respec. I wouldn't want to reduce Charisma but I don't want it any higher either. I just find 20 is a nice comfortable spot where getting 33%+ recharge is easy but going much past 37-40% is just not worth it, imho.
  • sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    Actually, it is possible. Just look for the roll with 9 dex, only one of that:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12884954/DC_roll.jpg
  • naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sogronnwo wrote: »
    Actually, it is possible. Just look for the roll with 9 dex, only one of that:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12884954/DC_roll.jpg

Its not possible to roll 16/15/13/11/11/9 (WIS/CHA/STR/INT/CON/DEX),
    which is what blomsten meant.

The wiki uses slightly different table format, ie: 16/13/15/11/11/9 (WIS/STR/CHA/INT/CON/DEX),
    but they mean the same thing.
    Its easy to misunderstand because, somebody may use one format, over the other.

I guess Cryptic disabled this roll for devoted clerics.
    Or it could be a bug, that disabled it.

Either way, only Cryptic knows the reason.

Cheers! :)
    edited June 2013
    My bad then!
  • blomstenblomsten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is kind of irritating. Especially since clerics are already the only class that can't get +4 to primary/secondary stats on any race. Not to mention the fact that our itemization is garbage compared to Control Wizards, and I'm pretty sure TRs as well.

Anyway, sounds like you chose the setup I would have opted for. My cleric has 20/20/20 (13 Int) final stats and I'm pretty happy with it. The only change I might consider would be 18/22/20 but I don't think that makes enough of a difference one way or the other to justify a respec. I wouldn't want to reduce Charisma but I don't want it any higher either. I just find 20 is a nice comfortable spot where getting 33%+ recharge is easy but going much past 37-40% is just not worth it, imho.

Thank you for your reply. I will keep your change-idea in mind and see how things go for my new cleric.
    And thanks for the guide, it is a good read and very informative.
  • jpollard89jpollard89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    think it may be possible if you just post in order what runestone's gear(and runestones in gear) you have on your cat? im very close to getting mine and im pretty much @crit&amp;recovery caps, and i think regeneration would be my 'dump' stat of choice but i've no idea what gear+runestones to use on it. many thanks :)
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Great guide, but getting those gear sets would cost a fortune in AD, and from what I understand, some of the items are BOP only(??). I have over 2k defense right now, but my overall GS is 7.7k. I might wait until the next big patch comes out before making the investment in gear sets. Hopefully you will update this build if needed if/when the CLeric gets adjusted by them.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • bearn1bearn1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So much bad information here it's pathetic. Only applies to eliteist punks who runt he game 24/7 to get gear that is pointless in stats anyway because cryptic doesn't understand their own game.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bearn1 wrote: »
    So much bad information here it's pathetic. Only applies to eliteist punks who runt he game 24/7 to get gear that is pointless in stats anyway because cryptic doesn't understand their own game.

I have no idea wtf you are saying, but I'll try to break it down.
    So much bad information here it's pathetic.

If you provided even ONE example we could talk about it.
    Only applies to eliteist punks who runt he game 24/7

I don't see why how often someone plays matters. I'm not even sure what part of anything I said wouldn't apply to casuals. The best gear is the best gear regardless of how often you play. Powers are the same regardless of how often you play. The feats don't change either. A garbage power/feat is a garbage power/feat even if you play 1 minute a day.
    runt he game 24/7 to get gear

What do you do when you play? I'm sorry I don't have a guide for idling in Protector's Enclave but I figured even the brain damaged could figure out how to do that. Perhaps you wanted PvP information, but then maybe you should have read the title? Perhaps you do foundry stuff, in which case all of this is transferable. I really don't understand what you would do in the game if you aren't going after gear.
    get gear that is pointless in stats anyway

I'll agree you can finish Castle Never with T1 gear if it let you in the door and had a good group. The thing is, stats DO make you stronger. Also, see above... Why are you playing if you aren't chasing gear?
    cryptic doesn't understand their own game.

Oh, I get it now. You're a butt-hurt green-bar-whack-a-mole healer who doesn't like the aggro problems. DEAL WITH IT. If/when things change I'll update the guide. The fact is I didn't write a guide about how to play in the mythical la-la-land where everything is the way you want it to be. I wrote a guide about how to play the game AS IT IS. Maybe I was wrong to think people wanted to actually play the game and make progress before the Mythical Happy Patch happens.

Anyway,

Care to elaborate?
  • fefeenahfefeenah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This is the most ridiculous way to say absolutely nothing of any import that I've ever witnessed.
  • rangorvixrangorvix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't waste your energy unspecified tbh on posts that aim to annoy rather than give good feedback if they see errors.

Anyways, just wanted to say you did a good job with this, I cant say i've followed it to the full, since I am still looking for t2 stuff, but frankly I think you saved me a ton of time and money - and for that alone I am grateful...because I am a casual player, I only hit 60 a week a go and had some time to run T1's over last few days. Yes I bought a lot of stuff, prob about 100k Diamonds worth, but I think thats a tiny amount (though half of what I had saved up;p)

My health pool with regen and defense I know has saved my neck many times, and I would never have considered regen in high amounts with extra HP. The threat issues where a hard climb to deal with, but once I got out of the usual MMO healer mentality of spamming heals and watchin green bars (lol), and moved to buffing careful use, things have been great.

Divinity Forgemasters Flame early in a pull should be renamed Cleric Taunt though;p

The changes ive seen mentioned about cleric also don't worry me too much, the threat changes seem minor, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    edited June 2013
    The threat changes are enough to make the DC, GF and CW compete for the aggro, by the looks of it.
    I don't see how it would change much on how we gear though, the DR on stats remains. I guess you could argue survivability vs dmg if you have good GF and CW. But with PuGs, and chance of mishaps with premades, survivability shall remain the safer bet I'd imagine.
    The scale could possibly even out between regen and crit build.

Can't wait to see how unspecifiederror min/maxes in the new patch.
  • yuinojiyuinoji Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yea, lessee what will happen with the incoming new patch . .
  • marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome. Best guide I've seen for clerics.
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

monkeygivestwofingers.jpg

Oh btw how you been Unspec?? Awesome guide!! I'll log in someday to chat with ya.

...and Unspec don't feed dem trollz :p
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With Domain Synergy did you actually test that all it does is multiply your Recovery rating by 1.01-1.05?
    Because if so it really is useless.
    edited June 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    With Domain Synergy did you actually test that all it does is multiply your Recovery rating by 1.01-1.05?
    Because if so it really is useless.

That is precisely what it does.

If you have 1,000 recovery from gear with 5/5 Domain Synergy you will have 1,050 recovery.
    edited June 2013
    hi unspec, whats ur char name ingame so i can /who you for a chat maybe?

just wondering what runestones & gear&runestones you have on your cat
    edited June 2013
    hi unspec, whats ur char name ingame so i can /who you for a chat maybe?

just wondering what runestones & gear&runestones you have on your cat

Character name is Unspecified, but you can send someone a tell by just using /t @&lt;Account Name> and it gets through regardless of what character they are on.

My Cat has:
    1 Arcane Runestone R10 (excessive but I have it so... meh)
    1 Profane Runestone R7
    1 Eldritch Runestone R7
    1 Seal of the Executioner + Empty Socket, need to fix that (478 Regen, not the other one of the same name)
    1 Searing Belt + Azure R7 (295 Regen)
    1 Amulet of Potency + Azure R7 (it's blue but I wanted a defense slot)
    edited June 2013
    Character name is Unspecified, but you can send someone a tell by just using /t @&lt;Account Name> and it gets through regardless of what character they are on.

My Cat has:
    1 Arcane Runestone R10 (excessive but I have it so... meh)
    1 Profane Runestone R7
    1 Eldritch Runestone R7
    1 Seal of the Executioner + Empty Socket, need to fix that (478 Regen, not the other one of the same name)
    1 Searing Belt + Azure R7 (295 Regen)
    1 Amulet of Potency + Azure R7 (it's blue but I wanted a defense slot)

brilliant thanks so much, do u get any regeneration from your character's equipped items?
    edited June 2013
    brilliant thanks so much, do u get any regeneration from your character's equipped items?

Greater Ring of Repulsion x2 - 125 Regen each
    Thickgristle's Sturdy Belt - 144 Regen
    Amulet of Flame - 119 Regen
    Nightmare Icon - 75 Regen (At least until I get my CN main-hand, then I'm switching for the set bonus)
  • bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    sticky pls
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That is precisely what it does.

If you have 1,000 recovery from gear with 5/5 Domain Synergy you will have 1,050 recovery.

Thanks for the quick reply. Given the values of recovery on top end gear then your assessment seems totally right. Sadly I have already placed points in it so I guess I will just wait for the free respec........
  • ramiauramiau Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Its not possible to roll 16/15/13/11/11/9 (WIS/CHA/STR/INT/CON/DEX),
    which is what blomsten meant.

The wiki uses slightly different table format, ie: 16/13/15/11/11/9 (WIS/STR/CHA/INT/CON/DEX),
    but they mean the same thing.
    Its easy to misunderstand because, somebody may use one format, over the other.

I guess Cryptic disabled this roll for devoted clerics.
    Or it could be a bug, that disabled it.

Either way, only Cryptic knows the reason.

Cheers! :)

My thiefling cleric has a Wis/Cha/Str/Int/Con/Dex distribution of 16/13/15/11/11/9 , for a total base racial of 16wis 15 str 15cha+13int to make up in part for the only +2 to class stats. The +2 int is a "fake" secondary stat but makes it virtually +4 for the most important aspect of cha, recovery. The 15 13 16 is the optimal ability roll to take the more profit of the thiefling stat distribution imo, as it allows me at lvl 60 to have 1 or 2 less points in cha that can go to str/wis. On top of it the thiefling racial traits are very good.
  • aenuuaenuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Thank you so much for writing this. I haven't had much time in 'beta' so I have no idea how some of these feats work, or if they work at all toward the benefit of a healing DC.

The inclusion of gear, stats and other info just makes this the best post that I have read about Neverwinter clerics up this point. Again, a big thanks you to.

I really hope you can find the time and energy to update this info when the next big patch hits!