test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming changes to TRs

damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Trickster Rogue

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

-Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.
-Blitz: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
-Deft Strike: This power no longer places the Rogue in front of certain dragons.
-Duelist's Flurry: Credit for the bleed damage is now properly attributed if multiple Rogues apply stacks.
-Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.
-Duelist's Flurry: The bleed now ticks more slowly.
-Impossible to Catch: The Stealthed version no longer removes DoT effects when activated, but does prevent them from being applied while active.
-Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.
-Smoke Bomb: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
-Feat: Catspaw Style: This feat now properly reduces the target's defense.
-Feat: Deadly Momentum: The Critical Severity buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
-Feat: Ruthless Efficiency: The Armor Penetration buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
-Trickster Rogue: Master Duelist's Long Dagger may no longer be equipped in the off hand. Players with it equipped will have it dropped into the Overflow Bag on the next map change after logging in.
-Trickster Rogue: Previously untextured armor now properly has textures.
-Armor enchantments that display visual effects no longer make a Trickster Rogue even more visible while stealthed.

What do you guys think about the upcoming changes? Seems like Cryptic catered to the carebears with the 60% damage reduction to SE. Also, didn't know people were running around with two equipped daggers that had a weapon enchantment slot lol. At least the texture bug will be fixed. I'm personally waiting to test the new Power stat concerning encounters and dailies.
Post edited by damianess on

Comments

• jezeen5jezeen5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    TR, Shocking Execute nerfed by 60%......60!!! are you mad i agree it does too much damage but its a daily and an execute ...not meant to be the same as a normal skill. it should be more like 30% - 40% ...the rest of it is fine
    Death or Glory
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love that last one about armor Enchantments
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The mixture of these two changes will be interesting:
    "Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat."
    "-Duelist's Flurry: The bleed now ticks more slowly."

Depending on exactly how drastic each change is it could dramatically change what spec will be best for PVE. Currently the bleed ticks once per second, and is hasted by each additional application. If they slow the tick to 1/3 seconds, or even 1/2, then it could very well make scoundrel at least competitive, if not better than executioner.

Not to mention the power scaling. Currently it's about 25:1 for encounters, which makes it pretty abysmal compared to ARP and Crit. If they go so far as to double it then it may be worth just stacking power after a very early point in gearing up. I don't really like that direct change. The goal was probably to make encounters hit harder and be a bigger part of the dps, but all it will really accomplish is making gear without power on it very undesirable to rogues with DPS in mind. If they want to make encounters hit harder they should make them scale with the unbuffed weapon damage more, and leave power scaling more or less where it is. Or a better idea may be to remove power enchantments and just put power on every item, as this would make itemization more fun, and less about which piece has power on it.

On that note though, I think it would be a VERY good move for the game to split recovery into two seperate stats (one for recharge and one for AP regen), and slightly increase the scaling of each. This would make at least part of recovery more desirable for melee classes (recharge is pretty useless for rogues, and probably GWF too). But the combined stat with pretty lackluster scaling is very unappealing to most rogues, except for very specific cases where they are intentionally exploiting recovery for a stealth build or the like. This also vastly increases the possible variety of items and itemization. This is a major problem with the current game build, as you can reach a point where you just stack power reasonably early on with the current stat weights. Once they increase power scaling this issue will be even more evident.
  • necronet1337necronet1337 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.

wonder if this means there can be 10 stack per rogue, or just 10 stacks in total.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    RIP Rogues. So many nerfs for Rogues but they barely nerfed the truly OP Wizard class.

What really bothers me is them nerfing our primary source of damage in PvE so much. Slower bleeds and only 10 stacks can be applied to 1 target. Bleeds not stacking individually is bad enough, but they had to go and do this to Rogues. Deadly Momentum nerf is another kick to our nuts.

Meanwhile in PvP we get Shocking Execution nerfed to the ground. Sure, the damage is ridiculous right now and OP as f*ck, but 60%? They leave Wizards' Ice Knife in tact, which is basically a ranged version of Shocking Execution that can be dodged, but you only have 1 second to roll and pray lag / ping doesn't own you.

I don't know how I feel about these changes. Guess we'll have to play test it to find out. It just sucks that Rogues got the most and harshest nerfs. I wouldn't be too worried... except for the fact that Cryptic is going to release only 1 real class balancing patch in 2 months.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

wonder if this means there can be 10 stack per rogue, or just 10 stacks in total.

They made it very clear. 10 stacks total. It's a huge nerf to having multiple Rogues in the same group. Even though they are fixing the current bug where only 1 Rogue can have their bleed stack on a single target (which was reported to them in April), this will only hurt multiple Rogues more. Instead of 1 Rogue doing the primary damage, the bleed stacks are now going to be split between multiple Rogues. Not to mention the nerf to the bleed itself and Deadly Momentum...
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited June 2013
    60% nerf to SE but no nerf to Ice Knife..Exactly what i predicted. /facepalm
    Ontop of that, the insanly powerful CW dot that can hit you from 1 mile away will become even more powerful.

Lowering crit severity and dots from Duelist Flurry..

TR without SE and Lashing in PvP is the worst class.
    GWF and GF are already extremly powerful in PvP played by good players. And now GF will mitigate 20% more of our damage + the 60% nerf to SE.

TR is already in Dungeons really useless on trash and only usefull on bosses.
  • syllvvsyllvv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Them carebears got their wishes, gg rogues.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Really disappointed by the over nerf to SE. We should all post on the feedback thread and hope that they change it a bit before implementing the patch.
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They made it very clear. 10 stacks total. It's a huge nerf to having multiple Rogues in the same group. Even though they are fixing the current bug where only 1 Rogue can have their bleed stack on a single target (which was reported to them in April), this will only hurt multiple Rogues more. Instead of 1 Rogue doing the primary damage, the bleed stacks are now going to be split between multiple Rogues. Not to mention the nerf to the bleed itself and Deadly Momentum...

yeah this is probably a silly attempt to "balance party", honestly i am going to wait for an archer, TR is pretty much screwed right now, slower bleed ticks(that didn't scale with ARP) , DM procs for 15% crit severity *down from 75%?) I expect at least 40% less overall DPS with those changes...
    pretty much less than a GF dps specced.
  • justicebringer3justicebringer3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.

...Wow.
  • iwrestlebearziwrestlebearz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand the bleed concept.

What are we supposed to do in raids? Bring 1 Rogue or force the rest to not use DF?
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1. If you relied on Shocking Execution for... anything you're probably terrible. It's still stupid easy to faceroll people with Rogue really now?

2. 60% of BASE dmg, if that means (not weapon dmg part of the skill) then that's going to be like.... nothing.

Like, base dmg is something like 500, and your weapon dmg determines the rest. Go look for yourself.
  • wintersbornwintersborn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its very sad to see classes nerfed to uselessness in PvE in a PvE game because PvP kids cried to much.
    Oh well I guess I will spend my money on another game and company.
    edited June 2013
    The nerfs are based on different things.

SE is nerfed becouse of PvP, hardly anyone used it in PvE anyways. 60% is way way to much anyways, maybe 15%.

Deulist flurry dots nerf and deadly momentum is PvE nerf, dont know the reasoning behind it. If anything the tooltip should be changed to the increase it gives now, not lowereing the buff to the tooltips level. The 10 dots is just insane, our main source of damage..
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Base damage of SE is pretty low actually...i just checked it and while with weapons it does 15k-18k damage, without weapons its around 1-1,5k only
    while it depends on how the game is using the weapon damage to enhance the base damage, the nerf wont be as huge
  • maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm surprised at the sheer amount of whining here. Bleed stacks nerf is probably the biggest one. The shocking execution nerf was a little traumatic until I read further, my initial thought was that it was an across the board 60% nerf, but it's actually just a base damage nerf...SE should still be useful as an alpha attack.

Honestly I'd like to see more gwf and gf in groups. When the current make up is stacking clerics and rogues you know something is wrong. They didn't destroy us PVE-wise, that's crazy talk.
  • kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good to know. Thanks for the explanation as I solo PVE only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gravethoughtgravethought Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    Lol, SE was inferior to LA in almost every situation. SE was useful occasionally for blowing away an astral shielded target or a tanky GF, now it won't do that very well wither so it's lurkers assault all day every day.
    edited June 2013
    Lol, SE was inferior to LA in almost every situation. SE was useful occasionally for blowing away an astral shielded target or a tanky GF, now it won't do that very well wither so it's lurkers assault all day every day.

Problem is Lurker Assault doesnt make us immune to CC in PvP, neither does it stop the enemies from moving. As soon as the enemy gets hit theyll knockback you or run away.

You can use lurker and go lashing, but it wont be nearly as effective and Lashing doesnt have the range SE has.
  • tubbyadamtubbyadam Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    im actually happy they are going to sort this power situation out it makes me happy as I went for the power root and honestly with my stone I hit 7200 power without lurkers going off with my master assasins armour and I see no difference...to having 3000 power... so this will be probably a great opportunity guys to start stacking power and hoping it makes up for all our other nerfs. also im thinking dose this make sly flourish and scoundrel best route ;o I think they are giving everyone a free respect also so don't worry about that either guys
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maggothole wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the sheer amount of whining here. Bleed stacks nerf is probably the biggest one. The shocking execution nerf was a little traumatic until I read further, my initial thought was that it was an across the board 60% nerf, but it's actually just a base damage nerf...SE should still be useful as an alpha attack.

Honestly I'd like to see more gwf and gf in groups. When the current make up is stacking clerics and rogues you know something is wrong. They didn't destroy us PVE-wise, that's crazy talk.

It shouldn't even be able to be used as an ALPHA attack, it's a friggin execution, the fact that you can pop it on someone at full health and do 75% of their health with a non-crit is a serious issue lol..
  • horoturehoroture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.

So this basically means having > 1 rogue is going to decrease your party's average DPS now right? Because there's no way to coordinate your bleeds with another Rogue. Gonna be the most brain dead Rogue autoing with DF on the Boss without any preparation that wins. And with shocking execution at 60%, it's basically worthless now. I didn't use it before, and now I have even less reason to use it. Did they do any testing on these changes?

God I knew I should have rolled another class to begin with. Rogues always get the short end of the stick eventually.
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Its all good until you get hit by a control power and getting LA instant-cancelled (including daze). It is so freaking annoying.
  • neverasherneverasher Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the DF bleed on playtest currently stops working on a mob after about 7 seconds. the stack stays on 10 but no damage is done. they either need to make the bleed drop automatically after 10 stacks after a set time or let the damage refresh.
    2uhmn1l.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Lol i saw that bug as well. Well thank god for test realms..... if this bug goes live TR PVE dps is dead.

For extra reference after a while the bleed just stops doing damage. You have to literally stop using Duelists fury and let the bleed fall off, then restack it to do damage again.
    edited June 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Problem is Lurker Assault doesnt make us immune to CC in PvP, neither does it stop the enemies from moving. As soon as the enemy gets hit theyll knockback you or run away.

You can use lurker and go lashing, but it wont be nearly as effective and Lashing doesnt have the range SE has.

Are you kidding? With LA active I can just cloud of steel from stealth like a pro and often kill two people WITHOUT any tenebrous enchants. AND THEN 20-25k lashing blade someone at the end.

I get a kick out of all the CW's blinking around looking for a target because there is nothing else they can do while my daggers melt them from range.
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Are you kidding? With LA active I can just cloud of steel from stealth like a pro and often kill two people WITHOUT any tenebrous enchants. AND THEN 20-25k lashing blade someone at the end.

I get a kick out of all the CW's blinking around looking for a target because there is nothing else they can do while my daggers melt them from range.

I do this a lot when everyone goes to mid at the start of the match.
  • lowsiderlowsider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you look in any other class forum they complain about TR. The only defense that TR seems to be able to come up with is, "...but, but CW has some pretty overpowered stuff too!"

I'm not seeing a lot of complaints about GF or GWF or DC here. Nor any declarations of deleting your rogue and rolling one of those instead.

That seems pretty telling to me about who is 'still' on top of the food chain.
    Lowsider, "I don't crash often but when I do, it's a lowside."
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lowsider wrote: »
    If you look in any other class forum they complain about TR. The only defense that TR seems to be able to come up with is, "...but, but CW has some pretty overpowered stuff too!"

I'm not seeing a lot of complaints about GF or GWF or DC here. Nor any declarations of deleting your rogue and rolling one of those instead.

That seems pretty telling to me about who is 'still' on top of the food chain.

Because people like to hate on stealth classes. A GF stacked with 6x greater tenebrous is a death machine.

Even without enchants, they can stunlock you till your dead and there's no way to get out of it if ITC is on cooldown or stealth isn't up.