test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter is live on June 20, 2013 plus Fury of the Feywild coming Summer 2013!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
Read more about our live date announcement, Gauntlgrym video release, and Fury of the Feywild Module update news!

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=885581

Are you excited for all the upcoming changes to Neverwinter? Leave a comment below!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    Excellent news! Looking forward to the new content for sure along with the changes. However calling something an expansion and the game release at the same time? Come on...
  • Options
    naughtypussycatnaughtypussycat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    More content is always welcome.
    Thank you very much! :D:) :cool:
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bak0n wrote: »
    Excellent news! Looking forward to the new content for sure along with the changes. However calling something an expansion and the game release at the same time? Come on...

Expansion will be after June 20th, sometime later in the summer. Two different things at different times.
  • Options
    todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coincidentally, June 20th will also be the day when my favorite manga, Gantz, will release its final chapter. :p It surely is a day to commemorate! I can't wait to see all the class balances and new features coming in the game. :)
  • Options
    grembler1grembler1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    with teh new preview server 2 questions - will we be able to copy or clone existing toons over to it and does toon on the test server count as one of our 3 "free" slots.

Oh and does that mean 6/20 we can see what the final class is?
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1. When can we see the patch notes for the changes? I'd very much like to read the details of the update.

2. Since the changes are so extensive, will we be given a free respec?

3. Will new paragon paths be offered in this update?

4. Is any of the new content for soloers? There's little for a soloer to do outside of Foundry at 60.
  • Options
    deathshadesdeathshades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    Expansion will be after June 20th, sometime later in the summer. Two different things at different times.
    ya wrong its said The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym meaning same time
  • Options
    boscawenboscawen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    so no new content for people who don't play well with others? no new level cap? no new classes? pretty much the new module caters to gamers who love PvP with a twist of PvE. I thought T2 equipment is already available now? what about the existing bugs that's happening now?

is this going to be filled with quests just to be able to play the "expansion" or is it ending up as a que?

Get your ducks in a row, ladies and gentlemen because...."Lucy, there's work to do"
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya wrong its said The launch day also marks the release of Gauntlgrym meaning same time

Gauntlgrym is not part of the expansion. It is content made for release.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Gauntlgrym is not the module/expansion.
    Fury of the Feywild is the module/expansion... which will be released in "Summer 2013".
    So technically his statement is correct.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope we get a free feat and power reset when this patch drops. Personally I am going to wait till others take a stab at this stuff. I have lost faith in this company and there ability to get things right. And I pray we will hear about a new class.
  • Options
    acidzebraacidzebra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See, the reason I don't visit the forum much is the endless QQ about how this or that micro-sliver of your free game isn't working like you want it which is kind of a drag, but hey, I'm excited. I haven't even exhausted the original content not to mention all the foundry stuff so good job, team! Looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up - the trailer looks flipping awesome! :D

And that huge fix list? AMAZING.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    woah woah woah hold on. so does that mean the BIG patch will be after gauntlegrym or with gauntlegrym because you can b****cks to waiting even longer for the class changes with no actual new gear in sight for another however long months.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I hope we get a free feat and power reset when this patch drops. Personally I am going to wait till others take a stab at this stuff. I have lost faith in this company and there ability to get things right. And I pray we will hear about a new class.

"After we feel that the updates here have received sufficient testing on NeverwinterPreview, we’ll be introducing them to the Open Beta servers (with any necessary changes), and offering free respec tokens so that you can build your character the way that you’d like." - http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    what made Cryptic think, blocking pve content behind pvp was a good idea?

Other than that, holy cow thats one huge list, with alot of goodies :)
  • Options
    twisted0utlawtwisted0utlaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is awesome!
  • Options
    lokiinumbralokiinumbra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm liking what I am reading all around myself.
  • Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    acidzebra wrote: »
    See, the reason I don't visit the forum much is the endless QQ about how this or that micro-sliver of your free game isn't working like you want it which is kind of a drag, but hey, I'm excited. I haven't even exhausted the original content not to mention all the foundry stuff so good job, team! Looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up - the trailer looks flipping awesome! :D

And that huge fix list? AMAZING.

Totally agree. The PVP changes don't really impress me though. Just means we can't boot all the macrogoblin bots that flood each and every game. Outside of that. It's an awesome list!
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Looks good with some changes, but nothing about T2 pvp gear, meaning its better to wear pve gear.
    Also nothing about bop on some gear, otherwise making it trivial and totally the opposite to what PW claimed the game would be and that's pay to win (buy zen, exchange for Astral diamonds, buy gear off AH, would be quicker to just buy astral diamonds and not kid yourself or try to fool us into thinking it isn't p2w)
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why charge us for respec tokens during this beta also, yet give one free after it?
    Sorry, but that is totally ludicrous.
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So since the losing faction in gauntlgrym only gets access to T1 gear, why not ditch at that point of losing to try again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your full of surprises today aren't you, I like, I like it a lot
    Looking forward setting my teeth into some challenges and epic questing.
    I do smell a twist how ever, (in a good inovated way)
    something this fat boy will rock out with a smile, looking forward to it.
    (request record a " just dance" competition of the crew in full fantasy gear)
    Keep up da great work

500x1000px-LL-1f868383_Fat-Boys-The-Twist-95140.jpeg
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not too much on Fury of the Feywild yet, but glad I called two components based on the image: Feywild and Fomorian Giants. Now we just need rangers, warden, wilden, gnomes, and eladrin (moon elves) to go with it :)
  • Options
    sritthhsritthh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »
    Why charge us for respec tokens during this beta also, yet give one free after it?

Because you can ALWAYS buy a respec token. The free token will only be for existing characters at the time of these changes and is standard for an MMO to do when there's a major overhaul of a classes abilities (hell some even force a reset so you HAVE to respec). If you like your character as is after the changes you can always hold on to their respec token (assuming it's just a token and not just a period where you can invoke a respec for free) for later changes. Many more people would have complained if they couldn't respec except when a major class-changing patch comes along.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    woah woah woah hold on. so does that mean the BIG patch will be after gauntlegrym or with gauntlegrym because you can b****cks to waiting even longer for the class changes with no actual new gear in sight for another however long months.

Those changes may all hit by the 20th when Gauntlgrym content is enabled (which is not an expansion, it was 'go live' content as you can see by talking to Rhyx at level 60 with the Gauntlgrym daily PvE, PvP, etc. quests). They may not release all the changes at the same time, some may go live earlier than others depending on how stable and 'right' they are in testing.

Gauntlygrym will have new gear and content but I suspect Fury of the Feywild will have more (we know it's got a "ranged" class coming with it so likely an archery ranger) content for a wider range of levels than just level 60s. Both will also likely add new foundry assets to allow a wider range of Foundry conent, including feywild maps (like we already have shadowfell options), and Gauntlgrym architecture.

I do suspect all the class changes though will come with one patch along with the free respec, and hopefully before the 20th assuming enough people hop on the test server to try the changes and give feedback.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    boscawen wrote: »
    so no new content for people who don't play well with others? no new level cap? no new classes? pretty much the new module caters to gamers who love PvP with a twist of PvE. I thought T2 equipment is already available now? what about the existing bugs that's happening now?

is this going to be filled with quests just to be able to play the "expansion" or is it ending up as a que?

Get your ducks in a row, ladies and gentlemen because...."Lucy, there's work to do"

Gauntlgrym is not a new module, it's part of the launch content and is the end-game content (and first raid level content).
    Fury of the Feywild is the new module and includes a new class and likely content throughout the levels including solo quest lines, a skirmish or few, and a dungeon or two.

When they say T1 and T2 gear I assume they're talking the Gauntlgrym T1/T2 gear since what's been said indicates it's geared towards those who've already outfitted themselves in the Epic Dungeons.

What bugs are you referring to? Many of the ones I know of are listed on the upcoming changes hitting the new test server first then being pushed to live likely before the 20th when Gauntlgrym comes out. Gauntlgrym itself will likely be a queue with a gear score entry requirement like the epic dungeons but may also require some of the solo story content quests to be done to unlock the entrance. Keep in mind Gauntlgrym has been part of the plan for launch since before the CBW and since it's 40-man raid (essentially) it makes sense they'd want to delay it's access until there's a decent amount of people with characters capable of playing through it. It also gave them time to internally test it since it's got some mechanics the rest of the game doesn't. Also their team is large enough that they can do more than one task at a time or else this game would have taken 20 years to put together.
  • Options
    inullableinullable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice patch notes! One thing of disappointment though, is the lack of the other paragon paths for the current classes. :(
  • Options
    notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baddobb1 wrote: »

You didn't have to buy a respec token. No one put a gun to your head and said, "buy one or I'll shoot". They offered them but they weren't mandatory. It's your decision to buy one when a game is still in beta phase.
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • Options
    pantero44pantero44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a great step for the Dev's and the Neverwinter players, in the right direction. Much of the "Balance and Gameplay" changes are going to be GREATLY received and appreciated. Much THANKS to the Devs, and the players, on addressing the issues that many, from the start and currently, are facing, will be fixed...KUDOS!!!

Tho, I must add, as a Cleric, in-game, I see that MANY issues got addressed and fixed, EXCEPT one that has NOT been mentioned, regarding the "Beacon of Faith" set, with it's bonus STILL not being addressed. let's face it, EVEN THO, the set bonus functions, it's duration is STILL UTTERLY useless, in it's current state. The duration of this bonus NEEDS to be longer. A 3 second buff is NOT a sufficient enough time to benefit from it, making it worthless. The time allowed for ANY ability to benefit from this is limited to ONE application, and no real benefit is gained from its use, during any combat situation. HOPEFULLY this had been an "over-site" on stating it, and would like for this to be addressed, as well, in the implementation of the "Balance and Gameplay Update".
    Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz/ PNY GTX 770 XLR8 Enthusiast Edition 4GB OC / ASUS Maximus VII HERO / G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3-2133-CL11D-16GBXL / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB SSD/OCZ Vector Series 120GBx2(Ext.240GB)/SEAGATE ST2000DM001 2TB HHD / Corsair H110 / FSU Aurum CM 750W(Gold) / PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro / HDMI 32" & 22"x1920x1080p / Windows 8.1 / 120mbps/10mbps
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    At June 20 only Gaulntrym will release and the class balances? Its not the same date that the new class will reveal also?