test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter is live on June 20, 2013 plus Fury of the Feywild coming Summer 2013!

13»

Comments

• Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd just like to take a moment and thank all whiny crybabies who got rogues nerfed and ruined yet another mmo. Because YOU can't create a decent character build and compete fairly, you have to tie the other players' hands. Hope you're proud of yourselves, losers.

I would, with a bit less rancor, like to echo this sentiment.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys! I have been playing the open beta now for a few days. I have been enjoying most of the content so far with a few exceptions. I have found many features of the game confusing and hard to flesh out. I have also felt like a horse being led by a carrot on a string when it comes to zen and my wallet. I am new to the free to play model so that may explain things a bit. The biggest issue I have with this are the constant zen I have to shell out to buy keys to open the epic chests I seem to be quite good at collecting. Also, why are there no bag vendors in-game? Another thing I find irritating is having to purchase bank space with zen(read my hard earned dollars). I guess this is another feature of the FTP model? It just leaves me feeling like my wallet is being farmed lol.

I am a long-time fan of Neverwinter. I still play the old versions on occasion. My favorite was Hordes of the Underdark and NWII. NWII MotB was ok. You guys lost me after that. I played the next expansion, but hated it. Heck, I am such a fan of Lord Nasher I want to join the Nasher Rebels! I am also a long-time casual player of D&D. My MMORPG teeth were cut on WoW and I have played util recently when I began the Beta for NW. I personally do not mind the subscription model as long as the game is kept vibrant and fresh. The problem for me with both NW and WoW historically is that I play for the story. That in itself is problematic because stories are linear. Keeping that going is difficult for a game publisher. I like your Foundry because of this. It gives me the opportunity to play within stories others have created and keep the game fresh. I think my biggest issue so far is the lack of traditional D&D calsses. Where are my Rangers, Fighter-Clerics, and Paladins?? Not being familiar with the newer D&D rules(I still play the older versions) I rolled up a cleric and got you Devoted ranged DPS/healer hybrid. I want my mace/shield toting holy warrior back darnit! I was also dissapointed that you do not have any Ranger class. I was looking forward to rolling an elvin Fighter/Ranger. Are you guys going to bring in any newer/older classes after release? I have leveled my Devoted Cleric to lvl 26 so far, and while the gameplay with him is impressive for a ranged class I still miss being able to melee and heal. I am really liking the professions. If were not for the cool-downs I could sit and craft all day and stay amused.

Overall I am looking forward to release. The game feels familiar and old in many ways and yet new. It is old in that NW is under siege once again and I must save her by clearing out each district and the surrounding area of all threats. It is new because the stories are new. The tale of NW has progressed in a historical line and I can once again be a part of it. A long time ago I also played the OLD Mythrdrannor game and having that area included in the new content is really cool to an old gamer like me. I hate the grapics, but I am on a dated hp laptop and that may be my computer, but the graphics feel old too. I wish you guys all the success of Blizzard and more. I love Neverwinter and will be a long-time player if you guys do it up right.
  • Options
    lairdruarilairdruari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed Hellfirefury. This issue is open to ALOT of abuse by unscrupulous twits. It is a game breaking issue and needs to be addressed ASAP. I personally have not seen end-game content yet being new to BETA, but as a long-time WoW player I have seen this garbage ruin guilds, etc. Perhaps they could come up with a solution similar to WoW's LFR loot system? It's not perfect and I admit I'm not happy with WoW's LFR system either, but it does prevent this kind of thievery. Yes I said it, thievery, there is a reason it's called ninja looting.
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55
    edited June 2013
    I like the gameplay balance changes, but we are forced to have a guild in order to even go to Gauntlgrym? That is not cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shinon748shinon748 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    June 20th with release date. It is going to be Drow. The difference with this Drow and the $200 founder's pack Drow is we wont have the Menzoberranzan(sorry if I mispeled this awesome city) Renegade background, the fairy fire racial we get something else, and we wont have the special facial tattoo when choosing their facial structure in character creation.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    and you wont be a traitor either lol which is way better imo hope they bring in some evil gods soon like shar cyric lloth and a few others
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    giantdudegiantdude Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ixotl wrote: »
    I asked about this a couple weeks ago. As you know this isn't possible now but it would sure be nice. If used appropriately it would essentially be like adding more items to the Foundry toolbox. Of course the rendering engine may go nuts and your fps drop if the engine has to scale everything on the fly.

This may be true but I'm sure they could figure something out with their engine. just like 3ds max and Cinema 4D i think they could do something similar to that. But who knows :p maybe we'll see something soon to add to the options of creativity that is our mind!
  • Options
    scorgescorge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    1. When can we see the patch notes for the changes? I'd very much like to read the details of the update.

2. Since the changes are so extensive, will we be given a free respec?

3. Will new paragon paths be offered in this update?

4. Is any of the new content for soloers? There's little for a soloer to do outside of Foundry at 60.

thought i would reply for you

1. When can we see the patch notes for the changes? I'd very much like to read the details of the update.
    patch notes now cost ZEN to read

2. Since the changes are so extensive, will we be given a free respec?
    You can purchases a respec at the ZEN store

3. Will new paragon paths be offered in this update?
    no these will costs a token that can be purchased from the ZEN store

4. Is any of the new content for soloers? There's little for a soloer to do outside of Foundry at 60.
    yes "soloers" can purchases new content from the ZEN store,
    Soloers can also purchases a real life companion from the Zen store (see disclaimer below)

"Real life companions will sit and watch the screen, they may occasional do something useful when not looking e.g. sleep"
  • Options
    scorgescorge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    woah woah woah hold on. so does that mean the BIG patch will be after gauntlegrym or with gauntlegrym because you can b****cks to waiting even longer for the class changes with no actual new gear in sight for another however long months.

you do know that you can purchases dyes at the ZEN store to make you gear look new and awesome!
  • Options
    tsiskwatsiskwa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    make it so...
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lairdruari wrote: »
    I am a long-time fan of Neverwinter. I still play the old versions on occasion. My favorite was Hordes of the Underdark and NWII. NWII MotB was ok. You guys lost me after that.

Note: NWN, NWN2, and D&D:NW were developed by three completely different companies.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder if respec tokens include feats and powers or just the feats?
  • Options
    north955north955 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What Happens to our existing characters if they are not level 60 will they be deleted or what?
  • Options
    bioxragebioxrage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    north955 wrote: »
    What Happens to our existing characters if they are not level 60 will they be deleted or what?

Characters will not be deleted. All progress and Characters will stay in-tact.

There will be no WIPE.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Oh god I can't wait!!
  • Options
    xareaxarea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    boscawen wrote: »
    so no new content for people who don't play well with others? no new level cap? no new classes? pretty much the new module caters to gamers who love PvP with a twist of PvE. I thought T2 equipment is already available now? what about the existing bugs that's happening now?

is this going to be filled with quests just to be able to play the "expansion" or is it ending up as a que?

Get your ducks in a row, ladies and gentlemen because...."Lucy, there's work to do"

I couldn't agree more. the rush on this game has been hideous. I'm a fan, but aside from buying a mount, I'll not spend Zen on this crapshoot for a long time if ever.

As a member of a guild, I'll reap the most benefits, but wtf? I have plenty o' friends not guilded & they'll miss out. personally, I'm a total a-hole so my guild takes me in small bites. BTW so are 99% of you in my eyes,
  • Options
    kadaji3kadaji3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have a question, i know its not the right thread, but i want to know if its still pay2win?since the live date is today, and i played yesterday for a few hours and i noticed i need to pay for many things, just like in the auction house or to even be able to send private messages(whisper) to other players?was that because it was beta or is it still like that?
  • Options
    joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    when you buy best server to reduce lag?
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kadaji3 wrote: »
    I have a question, i know its not the right thread, but i want to know if its still pay2win?since the live date is today, and i played yesterday for a few hours and i noticed i need to pay for many things, just like in the auction house or to even be able to send private messages(whisper) to other players?was that because it was beta or is it still like that?

Sending private messages is free. Also, the only things you have to pay for are cosmetic stuff, potions, companions, mount. And you don't need them to fully enjoy the game. And you can get that stuff without spending a dime.
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    kadaji3kadaji3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sending private messages is free. Also, the only things you have to pay for are cosmetic stuff, potions, companions, mount. And you don't need them to fully enjoy the game. And you can get that stuff without spending a dime.

thanks, then i will try it again today.
  • Options
    arashiwatanabearashiwatanabe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    bak0n wrote: »
    Excellent news! Looking forward to the new content for sure along with the changes. However calling something an expansion and the game release at the same time? Come on...
    Gauntlegrym is not an expansion.
    They are calling Fury of the Feywild an expansion, which it is. But that's not getting released now.
  • Options
    emraheseremraheser Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Coming new server?
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nop, no new server
  • Options
    thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    So now that the game is LIVE we can get those "books" to upgrade our companions without buying new ones RIGHT?!