test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leadership path broken

2»

Comments

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    pay to Win OMG.. I Quit.

Just how are the developers supposed to be paid their salaries if nobody wants to pay money to play the game?

If "Win" means having the best PvP build, people that pay real money will probably win. If "Win" means thoroughly enjoy the game including the main story line and the (in some cases awesome) Foundry quests, you can do that without paying a dime.

If you enjoy the game, and have the means to do so, buy something. The game costs money to create and to run.

If you don't enjoy the game, just stop playing.

If you enjoy the game but don't have the means to pay real money, be glad that there is a very fun free-play option.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Let's face it ... most F2P games have some sort cash shop items that give them some advantage over the freeloading masses. This isn't the first game that does it and certainly won't be the last.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just how are the developers supposed to be paid their salaries if nobody wants to pay money to play the game?

They're not asking for money to play the game. I'd be happy to give them money to play the game.

They're asking for money to grant in-game power in lieu of playing the game. Very few things they're selling aren't in-game power, and they haven't been things I've wanted, so I haven't paid anything.
  • Options
    aethoesaethoes Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kindyre wrote: »
    The game tells you that you need a Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 worker to work a task. For Leadership, this corresponds to Mercenary, Guard and Footman. These are all White / "Common" quality and available entirely without involvement of the cash shop in any way. Purely ingame. You can "craft" them yourself without anything or anybody's help or intervention. You can work all jobs in Leadership with just these three types of soldiers.

In addition to that, but separate from it, there are also Green, Blue and Purple soldiers. For Leadership, they are called Man-At-Arms, Adventurer and Hero. All three of them are Tier 3 workers just like the Footman. They can do anything a Footman can, and a Footman can do anything they can. The only difference is the speed modifier on them. Footman performs tasks with a 5% speed boost (just like all White workers). The Green, Blue and Purple workers have a 10%, 25% and 50% speed boost, respectively.

Note that the percentages are not straight time reduction... the formula works like this: Time to complete task = Base Task Time / (1 + p), where p is the sum of the percentages of all workers involved in decimal form. So the 50% speed boost on the Purple worker will actually only reduce the task time to about 67% (two thirds time), rather than down to 50% (half time), and only if he's the only worker (some jobs can use up to 4 workers). Basically, it's a diminishing returns system... the bigger the reduction, the less effect per % point.

Edit: To answer your question: No, the game is not lying to you. You merely misunderstood "Tier" to mean "Quality/Color". They are two different things entirely.

Thank you sir for this write up. This is the most clear on concise explanation I've seen in any forum post or wiki.
  • Options
    juanzq88juanzq88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If "Win" means having the best PvP build, people that pay real money will probably win. If "Win" means thoroughly enjoy the game including the main story line and the (in some cases awesome) Foundry quests, you can do that without paying a dime.

If you enjoy the game, and have the means to do so, buy something. The game costs money to create and to run.

If you don't enjoy the game, just stop playing.

If you enjoy the game but don't have the means to pay real money, be glad that there is a very fun free-play option.

Agree i have a mount tier 3, that cost 3000 Zen, the only i thing do was play, and enjoy the game, doing dungeons, making my day quest, in dungeons sometiomes i get drops that i can sell (always of my tipe), i dont spend nothing of real cash to get that mount, now that i have a job, i will buy some zens , i have payed more than a 60 dollar game, (except the elder scrol series), you only want every thing with little effort
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You need to pay cash (Zen shop) or buy from the auction house to turn the Men-At-Arms (cash shop only item) into the next higher tier.

This is not accurate
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    obviously you're confused