test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game needs more balance

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Well... I know this is still in beta but I would like to see some of these changes to balance:

- Some dungeons are too hard, even when not epic, the worst of them is The Wolf den, that really neds a balance on the add quantity, the boss itself is already VERY strong and the quantity of adds it has its making it EXTREMELY hard; Another one is Mad Dragon wich kinda not that much but still, the dragon needs some damage nerf or something, there are some thing that kill you in a second while it has alot of adds; (post in the comments if you have another one, that all I could remember).

- This one will atract hatters but the Guardian Fighter needs a bit of a nerf on the recovery of his SHIFT, they already have alot of knock downs and alot of damage (Dont say that they dont do damage because that is not true), Maybe make it recover a bit slower because it recovers very fast.

- This one is not a nerf and alot of you will say it will make TR OP but seriously, his powers miss too much, and with that I mean that most of the times on your computer you really know you hit him and then you see no damage going, all you see is the enemy walking back like nothing, also, Theft Strike sometimes bugs (you see the animation, the sounds, and the cooldown acting and no damage is taken by the enemy AND you dont get teleported).

- Some lag compensation changes have to be done, 25% of the dodges we do its cancelled by lag and that sometimes gets you killed, it would not be very bad if it did nothing else but not reacting, but it also makes you come back to the place you used SHIFT(you may have changed controlls but its for stamina use), so it will make you get killed in last boss dungeons wich can make your team lose the fight most of the times.

- For the last one it has to be changed, chat bans of 24h are too much time, this is a communication game, without it you will most of the times quit the game untill the 24h chat ban ends...

Sorry for any bad english and please comment what you think about these changes.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is a Sticky post called "Major Updates on the way!" in the General Discussions page. Give it a look. It doesn't say what the changes will be, but it is definitely a Balancing patch.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... Nerf GF and buff TR? Yeah that seems balanced.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Of course! What game have you been playing?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »

Dunno, the OP's suggestions could have been (slightly) more ridiculous - it might have been:

Nerf GWF and GF and buff TR and CW.......
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what buff to TR? It is more of a bug fix, just making it not miss like it is doing.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    brun2000 wrote: »
    snip

Thread called "Major Updates on the way!" (General Discussions) will address many of your concerns, and many, many more!

When will it be out?

S.....n™

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what buff to TR? It is more of a bug fix, just making it not miss like it is doing.

This and the dodge complaint actually sound like lag on your end, not something that the developers can really 'balance'. Some players lag, and given you said pardon your english, the chances are you are playing outside the USA which means more lag than usual in many cases.

So your TR attacks and the other guy dodge but your lagged pc makes it seem like he stood there and ate the hit. MOST pvp players are going to dodge big slow attacks, kinda like most players do vs an ogre.
  • Options
    agenteusaagenteusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    Well... I know this is still in beta but I would like to see some of these changes to balance:

- Some dungeons are too hard, even when not epic, the worst of them is The Wolf den, that really neds a balance on the add quantity, the boss itself is already VERY strong and the quantity of adds it has its making it EXTREMELY hard; Another one is Mad Dragon wich kinda not that much but still, the dragon needs some damage nerf or something, there are some thing that kill you in a second while it has alot of adds; (post in the comments if you have another one, that all I could remember).

- This one will atract hatters but the Guardian Fighter needs a bit of a nerf on the recovery of his SHIFT, they already have alot of knock downs and alot of damage (Dont say that they dont do damage because that is not true), Maybe make it recover a bit slower because it recovers very fast.

- This one is not a nerf and alot of you will say it will make TR OP but seriously, his powers miss too much, and with that I mean that most of the times on your computer you really know you hit him and then you see no damage going, all you see is the enemy walking back like nothing, also, Theft Strike sometimes bugs (you see the animation, the sounds, and the cooldown acting and no damage is taken by the enemy AND you dont get teleported).

- Some lag compensation changes have to be done, 25% of the dodges we do its cancelled by lag and that sometimes gets you killed, it would not be very bad if it did nothing else but not reacting, but it also makes you come back to the place you used SHIFT(you may have changed controlls but its for stamina use), so it will make you get killed in last boss dungeons wich can make your team lose the fight most of the times.

- For the last one it has to be changed, chat bans of 24h are too much time, this is a communication game, without it you will most of the times quit the game untill the 24h chat ban ends...

Sorry for any bad english and please comment what you think about these changes.

1 - The Wolf Den only has too many adds if you don't know how to deal with the fight. Wolf adds only spawn if someone (even a comp) gets hit by his frontal cone. I'm only at 9.1k GS as a DC since I'm not playing a lot lately and I never had any problems with Mad Dragon. If anything it's boring cause it takes too long. Nothing dangerous or hard about it.

2 - Yes I will say the GF does **** dmg even if specced for dps (that way its respectable but still **** compared to others). As tank specced it doesn't do much dmg (it has cc's and I think thats a good thing) so I don't know what you're talking about.

3 - I'm confused about this one. Are you saying it misses too much because of class conception or because abilities are bugged??
    If it's because of conception the TR is OP as it is so don't ask for better hit ratios.

I'm quite undecided about labeling you a Troll but if you aren't I would suggest you inform yourself next time before posting bogus information on the forums.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would say hes not a troll, just doesnt know how networking works?.. 2/4 points are caused by lag, and he thinks the developers can fix that.

@ op sorry dude u are ofbase on all points, and like i mentioned 2 of the issues u have are client side....
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Have you people pvped at 60 and faced a decent GF? They just chain stun you until you die. Sometimes in 3 hits. And they can block.
  • Options
    dahiorusdahiorus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013

OMG after i read this i was like , ru kidding me ? dude The TR need a nerf for sure ! GWF needs a buff thats it , how can be possible that a rogue wins so easy against a GWF ? The gwf should be like paladins in wow and use plates not mails , any class can beat a gwf without even playing serious. All the skills are unbalanced and the weakest skills are on the gwf .

So i hope they realized that a rogue cannot do lots of damage. Also a tank doing damage like a freak in pvp i dont think so .
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dahiorus wrote: »
    OMG after i read this i was like , ru kidding me ? dude The TR need a nerf for sure ! GWF needs a buff thats it , how can be possible that a rogue wins so easy against a GWF ? The gwf should be like paladins in wow and use plates not mails , any class can beat a gwf without even playing serious. All the skills are unbalanced and the weakest skills are on the gwf .

So i hope they realized that a rogue cannot do lots of damage. Also a tank doing damage like a freak in pvp i dont think so .

You want a striker class to not be a striker class anymore so your fantasy of a paladin GWF can become true? Maybe this just isn't the game for you?

The OP definitely has a point regarding GF's. As troubled as they may be, once they start tossing someone around, he's dead. I haven't found any way to get out of that rotation, once he locks, I die.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    S.....n™

lol, if you have a reputation own it? ^_-
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    agenteusaagenteusa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    You want a striker class to not be a striker class anymore so your fantasy of a paladin GWF can become true? Maybe this just isn't the game for you?

The OP definitely has a point regarding GF's. As troubled as they may be, once they start tossing someone around, he's dead. I haven't found any way to get out of that rotation, once he locks, I die.

Stop doing pvp as full glass cannons (like most do in every **** game) and maybe you will see a difference. Killed by a GF??? Really??
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    agenteusa wrote: »
    Stop doing pvp as full glass cannons (like most do in every **** game) and maybe you will see a difference. Killed by a GF??? Really??

Yes, really, easily and without any way to counter. I'm not saying this to whine about any OPness of the GF, just to show that all that biased hate against TR's is misplaced.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, really, easily and without any way to counter. I'm not saying this to whine about any OPness of the GF, just to show that all that biased hate against TR's is misplaced.

Without any way to counter???

Try shift and go STR to improve stam regen which is one of the strongest perks in this game specially for pvp.

And no, the TR is quite OP. You can tell me the CW has too much control and they need to do something about DR's on CC's but the dmg output the TR can dish out in pvp is completely unbalanced. Adding to that you can almost have perma stealth and one shot (or very close to it) people with 23k HP (yes you can).

The GF is just annoying but if you remove the faster energy regen it would be useless in pvp. Even as it stands it isnt that useful imo .
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "Some dungeons are too hard, even when not epic, "

Actually, I have found the Epic Dungeons to be easier than when I was leveling up because my gear score, skills and the the same for others I roll with are much better.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PVP balance changes need to wait and see if Tenebrous gets "fixed".

There is really no good reason to do wolfden and mad dragon anyway, it's a shame. I can't in good faith suggest to people they do a lot of t1. We usually just buy them enough off the AH to get them into t2 and go from there.
    Even during delves T1 is ****.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    agenteusa wrote: »
    Without any way to counter???

Try shift and go STR to improve stam regen which is one of the strongest perks in this game specially for pvp.

And no, the TR is quite OP. You can tell me the CW has too much control and they need to do something about DR's on CC's but the dmg output the TR can dish out in pvp is completely unbalanced. Adding to that you can almost have perma stealth and one shot (or very close to it) people with 23k HP (yes you can).

The GF is just annoying but if you remove the faster energy regen it would be useless in pvp. Even as it stands it isnt that useful imo .

Perhaps you need to reconsider your understanding of the word 'stunlocked'. It has the word 'locked' in it, as in that stun won't go away or gets reapplied before you can react.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps you need to reconsider your understanding of the word 'stunlocked'. It has the word 'locked' in it, as in that stun won't go away or gets reapplied before you can react.

Well like I mentioned cc's need to be toned down but that's not a GF issue. A CW can also stunlock you.

I don't see the relevance of your reply.