Things I refuse to do in Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zarnicus wrote: »
    Why can't we Invoke on the gateway?

I can almost guarantee this won't happen, or if it does you'll still have to do an ingame Invoke to get your celestial coin and probably ardent coin. The entire point of this feature is to get players to fit logging into the game into their daily routine/schedule. Even if you fully intend to only log in just to hit the Invoke button, the feature has still served its purpose in getting you logged into the game at all. "Just this one thing" can easily turn into "just just this one thing and then this other thing," which can easily turn into 3 things, and so on. I can't see Cryptic/PWE removing that aspect of Invocation.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm will not be doing PvP, just not my thing.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    I don't see why you wouldn't invoke. It's free and it gives you free stuff. That's like saying you refuse to loot because it slows you down.
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will not do in neverwinter
    let the game rule my real life
    let the game get the worst of me and be un-respectful
    and foremost i will never
    mqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Hmm. Easy, free stuff. Especially the Invoke.

I will not be forced to worship an imaginary being. Not in real life nor in game. I'd rather request my free stuff from Santa, at least he's mostly harmless focus of belief.

The whole invoking mechanic is the single most disgusting part in the whole game IMO.
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    I will not be forced to worship an imaginary being. Not in real life nor in game. I'd rather request my free stuff from Santa, at least he's mostly harmless focus of belief.

The whole invoking mechanic is the single most disgusting part in the whole game IMO.

Same reason I refuse to group with a Control Wizard or a Devoted Cleric. Magic is not real! These devs must think I'm a child if they want me to play pretend.
  • Options
    grayimpactgrayimpact Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I get that these things are a little annoying, I don't enjoy doing them myself.
    But what you basically just said is the following:

"I pay you for your game being annoying, and if it stopped being annoying i probably wouldn't"

Thats not really a very convincing point for changing things.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Same reason I refuse to group with a Control Wizard or a Devoted Cleric. Magic is not real! These devs must think I'm a child if they want me to play pretend.

Hehe, different reasons, different shade of humour. None the less, it is not reality of things but relationships and what it reminds me of, that I find disgusting.

I must admit my alts do not share my view of world, and Invoke more freely. Only my main refuses to play with gods. Unless it has something to do in burning down their temples.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    sounds to me like u should drop the arogance/ignorance and accept this is an international game.

I'm not sure that there is anywhere where talking like a LOLcat that has recently sustained a head injury is correct, though.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure that there is anywhere where talking like a LOLcat that has recently sustained a head injury is correct, though.

I must admit, that sentence might have been out of line.
    But people acting like spell-police on an international forum demanding everybody speak/write fluent english, wel it is rediculues to say the least. If the message ure are trying to get across makes it, that is all u can aspire for.
    Im wondering if there isent a constructive way to inform people about a spelling error, rather then being smuck about it and backstabing...
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    grudge13grudge13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still do most of dailies on my main, mostly because it's better then standing in PE all day looking bored :P I would like more foundry quests to be eligible for dailies though,since now I choose them based on time saving factor rather then quality. 45 min quest of high quality will always lose to 15 min mediocre one if I played through both multiple times already.
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Hmm. Easy, free stuff. Especially the Invoke.

Eh, whatever. :)

It is a chore because if you skip *one* piddly day (sickness, work, family, whatever), you lose everything.

A much better system would have been that it stays the same or drop slowly. But set back to zero ? Anybody with a life not being able to be *daily* on the game is excluded.

After losing twice my coins due to real life issues, like going into a duty travel for my firm or traveling to my parents (ETA: in another country than where I live), I don't bother anymore.
  • Options
    aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    xratas wrote: »

If it suits you. I have no problem invoking an imaginary being, having done AD&D for years (yeah you used to get your cleric spell from your imaginary god).

Anyway that's not much different from real life *snicker* after all no gods has ever been evidenced to exist. AT least in neverwinter you get a gift and evidence of their in game existence.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I just grabs them and do em as I do them.

I don't focus on doing them all every day.
    I might do a four PvP matches in a day. If I do huzzah! If not tomorrow is another day. :)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited June 2013
    It is a chore because if you skip *one* piddly day 8sickness, work, family, whatever), you lose everything.

Yes, but "everything" in this case is 10 to 12 keystrokes of effort. You worked harder typing that sentence than you did for the coins.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Would it be better if they rewarded foundry's for time run?
    I mean if they reward a foundry for being over 15 minutes, and having 30+ plays.
    Would it not make sense to have a foundry quest that takes roughly 45 to complete give 3/4 of ure daily bonus?
    Just thought of this, and i think a lot of foundry designers would be EXTATIC if this was implemented....?
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Yes, but "everything" in this case is 10 to 12 keystrokes of effort. You worked harder typing that sentence than you did for the coins.

Log in for jsut the invoke every day , is a bit more than a few keystroke. just the logging process take much longer than that.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    itheryel wrote: »
    Would it be better if they rewarded foundry's for time run?
    I mean if they reward a foundry for being over 15 minutes, and having 30+ plays.
    Would it not make sense to have a foundry quest that takes roughly 45 to complete give 3/4 of ure daily bonus?
    Just thought of this, and i think a lot of foundry designers would be EXTATIC if this was implemented....?

Definitely a good suggestion. Probably worth making it's own thread because you are right, as of right now the system doesn't care if you do four foundry missions that take 15 minutes each or four foundry missions which take an hour each.
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    fangdenhut wrote: »
    Things I fuse in Neverwinter: shards

haha you get this one guys?

Hmm, no. pls elaborate.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is a chore because if you skip *one* piddly day (sickness, work, family, whatever), you lose everything.

A much better system would have been that it stays the same or drop slowly. But set back to zero ? Anybody with a life not being able to be *daily* on the game is excluded.

After losing twice my coins due to real life issues, like going into a duty travel for my firm or traveling to my parents (ETA: in another country than where I live), I don't bother anymore.

You don't lose everything. Just celestial coins. And those only go to 7 anyway. Ardent coins don't disappear. Plus you're still getting AD the first three invokes in a day so even that is worth bothering for if it will help pay for a few ID scrolls or whatever.
  • Options
    jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is work to be done.
  • Options
    vexalynnevexalynne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I pretty much quit the ' dailies ' when I got to level 25 and was out leveling the content doing them . Now that I am 60 the only one I do is foundry , mainly because I am going to do them anyways . Also you can get them by pressing ' L ' , you don't actualy have to go see the little kobald .

I stop doing dailies once they're beyond single tasks. I don't mind doing one DD or Skirmish or Arena for the daily, but doing 2 or 3, not going to happen. The reward just doesn't equal the effort.
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    vexalynne wrote: »
    I stop doing dailies once they're beyond single tasks. I don't mind doing one DD or Skirmish or Arena for the daily, but doing 2 or 3, not going to happen. The reward just doesn't equal the effort.

never did any daily because of that. dailys are poor game design anyway imo. i played much better MMO's without any dailys.
    Daoc, Vanguard ...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Simple workaround for daily's is creating a low lvl alt and doing them fast with that character, they only require one of each task and the AD gain is a lot higher compared to effort/time.

It's not optimal and probably hardly intented, but this is the best u can do atm with the current design.
  • Options
    riverfontriverfont Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just look at them as bonuses.

I see invoking like this: it was something I was doing before I even understood the Ardent/Celestial bonus. I just thought it was cool for my character to pray to Corellon and receive a blessing in return. I learned of it through that little early quest and then did it whenever I saw a circle on the ground or had a "bound" altar stone taking up a slot in my inventory. The ardent/celestial coins are just a nice bonus, imho. If I was to miss a day and lose up to seven celestials I don't even think I'd give it more than a moment's thought.

As for the other dailies, they are rewards for simply playing the game. I like to do a skirmish when I have time, ditto a dungeon. Likewise the occasional pvp match. And I love trying out Foundry content. None of it is a chore to me, and if it was I'd skip it. Likewise, I never "force" myself to do all the dailies.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vexalynne wrote: »

3k for 3 or 1k for 1. It's still the same reward it's just deferred until you do the last one. Just because they are called daily tasks doesn't mean you have to do them all in the same day. However yeah if still leveling that makes the dungeons or skirmishes more annoying since it's easy to get 2/3 done then outlevel the task. That's really a non-issue with the Foundry and PvP ones though.
  • Options
    jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grayimpact wrote: »
    I get that these things are a little annoying, I don't enjoy doing them myself.
    But what you basically just said is the following:

"I pay you for your game being annoying, and if it stopped being annoying i probably wouldn't"

Thats not really a very convincing point for changing things.

I wasn't trying to get anything changed as it will never be changed anyway. I was simply saying that I like the game and since I have the financial means to skip the BS, that's what I'm going to do.