test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove dungeon delve event ...

zoywikizoywiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please remove dungeon delves and replace it with a daily quest that unlocks the chest at the end of the instance.

Thank you.

----
EDIT:

This is an idea post

To clarify the idea is to not hurt people but make it so a casual players benefit the most.

The idea is you get 1 to 2 keys to open 1 to 2 chests per day. You could even make these keys a character bound item, so you could in theory save them up. There could be rewards from other events such as skirmish, or pvp, or foundry, or zen for keys. This would be much better than the trivial number of AD offered from events!

Why should I be penalized by losing a delve chest if one person leaves the group? Makes zero sense. I should be able to go in at any time to get my daily chest.

currently you CAN run some dungeons 12 times in a delve period (4-6 minutes per clear). gg 72 epic loots entering game in a 1 hour period per group doing this. people are currently incentivized to use such tactics that allow clearing dungeons at a rate which are clearly not intended.

---
EDIT 2:

The idea is to not remove the "delve chest" loot rewards from the game, only remove the event because the event is the problem, not the act of getting a guaranteed loot at the end of the dungeon due to a "delve chest" being unlocked.

The idea is to to make it so you can get "delve chest" rewards on your schedule. As an individual player you still get rewards, just you can get them when you want. 1 to 2 rewards from the "delve chest" per day is plenty for any single player to enjoy the progression of the game and accomplish things.

If you were free to utilize your reward chests when you felt like it, then you could save your "delve chest" for dungeons which you still need gear set pieces from, while helping friends and guild mates get the ones that they need or want in other dungeons.
Post edited by zoywiki on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    zoywiki wrote: »
    Please remove dungeon delves and replace it with a daily quest that unlocks the chest at the end of the instance.

Thank you.

Might be a good idea. One free epics per day. I like it. But unfortunately the main problem I can see here is people would not want to run the dungeon again if they have done their daily quota which would unfortunately create a situation where you can't find people to run with.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Might be a good idea. One free epics per day. I like it. But unfortunately the main problem I can see here is people would not want to run the dungeon again if they have done their daily quota which would unfortunately create a situation where you can't find people to run with.
    they could make it open a couple times so you can use it on the dungeon you need items from. Prevents/slows tons of purples flooding the economy quickly because people are incentivized to utilize glitches to sell things. You only open the chest where items drop you personally want. Also you don't get screwed because the group cannot kill during the delve period, or disconnect issues or other problems.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this the new Cause of the Week?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    People want more loot. Big surprise.

I think it's fine the way it is.
  • Options
    jackmeister6969jackmeister6969 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    If they do remove delves, expect the population to drop.
  • Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Once per day?
    My guildies and I can run 2 delves in an hour... why would I want to limit 2 epics to 1?

Bad idea, and not thought out correctly.
  • Options
    pallarintepallarinte Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pretty sure he meant one daily per dungeon, so it would be a lot more then once peer day.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Delve, daily, who cares. I expect and demand a minimum of two free epics per day.

Give me loot Cryptic, stop standing in the way of my loot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A suggestion for less loot? Apparently you have not run CN... just to get T1 loot, at which point you cry into your keyboard eating pringles saying "WHHHHHyyyy!!!!"
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    blowchunks wrote: »
    Once per day?
    My guildies and I can run 2 delves in an hour... why would I want to limit 2 epics to 1?

Bad idea, and not thought out correctly.
    clarified.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ooo I like Pringles. Salt and Vinegar?
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The op did not think what he or she was saying, I dont get loot every time I finish the dungeon. And I start doing the dungeon when the dungeon delve start, so making it that you get loot every time you finish the dungeon. is no thought in what he or she was thinking/ thought about, but that was not the question I just said that to know to the other people. That not all the time you will get loot at the chest when finishing a dungeon, also if you dont get loot its because. You did not start the dungeon when the dungeon delve time started, so the op posted this without knowing that you needed to start the dungeon when the dungeon delve time starts. In order to have a chance to get loot at the chest, when finishing of/ the dungeon.

P.S So its fine the way it is, it will not be changed. What needs to be put is skirmishes you have done in the past, for the higher lvl. When you do a skirmish you can do that skirmish no more, that is what needs to be put.
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I like the idea on the premise that you have more freedom in when you get to play. I logged on last night and the next dungeon delve was like in 4 hours. That means I didn't even have a chance at the event for that day on my schedule.

I don't like the idea of being restricted to certain times and then have this rush hour.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, Remove the DD event.

Instead replace it with the chest being at the end every time you run an instance. Maybe limit it to 5 runs or something like that.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    isopoint wrote: »
    I like the idea on the premise that you have more freedom in when you get to play. I logged on last night and the next dungeon delve was like in 4 hours. That means I didn't even have a chance at the event for that day on my schedule.

I don't like the idea of being restricted to certain times and then have this rush hour.

This is the primary reason behind the idea. No restrictions on when you can claim YOUR chests, just limit the number of times you can claim per day some how to make it fair and less prone to exploits.
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The op did not think what he or she was saying, I dont get loot every time I finish the dungeon. And I start doing the dungeon when the dungeon delve start, so making it that you get loot every time you finish the dungeon. is no thought in what he or she was thinking/ thought about, but that was not the question I just said that to know to the other people. That not all the time you will get loot at the chest when finishing a dungeon, also if you dont get loot its because. You did not start the dungeon when the dungeon delve time started, so the op posted this without knowing that you needed to start the dungeon when the dungeon delve time starts. In order to have a chance to get loot at the chest, when finishing of/ the dungeon.

P.S So its fine the way it is, it will not be changed. What needs to be put is skirmishes you have done in the past, for the higher lvl. When you do a skirmish you can do that skirmish no more, that is what needs to be put.

You should go read the pre-clear threads if you think you only get loot for starting the dungeon during delves ...
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, how is limited DD to one a day a good thing? O.o I am strongly against this. =/ I can tell people don't understand why there isn't a chest every time you run the dungeon. o.o It is there because later on during the level 60 epic dungeons if you were to get a piece of epic equipment every time. It would be very very over powered and abused. It needs to be spread out. As DD almost guarantees you a t1 or t2 piece of equipment in the epic dungeons.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    You should go read the pre-clear threads if you think you only get loot for starting the dungeon during delves ...

Pre-clears are nice, but if you could choose when to get your chest, then there would be no need for pre-clears.
  • Options
    gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Originally Posted by gdante7111111 View Post

chonir01 wrote: »

Read what I said again, you did not read it clearly.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Wait, how is limited DD to one a day a good thing? O.o I am strongly against this. =/ I can tell people don't understand why there isn't a chest every time you run the dungeon. o.o It is there because later on during the level 60 epic dungeons if you were to get a piece of epic equipment every time. It would be very very over powered and abused. It needs to be spread out. As DD almost guarantees you a t1 or t2 piece of equipment in the epic dungeons.

it is effectively unlimited now with how many chests you can get in the 1 hour delve period (with pre-clears only adding to the number), when you get a chest now, 4 other people get a chest plus 1 random loot from the boss.

I don't know that 1 loot per day is the correct number, however i certainly know that as a player getting individually 12 loots per delve hour is not the correct number. I suggest 1 or 2, because that is about what a normal player should expect to get during a delve. And a normal player should expect to be eligible for 1 delve period per day. More hardcore players may do more than 1 delve hour in a day. Well yeah this would suck for them because they get less loot per day, however it makes their items worth more!
  • Options
    dukemerckdukemerck Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree on this post. As a working person like myself, DD event is more often than not, it doesn't fit my schedule. A daily reward for 1 or 2 instances/dungeon run is nice. And for the DD event every 4 hours, make it on weekends! not everyday, because people who have the luxury to play all day just farm and farm. Casual players like me would benefit to this restriction.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dukemerck wrote: »
    I agree on this post. As a working person like myself, DD event is more often than not, it doesn't fit my schedule. A daily reward for 1 or 2 instances/dungeon run is nice. And for the DD event every 4 hours, make it on weekends! not everyday, because people who have the luxury to play all day just farm and farm. Casual players like me would benefit to this restriction.

yep great for people who are working.
  • Options
    tripztertripzter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like it. Often enough i get halfway or so to the last boss where the tank leaves or whatever and we cant finish the dungeon and you're left with "Sorry you cannot leave the instance" which is an error you get when you try to reque.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People think stuff costs too much now..
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    emal83emal83 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My idea about dd is quite simple. I wanna play the game when i decide to. We know it's impossible to find items we need without DD so people mostly play during DD.
    Do u want to make player active a couple of hours a day?
    Remove DD event and make final chest active h24 so players will organize dungeon parties all the time they want.
    skitch.png
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    delve should be 24/7 to make dungeons rewarding.

at the moment i log in, oh, no DD, k, log out.
    DD is driving away players unless its active. sucks.
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got an alternative solution for this, make the chest appear once 95% of the mobs in the dungeon are dead. pushing mobs of cliffs doesnt count for this 95%. Imagine that? exualy having to play a dungeon for 1hour/2hour depending and then being rewarded for an aditional bonus. Im nuts i know :o
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    May I ask..
    Why?

I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. Nor do I see a cause to even complain about this.
    Lol. The things people complain about..
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remove the stashes altogether then lol .
  • Options
    ophalaophala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Limited number of "keys" per day with option to choose sounds good.