test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So now I know why all the "exploit" threads were moved and locked.

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They weren't going to reset anything, no rollbacks, no nothing, leaving the economy in a borked-up state. Move the threads! The less people that knew about the exploit, the better! Without addressing the issue (except in a belated maintenance) it's like putting a band-aid on a bleeding wound.

Of course that's also about what I've come to expect from PWE.

I guess they didn't want to give out "Shardsday" gift boxes? /sarcasm

Seriously guys. This is going from bad to worse.
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on the release of The Elder Scrolls Online since this game is so messed up and it doesn't look as if it's ever going to be fixed.

You should check it out, it looks like it's going to be an awesome game.

I already found an awesome game. It's called Neverwinter. Have fun in TESO though.

I know everyone cried gloom and doom over the economy the last few exploits but it seems to be doing just fine. I think the majority of those complaining, and incidentally wanting a server wipe, are those that want to keep item prices as high as possible in the auction house.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Actually, the reason those threads were moved and locked is because much of the community hasn't figured out that they aren't supposed to USE the exploits that everyone wanted to so graciously post. Therefore, they weren't part of the solution but part of the problem.

That and the proper method for reporting exploits is via PM or ticket.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    People are so misinformed about what a beta is, since it has nothing to do with a cash shop being present ore not.
    Also nowhere in the EULA are u forced to spend money on this game, so i would asume anybody spending money is a suporter rather then a consumer?...

And to the op, this exploit has been public for roughly 1 day and a half, before it got patched and fixed, im happy with that timeframe....could always be faster but i feel this was reasonably handled.
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    i wish cryptic close forums till game launch.....all of this whiners annoys me
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They were moved and locked because nobody but cheaters want to read them, other than the fact that Cryptic has clamped down, which is exactly whats happening.

You want to really help? Here is the way to report an exploit to Cryptic. If you feel the need to alert a moderator as well, that's great, we'll push it through even faster.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?306422-Reporting-Exploits-The-Right-Way#post3972762

Like any effective real time security system, you're eyes are the best security. Community members are to be commended for making Cryptic aware this time, so they could utilize their skill to close down the exploit with minimal impact.

Hopefully, we stay as vigilant in all future occurrences .. so indeed... Kudos NW Community!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
This discussion has been closed.