test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are these simple but highly useful additions coming soon?....

2»

Comments

• spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    A: save a few seconds here and there, but this is one step closer to botting and I can take it or leave it.

B: Could not care less about... okay, maybe I could care a little less, but not much

C: This is already getting implemented and has been said by the dev's

D: No thanks, epeen stroking is not needed, go back to wow, rift or any other game that has mods that do this. Personal use, sure, but I do not need the losers who feel it necessary to stroke their ego's

E: care slightly less about this than I do b

F: two more channels to fill with useless spam, sure why not... I will leave them as well.

Yet. I can see why he finds you antagonistic and mistakenly reacts as such...

A: It's nothing like botting, it's just less work to ruin around pressing F, it's a paradigm choice...

B: If you don't care, then it's hardly worth mentioning really.

C: Thanks for the info.

D: The only legitimate reason for Damage meters is to see where 1: folks are slacking and 2: folks are in need of help on how to play.
    As long as measures are taken to ensure good grouping this shouldn't be an issue, but there isn't those measures and it's an issue they will have to work on, or fall behind other games that ARE doing this.

E: That's nice to know... I guess... uhm wut?

F: The idea is to REMOVE the spam from the zone chat, and make the mutes for it officially acceptable as opposed to the debate on the fairness of those circumventing the AH and selling direct. Because lets face it, the spam generated by WTS messages is insane.
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    F: two more channels to fill with useless spam, sure why not... I will leave them as well.

That's exactly why I want those channels.... to be able to close them, so the Zone channel stays clear... *wink*
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    A. can't agree with current interface. its annoying enough with people looting while still in battle
    B. like A, because too many items
  • eienryuueienryuu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    This actually explains a lot. Only someone whose education far outstrips his practical experience would make such a simple mistake.

Pretty much this. I also don't think threatening anyone who's opinion is different from yours with a report or calling people trolls and yet again threatening to report them a good strategy.You just might find yourself with a lot more reports than you gave out.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    desoro wrote: »
    A: An auto-loot feature in the Interface settings?
    Saves a lot of annoying time running in circles pressing "F". Simple feature to add.

B: A "All bags in one" feature?
    There is a lot of wasted interface space scrolling through each separate bag. Simple feature to add.

C: A "Go to character select" GUI button?
    I know about the /gotocharacterselect command. Its annoying and you have to wait 15 seconds, rendering it useless unless there is a login queue. Simple feature to add.

D: "Real-time" damage and healing meters?
    There are already post-instance meters, why not make them viewable throughout the instance. Simple feature to add.

E: "Server status" interface on the main page?
    Its super annoying having to search random places for this information. Put it front and center. Simple feature to add.

F: "LFG" and "Trade" chat channels?
    Inputted from a poster below. It would help clear up the annoying speed of the Zone chat scrolling. Simple feature to add.

This isn't a flame PW thread, I love the game and the dev team, just trying to find out if these easy features are coming. It would make a lot of people happier with very little labor.

A) Maybe. It does get a little annoying trying to grab the tiny potion lump on the floor. (Also kind of annoying how bounty items auto loot when other items don't...)
    B) Not really a problem as there is very little space separating the bags.
    C) Bind it to a key. For most players, vast portions of the keyboard don't get used.
    D) Would be nifty. But might promote too much e-peen.
    E) Already in the launcher. Launcher has a icon that is either green (available) or red (unavailable). Don't really see the point in having it on the forums. Most players will simply start the launcher to check if the game is up or not.
    F) Unless the trade chat be the default channel for everyone, it'll be ignored. LFG channel might work but will probably be the ignored. (I usually just go about my business but will join up a LFM request if it be convenient to me.)

This thread is now hamsters.

hamster+sport+2.jpeg
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2013
    F: "LFG" and "Trade" chat channels?
    Inputted from a poster below. It would help clear up the annoying speed of the Zone chat scrolling. Simple feature to add.

Something WoW did that I really liked was only allowing item links in the Trade channel. This basically forces all item-related discussions and buying/selling to the Trade channel. I'm not sure how to force people to use the LFG channel.

I would love to see a rate-limiter on the Zone/Trade/LFG channels, so we don't see so many spammy repeated messages sent rapid-fire.