test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swashbuckler or Master Assassin armor - watdo?

2»

Comments

• erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    damianess wrote: »
    Yea, go with with the Swash set with 3x greater tenebrous layout. You're still going to burst in pvp due to tenebrous procs and you will do great in pve as well.

Great, this sounds like a solid plan then - thanks for the input! Now you'll know what to get aswell (if you didn't know already) for when new BiS gear comes out and requires you to do PvE due to the insane prices (unless you spend a bunch of real life money to obtain these new items of course).

Would be nice to have gear that's only obtainable by doing PvP with bonus stats that would only activate in PvP, that way PvPers wouldn't have to rely as much on PvE like they have to atm. Plus people in PvE gear would have a tough time winning vs people in PvP gear, heh.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    20% dmg resist is reached with like 1k def, 750 def is like 16% and probably noone got less. So arp is worth it even in PvP.
    Lashing hits on most cws without first strike passive and anything other special already for 12-15k out of stealth, lurker and first strike would be a complete overkill. Not sure if the plague fire res. debuff works for a first hit as well, if not vorpal might be the better choice. However I do like the little dot - getting away with horse? Fall down by the DoT while beeing knocked and get a free lashing blade crit without beeing able to dodge it.
    You all talk in a diff language than I!! hahaha just what is ...Fall down by the DoT while being knocked and what is free lashing blade crit without bein able to dodge it mean??? I have really never understood stats that well. Help...:)
  • candipcandip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Great, this sounds like a solid plan then - thanks for the input! Now you'll know what to get aswell (if you didn't know already) for when new BiS gear comes out and requires you to do PvE due to the insane prices (unless you spend a bunch of real life money to obtain these new items of course).

Would be nice to have gear that's only obtainable by doing PvP with bonus stats that would only activate in PvP, that way PvPers wouldn't have to rely as much on PvE like they have to atm. Plus people in PvE gear would have a tough time winning vs people in PvP gear, heh.

I'm sure with this game being so new they appreciate all suggestions....so...why not suggest that!!!
    I love to PVP and would be nice to be a bit different from when I'm in pve
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    i dont even notive the difference between 4,6k power and 8,8k power buffed with the master assassin set.
    realy, i tried at the target dummy.

now im getting the swashbuckler stuff and will replace all power enchantments (which is only one at my cat hehe)

TL;DR forget about power. most overrated stat ever (for TR's at least)
  • eg10deepeg10deep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was a entertaining post with comments xD
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    its not about the sets, its about the gems, the stats on the sets are so little inbetween themselfes, that if you stack the right type of gems the pvp set will come out as the winner in any case. ud think the power\recovery\crit difference between swash and ma will be of any importance, the extra 2000 power or whatever it is over the pvp set will have no effect whatsoever. those sets are for doing high hp mobs where combinations of attacks stacks up on each other and the objective is to complete rotation of encounters up to keep your dmg output high. pvp is about, in your elitists case scenarios about stacking the highest output dmg u can do with what u have to work with out of stealth, in best cases, 1 shot, or to have a really hard hit to immobilize or get them running. damian is right from the start, and power will never stack to anything as much as tenebrous and plaguefire will, power is the most useless burst increase in pvp of all the stats there is.