test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Class Idea for Neverwinter

jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have idea for new class for neverwinter

THe Reaper Class. that use poison and use big scythe to kill their enemy and they can summon zombies
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im sure the next class will probably be the ranger to go with all the dark-elves running around :rolleyes:
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can see it now a bunch of Dervish running around spinning with scythes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    im sure the next class will probably be the ranger to go with all the dark-elves running around :rolleyes:

yea but i mean future classes. don't forget this game made from a English speaking developer. we can give them suggestion much easier then korea lol
  • Options
    kaoru55kaoru55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    No they are going to take and make classes from the established franchise of DnD not some poster who knows jack sh** about game design.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're getting a Warlock, right? Close enough :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Classes are going to come from the 4E D&D class/archetypes
  • Options
    forgottenmythforgottenmyth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Warlock could be cool.. actually i wish classes were more customizable. i mean they had to make TWO Fighter classes to fill both fighter roles.

sorry, im spoiled by 3.5 edition customization and never played 4th editon.
  • Options
    wythore210wythore210 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    I have idea for new class for neverwinter

THe Reaper Class. that use poison and use big scythe to kill their enemy and they can summon zombies

How about PWE makes the Foundry able to create user-made classes for the user-made dungeons/quests? That would appease everyone!
  • Options
    paranormalpaprixparanormalpaprix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or there can be a Necromancer?!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Or there can be a Necromancer?!

yea but i was give them cool name like they did with all other classes.
  • Options
    geoja111geoja111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds a little like the Oracle class from Dragons Prophet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kaoru55 wrote: »
    No they are going to take and make classes from the established franchise of DnD not some poster who knows jack sh** about game design.

in D&D you can be any race and class in the board game and make your own class
  • Options
    paranormalpaprixparanormalpaprix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well that would be nice... but that is much harder for designers to work it out...there are a lot of classes like Warlock, Necromancer, Paladin, Druid, Archwizard, Mage, Monk, Bard, Alchemist, Berserker and much more.... lots of spells and skills...BUT that would be great!
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OMG!

If a game has a class where I can use a Scythe; I'm ALLLLL over that !
    Especially if it's a Scythe wielding Mage or Beast Master. That's pretty much my favorite class.

I actually have been playing this other game on the side for a little bit as a safety net for when Neverwinter gets pretty monotonous. It's called "Dragon's Prophet" and I actually had to pay for beta access for that one as well. (Mind you, it's still in raw beta form; I have no idea when it will launch) BUT ANYWAY; there's this class called an Orecal. It's a Mage that uses a Scythe. I just love it. Funnest class I've ever played in a game aside from my Control Wizzy. :')

If you like dragons and the style of Eastern mmo's~ Check out Dragon's Prophet.
    It's has the same combat as Neverwinter, graphics similar to TERA/Raiderz, but you can tame your own dragons out in the wild.
    If you capture it, you can send it out on gathering missions for mats for crafting, you can use them in battle and you can ride/fly on them like a mount.

And uhh.
    Yeah I have no idea where that rant came from. T.T
    Scythes? Oh yeah I love those. o.o'
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wythore210 wrote: »
    How about PWE makes the Foundry able to create user-made classes for the user-made dungeons/quests? That would appease everyone!

well that would be nice... but that is much harder for designers to work it out...there are a lot of classes like Warlock, Necromancer, Paladin, Druid, Archwizard, Mage, Monk, Bard, Alchemist, Berserker and much more.... lots of spells and skills...BUT that would be great!
  • Options
    thexclanthexclan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see them open for class suggestions... There are tons of real D&D classes out there already which were not put into the game yet.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they can't just add any old nonsense to the game. It's under license from the D&D rights holders. They won't be allowed to just change decades of lore to sell you a new character class that you'd like. Although they will probably try.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    braxxousbraxxous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wheres the paladin? :(
  • Options
    kyuvenkyuven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A small sample of classes not present in NW:
    Bard
    Warlock
    Druid
    Paladin
    Monk
    Warlord
    There are options, and this "reaper" thing of yours isn't in there. Sorry dude, not happening. Especially since it would need a specific role to fill, and the GWF already has "hitting things with a bigass weapon" filled. It would be easier for them to just add a scythe weapon skin.
    Personally, I'd like to see bards and monks. They have the more unique potential weapon types and abilities. Plus, most likely Bard would involve hitting things with a lute.
  • Options
    gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For anyone else randomly thinking up classes that DON'T exist in 4e Ruleset
    We have 4 (only 4) roles to provide for
    Controller, Defender, Leader, Striker
    The classes we DON'T have in-game yet and are not due sometime soon (aka Ranger/Warlock) are as follows
    Paladin
    Warlord
    Avenger
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Druid
    Sorcerer
    Invoker
    Shaman
    Warden
    Ardent
    Battlemind
    Monk
    Psion
    Runepriest
    Seeker
    Swordmage (FR Specialty only)
    Info for the remaining classes and their roles and powers go here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_%28Dungeons_%26_Dragons%29#4th_edition
  • Options
    crispe1crispe1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basically you want them to copy the harbinger from War of the Immortals, which is also a game under Perfect Worlds name.

Genius.

If you want the class you're talking about, go play War of the Immortals.
  • Options
    ariakan1976ariakan1976 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    4th Edition heavily retooled the class system, discarding varying base attack and save bonuses in favor of a more unified set of mechanics for characters. Rather than varying notably in passive elements, classes are differentiated primarily by what active-use class features and powers they give, all of which follow the same per-level assignments. At the same time, this unified mechanic helps reduce some of the perceived imbalance between spellcasters and non-spellcasters in 3rd edition.[citation needed]

4th Edition's Player's Handbook differs from that of 3rd Edition by excluding the Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, and Sorcerer (though these classes returned in the second and third editions of the Player's Handbook) in favor of the new Warlock and Warlord classes. With eight character classes in the first Player's Handbook, eight in the Player's Handbook 2, six in the Player's Handbook 3, and one in each of the Eberron and Forgotten Realms Player's Guides and one in Dragon (see tables), twenty-six classes have been released, excluding the Spellscarred class, which is only available through multiclassing. Each class has one power source and one primary role. Some classes also have one or two secondary roles.[6][7]

The power sources used by the Player's Handbook classes are arcane, divine, and martial. Arcane classes gain magical energy from the cosmos, divine classes receive their power from the gods, and martial classes draw power from training and willpower.[8] The Player's Handbook 2 expands the divine and arcane power sources and introduces the primal power source, which draws power from the spirits of the natural world and features transformation as a theme (for example, druids can take animal form while barbarians can infuse themselves with bestial spirits). Dragon 379 included the Assassin class, the first, and, until the release of the Vampire, only class to use the shadow power source. The Player's Handbook 3, in addition to adding new divine and primal classes, introduces the psionic power source, which draws power from the mind. Two other power sources have been announced: elemental and ki, however the ki power source was abandoned during the development of Player's Handbook 3, and Monk, the only announced ki class, was rewritten to use the psionic power source

Here are the classes of the 4th edition:

Cleric Divine Leader
    Fighter Martial Defender
    Paladin Divine Defender
    Ranger Martial Striker
    Rogue Martial Striker
    Warlock Arcane Striker
    Warlord Martial Leader
    Wizard Arcane Controller
    Avenger Divine Striker
    Barbarian Primal Striker
    Bard Arcane Leader
    Druid Primal Controller
    Invoker Divine Controller
    Shaman Primal Leader
    Sorcerer Arcane Striker
    Warden Primal Defender
    Ardent Psionic Leader
    Battlemind Psionic Defender
    Monk Psionic Striker
    Psion Psionic Controller
    Runepriest Divine Leader
    Seeker Primal Controller

Controller Controllers focus on affecting multiple targets at once, either damaging or debuffing them, or altering the battlefield's terrain. Some classes, such as Wizards and Invokers, are focused towards ranged combat, while Druids can specialize in ranged or melee combat.
    Defender Defenders focus on blocking attacking enemies and focusing their attacks on themselves. Defender classes are typically focused on melee combat, however some classes such as Swordmages also have ranged combat capabilities.

Leader Leaders are focused on buffing and healing allies. Some Leader classes and builds are focused towards either melee or ranged combat, however the role as a whole is not.

Striker Strikers are focused on mobility, dealing heavy damage to single targets and avoiding attacks. Some Striker classes and builds are focused towards either melee or ranged combat, however the role as a whole is not.

After choosing a class, players select from a list of powers dictated by their chosen class, or from that of any class into which they choose to multiclass. Powers can include spells, but, unlike in previous editions, offer an equal number of options specifically for non-spell-using classes, such as powerful weapon blows or moments of evasiveness. Most powers are divided into attack and utility powers, and into Daily, Encounter and At-Will powers. A typical starting character has two At-Will attack powers, one Encounter attack power, one Daily attack power and no utility powers, while a typical high-level character has two At-Will attack powers, four Encounter attack powers (three class powers and one paragon path power), four Daily powers (three class powers and one paragon path power) and seven utility powers (five class powers, one paragon path power and one epic destiny power). Unlike attack powers, at-will, encounter and daily utility powers share the same slots.

Daily: Each Daily power can only be used once a day; regaining use of the power typically involves a night of sleep. These are the strongest of the powers because they often have a number of secondary effects or have some effect even on a miss, in addition to inflicting more damage than an Encounter power of similar level.

Encounter: Each Encounter power can be used once between each short rest. As this rest interval only requires a few minutes, Encounter powers recharge fairly often. However, any time characters proceed directly from one fight to the next, these powers don't recharge.

At-Will: These are the bread-and-butter powers. Characters can use any of them repeatedly as often as they want. However, they are less powerful than either Encounter or Daily powers.

There are instances where characters are unable to use any power, such as when making opportunity attacks. In such cases, the character will have to resort to a "basic attack" in combat, which deals damage without any extra effects. This is comparable to a normal attack of 3rd edition that isn't modified by any feat or enhanced by any spell.

The optional prestige classes from earlier editions have instead been replaced by paragon paths and epic destinies, two types of class choices altering the final abilities of the character
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would like to see the Guardian Fighter and Great Weapon Fighter classes installed....:p
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    yea but i mean future classes. don't forget this game made from a English speaking developer. we can give them suggestion much easier then korea lol

You'vbe never played D&D? Have you?

Theres no way in hell theyd be allowed to put in classes that simply dont exist in D&D
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worst thread of the year.
  • Options
    tanglethorntanglethorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry bud. The is Dungeons and Dragons, They will be using existing classes from the pen and paper table top game.
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It'll be the warlock or ranger...I hope the ranger class is outfitted with missile weapons(bows, crossbows, etc)there is a lot of potential for that class.

Traditionally I want a paladin, bard, ranger, necromancer(could be a warlock), runecaster(#1), psion as class additions and another race option like gnome, lizardman, or kobold added to the roster. If they have teiflings by all means, they can have lizardmen or kobolds.
  • Options
    mikells1988mikells1988 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty new to D&D so I'm not familiar with the editions or whatnot. Just started playing with a group of friends and then on Neverwinter (at the insistence of another friend) but in playing D&D with my friends so far I've come to LOVE Scourge Warlocks so I'd LOVE to see them put into Neverwinter at some point
  • Options
    heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Classes are going to come from the 4E D&D class/archetypes

any evidence to back that up, not trying to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or so just wonderin is all
  • Options
    andotacoandotaco Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    braxxous wrote: »
    wheres the paladin? :(

Here is how I envision a Paladin in this game...

Role: Melee Hybrid that focuses on augmenting himself and allies with divine power. Overall, their dps would be limited compared to a GWF. They would have medium-high single target dps output, and rather small aoe dps. Healing would be achieved via a similar system to Warrior priests in Warhammer Online. For those not familiar with warhammer, Warrior priests would do much of their healing (to both self and allies) through melee attacks... This would mean that the moderate healing a paladin could provide would be done by an action packed play style.

Armor: Light Plate, Slightly more armor than GWF, Less armor than GF. NO shield. Overall Paladins should be slightly more survivable than a GWF. Their healing abilities should obviously be considered in this "survivability", not just raw mitigation.

Weapons: Hand and a Half swords as well as war hammers (also hand and a half). Animations would use a combination of two handed and 1 handed swings often finishing with a flash of divine magic quickly casting through the off hand.
This discussion has been closed.