Install Arc
Options

New Class Idea for Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• Options
    frostyhawk1frostyhawk1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What about a character with no weapons and only fists because i have not seen one character using fists to fight monster. Then his abilities will be about throwing large rocks which decrease the foes Defence and you can probably put a daily abilities in called something like 'Hercules' which boosts the amount of attack and defence on your character.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    07-13-2013, 04:07 AM

necro much ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    andotaco wrote: »
    Here is how I envision a Paladin in this game...

Role: Melee Hybrid that focuses on augmenting himself and allies with divine power. Overall, their dps would be limited compared to a GWF. They would have medium-high single target dps output, and rather small aoe dps. Healing would be achieved via a similar system to Warrior priests in Warhammer Online. For those not familiar with warhammer, Warrior priests would do much of their healing (to both self and allies) through melee attacks... This would mean that the moderate healing a paladin could provide would be done by an action packed play style.

Armor: Light Plate, Slightly more armor than GWF, Less armor than GF. NO shield. Overall Paladins should be slightly more survivable than a GWF. Their healing abilities should obviously be considered in this "survivability", not just raw mitigation.

Weapons: Hand and a Half swords as well as war hammers (also hand and a half). Animations would use a combination of two handed and 1 handed swings often finishing with a flash of divine magic quickly casting through the off hand.

This all sounds pretty good. I like this vision of the paladin. I'm personally hoping that is the next class, although, I wouldn't complain if it was the druid
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Closing this necro, as it is a necro, and there is already an existing thread to discuss new classes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.