test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fantastic game, but please fix the loot rolls and punish dungeon deserters!

2»

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the the OP as stated.

On that note: I just pass on everything. I wish there were a preference option to just auto-pass everything and prevent that stupid window from popping-up. Here's why: every drop I've managed to win in skirmishes and dungeons are mediocre at best, barely wanted as a general rule; I've gotten equal or even better in a few PvE Quests within an hour after running said dungeon.

I don't want to minimize the importance of the OPs plight - I most certainly agree. But it's become a lot less stressful and a lot more carefree (read: enjoyable) to simply forego all drops and just focus on XP and dropped gold.

Just my own too-sense, your mileage will vary. :)
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @OP. I could not agree more. This loot system is terrible. Perhaps cryptic is unaware of the term Loot Ninja and the progress we have made over the years to eliminate them. Unless its a money grab. The auction house gets a cut...and Bobby would sure like to take out his credit card, buy some zen (AD) and snatch up that beautiful epic dagger....
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the title says, having a blast, most fun I've had in an MMO in years!

But for the love of god, no-one should be able to need on items that are class specific to a class other than theirs. Has this not been universal MMO loot law for like a decade now? Why do so many MMOs fail to get this right at launch?

Here, it's a one line of code job, I'll even write the code for you:

if (lootItem.ICanUseThis == false) { needButton.Disable; }

There ya go, problem solved!

Also, there's a real problem with bad players leaving a group after one wipe, leaving the group one man down and with no way to make up that member. An improvement to the queueing system to replace lost players even deep within dungeons, or some sort of punishment (2 hour lockout) for deserters would go a long way towards sorting this. Sorry you'll have to write your own code on this one ^^

But these are minor gripes; game is great, launch was really smooth, keep up the good work :)

Sounds like people on the interwebs suck and you have to restrict everyone to stop the selfish <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from doing things people don't like.
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    mrvuk wrote: »
    You do know that compainions can only use certain items, right? Ex: they dont use bracers, rings, boots, etc.. Take a look at your compainion window.

Funny, my panther can use rings and amulets. I guess it depends on the companion i suppose. Plus she likes to swat around anything shiney. My kitty's enjoyment > your need.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Funny, my panther can use rings and amulets. I guess it depends on the companion i suppose. Plus she likes to swat around anything shiney. My kitty's enjoyment > your need.

...and this mentality is exactly why there should be loot restrictions in place.
  • Options
    dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed... if you cant use it on your current toon you should be locked out of rolling NEED.. if you can use it for an alt or whatever thoguh then by all means roll GREED, but priority should go to whoever can use it first
  • Options
    castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    agree

/10char
  • Options
    turokhammerstoneturokhammerstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    +1 to OP
    I get into groups and there is one person that starts needing everything then everyone has to comply just to get something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dadkkmallleksmmdadkkmallleksmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    paspinall wrote: »
    one word for the looting... Companions.

That's what greed roll is for. Players always rank higher than companions...period.

This same debate raged in SWTOR at launch and caused PUGs to be a living hell. And it's like some of the players above that I do not join cold call questing requests, or guilds with anyone other than real friends, it's why I rarely PUG dungeons and if I do I don't get bent when someone rolls need on everything because I expect that kind of childish behavior in mmos these days.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nostalg1c wrote: »
    I agree but I still think they should get a deserter debuff of sorts. If they legitimately had to leave than a 20-30 min debuff will have no impact anyway, but people just leaving because of a wipe should suffer a tiny bit.

The downside to such a penalty would be that there are sometimes legitimate reasons to quit - take the Mad Dragon end fight for example, I've had several groups where we've been forced to call it because the fight simply wasn't working - in case of such a debuff the whole group would get punished because they had the audacity to participate in a poorly balanced fight through the groupfinder.
    Maybe a minor one like on WoW and SWTOR, which I think is 15 min or so?
    The lack of being able to replace lost members is something that needs to be looked into though, as I've often said to people when talking about the subject - I almost would've prefered that they didn't implement a groupfinder rather than do it in the half-assed state it's currently in, just to be able to say "We have one!".
    Ah well, that's what the beta tag is there for - lets hope things get better.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    grokcgrokc Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Reading through this thread, one thing sticks out: CW need the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> outta stuff!!!
  • Options
    teepussiteepussi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree, allow people to enjoy the game. Dont make them to be detectives.
  • Options
    demonoidzardemonoidzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree it is a great game the dungeons are hard. That being said it seems like every time I do a dungeon someone drops out in the first big battle the first few minutes of the dungeon. Ok now you are one short you can make it to the last battle but never win. It might be a good idea to be able to join a party that has already started. If someone quits it can give others in the que the option to join the party already in progress.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i don't see why i should be stuck in a fail dungeon to then be penalized for leaving. i agree on the loot roles but i mainly go with the same people in runs so it's not much of an issue anymore, need for equip greed for sell.