test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fantastic game, but please fix the loot rolls and punish dungeon deserters!

technophebatechnopheba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
As the title says, having a blast, most fun I've had in an MMO in years!

But for the love of god, no-one should be able to need on items that are class specific to a class other than theirs. Has this not been universal MMO loot law for like a decade now? Why do so many MMOs fail to get this right at launch?

Here, it's a one line of code job, I'll even write the code for you:

if (lootItem.ICanUseThis == false) { needButton.Disable; }

There ya go, problem solved!

Also, there's a real problem with bad players leaving a group after one wipe, leaving the group one man down and with no way to make up that member. An improvement to the queueing system to replace lost players even deep within dungeons, or some sort of punishment (2 hour lockout) for deserters would go a long way towards sorting this. Sorry you'll have to write your own code on this one ^^

But these are minor gripes; game is great, launch was really smooth, keep up the good work :)
Post edited by technopheba on

Comments

• Options
    ohrlynetohrlynet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agree ++ /10 char
  • Options
    wildheart18wildheart18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree 10 point to you :)
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree.

Its really dumb I lost Cleric bracers to a wizard.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013

But for the love of god, no-one should be able to need on items that are class specific to a class other than theirs. Has this not been universal MMO loot law for like a decade now? Why do so many MMOs fail to get this right at launch?

There ya go, problem solved!

Also, there's a real problem with bad players leaving a group after one wipe, leaving the group one man down and with no way to make up that member. An improvement to the queueing system to replace lost players even deep within dungeons, or some sort of punishment (2 hour lockout) for deserters would go a long way towards sorting this. Sorry you'll have to write your own code on this one ^^

But these are minor gripes; game is great, launch was really smooth, keep up the good work :)

one word for the looting... Companions.
  • Options
    technophebatechnopheba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You shouldn't be able to need for an item for your companion when someone else could use it for their char.
  • Options
    mrvukmrvuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You do know that compainions can only use certain items, right? Ex: they dont use bracers, rings, boots, etc.. Take a look at your compainion window.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And regardless, you shouldn't be able to need for an item for your pet *period*; FOR THIS IS AS OUR FATHERS TAUGHT US, AND SO SHALL WE TEACH OUR CHILDREN UNTO ETERNITY ie. them's the rules and always have been :)
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleted vause
  • Options
    losabralosabra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    abradax wrote: »
    Totally agree.

Its really dumb I lost Cleric bracers to a wizard.

i got 2500 AD for them
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ^ This is why we need this
  • Options
    duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The sad thing is that the actual code to implement this is really that easy as this one liner.
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep! Just noticed I missed the () brackets off the end of my Disable method though, shame on me :(
  • Options
    anokii2anokii2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree /signed
  • Options
    argyl3argyl3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    True story!
  • Options
    rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    I agree, love the game; hate the loot rules.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    paspinall wrote: »
    one word for the looting... Companions.

Lol please...you should not be able to roll need on an item that a player in your group can use for a dinky companion. Least you used the companion card though I'll give you that. Better than using the alt or "I needz moar AD" one.
  • Options
    caiokillcaiokill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Totally agree
  • Options
    charezoncharezon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    150% agree. +10
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree, shouldn't be able to need on class specific items other than the class you're playing.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about punishing dungeon deserters, but I do think a way to replace lost members from the queue would be good, otherwise total agree with the OP.
  • Options
    ixothixoth Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't care about punishing dungeon deserters, but I do think a way to replace lost members from the queue would be good, otherwise total agree with the OP.

Yes, absolutely need a re-queue feature to the game. There are cases when one really have to leave a party due in real life issues for example :(
  • Options
    gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Don't let the "party-leader" kick others without first needing a vote with 4 voters saying yes.

Also, allow for inviting people into a dungeon that has already started, since it's clear the LFG won't do it for you.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • Options
    nostalg1cnostalg1c Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree but I still think they should get a deserter debuff of sorts. If they legitimately had to leave than a 20-30 min debuff will have no impact anyway, but people just leaving because of a wipe should suffer a tiny bit.
  • Options
    groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Indeed, this needs to be implemented. I don't mind it so much on green items (although I do mind a little), but the problem is severely hampering your ability to gear up when we talk about blue or better gear. Most people don't care and just want stuff to put on auction house with little regard for those who need the items for gear upgrades. Fix it, please!
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    As allready mentioned , companions. BUT i understand it cause i aint rolling for companions anyways.

Side note , that one line won`t be enough. You ll need to program the ICanUse :p
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    signed on this for the deserter part.

I'll need stuff when I need it though, loot system is fine.
  • Options
    inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Signed with my soul!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    signed on this for the deserter part.

I'll need stuff when I need it though, loot system is fine.

Trouble is not everyone is as enlightened as this. When you're the only GWF (or whatever) in your party and you see your first epic 2h weapon drop, will you feel so ambivalent about this when the wizard ninja-needs it to sell on the AH?
  • Options
    gicodexgicodex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 to the OP. Hope they fix this soon.