test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review for Review

belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
My wife and I will be playing this weekend so as the title states; we’ll run as many of your quests (as time allows) and review it together if you would be so kind as to give my quest a go.

I have never really been a DM (I mostly played) so this is virgin territory for me. With that said I would greatly appreciate honest and constructive feedback.

The quest (The Eternal Light) can be a bit tough for a solo run, but there are a few spots where the solo player can benefit from some “help”. The help is, of course, optional. I would recommend 2 players (without the help).

I appreciate the outstanding and creative efforts made by the authors in this community. You guys and gals have a diverse and imaginative way of expressing your creations through an amalgam of visual excitement. Thank you!

Quest Details:

Author: @Dovian
Short Code: NW-DO335J3SZ
Duration: 15 min, (solo with in game help)
25 min. (solo without in game help)

I have run this quest a few times with in game help and got through it with no problems. It is a bit tough to do without the in game help but it is challenging and you will burn through a fair amount of health pots. I still need to tweak some things, but overall I am happy with its progress.

Thanking you all in advance for your reviews.

Quests to be Reviewed

Quests Reviewed

meysa - NW-DEH6FU5KB - 5/5 stars (1 review)
data314159 - NW-DMXDXKQGD - 5/5 stars (1 review)
katah1969 - NW-DNRBBXZK3 - 4/5 stars (2 reviews)
rdxcyclo - NW-DEZSTNUT7 - 4/5 stars (1 review)
xhrit - NW-DADOERMFX - 4/5 stars (2 reviews)
havocl - NWS-DB3HIQPRH - 5/5 stars (2 reviews)
lostcharta - NW-DPXB42EEH - 5/5 stars (2 reviews)
bostish - NW-DAITVBJAX - 4/5 stars (1 review)
oortexploer - NW-DJ5BFT52F - 5/5 stars (1 review)
anrix2 -NW-DKYGGYPUE - 5/5 stars (1 review)
zuviele - NW-DHWDQZ9YD - 5/5 stars (1 review)
pavvo - NW-DRKKGUI26 - 4/5 stars (1 review)
lisaxreinke - NW-DBLLB920C - 3/5 stars (1 review)
vaelic - NW-DQ3H4MXKG - 4/5 stars (1 review)
sourcreamking - NW-DEV9KF4R7 - 5/5 stars (1 review)
caustic8 - NW-DA8O42CFF - 4/5 stars (1 review)
ohforfssake - NW-DB4ZMOH4K - 3/5 stars (1 review)
voivodak - NW-DNUZSYEEY - 4/5 stars (1 review)
ravenspire1 - NW-DA3XAVZ9W - 4/5 stars (2 reviews)
labmouse42 - NW-DJHHV5CGY - 4/5 stars (2 reviews)
maerwin - NW-DMFGWPBN3 - 5/5 stars (2 reviews)
veratio - NW-DQUECIOMN - 4/5 stars (2 reviews)
tyrinum - NW-DTWAGIPZH - 5/5 stars (2 reviews)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
Post edited by belberk on

Comments

• bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Completed: First Impression is VERY NICE 5 Stars.

Game Play -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrKVoq9ZGIY

There are two words together @00:57 "Ineed"
    The game will suffer from the return to enclave bug, I had to log out and back in to get reward. Just an optional thing would be having the cleric meet in the dungeon. @18:00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Quest:
    Bay of Pigs by @Bostish
    Short Code:NW-DAITVBJAX
    Mission Type: Indoor/Outdoor Location Mission
    Average Duration:15 min
    Amount of Combat:average
    Starts at: Auction House NPC
    Mission Summary: The final battle to seal the fate of two species is finally here. Participate and possibly gain allies.

Description: At the base of all battles is nothing more important that what strikes at a man’s heart. Whether it be a life long partner, a dream yet unfulfilled or epic adventure which hasn’t been accomplished. There are battles which may never be understood but yet need to be played out. Be it between country or men, fate needs to be played out.

There is a need, which assistance is required. Are you ready to do what is necessary?

Light Questing/Hack and Slash
    Difficulty: Medium

Reply Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?315231-Bay-of-Pigs-NW-DAITVBJAX
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You two can try my quest...

I wrote it for my gf.

We will run your quest and I will tell you what we think... ^^
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got stuck in combat with a monster maybe below the floor or inside wall just before picking up the main objective and couldn't complete the quest :( Please check out my quest at NW-DEZSTNUT7
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »

I wrote it for my gf.

Fixed the issues. please try again. Will review your quest Sunday afternoon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've tried it, it is a nice quest, good use of friendly encounters. I am a big fan of proper friendly encounter usage, it makes the quest feel more interactive.

I've left my suggested tweaks in game, they are minor.

Was that a pre-fabricated map? I am just curious because it was decorated well and had layers to it. I didn't know we had an option of a spiral staircase with the exception to the royal crypt circular room, but nothing can connect to it.

Anyway my quest is called Mage Masher. NW-DKYGGYPUE
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    I'll play your quest right now. I'm interested in a playthrough of my campaign, especially the third quest. It's in my signature.

EDIT: Played. Two things. The duergars didn't follow me, just their boss. Item, I don't think there's a need for it to be there. For me, items should be used as a last resort, because the player's backpack is precious, and by that I mean it's overloaded with loot.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    rdxcyclo wrote: »
    Got stuck in combat with a monster maybe below the floor or inside wall just before picking up the main objective and couldn't complete the quest :( Please check out my quest at NW-DEZSTNUT7

I see you were going for the cute factor in your quest and with that in mind, you earned a 4/5 stars. I really did not care for the intensity of the fights. The wife and I (lvl 28 cleric and lvl 28 GWF respectively) wiped within the first few minutes (pretty bad when the damage beats the cooldown on your potions). I say tone down the encounters or at least allow enough room in between the fights to avoid pulling in extra mobs. Every time I was pushed back by a mob I was dropped right into the lap of your next encounter. I think this is a good change up if you get bored with the epic "the world is going to end quests". Nice job.

You would have had 2 reviews but something bugged at the end when my wife leveled and she was unable to leave a rating or review.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • lostchartalostcharta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Running yours now. Mine are in my sig. Do whichever you like. If you could review in the linked thread that would be great.

Edit:
    That was a decent little hack and slash.
    I liked the use of friendly encounters to give soloers a little help, but there was one point (around where the spiral stairs down are) that the drow vanish before I get the next group of helpers. Maybe this was intentional, but if so you might want to move the encounters at the bottom of the staircase away from each other.
    You could do more interesting things with the story though, it was pretty much just a linear- kill all the things.
    Maybe have the friendly mobs only help you if you complete an optional objective off the main path or something like that to give it a bit of variety.

NW-DIRYOWUKYNW-DPXB42EEH
    The Linkwell CryptThe Linkwell Vault

@lostcharta
    solo campaign, balanced
    review thread
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »

I wrote it for my gf.

The wife and I played the first part of the campaign and we both loved nearly everything you have done with it and look forward to finishing the series.

The story was solid and the flow was superb. I got a kick out of the maps and map transitions. I would recommend one small adjustment to the Feast of the Moon part. You have some red dragons that have a heck of a push back which in itself is not a bad thing, but when you are fighting on a small platform or bridge above lava pools, it might be a good idea to add invisible walls or at least a way to climb back up. We had to restart the quest because we were both pushed off the platform. Other than that, great effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    tagging post. my quest is in my sig :)
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i'm going to play your quest during this evening.
    My adventure is in signature to be reviewed :) Thanks
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
    edited June 2013
    anrix2 wrote: »
    I've tried it, it is a nice quest, good use of friendly encounters. I am a big fan of proper friendly encounter usage, it makes the quest feel more interactive.

Was that a pre-fabricated map? I am just curious because it was decorated well and had layers to it. I didn't know we had an option of a spiral staircase with the exception to the royal crypt circular room, but nothing can connect to it.

I was unable to finish your quest. It is one of the best quest (in every category) I have played...until the final battle. The wife and I died at least eight times (and trust me we burned through 10 stones each) but we couldn't clear it. The encounter is way OP. We are running lvl 29 cleric and lvl 29 GWF with companions. If you tone it down a bit we'll try to run it again and rate and review, but I can't keep burning pots and stones just to fail.

I will most certainly rate it a 5 star and play your other quests because this one was awesome. Loved how you decorated your map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    havocl wrote: »
    I'll play your quest right now. I'm interested in a playthrough of my campaign, especially the third quest. It's in my signature.

EDIT: Played. Two things. The duergars didn't follow me, just their boss. Item, I don't think there's a need for it to be there. For me, items should be used as a last resort, because the player's backpack is precious, and by that I mean it's overloaded with loot.

We don't have the 3 hours to run your entire campaign, but we did run the second part and we both thought it was very well done (5/5). It was enough that we will most likely run the entire campaign when we have just a bit more time. I can see the story really engaging the player. Nice Job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • havoclhavocl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    I'm glad you like it. I've a suggestion. When you're going to play it, do separate runs (Zhentharim/Harper). Then you'll notice differences in the quests.
    Conflict between sworn enemies (NWS-DB3HIQPRH) by Havoc988 :
    It started with a burglary
    Then it got friendly
    But it ended badly
    edited June 2013

One of the best quests I've played. I was not able to finish it because the final encounter was too OP for me and the wife. Other than that, this stands out as AWESOME! If the final encounter gets toned down, please send me an IM because I will run it again, no doubt.

Excluding the final encounter, the combat was well balanced, the story was well thought out, the maps and map transitions were superb, and the decor was the best I've seen thus far. Like I said before, I WILL play this again as well as anything else you put out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    lostcharta wrote: »
    Running yours now. Mine are in my sig. Do whichever you like. If you could review in the linked thread that would be great.

Edit:
    That was a decent little hack and slash.
    I liked the use of friendly encounters to give soloers a little help, but there was one point (around where the spiral stairs down are) that the drow vanish before I get the next group of helpers. Maybe this was intentional, but if so you might want to move the encounters at the bottom of the staircase away from each other.
    You could do more interesting things with the story though, it was pretty much just a linear- kill all the things.
    Maybe have the friendly mobs only help you if you complete an optional objective off the main path or something like that to give it a bit of variety.

We played the Linkwell Vault and it was a ton of fun, not only was the combat well balanced but the mix of interacting with the quest givers made sense. I love the use of the NPC's in the beginning. We both gave you 5/5 stars, very well done. We're going to give the other Linkwell quest a go. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    Running yours now. If you would be so kind, I would like the quest in my signature reviewed please
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    belberk wrote: »
    One of the best quests I've played. I was not able to finish it because the final encounter was too OP for me and the wife. Other than that, this stands out as AWESOME! If the final encounter gets toned down, please send me an IM because I will run it again, no doubt.

Excluding the final encounter, the combat was well balanced, the story was well thought out, the maps and map transitions were superb, and the decor was the best I've seen thus far. Like I said before, I WILL play this again as well as anything else you put out.

Thanks for the feedback, and I apologize if that last fight gave you some grief. That group option is kind of a lost identity, because I had originally tuned it for 5 people, then decided to make it more for 2 or 3. I guess it still needs a tweak. I removed one of the packs in that last encounter so it should be 30% less stressful. Also thanks for the compliment, I did spend a lot of time decorating and this quest kind of gets lost in the catalog because I am not a good self promoter :)

Let me know if this still gives you trouble, I hope you didn't waste too many of your resources, my intent was never to punish the player with a lot of group stacking.

The new version is Mage Masher 1.4.0
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, and I apologize if that last fight gave you some grief. That group option is kind of a lost identity, because I had originally tuned it for 5 people, then decided to make it more for 2 or 3. I guess it still needs a tweak. I removed one of the packs in that last encounter so it should be 30% less stressful. Also thanks for the compliment, I did spend a lot of time decorating and this quest kind of gets lost in the catalog because I am not a good self promoter :)

Let me know if this still gives you trouble, I hope you didn't waste too many of your resources, my intent was never to punish the player with a lot of group stacking.

The new version is Mage Masher 1.4.0

The wife just logged off, but i guarantee, I will play it again and also recommend it.

EDIT;

I will run the quest again with my "review" toon and leave you a rating and review tonight, and will run it again this coming weekend with the wife. She really wants to finish it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I will give your quest a run-through this evening. Hopefully you can check mine out in return.

Title: All's Fair in Love and War
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Played the quest, unfortunately the "review" screen did not come up at the end. It is very annoying when that happens in this game.

Pretty solid, I did enjoy the addition of the group of eager "helpers" quite a bit. A nice feeling to head to battle with some backup for a change! That last battle was quite difficult, but it's nice to face a challenge every now and then. Could use a little beefing up in the story department but I definitely enjoyed the quest overall. Nice level design as well.

One thing, the cleric (in the opening convo) says "and it is in 'dager'", just danger mis-spelled.

Mine is a short comedy, hopefully you can check it out. (link above & in sig)
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Quest just played. Unfortunately I couldn't finish it 'cause the bug reward. In fact, after killing the drow matron and be out the door, it led me to protector but the quest was vanished. I hope to be able to finish it at the next relog, otherwise i'll re-play it.

However, my opinion is positive (4 stars). The point of strength is the chance to fight alongside the npc. There's not much story, but if you've seen it as a prologue is not a problem.

(question: where did you find the statues with their heads?: D)

edit : oky, finished and reviewed in game ;)
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »

The game will suffer from the return to enclave bug, I had to log out and back in to get reward. Just an optional thing would be having the cleric meet in the dungeon. @18:00

My Quest:
    Bay of Pigs by @Bostish
    Mission Summary: The final battle to seal the fate of two species is finally here. Participate and possibly gain allies.

Thanks for running my quest and finding the mistake. I will fix and republish on Tuesday. I will run your quest when I get home from work and review in your thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    I am not sure what happened at the end the first time I played it, so I ran it again and was able to complete and review. Nice work.
    edited June 2013
    bostish wrote: »

My Quest:
    Bay of Pigs by @Bostish

Description: At the base of all battles is nothing more important that what strikes at a man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    zuviele wrote: »
    Running yours now. If you would be so kind, I would like the quest in my signature reviewed please

I will have to run yours again because it bugged out on me at the very end (review bug). I will tell you that it was an awesome quest with great flow all the way around. I got a big kick out of the end. Great use of the maps and transitions and all the mobs felt like they belonged. It will be a 5/5 when I run it again tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited June 2013
    I will give your quest a run-through this evening. Hopefully you can check mine out in return.

Title: All's Fair in Love and War

Very, Very well done. You did an outstanding job of connecting your characters through the story. Good flow and the encounters were balanced (if not a bit light for a lvl 9 TR). I look forward to play your next one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • rdxcyclordxcyclo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ran through it again and managed to finish this time. Nice and quick run through the second time, and the third time(because I had some bug with the quest and it disappeared so I took it again) I brought a friend and it was super fast so I'm adding it to my list of daily foundries for sure :)
    Making my name with Foundry - @rdxcyclo

First installment of Gavin the "Lucky" series is live

Episodes:
    Gavin the "Lucky": Prologue - NW-DEZSTNUT7
  • katah1969katah1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2013
    Dovian,

If you have time, would love to trade reviews. Below is my info.

Exarah's Tomb: The Forgotten
    NW-DNRBBXZK3

For generations, the people of Neverwinter have passed down stories about the lost Tomb of Exarah and the sad tale of a long ago Princess. Dismissed as a mere legend, the story of Exarah is one that should have never been forgotten as the events surrounding her life, while tragic, hold historical significance. You have decided to embark on a journey to finally answer the questions surrounding the myth of Exarah's Tomb.

Average run time: ~20 minutes @ level 24
    Difficulty level: Easy encounters used, no stacking. Boss mobs are used.